Pages:
Author

Topic: LoyceV's Bitcoin Fork claiming guide (and service) - page 8. (Read 29733 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
My Service
Most Forkcoins can't be deposited to any trustworthy exchange yet. That means I can't really offer the service I want to offer yet, so I'll just keep this here until it becomes available. Gate.io takes Forkcoin-deposits, but it has many scam accusations and I don't trust it.
I can already offer my service for Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold and BitCore.

General note: never give your private key or word seed phrase to anybody! If you're not the sole owner of your private keys, you're not the owner at all!
If you want me to claim your forked coins for you, you're going to have to give me your private key(s). Now, read the sentence above this again. Are you confused yet? That was intentional to make you realize what you're about to do!

If you decide to use my services, notify me first. If it comes to the point where you're going to send me private keys, do not just PM them!
Before sending any private keys, move your Bitcoins to a new secure wallet! Also move the Forkcoins to a new address on as many forked chains as you can do on your own. This reduces the risk by securing the majority of your funds by yourself.

My fee is negotiable: make me an offer! Each address requires quite some work per fork, it won't be worth my time and the Bitcoin fees doing this for very small amounts.

Why trust me
Check LoyceV's Legendary Campaign/Services Portfolio to see what campaigns I have managed in the past.
Check Payments to see me share about $1220 after the June 2017 Byteball airdrop. Subsequent comments testify to this.
See my Trust summary (click "Untrusted feedback").
Check my staked address to see my account is not hacked.
Full disclosure: for LoyceV's Legendary 10 Month 10 Person 10 Altcoin Investment Experiment: STARTED I still have altcoins currently worth about $1600 entrusted to me.
If this isn't enough: you don't have to use my services, and you're still welcome to post comments!

Updated instructions for this service: click here.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Update (May 11, 2022): See the next post for my Fork claiming service. Note that most of the Forkcoins mentioned here are no longer worth anything, and prices have dropped significantly. There are however still 5 Forkcoins worth claiming.

LoyceV's Bitcoin Fork claiming guide (and service)

I wasn't sure what board to post this on, so I decided to make it informative and a service at the same time. I will only list methods, wallets and exchanges that I have used by myself.

Why
Bitcoin Cash has opened the floodgates to countless more Bitcoin forks. It's almost impossible to keep track, several websites show all possible forks, Coinmarketcap shows many forked coins already, but most forks don't have a working wallet yet.
As much as I dislike forks, once they do have a working wallet, I'll happily exchange them for real Bitcoins!

Start
You need to know which one of your addresses held Bitcoin during each fork. If you use many (change) addresses, it can be quite a lot of work to find them all. I suggest to list them all in a spreadsheet, and check each address for each fork.

Precautions
My favourite precaution is being very careful. Assume any wallet can steal your money, and try all you can to prevent that from happening.
Be very careful not to send Forkcoins to the wrong chain!
I don't trust many wallets, so I use a VM for anything I install on my PC. An alternative would be using another computer.
Some of the new Forkcoins have a very wide spread in trading price (see the Markets-tab on CMC), and not all of the exchanges accept deposits (or withdrawals) for each Forkcoin. Be very careful which exchange you trust.

Bitcoin Forks and Wallets (Note: values in this table are outdated, check Coinmarketcap.com for the current value)

||Name/Website|Explorer|ForkBlock|Wallet|Revenue/BTC*|Exchange|Notes|
|1. |Bitcoin Cash|BCH/BCC|478558|Electron Cash / Coinomi|
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org