Pages:
Author

Topic: LTC Wall Observer - BTC-e wall movement tracker - page 6. (Read 10899 times)

legendary
Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader
FAST EVERY ONE SELL SELL BEFORE IT DROPS MORE
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
Roller Coaster  Shocked

whats that steady line on the bottom left (Arbitrage ?)
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
You are a geek if you are too early to the party!
but in the long term, there is no reason it can't go to 1:1 - however, we are talking 5 years time! Wink
It has a good reason to never go to 1:1, LTC is 4x more abundant. So ? Do you know what is Litecoin ?

You are looking at this mathematically, not in business terms.

The fact that there are more or less of something is irrelevant to its value if someone has more confidence in one over the other.

If I have more confidence in Litecoin than Bitcoin, I will be willing to spend more money for one Litecoin than I would on one Bitcoin.

The fact that the 'correct' value for Bitcoin is higher than a Litecoin is your opinion based on the feature that there are less BITcoins, and you perceive no other differences in their features or benefits.

The general public are not so logical and might prefer Litecoin because it has a nice logo! Wink

legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
but in the long term, there is no reason it can't go to 1:1 - however, we are talking 5 years time! Wink
It has a good reason to never go to 1:1, LTC is 4x more abundant. So ? Do you know what is Litecoin ?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
You are a geek if you are too early to the party!
So is there a general agreement that LTC will reach $1 within the next few weeks?

I see that LTC is the Google of the crypto currency world with Bitcoin playing Yahoo.

But all this bickering should just be taken in fun - together they are both stronger.

In the long term, I see LTC at around 30% of the value of Bitcoin, due to the coin quantity differences, but in the long term, there is no reason it can't go to 1:1 - however, we are talking 5 years time! Wink

legendary
If there is place for one cryptocurrency, there is/will have place for other ones.

The main value of Litecoin is that :

* it has a different encryption algorithm

Really?  Are you saying the public key crypto is not ecdsa with the secp256k1 curve? What is it then?

I stand corrected.

The transaction encryption is different.

So it's a kind diversification against a potential 51% attack on Bitcoin, not brute force hacking.

Note: Litecoin may be the (only?) first to have trouble like this.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

I may have to get my a subscription.

Thanks for posting Liquid.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
legendary
Activity: 1441
Live and enjoy experiments
"They are trading at a ridiculous 70 cents USD which is hilarious for a currency that no one uses."

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/30/business-finance-investing/bitcoins-digital-currency-1011408/

i love how people do not do their homework. There are tons of things you can buy with LTC. All the naysayers keep talking down the LTC price please so we can buy more.  Cheesy

I think the quoted post was talking about bitcoin .... two years ago   Cheesy

lol yeah I realized that belatedly.

But if you think about it...how many people just on this forum alone ask that same question?
I was thinking about the same thing before clicking that link  Smiley 
legendary
"They are trading at a ridiculous 70 cents USD which is hilarious for a currency that no one uses."

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/30/business-finance-investing/bitcoins-digital-currency-1011408/

i love how people do not do their homework. There are tons of things you can buy with LTC. All the naysayers keep talking down the LTC price please so we can buy more.  Cheesy

lol yeah I realized that belatedly.

But if you think about it...how many people just on this forum alone ask that same question?
legendary
Activity: 1441
Live and enjoy experiments

legendary

Activity: 840

Activity: 166
Merit: 101
If there is place for one cryptocurrency, there is/will have place for other ones.

The main value of Litecoin is that :

* it has a different encryption algorithm

Really?  Are you saying the public key crypto is not ecdsa with the secp256k1 curve? What is it then?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Agree with the plausibility of the scenario, with the caveat that it represents an optimistic case.  So disagree on the likelihood, because black swans and unknown unknowns.

One positive development is BitFunder's new Litecoin ETF.

https://bitfunder.com/asset/CRYPTO.LTC

This may reduce dependence on BTC-e (which frequently suffers outages and NVC hater wrath) for LTC market making/price discovery/trading/liquidity.
legendary
FYI:

It hits 0.75$ during the last hour.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
So are you agreeing or disagreeing?

Because...

Litecoin will be half of that 20%, if it's lucky. 

is pretty much the same as...

LTC will have 1/10th of the popularity & use of Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Here is my thinking.
[hopes, dreams, wishes]

Bitcoin has first mover advantage so the network effect comes into play; you can do 1000 times more things with BTC than LTC.

When the cryptocoin economy is semi-mature (5-10 years from now) I foresee total altcoin market cap oscillating around 20% of BTC's.

Litecoin will be half of that 20%, if it's lucky. 

An instant exchange service ("AltInstant?") is needed to make Litecoin, etc. transactions transparent to vendors, or market penetration will continue to lag.

Still not a bad hedge, especially when Bitcoin has a bad hair day, chain fork, or great collapsing hrung disaster.

donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
FYI, gold/silver ratio is about 55/1 right now.
legendary
Here is my thinking.

As LTC is a good alternative to store crypto wealth due to the different encryption (smart use to diversify the assets).
If LTC is enough liquid to BTC but need more stable platform than the "mtgox" of LTC named BTC-e

LTC is 4 times more abundant than BTC. (84M vs 21M)
LTC will have 1/10th of the popularity & use of Bitcoin (It include the use of LTC as storage by BTC user so I think it's a conservative assumption)

Based on these assumptions LTC can have a realistic value of 1/40th of the BTC.

BTC is currently ~48$
Divided by 4 due to LTC abundance ~12$
Divided by 10 due to LTC use/popularity (long term view) ~1.2$

LTC will easily hit 1.2$ in the near future (and go beyond) before a stabilisation around that value. Then LTC will evolve with the Bitcoin value.
This ^ +1
Pages:
Jump to: