Pages:
Author

Topic: Lottocoin redesign - Up to 1BTC on offer or 2,000,000 LOT - page 4. (Read 8229 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Thanks Smiley

First stage was to do a flat design of it. I will show it soon.

Great! Can't wait to see it. Do you want a donation Smiley Hope you get paid well
Activity: 295
Graphic Designer
Thanks Smiley

First stage was to do a flat design of it. I will show it soon.
This is how I imagined to add a lotto ball without complicating Smiley

F*****g smart! You're the man!

I think we still need a flat 2d version (cartoonish). Any ideas?

The other guy is right on that one, if we need a 50x50 version then the text becomes unreadable..
Graphic Designer
This is how I imagined to add a lotto ball without complicating Smiley

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I must say I am pretty impressed how this design evolved! Smiley

What do you guys say?

I like this one, really good work
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Once the 'coin' design has been finalised the letter L (or 'LOT') is then made in to a logo. As discussed in my thread it's good to get the end user associating your brand by establishing your 'Alphabet' letter... Think Facebook 'F', Wikipedia 'W' Google+ 'G' etc.
Unfortunately L has been 'hijacked' in the crypto world by the litecoin 'L' so some clever thinking must be applied here to ensure the LOTTOCOIN 'L' or 'LOT' has a distinct and instantly recognisable personality that corresponds with the 'supporting' 3D coin graphic.

Interesting thread, thanks for the link.
Activity: 56
I'm sorry to be going against the grain, but I hope this isnt the final design. Its far too busy and colourful. I've reduced it to an 50px icon size (wallet etc) and as you can see, you lose all the detail. Most logos are far simpler such as Pepsi, McDonalds and BitCoin. These are scalable and easily reproduced. This isn't a nice modern logo for the Web2.0 generation imo.

Ruined

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy1/coinmakr/smallIcon_zps33b2f385.png

Whereas the Bitcoin logo is easily identifiable at any size..

http://wscont1.apps.microsoft.com/winstore/1x/76276a02-d2a9-4713-8a75-2472fb95a546/Icon.80335.png

Simple solution as discussed in my ALT coin 'branding' advice thread here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/branding-your-alt-coin-tips-advice-and-discussion-thread-390797

Once the 'coin' design has been finalised the letter L (or 'LOT') is then made in to a logo. As discussed in my thread it's good to get the end user associating your brand by establishing your 'Alphabet' letter... Think Facebook 'F', Wikipedia 'W' Google+ 'G' etc.
Unfortunately L has been 'hijacked' in the crypto world by the litecoin 'L' so some clever thinking must be applied here to ensure the LOTTOCOIN 'L' or 'LOT' has a distinct and instantly recognisable personality that corresponds with the 'supporting' 3D coin graphic.

Bitcoin logo is too simple. Shows no effort

I work in branding and marketing in my business. I advise clients on matters like this, so take it or leave it, I only mean well and want whats best for the coin as I have a few. The Bitcoin logo works at any size, its modern, easily reproduced in any colour and it sticks in the memory. The logo above, despite it been a nice design at a large scale, just doesn't work at any other size. Try create a 16px x 16px icon, or a 48px x 48px icon from it? Why the need for 20 colours? The best logos are the most simplest ones. These are the logos that stick long in the memory, not the over engineered ones.

I'm not into knocking work because I can see the effort that everyone is putting in, so apologies if it comes over like that, I'm just provoking debate. I just want it to represent the generation that its aimed for. The Web2.0 generation. Why do the Facebook, Twitter and new Google logos look so good? Clean designs and nice simple colours. Scalable be design, you could create a billboard from them or stick them on a postage stamp, they work. The BitCoin logo represents the modern generation, the ones who will use the coins.

Heres what I mean, one and two colours. Far from showing no effort, they stick in the mind which is the idea of a good logo.

http://justcreative.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/professionallogodesign.gif

I'm sorry to be going against the grain, but I hope this isnt the final design. Its far too busy and colourful. I've reduced it to an 50px icon size (wallet etc) and as you can see, you lose all the detail. Most logos are far simpler such as Pepsi, McDonalds and BitCoin. These are scalable and easily reproduced. This isn't a nice modern logo for the Web2.0 generation imo.

Ruined

Bitcoin logo is too simple. Shows no effort. I like worldcoin's logo though. Originality isn't a bad
Activity: 616
Merit: 300
Great design  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd just remove whole O letter and replace it with a lotto ball 8.

I'll try to make another sample tomorrow, need some sleep now Smiley

I assume everything else is ok with coin design now (except adding lotto ball)?

Is it really too wide/heavy? I kinda like it that way Smiley

I think it looks fine as it is and is not too wide and heavy. The 8 ball is a nice touch. We are happy to accept it as it is however if you think you can improve on it by tweaking it a bit more that's fine too.

Ruined

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy1/coinmakr/smallIcon_zps33b2f385.png

http://wscont1.apps.microsoft.com/winstore/1x/76276a02-d2a9-4713-8a75-2472fb95a546/Icon.80335.png
Activity: 336
... I'm doing it wrong. Made the coin a little bit thinner, its better that way I thnk

just wow! this will certainly appeal to a broad audience (especially chinese with those colors imo)

my personal opinion.. leave out the bingo/lotto ball..

good luck!
Graphic Designer
I'd just remove whole O letter and replace it with a lotto ball 8.

I'll try to make another sample tomorrow, need some sleep now Smiley

I assume everything else is ok with coin design now (except adding lotto ball)?

Is it really too wide/heavy? I kinda like it that way Smiley

Activity: 616
Merit: 300
Looks smashingtastc well done

Can you do that version in the thick dept?
... I'm doing it wrong. Made the coin a little bit thinner, its better that way I thnk

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
quote: "I like that... use 8 as the Lotto ball number.. chinese are superstitious and 8 is considered good luck/fortune.. 888 gold.. etc"

yup i agree can gjeric give it a shot to see how it looks?

Yes, lets try that.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
quote: "I like that... use 8 as the Lotto ball number.. chinese are superstitious and 8 is considered good luck/fortune.. 888 gold.. etc"

yup i agree can gjeric give it a shot to see how it looks?
I must say I am pretty impressed how this design evolved! Smiley

What do you guys say?

Yeah!!! Nice job! Could you render the front angle? Also I think the coin is too thick (too large). What do you think?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: