Pages:
Author

Topic: LoyceV's Bitcoin Fork claiming guide (and service) - page 4. (Read 29690 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
If BlockChair is right, I have 0.03 BCH. And I'm supposed to have as well BSV and all (all!) the other fork coins which appeared after BCH.
I can't easily check your balance over the years because there's so many transactions. Chances are you have most or all Forkcoins. But most Forkcoins aren't worth it, and my current list is limited to just 5. You'll have a around $0.2 worth of BTG and BCD, it's great to use as an exercise in Forkwallets, but not worth the money.

I'm using Bitcoin Wallet for Android and so far, the operation of extracting the private keys beats me (sad lol). I followed their guide, but I'm stuck at some point. If you have any experience with this procedure, for this wallet, I will gladly sell you the coins.
I used that wallet in 2015 when I received my first (milli)Bitcoin. It looks like a lot of work to export private keys from Bitcoin Wallet for Android! If it works though, I'll Merit the post.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 6436
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
That's the problem. Findmycoins could (should!) have created a snapshot with all balances the moment each fork happened, but apparently they're checking actual transactions.

Uh-huh... this is curious. On my side, I didn't get that message. But anyway, this must be the reason. Thanks for looking into this. The question is: what can I do now? How can I see how many fork coins I have Huh

Before you claim your Forks and split your coins: Can I buy $1? Cheesy

If BlockChair is right, I have 0.03 BCH. And I'm supposed to have as well BSV and all (all!) the other fork coins which appeared after BCH. I would gladly sell you some (even all), but I'm in a bit of trouble: I'm using Bitcoin Wallet for Android and so far, the operation of extracting the private keys beats me (sad lol). I followed their guide, but I'm stuck at some point. If you have any experience with this procedure, for this wallet, I will gladly sell you the coins.
legendary
In my case, I told you, it doesn't display any information after I hit the "Search" button.
It shows this:
Coins status unknown: The address could not be checked. Learn more : The address could not be checked. Learn more
Quote from: learn more
Your address may be invalid, or it contains too many transactions. At this stage we do not support checking addresses containing more than 50 transactions. If the address does not contain that many transactions, try searching less addresses at once.
That's the problem. Findmycoins could (should!) have created a snapshot with all balances the moment each fork happened, but apparently they're checking actual transactions.

Before you claim your Forks and split your coins: Can I buy $1? Cheesy
legendary
Most of the links are outdated by now, but I still use Find my coins. I've seen some inaccurate results on this site though.

Uh-huh... In my case, I told you, it doesn't display any information after I hit the "Search" button. My address remains displayed on the screen and nothing happens.

Blockchair is probably correct.

This is also what I'm thinking... The problem is that BlockChair shows only Bcash coins, not all the other forked ones...

LoyceV, do you think you can take a look also, please?
What's the address?

Thanks for taking your time and checking on this. The address is this one: 1EwSVNB64jPad2Epp7scoZHX2mfkUHQQ2x.
legendary
And the third one again doesn't show that I'd have any for coins.
Most of the links are outdated by now, but I still use Find my coins. I've seen some inaccurate results on this site though.

However, when I checked my address with BlockChair, it showed that I have 0.03 BCash, so I don't know where the problem is.
Blockchair is probably correct.

What's the address?
legendary
2. BTC Forks Balance (supports only selected forks)
5. Bitcoin Dividends and Airdrops (useful site to check a Bitcoin address for many Forkcoins, thanks alia_armelle for the link).
7. Find my coins (the most complete Fork Checker so far)[/size]

It seems the links showing the fork coins balances don't work anymore Sad Or there is a problem...

The first link doesn't show me anything. The second one asks for user name / pass. And the third one again doesn't show that I'd have any for coins.

However, when I checked my address with BlockChair, it showed that I have 0.03 BCash, so I don't know where the problem is. At BlockChair, which shows I have something? Or at these three URLs (actually 2, as one of them asks for user / pass), which show me nothing? And when I say nothing I mean the page doesn't even change. I don't receive any message saying I don't have fork coins. After writing my address and clicking on "Search", nothing is shown.

In this search I used the BTC address listed at my profile.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
This sounds like a Royal Pain
I can handle this Pain at the right fee Smiley

I might get back to you on that offer looks like 1K less Bitcoin Cash which I did bother with back then regret not doing BTG too
Looks like a correction is happening again so not really worth it until the alt forks move up a bit more with the bull run.

Unlike 2018 it really is a fraction of what it was if it was done closer to the fork well those are shitcoins for you however I'll keep a note in mind though as I do have a few buddies with old ass wallets that might be in need of services as well.

just curious what the current table is seeing if it's worth it
Those are the ones I extract nowadays:
BCH: $400
BSV: $165
BCH-A: $15
BTG: $8
BCD: $5

Last time I tried it crashes when I import certain private keys, or gives errors. It wasn't very convenient to use anyway, and most of Forkcoins are virtually worthless by now, so I gave up.

Thanks thought so Bither looked buggy, most of these forkcoins are worthless so it makes sense
Kind of reminds me of BNB token staking on Binance and getting crappy de-fi tokens from Binance (Paris St Germain Tokens, Football Club Fan Tokens) ... sell

The point is forking results in a lot of crap in the long haul back to BTC.
legendary
This sounds like a Royal Pain
I can handle this Pain at the right fee Smiley

just curious what the current table is seeing if it's worth it
Those are the ones I extract nowadays:
BCH: $400
BSV: $165
BCH-A: $15
BTG: $8
BCD: $5

Also is Bither still working see no issues with Bitpie
Last time I tried it crashes when I import certain private keys, or gives errors. It wasn't very convenient to use anyway, and most of Forkcoins are virtually worthless by now, so I gave up.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
This sounds like a Royal Pain just curious what the current table is seeing if it's worth it
Also is Bither still working see no issues with Bitpie
legendary
BSV turns out to be much more annoying: it's own wallet doesn't let me sign a transaction from a read-only wallet, and I don't trust them at all so don't want to give the hot wallet a private key.
Reddit suggested to use an old Electron Cash wallet, which I tried. However, once signed, the transaction couldn't be broadcasted.
Eventually, I used Coinomi on Android to import the private key into a hot wallet, and broadcasted the transaction. This is not how I prefer to do things, but it got the job done.

That leaves BCH-A. The wallet works just fine, but I'm waiting for Binance to accept deposits.
legendary
Now that I'm done, I'll create a very short overview of how I would approach this if I'd have to do it again:

Getting Forkcoins out of multisig
Install Electrum on an offline system, running from a LIVE Linux DVD.
Restore the 2FA wallet by creating a new wallet from your mnemonic, but choose to Disable 2FA.
Click File > Save a copy.
Open this text file in an editor. It'll give you 3 xpubs and 2 xprivs. This is what you need, but keep the xprivs offline!
Install a VM on your online system, install Electron Cash in there. Create a new wallet, select Multi-signature, choose 3 cosigners and 2 signatures. Import the 3 xpubs (NOT the xprivs!). This should give you a read-only wallet with the balance.
Create a legacy Bitcoin address any way you want. Make sure this is secure, preferably offline and air-gapped. Keep this!
Create a transaction from Electron Cash (your online watch-only wallet). Send all funds to your legacy wallet. If all funds exist on all chains (so your Bitcoins were all older than August 1, 2017), the lack of replay transaction means this transaction is also valid for BSV and BCH-A.
Click Preview, copy the transaction. Use a QR-code or USB-stick to copy it to your offline system.
On your offline system, install Electron Cash. Create a new multisig wallet. But this time it should be able to sign transactions, so use the 2 xprivs and the third xpub.
Open the unsigned transaction in your offline Electron Cash, sign it, and copy it again.
Use your online Electron Cash to broadcast the transaction.
Pray a bit, and calm your nerves Cheesy
Check https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/address/1addy, https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-sv/address/1addy and https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-abc/address/1addy. If all went well, all funds on all chains should have moved from your multisig address to the legacy address on their respective chains.
Get some Forkcoin dust that only exists on one of the chains to ensure replay protection on all chains. If not all Forkcoins moved, you'll need to manually get them out of multisig again.
Use your favourite wallet for each Forkcoin to import the address (read-only) and create an unsigned transaction sending the entire balance (use all inputs on that chain, including the Forkcoin dust for that specific chain) to a new address on that chain. Sign the transaction on an airgapped system, then broadcast it. Repeat this for all Forks, start with the most valuable Forkcoin.
Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin Diamond have replay protection, you'll need to get them out of multisig the hard way. BCD has a working Linux clone of Electrum, for BTG I used the Windows clone of Electrum using Wine.

Disclaimer: use this at your own risk! Be sure to know what you're doing before doing it. When in doubt, don't do it. And don't hold me responsible, you and only you are responsible for following my advice.
legendary
Big bump!

After spending a very long day helping someone to extract Forkcoins from an old multisig addy, and after being very annoyed with the BSV Electrum clone that took way too much time to install, couldn't even properly export a raw transaction, and has a flaw that puts multisig funds at risk, I suddenly had the great idea to use the lack of replay protection in my advantage! I found Electrum ABC, and made a transaction to a legacy address. My prayers were answered when I saw both BTC-A as well as BSV move from the multisig address into the legacy address. I still need to split them, but now it's a walk in the park.

Note: I don't trust any of these programs, and I've installed all of them in different VMs. I didn't import private keys in hot wallets, and signed all transactions offline on a Live Linux running from DVD that runs from RAM only.

Now I only have to figure out how to get Bitcoin Gold out of multisig. If anyone knows, please tell me! The only Electrum-clone I found requires Windows, which I don't have.
legendary
have you ever though of creating a similar website / app which people could use themselves?
Nope, I don't have the skills to do that, and most forks are worthless by now anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
There was a website a year ago that you could send your privkey to and the wallet addresses for various forked coins you wanted to receive and it would fairly quickly extract the coins and send them to the relevant wallets - have you ever though of creating a similar website / app which people could use themselves?
legendary
The idea would be to keep them and not change them into BTC.
That's even easier Smiley

I agree on 10% and it's fine that you will skip the Bitcoin gold. Since I trust you because you have a very good reputation on here, I just have to tell you my secret phrase seed (via PM) and give you a BCH address and a BSV address where I  want to receive the 4.5BCH and 4.5BSV (that is 5 minus 10% fees) and that will be it?
While I'm at it, I'll get the BTG too. That one shouldn't be too difficult.

Don't just PM your seed phrase words, I'll PM you a bit more complicated instructions.
Activity: 469
Merit: 94
I understand you have a fork claiming service? How much % would you charge me if I gave you full access to my wallets (which ofcourse have no BTC in it anymore) and let you do all the work?

I have one Electrum wallet which should still have 5 Bitcoin Cash, 5 Bitcoin SV and 2.1 Bitcoin Gold
and two other Electrum wallets with a total of 3 Bitcoin Gold to claim.
I can do this for 10% fee, but only for those "main forks". The many smaller forks are barely worth it nowadays, and I just don't have the time to figure them all out.
Also note that the values are much lower now than when I opened this topic. Currently you're looking at around 0.2 BTC.

I know that they are much much lower. I wish I would have claimed them earlier but I just didn't get to it (mostly cause I simply find it too difficult as I'm a noob). I stricly use Bitcoin to transfer from website to website, but I realize I have to claim my coins at some point. The idea would be to keep them and not change them into BTC.

I agree on 10% and it's fine that you will skip the Bitcoin gold. Since I trust you because you have a very good reputation on here, I just have to tell you my secret phrase seed (via PM) and give you a BCH address and a BSV address where I  want to receive the 4.5BCH and 4.5BSV (that is 5 minus 10% fees) and that will be it?
legendary
I understand you have a fork claiming service? How much % would you charge me if I gave you full access to my wallets (which ofcourse have no BTC in it anymore) and let you do all the work?

I have one Electrum wallet which should still have 5 Bitcoin Cash, 5 Bitcoin SV and 2.1 Bitcoin Gold
I can do this for 10% fee, but only for those "main forks". The many smaller forks are barely worth it nowadays, and I just don't have the time to figure them all out.
Also note that the values are much lower now than when I opened this topic. Currently you're looking at around 0.2 BTC.
Activity: 469
Merit: 94
Hey, can you extract BTG from P2SH address ?
I don't know, I've never tried it, and can't find a quick answer to your question either.

Hello LoyceV!

legendary
I don't know, I've never tried it, and can't find a quick answer to your question either.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Pages:
Jump to: