Pages:
Author

Topic: Lottocoin redesign - Up to 1BTC on offer or 2,000,000 LOT - page 3. (Read 8229 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
don't get me wrong... the 3D render is sensational... but please please head my advice below before its too late at this critical moment.
The final LOT logo needs to be more generic and not so LOTTO (wheel) branded... big mistake here to use all these fancy elements that give the ID a more niche brand appeal. For all it's faults the original 'clip art style' sun ray and pile of coins was uplifting and positive but this just smacks of lottery gambling and loses that upbeat 'jolly' feel that will have mass appeal and be better for the wider end consumer market.

DANGER

The design for the 'smaller' logo HAS to be much simpler.

Take out all fussy elements like the rays and colours and piles of coins... OR if you want to keep rays in taper them so the white is thinner at edge and wider where it hits the O...
this will give the LOT a glow.

I can do these things for you for a bitcoin standing on my head...and you can move forward but time is running out...

As pointed out previously this must shout LOT when next to the bit coin B...
Keep going UNTIL you have something stronger than bitcoin B for the smaller logo.

The 3D coin is now way too fussy and too many detailed elements fighting... great for wow factor and placing on google images but no good for a long lasting world class logo... there are a couple of guys on this thread giving invaluable branding advice but please please devs let the pros guide the decision as just having 'WOW' factor is NOT good enough and will be a big FAIL.

Look how the old logo is now being used on a Google app... this was exactly why I advised early on that you should get a PRO to do this BEFORE it even hit criptsy... every one seemed to be screwing and ridiculing me about offering 3 Bitcoin to get you this done but the loss in real terms from pissing about and waiting has been 1000s of bitcoins in crucial lost time and market place 'perception' at a point when the coin needed to be seen as credible and worth investing in... its fine having 'love and respect from your community' and people being defensive when outsiders try and help but the outside world is a harsh place and a basic understanding of some well known corporate ID do's and donts would have avoided this current situation of not having a logo.

Every idiot out there thinks this is easy... it IS for the PROS who understand the basic rules AND applies them... but I have not seen any of the designs applying the simple rules critical for developing a world class final logo.

This will damage the brand in the end user space like ebay and anywhere the logo appears for the coin to be sold, traded or used and the brand will be perceived (as I try hard to alert you all too BEFORE it hit Criptsy) as nothing more than a amateur ALT represented by awful clip art.

RAMP this up guys... time loss added to a cheap brand logo that is now being widely used across the media is seriously damaging the rep of this coin!

Activity: 616
Merit: 300
dude, dont touch it, this one above is THE ONE, it cant get any better than that!!!! Come on oldminer pick this one!
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
LE HAPPY MERCHANT
Adding one color and flat version.

This one is really nice Smiley

If i may sugest on thing, make the "rainbow" color slight darker, i think thay are stealing to much atention from the LOT text since the eye drags to brighter areas
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Graphic Designer
All looking good.. What now? Do we need to make 'accepted here' logos? I think we're done here!

I'm just waiting for final confirmation (or any little changes) from Oldminer so I can prepare files and we can proceed to handover.
Activity: 56
DANGER

The design for the 'smaller' logo HAS to be much simpler.

Take out all fussy elements like the rays and colours and piles of coins... OR if you want to keep rays in taper them so the white is thinner at edge and wider where it hits the O...
this will give the LOT a glow.

I can do these things for you for a bitcoin standing on my head...and you can move forward but time is running out...

As pointed out previously this must shout LOT when next to the bit coin B...
Keep going UNTIL you have something stronger than bitcoin B for the smaller logo.

The 3D coin is now way too fussy and too many detailed elements fighting... great for wow factor and placing on google images but no good for a long lasting world class logo... there are a couple of guys on this thread giving invaluable branding advice but please please devs let the pros guide the decision as just having 'WOW' factor is NOT good enough and will be a big FAIL.

Look how the old logo is now being used on a Google app... this was exactly why I advised early on that you should get a PRO to do this BEFORE it even hit criptsy... every one seemed to be screwing and ridiculing me about offering 3 Bitcoin to get you this done but the loss in real terms from pissing about and waiting has been 1000s of bitcoins in crucial lost time and market place 'perception' at a point when the coin needed to be seen as credible and worth investing in... its fine having 'love and respect from your community' and people being defensive when outsiders try and help but the outside world is a harsh place and a basic understanding of some well known corporate ID do's and donts would have avoided this current situation of not having a logo.

Every idiot out there thinks this is easy... it IS for the PROS who understand the basic rules AND applies them... but I have not seen any of the designs applying the simple rules critical for developing a world class final logo.

This will damage the brand in the end user space like ebay and anywhere the logo appears for the coin to be sold, traded or used and the brand will be perceived (as I try hard to alert you all too BEFORE it hit Criptsy) as nothing more than a amateur ALT represented by awful clip art.

RAMP this up guys... time loss added to a cheap brand logo that is now being widely used across the media is seriously damaging the rep of this coin!

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
This is how I imagined to add a lotto ball without complicating Smiley

yeah 8 looks nice. good job

But i don´t know exactly what i should think of the flat colored one. I will just waite to see the final result Smiley
Activity: 406
All looking good.. What now? Do we need to make 'accepted here' logos? I think we're done here!
Graphic Designer
All three options are usable, depending of the application or size.

1. flat, 1 color
2. flat, multicolor
3. 3D coin render

Graphic Designer
Yeah, adding a rainbow would be next step. Making it right now.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Yeah looks a bit distorted, I just made a quick screenshot in Illustrator. Final image will be fine.

Thank you!

Do you think a 2d version with colors would look good? (Rainbow colors, like in 3d)

Quite possibly. I think we struck gold when the decision was made to add 'lotto colors' into the logo. We should keep this aspect of the coin in other designs too.
Yeah looks a bit distorted, I just made a quick screenshot in Illustrator. Final image will be fine.

Thank you!

Do you think a 2d version with colors would look good? (Rainbow colors, like in 3d)
Graphic Designer
Yep, looks sharp. You'd be getting even better results with a vector graphics which is my source file.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
the "Lottocoin acepted here" image is excellent  Smiley

I love the coin design too though Smiley great job everyone!

Readable under 30x30, perfect
Activity: 28

Getting closer for me, although I'm not sure on the tea colour and the pool ball in the middle, I preferred the normal O.

The 2d version looks better imo. Kudos to the effort on this. Smiley

http://www.featurepics.com/FI/Thumb300/20080108/Ball-Pool-Table-Ball-Distance-567216.jpg

Graphic Designer

Thank you!

That's genius. Pure genius. The 2d version is perfect!

The 3d version looks a bit weird in this one? It looked fine two posts ago.

BTW I just sent you a little donation, I'm not rich but I think it will motivate you Smiley
Graphic Designer

Graphic Designer
Very kind of you. I'd definitely appreciate any tips Smiley

My LOT address
M32eCyHmJxA2dyaMc5UQbj3gQKLWyRyPYw
Pages:
Jump to: