Pages:
Author

Topic: LTC Wall Observer - BTC-e wall movement tracker - page 7. (Read 10899 times)

legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
Here is my thinking.

As LTC is a good alternative to store crypto wealth due to the different encryption (smart use to diversify the assets).
If LTC is enough liquid to BTC, btw there is a need of a more stable platform than the "mtgox" of LTC named BTC-e.

LTC is 4 times more abundant than BTC. (84M vs 21M)
LTC will have 1/10th of the popularity & use of Bitcoin (It include the use of LTC as storage by BTC user so I think it's a conservative assumption)

Based on these assumptions LTC can have a realistic value of 1/40th of the BTC.

BTC is currently ~48$
Divided by 4 due to LTC abundance ~12$
Divided by 10 due to LTC use/popularity (long term view) ~1.2$

LTC will easily hit 1.2$ in the near future (and go beyond) before a stabilisation around that value. Then LTC will evolve with the Bitcoin value.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I was going to buy 10K worth of Litecoin when it was 25 cents, looks like I missed the boat not hopping on now in case it decides to pop.

Smart move.  Put in your skunk bid at the $0.07 support level and sit tight until

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I was going to buy 10K worth of Litecoin when it was 25 cents, looks like I missed the boat not hopping on now in case it decides to pop.
legendary

0.51$
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Knocking on the door to make another all time high...

Get ready to go UP.
Crypto Somnium
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Transactions are 4x faster for one.

For one? Anything else?...

Different Hashing algorithm from Bitcoin's SHA256.

This separates Bitcoin ASICs from mining on Litecoin chain. Basically it is a fork in the road for miners and their hardware. Some may run asics on bitcoin and GPUs on litecoin for months to come.

Some might go one way or the other. The difference soon will be that those buying ASIC devices can't just switch mining to litecoin from bitcoin. They are locked in with an ASIC.

the more distributed a currency the stronger it is both in acceptance and power

a few asic miners centralize the market, not so good, the asic miners maybe in the process of undercutting their own currency, by taking control of it all.

Also their needs to be a killer app to have decentralized exchanges agrigated p2p so getting in and out of fiat cannot be controlled by say gox and co at least until bitcoint can actually be used at the corner store

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Different Hashing algorithm from Bitcoin's SHA256.

This separates Bitcoin ASICs from mining on Litecoin chain. Basically it is a fork in the road for miners and their hardware. Some may run asics on bitcoin and GPUs on litecoin for months to come.

Some might go one way or the other. The difference soon will be that those buying ASIC devices can't just switch mining to litecoin from bitcoin. They are locked in with an ASIC.
Crypto Somnium
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
I think the biggest driver for bitcoin economy are miners, now many of them have gone ASIC and leave a large group of GPU miners to go for LTC, the effect will be very interesting to see  Smiley Smiley
vip
Activity: 571
Merit: 504
I still <3 u Satoshi

legendary
Can't be an early adopter with latecoin. I mean litecoin.

you can right now relative to btc
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
I put this in another thread as well, but it fits here also:

If LTC rises faster than BTC at this time, it's a Tulip bubble. Trust me on this. People aren't really thinking it through, the rise is not based on anything else than technicals. I looked at LTC recently to see if I should diversify my Bitcoin holdings, but I came to the conclusion that there is absolutely nothing to see there. Litecoin is used exactly for 1 thing, mining new litecoins to either sell them for bitcoins or dollars, or to hoard them (which is is highly questionable since it's a Tulip bubble).

Nothing else whatsoever is going on in the Litecoin economy. The technology itself does not have any significant advantages to Bitcoin, making it near impossible for Litecoin to even slightly challenge the network effect of Bitcoin. So, again, you might see LTC price rise temporarily at a higher rate than BTC, but there is nothing real going on. The whole LTC economy is based on people mining new LTC's, it's a dead end loop.

the tulipers calling the tulipers etc etc

LTC as I see it has one huge advantage, gpu miners, and gpu cards are going to outstrip ASIC miners in thier power and rate of production and mass distribution, so gpu will find a much broader base, already, the centralisation of ASICS is a bad thing IMHO

this may have bee a flaw in BTC system

but then....something better may come out and take over LTC

...!

Also alot of people want to be early adopters so may just cash out of BTC to LTC so they can be and in the process it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.....

one has to see the amusing aspects of how bitcoin cheerleaders bash other alt coins without really thinking through their arguments.
Sure some alt coins were pretty silly but litecoin seems to have the best chance at this moment in time.

i agree with gpu users being a much broader base but I do not understand the power aspect of it. you are comparing apples to oranges
when it comes to how each coin user's mine/algorithms. But in the end, dedicated asics, at least short to medium turn, puts all the
mining power into very few people's hands compared to today.

i for one, when I can no longer mine bitcoin with gpu, will probably just stop using bitcoin and move to something else where I do not
have to order asic gear from sketchy startup companies who are run by very odd people. The only reason I might still use btc at that
point is to sell an alt coin for btc to more easily sell it for usd. But that could change. I cannot possibly be the only one researching this.

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006
Can't be an early adopter with latecoin. I mean litecoin.

legendary
I put this in another thread as well, but it fits here also:

If LTC rises faster than BTC at this time, it's a Tulip bubble. Trust me on this. People aren't really thinking it through, the rise is not based on anything else than technicals. I looked at LTC recently to see if I should diversify my Bitcoin holdings, but I came to the conclusion that there is absolutely nothing to see there. Litecoin is used exactly for 1 thing, mining new litecoins to either sell them for bitcoins or dollars, or to hoard them (which is is highly questionable since it's a Tulip bubble).

Nothing else whatsoever is going on in the Litecoin economy. The technology itself does not have any significant advantages to Bitcoin, making it near impossible for Litecoin to even slightly challenge the network effect of Bitcoin. So, again, you might see LTC price rise temporarily at a higher rate than BTC, but there is nothing real going on. The whole LTC economy is based on people mining new LTC's, it's a dead end loop.

the tulipers calling the tulipers etc etc

LTC as I see it has one huge advantage, gpu miners, and gpu cards are going to outstrip ASIC miners in thier power and rate of production and mass distribution, so gpu will find a much broader base, already, the centralisation of ASICS is a bad thing IMHO

this may have bee a flaw in BTC system

but then....something better may come out and take over LTC

...!

Also alot of people want to be early adopters so may just cash out of BTC to LTC so they can be and in the process it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.....

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
My old laptops come back to life! Mining with 12 K hash/s, lawl.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067
 Grin http://forum.litecoin.net/ is only a tab away
Pages:
Jump to: