Pages:
Author

Topic: Lottocoin redesign - Up to 1BTC on offer or 2,000,000 LOT - page 5. (Read 8229 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 300
wow,. that is amazing, we have to use that one, thats just gorgeous
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Graphic Designer
I must say I am pretty impressed how this design evolved! Smiley

What do you guys say?

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
LnR2Z7SHRdBLcygYdiqNukuxDLS8erurpA thanks Smiley
Graphic Designer
Ouch, you want LOTTOCOIN in one word? This puts me back for a few hours, but I will fix it.

Is there anything else that might be tweaked on a basic design?

No thats fine. Leave it 'as is'. I think 1 BTC for what you have done up until now is fair payment. If we need lottocoin as one word we will look at scraping up more $$ to pay you for further modification. Id prefer to get this logo up sooner rather than later as well, so lets not hold it up any further because of something so minor.
Got it. I will try to get it done asap.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

So no chance with this, mr. Oldminer? Smiley

Its a nice design but we were after more of the 'wow' factor. Thanks for your submission anyway. Post your wallet address & I'll send you some LOT Smiley
legendary
Ouch, you want LOTTOCOIN in one word? This puts me back for a few hours, but I will fix it.

No thats fine. Leave it 'as is'. I think 1 BTC for what you have done up until now is fair payment. If we need lottocoin as one word we will look at scraping up more $$ to pay you for further modification. Id prefer to get this logo up sooner rather than later as well, so lets not hold it up any further because of something so minor.
Graphic Designer

legendary

Cool work!

Indeed, I like the 2nd logo. However, they are on a flat coin and not tilted which was my main gripe. The web2.0 for the logo and then the logo put onto a coin works for me, the branding is the same and the shape makes the logo recognizable. There is no logo for LOT like in the above examples, the coin IS the logo which is maybe where its lacking. The 2nd quark logo above stands in its own right, without it been put onto a coin. It can be reproduced in every color and its still recognizable as that coins logo. LOT doesn't have that yet.
Activity: 42

Looking for some suggestions what to improve!
I think LOT ( lottocoin's ticker name) should be on it rather than just the letter L =D

Coinmakr: I think you are very correct too =)
Activity: 56
author=y3804 link=topic=391722.msg4335893#msg4335893 date=1388970114]

The basic idea is fantastic and love the over all design...

If I was brand Art Director on this project here's what I'd be changing...
These would be my suggestions for final tweaked version before public release to make this design world class:

1. The bevel of each of the rays should change slightly in depth from outer edge to inside where it meets the SUN/ 'O'..
personally I'd try the two variations below before deciding which is best

(A) Outside edge deepest and inside centre nearest the O just visible enough to give the  'SUN/O' a dramatic natural halo effect so that it looks as though the sun is eminating light from its source.
(B) I would also try a variation the other way round with the bevel height of the rays deepest at the centre and then almost zero where they meet the silver outer rim just to check the one that looks best.

2. Kill the colour wheel and let the gold do the talking... try a subtle variation of light and dark gold in each alternate recess space between the rays... like one is white gold and the alternate one is pure gold... this will give a fantastic 'ray effect' and subly reflect the original design concept.

3. Find out from the DEVS if final branding will be LOTTOCOIN or LOTTO COIN... important to have syncronised use of one OR the OTHER... this is most important for consistant brand identity from the start. Depending on which one they choose use this for the silver outer rim. At present you have LOTTO COIN but my personal preference would be to strengthen the brand name and make it LOTTOCOIN. LOTTOCOIN is a strong brand name... LOTTO COIN is just a 'lotto coin'.

4. Once the final version is done give it a 'Polish' in photoshop and add some 'bling'... I can do that for 1 Bitcoin but you may wish to do it yourself... I'd do it by cross vignetting some of the raised parts like LOT and give some highlight 'pings' on the rim... I'd also vignetting the surface of the ray recesses to give a feeling of light emanating from the middle... a cou[le of bling 'glints' would be the final addition one to the top of the O centre and the other on the outside edge.

5. I'd also change the width on the bevel of the coin pile. ONLY the back of the top of the coin though... I'd make the width at the very back of the upside edge subtly thinner so that this would give that ple a feeling of being in true perspective. This would have to be subtle but would distinguish the coin and give it that true caraftsman feel as though the coins were in real perspective and not just a bevelled line graphic.

6. You're prob on to this already but thought I'd mention: The burnt outer rim highlight on the top right needs a subtle paint to hold it when its on a white or light background... would not do this in the 3D prog but I'd do a subtle layer paint with a soft brush in photoshop... do it in the 3D prog and you may tamper with overall lighting which is currently great.

Once these are done you'll have a world class coin and brand logo ID!!! Superb work... YOU HAVE MY VOTE – GOOD LUCK TO WIN !!!  Cheesy

sorry, I was just suggesting...I have very little knowledge on this but I just thought I might speak my mind about the design lol

No need to apologize, its all subjective, but I'm quite into branding. The logo needs to be easily reproduced across other mediums, scalable and easy on the eye. Again I'll use the sticker example. A bitcoin logo sticker, would be cut from one piece of orange vinyl and would be cheap enough to do, whereas the Netcoin logo would probably have to be printed onto vinyl due to the overcomplicated design and colour scheme. I'm not saying stickers should make or break a coin design, but the logo needs to easily reproduced in the future, be it in print, web or on a physical object such as those neon 'We Accept BitCoin' lights I've seen. Just something to consider.
Activity: 406

Netcoin -> 3d logo for marketing purposes, 2d logo for CMC and Coinwarz. Actually if you look closely they do use the 3d logo for CMC/Coinwarz!

I think it's not a difficult task to create 2 versions. The model is rendered in C4D and can be seen by different angles. A little bit of photoshop and voila

EDIT: ^^ well exactly

That's all well and good, but thats more work and leads to brand confusion. Why have two types of logo, when a flat version is all you need. The Netcoin logo is sht btw. I prefer a web2.0 type of look, much like the original BitCoin logo. This is easily reproduced in vinyl stickers, stitching on T-Shirts etc etc. Where as the Netcoin logo is a complicated mess, as soon as its reduced to say a 50 x 50px gif, the wording is unreadable and the colours bleed.

Check the Quarkcoin logo competition thread. Each entry has a 3d physical coin coupled with a 2d flat illustrator design.

for instance,

Cool work!

Netcoin -> 3d logo for marketing purposes, 2d logo for CMC and Coinwarz. Actually if you look closely they do use the 3d logo for CMC/Coinwarz!

I think it's not a difficult task to create 2 versions. The model is rendered in C4D and can be seen by different angles. A little bit of photoshop and voila

That's all well and good, but thats more work and leads to brand confusion. Why have two types of logo, when a flat version is all you need. The Netcoin logo is sht btw. I prefer a web2.0 type of look, much like the original BitCoin logo. This is easily reproduced in vinyl stickers, stitching on T-Shirts etc etc. Where as the Netcoin logo is a complicated mess, as soon as its reduced to say a 50 x 50px gif, the wording is unreadable and the colours bleed.
sorry, I was just suggesting...I have very little knowledge on this but I just thought I might speak my mind about the design lol

Graphic Designer
I will provide a flat version also. Before I continued to 3D modeling I had to draw it in Illustrator anyway Smiley
I really like the design of nutcoin (the image found on the background of website), hope those working on the design of LOT takes a glance at it =P
Pages:
Jump to: