Pages:
Author

Topic: Lottocoin redesign - Up to 1BTC on offer or 2,000,000 LOT - page 8. (Read 8229 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Hi all,

here's an updated design - cleaner (less texture), more pronounced embossing and fixed letter spacing.

Hope you like better this version, and as always comments are welcomed!

TY
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Funkycoin, we do appreciate your help in this thread and I did read your earlier thread about employing and paying a pro., which I essentially agree with. Though I like having the community involved in this, and if one of them can provide the winning design then even better.

watching with bated breath and hoping an awesome coin will be born... not here to put you guys down.. I've got my savings invested in this coin so for anyone who wants some creative art direction I'm happy to offer my advice for free.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

Yo funkycoin, spare me your 'feedback' bullshit. thanks

The 'finish' is great. Though, we want the coin to 'be in your face' so to speak when you see it.

Funkycoin, we do appreciate your help in this thread and I did read your earlier thread about employing and paying a pro., which I essentially agree with. Though I like having the community involved in this, and if one of them can provide the winning design then even better.
Activity: 616
Merit: 300

thats savage looking ,welldone, 2nd one gets my vote out of the 2, bit i still think metatron's design is the best so far

sure... NO COMMENT lol
Activity: 238

It looks bad, sorry.
m_j
Activity: 19
hey, better take out the stone like effect with scratches, it do not look like gold here.

im just playing around to do a realistic emboss effect like the real famous gold coins
http://anony.ws/i/2014/01/02/L1Nyk.png
So you mean making it all in gold?

Putting the balls in between the 1s and 0s is tricky as everything can move out of place...
Would require a lot of work and time Sad

Thanks for you positive and constructive comments though.

Cheers.

leave the O and the balls exactly as is for now...
its only the L that needs to move very slightly ot the right and this is achieved simply by reducing the length of the horizontal bar of the L so it can move closer to the O.

hope this is clear.

the silver rim is great ... looks classy and the 10111100 bits make it look modern and fresh and are great on the silver...  no need for any balls there... you've got a nice solution for the balls already featured in the O... likewise the letters and balls look great in raised silver too so don't need gold as the contrast between silver is a bonus to the claruty... especially as you have done them... just a slight extra height on the bevel with some nice subtle soft drop shad to make it look more 3D... I can take your final design and poss help give it a polish.

Hi all,

First of all Happy New Year  Grin

Here is my design for the LottoCoin:

I've been following this thread and working on the design since the first post in here.
I tried to incorporate what the OP wants plus my take and ideas.
Nonetheless, any changes and modifications you deem appropriate pls let me know  Wink

Thanks.

Really like this one. What about putting a gold bezel on it and the 010010101 in gold and also putting  a few lotto balls in between the 01010101  I think this would look killer

So you mean making it all in gold?

Putting the balls in between the 1s and 0s is tricky as everything can move out of place...
Would require a lot of work and time Sad

Thanks for you positive and constructive comments though.

Cheers.

Best so far, great effort...... modern, clear and classic with well balanced typogography...

TIPS
my advice would be to do a graduated shiny gold at 45 degrees (not textured gold) across the gold part of the coin and change the depth of the bevels and embossing slightly to make it a bit more 3D. Will give it the wow they are looking for
Also move the LOT type vey slightly to the right by reducing the size... although the L and T are spaced the same distance form the edge you need a little more space to the right of the L to compensate for the space under the right of the Ts top bar... this is a classic 'kerning trick' that is used by professional typograhers to give the type balance... you have to cheat it a bit to get 'LOT' to look centered. If you want to keep the balls of the lot 'O' centred simply reduce the length of the L horizontal just fractionally and move it across towards the O... this will give you that nice space to on the left had side of the L to balance the large space under the T's crossbar.

Grin

rgds,
steve

Cheers Steve for the tips and glad you liked my work!
I played a lot with the letters but will try what you said to make it better Wink

I was going to try another version with the plain flashy gold as you described, but in my opinion I see that style a bit too cartoon-y/clipart-y (like many scam coins out there), so opted for a 'real used' look for the coin to make it stand out from the rest.
I'll try something without the texture on the gold or will reduce it to a minimum... I'll see what looks good  Cheesy

Cheers.

Try this... do the gold version and then sample real texture  'scratches' from a white texture or existing metalic sheet... and add it as a channel layer (if you have photoshop) to give your generated gold a more real look... you can always take your final design from your 3D program in to photo shop and do some additional 'paint work' using layers and tansparent overlays.

A trick I use is to google search images of gold plates and photos of coins and sample and clone small sections to get that extra 'real' look and the right 'gold vignettes. You have to be clever and get the right section or it can look terrible.

also sheet aluminium textures are good and you can use photoshop overlay filters over th gold to just bring out the texture... lots of trial and error needed to get the most realistic effect.

Remember to search high quality images ONLY or your samples will be too pixelated

rgds steve

I only use Photoshop for this, don't have any 3D progs as my knowledge is in PS.
I've got loads of layers for this design - as you mentioned overlays and textures etc.
As I said, I'll try to incorporate your ideas as soon as I have some time.

And thanks for the constructive criticism.

Cheers
Activity: 616
Merit: 300
Hi all,

I've been following this thread and working on the design since the first post in here.
Nonetheless, any changes and modifications you deem appropriate pls let me know  Wink

Thanks.

Really like this one. What about putting a gold bezel on it and the 010010101 in gold and also putting  a few lotto balls in between the 01010101  I think this would look killer
I do personally like simple designs more but each to his own. I did do the new Frozen logo here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fz-frozen-cpu-and-gpu-nopremine-rare-fast-transactions-update-now-366762
which I like personally much more than the LOT one I did. (Hence not posting it for a couple of days)

the logo for frozen coin looks really fresh and innovative... why not try something out of the box for lotto with the same approach in creating something new and challenging
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Made this a couple of days ago. Wasn't going to post it since I am not quite sure about the result... :/

would be great for the plastic and metal logo on the front end of a car bonnet but looks nothing like a coin...
must look like a 3D coin to have any chance...

problem with these 3D graphic programs is they give you to many 'fancy' textures and options when all you really need is embossing and bevelling...
NO fancy plastic style effects or reflections... keep the bevels and embossing crisp and simple. leave out textures as coins look real when they are stamped in clean metal.

Its no good adding strokes to the keylines around type for logos... a good logo should stand as simple type with no 3d or clever textturing etc...
First rule of professional logo design is KIS... keep it simple... clarity and unique personality are the key to a successful logo but the logotype has to look good when printed in black with no drop shadows or effects.

Hope this helps... intended to be constructive not critical

Yeah, I know but it was more in response to what the OP wanted. (ie. shiny 3D look)

I do personally like simple designs more but each to his own. I did do the new Frozen logo here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fz-frozen-cpu-and-gpu-nopremine-rare-fast-transactions-update-now-366762
which I like personally much more (even though that too doesn't look anything like a coin) than the LOT one I did. (Hence not posting it for a couple of days)

I don't really like Skeuomorphism so making a digital coin look like an actual coin feels weird. Though the end goal might be to make a physical coin.

Best so far, great effort...... modern, clear and classic with well balanced typogography...

TIPS
my advice would be to do a graduated shiny gold at 45 degrees (not textured gold) across the gold part of the coin and change the depth of the bevels and embossing slightly to make it a bit more 3D. Will give it the wow they are looking for
Also move the LOT type vey slightly to the right by reducing the size... although the L and T are spaced the same distance form the edge you need a little more space to the right of the L to compensate for the space under the right of the Ts top bar... this is a classic 'kerning trick' that is used by professional typograhers to give the type balance... you have to cheat it a bit to get 'LOT' to look centered. If you want to keep the balls of the lot 'O' centred simply reduce the length of the L horizontal just fractionally and move it across towards the O... this will give you that nice space to on the left had side of the L to balance the large space under the T's crossbar.

Grin

rgds,
steve

I played a lot with the letters but will try what you said to make it better Wink

I was going to try another version with the plain flashy gold as you described, but in my opinion I see that style a bit too cartoon-y/clipart-y (like many scam coins out there), so opted for a 'real used' look for the coin to make it stand out from the rest.
I'll try something without the texture on the gold or will reduce it to a minimum... I'll see what looks good  Cheesy

Cheers.

Try this... do the gold version and then sample real texture  'scratches' from a white texture or existing metalic sheet... and add it as a channel layer (if you have photoshop) to give your generated gold a more real look... you can always take your final design from your 3D program in to photo shop and do some additional 'paint work' using layers and tansparent overlays.

A trick I use is to google search images of gold plates and photos of coins and sample and clone small sections to get that extra 'real' look and the right 'gold vignettes. You have to be clever and get the right section or it can look terrible.

also sheet aluminium textures are good and you can use photoshop overlay filters over th gold to just bring out the texture... lots of trial and error needed to get the most realistic effect.

Remember to search high quality images ONLY or your samples will be too pixelated

rgds steve

Made this a couple of days ago. Wasn't going to post it since I am not quite sure about the result... :/

would be great for the plastic and metal logo on the front end of a car bonnet but looks nothing like a coin...
must look like a 3D coin to have any chance...

problem with these 3D graphic programs is they give you to many 'fancy' textures and options when all you really need is embossing and bevelling...
NO fancy plastic style effects or reflections... keep the bevels and embossing crisp and simple. leave out textures as coins look real when they are stamped in clean metal.

Its no good adding strokes to the keylines around type for logos... a good logo should stand as simple type with no 3d or clever textturing etc...
First rule of professional logo design is KIS... keep it simple... clarity and unique personality are the key to a successful logo but the logotype has to look good when printed in black with no drop shadows or effects.

Hope this helps... intended to be constructive not critical
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Graphic Designer
I'm doing some Cinema 4D renders. Stay tuned! Smiley
Activity: 61

TIPS

Grin

rgds,
steve

Cheers.
Hi all,

Thanks.

TIPS

Grin

rgds,
steve
Activity: 94
Throw a bunch of golden lotto balls in the background, gold is better then the previous posters silver because gold is obviously more desirable. You can have numbers printed on the balls or a combo of those and a symbol for the currency. Maybe an X with a double slash though it to symbolize fingers crossed or something to that ends.
Pages:
Jump to: