Pages:
Author

Topic: [LTC] Online Litecoin Miner - page 2. (Read 52246 times)

Activity: 838
Merit: 507
December 19, 2012, 05:53:52 AM
Mining on by default, they must opt out ... why am I not surprised.

That's the way pooler wrote the code, if you or someone else would like to show me which part of the code to edit and how I would be more than happy to change it.

Just for reference:

I have written a simple widget that allows visitors to start/stop the miner, and uses a cookie to make the decision persistent.

http://jsfiddle.net/pooler/XB5Fg/

This is an opt-out version, i.e., the miner is auto-started by default. An opt-in version can easily be obtained by changing the condition in the "if" at the end of the code.

More explicitly, it should be enough to change
Code:
if (document.cookie.indexOf('mineLTC=0') == -1)
to
Code:
if (document.cookie.indexOf('mineLTC=1') != -1)
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 19, 2012, 04:56:24 AM

That's the way pooler wrote the code, if you or someone else would like to show me which part of the code to edit and how I would be more than happy to change it.

As it stands it takes 2 seconds to click the button to opt out, your choice is remembered for every subsequent visit and it's only using 2% of your spare cpu cycles that aren't doing anything anyway, so it's REALLY not causing THAT much of an inconvenience that you need to come here and whine about it like I just launched a full-out assault on your cpu...
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
December 18, 2012, 10:37:31 PM
The miner won't even load anyway. Copy-paste their sample code into a new HTML file and save it to a webhost; The Java applet will fail to load.

The miner is working just fine on my page at: http://www.crypto-radio.com
December 18, 2012, 04:00:56 AM
The miner won't even load anyway. Copy-paste their sample code into a new HTML file and save it to a webhost; The Java applet will fail to load.

The miner is working just fine on my page at: http://www.crypto-radio.com
Activity: 900
Merit: 1000
Crypto Geek
December 13, 2012, 07:24:29 AM
on linux:

Code:
[2012-12-13 11:23:55] 2 miner threads started
[2012-12-13 11:23:56] Permission error
[2012-12-13 11:23:56] Miner stopped

so somehow I would have to give the java plugin extra permissions?

Same with chromium and firefox
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
December 08, 2012, 02:00:45 AM
December 03, 2012, 02:23:16 AM
Any way we can point it to mine at a different server address? With the pool being down due to DDoS it would be useful if I could point the miner to another pool that is still up. I had to disable the miner entirely because it was destroying load speed trying to call to a DDoS'd server for the miner script...
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
March 26, 2012, 08:41:28 AM
I agree, the footer is the best place.

We were testing it in our footer. But we did get a complaint it wasn't working with Chromium on Ubuntu.  We were only running it at 20% capacity as well to reduce chances of slow page loads. It's disabled currently.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
March 25, 2012, 11:29:06 AM
I did try this webminer on my websites and it was generating me LTC but it was also blocking some people from viewing my sites so had to take it off.
You might want to try putting the miner in the footer. That way the miner will start when the page finishes rendering and displaying.

I put it below the Google Analytics's code?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
March 25, 2012, 05:45:21 AM
I did try this webminer on my websites and it was generating me LTC but it was also blocking some people from viewing my sites so had to take it off.
You might want to try putting the miner in the footer. That way the miner will start when the page finishes rendering and displaying.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
March 24, 2012, 03:17:02 PM
Activity: 240
Don't mind me.
February 28, 2012, 06:35:51 PM
1.7.0_01 according to the verification website.
February 28, 2012, 06:33:03 PM
Hey, interested in Litecoin's web miner in particular, since I'm running one of Hexxeh's Lime builds of Chromium OS. (.5 seconds from Closed Laptop to Working Laptop, mostly.) Anyway, it does have a version of Java on it that it finicky with Java Web Start, but applets should work fine, which is why it's bothering me why it isn't working. Where would be a good jumping off point to find out where the holdup is, what can be done, and possibly porting the original C miner to the all-powerful Native Client, since Chrome has ties directly into hardware?

What version of Java is it?
Activity: 240
Don't mind me.
February 28, 2012, 06:29:01 PM
Hey, interested in Litecoin's web miner in particular, since I'm running one of Hexxeh's Lime builds of Chromium OS. (.5 seconds from Closed Laptop to Working Laptop, mostly.) Anyway, it does have a version of Java on it that it finicky with Java Web Start, but applets should work fine, which is why it's bothering me why it isn't working. Where would be a good jumping off point to find out where the holdup is, what can be done, and possibly figuring out how to port the original C miner to the all-powerful Native Client, since Chrome has ties directly into hardware?

PS: The version I'm using is from January, since the newer version doesn't play nice with my hardware, so if any of you guys are interested in making a boot stick, here is what I am using. It's an .img file, so burn that how you would.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24460824/ChromeOS-Lime-1563.0.2012_01_12_1649-r69628700.zip
http://chromeos.hexxeh.net/lime.php
Activity: 418
Merit: 253
January 27, 2012, 10:59:55 PM
I've added this to my site, i plan on implementing some php code to change the throttle based on user settings.  Most of the users are happily keeping their browsers open as a way to donate to the site's server costs.

Thank you for this, never got a chance to.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
December 22, 2011, 02:13:04 AM
Hm..  Not sure what's happening, but I think i'm falling in love with Litecoin all of a sudden.
December 03, 2011, 02:44:28 PM
For all those who wanted to play with the Javascript API but didn't know where to start:
I have written a simple widget that allows visitors to start/stop the miner, and uses a cookie to make the decision persistent.

http://jsfiddle.net/pooler/XB5Fg/

This is an opt-out version, i.e., the miner is auto-started by default. An opt-in version can easily be obtained by changing the condition in the "if" at the end of the code.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
December 01, 2011, 10:51:54 PM
The real scam here is advertisers that allow sound pop ups or even embedded flash ads, that have sound enabled by default, and don't give me a pop up warning, an email, an instant message, and a fax, before the sound is blasting through my speakers.  

Kano, your view of what a scam is skewed or you have some kind of personally history with technologies that have the ability to be good and bad, what is going on here man, where does this hard on for web mining come from?  You seem to be pestering the people who want to use it legitimately.  Is the fear someone uses a botnet and opens a thousand browser windows to mine or something?  That is the only worst case scenario I can think of, but honestly there may be more I am not, I am curious where your hate comes from.

Edit: In fairness, is it my view that is skewed where I believe that even knowing that it will be abused by somebody, there can be good to come from this?
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
December 01, 2011, 10:37:51 PM
Well "to not steal" my clans website has warning before you can acces forum. It says that user solely accepts that we can use their cpu for mining if they step in our forum. None forces them to join my forum and its their freedom to decide if they want. Luckily finnish law is great and its fair enought to infrom users before they access. So practically its not stealing... There are no free meals, everything cost something for someone.
Well then yes that's not scammer material ...
The problem will be though that when other people use your version it should ask them once somewhere before it can mine.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
December 01, 2011, 08:43:41 PM
I am still taken back that someone finally up and made this work again, I swear there was a time I had a stack of suggestions and things, but as I am not a coder I never knew how hard or easy it is to do.  I am thinking on a web site to design around this.  Things are working pretty smooth so far, the ability to tweak as many settings as you have made tweakable is already making this better than previous online miners imo.   
Pages:
Jump to: