Pages:
Author

Topic: margin terminal - over 25 spot and futures exchanges! Bots and more - page 18. (Read 268547 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008
Market scanner

To add click on the top leftmost button (3 horizontal lines) and add a new Tool Window. Then click + in the tool window and add a market scanner. You can filter based on best and worst performing coins over the last 1, 6, 12 or 24 hours.  You can also change the base currency and view the top market cap coins and filter so that only coins available on your open exchanges are shown. Double click a coin to auto open it in the chart and start trading!  

legendary
View based profit and loss

To add this just click on the indicator icon (little flag) at the top of the chart. Once added, hovering the indicator (top right of the chart) reveals all the details about the current view. What profit or loss did you make? It calculates the overlap of the visible trades and presents you with both relative % gains or losses and absolute gains or losses in the given currency pair.  

Nice one Johnathon!
That has been a long time comming, i saw the great news about licencing, very happy about it, gonna fire up margin again, and get it trading. Smiley
good on ya team

Nice one Dan.

Glad we made you happy Smiley
legendary
Hey Hacky,

Thanks for the reporting.

We will look into it!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

I was finally able to find an additional case where margin tends to crash, not depending to a specific market/api.

When orders get closed while trying to adapt it in a hurry, margin seems to really not like that and just crashes. Happened most of the time on the poloniex api but seems not to happen only there.

Besides that, margin seems to be pretty stable over some days uptime. Wink It just eats a lot of memory over time, but mkay, usually i have binance, bitfinex, bittrex, hitbtc, kraken and poloniex open with lots of pairs... Somewhere need all these data to be stored  Cool

Regards,

hacky

Hey Hacky,

Thanks for reporting this.

Can you expand a little on this description

"When orders get closed while trying to adapt it in a hurry, margin seems to really not like that and just crashes. Happened most of the time on the poloniex api but seems not to happen only there."

so that I can reproduce it?

Thanks,
Jonathan
copper member
Activity: 282
Merit: 111
Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.
I have a feature request.

I would like to adjust the time a desktop notification popup stays on the screen, maybe even disable the timeout at all to have the notification on the screen until i close it.

Additionally, it would be nice to have notification popups even when margin is the foremost and active/focused window. Sometimes i miss notifications because they happen on a different exchange than the actual visible one. Or for some other unknown reason margin just don't give a notification at all sadly..

Hacky
copper member
Hey Hacky,

We will look into it!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

I was finally able to find an additional case where margin tends to crash, not depending to a specific market/api.

When orders get closed while trying to adapt it in a hurry, margin seems to really not like that and just crashes. Happened most of the time on the poloniex api but seems not to happen only there.

Besides that, margin seems to be pretty stable over some days uptime. Wink It just eats a lot of memory over time, but mkay, usually i have binance, bitfinex, bittrex, hitbtc, kraken and poloniex open with lots of pairs... Somewhere need all these data to be stored  Cool

Regards,

hacky
Activity: 432
Merit: 250

To add this just click on the indicator icon (little flag) at the top of the chart. Once added, hovering the indicator (top right of the chart) reveals all the details about the current view. What profit or loss did you make? It calculates the overlap of the visible trades and presents you with both relative % gains or losses and absolute gains or losses in the given currency pair.  

Nice one Johnathon!
That has been a long time comming, i saw the great news about licencing, very happy about it, gonna fire up margin again, and get it trading. Smiley
good on ya team
Activity: 253
Merit: 4
Welcome to the weekend!  Cheesy

For those of you that understand Bollinger Band, this may give you more than a faint quiver of excitement.  Grin

CTShaman
legendary

legendary
Hi team!
Any plans for adding Bitmex exchange? 

Best Regards.
Selcuk.

As Bitmex is mostly used for leveraged trading, we have thus far not added it. We have leveraged trading on Poloniex, but not for the bots. Therefore to add it and allow the bots trade on it is a big chunk of work that we just haven't got around to yet.

We will though at some point.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Jonathan
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hi team!
Any plans for adding Bitmex exchange? 

Best Regards.
Selcuk.
legendary
Hey Hacky,

We will look into it!

Best wishes,
Jonathan
copper member
Really glad to re-introduce Huobi to our offering...                

By the way .. it seem that i discovered 2 small bugs in margin.

The first one is no problem but just annoying.

In the login dialog for any exchange, if one copy and paste the API Key and Secret from some source where the actual strings include a carriage return (CR) (byte), a click on the Login button just does nothing.
It gets deactivated/grayed out, as if margin will start to open that particular exchange, but nothing happens at all but it just stays that way virtually forever. Closing the login dialog and re-opening it works w/o issue and even any already opened exchange keeps alive and accessible.
It's no real problem but maybe worth a look.

The next bug is sadly more serious.

On Poloniex while having some few pairs open and starting to drag&drop around orders, it can happen that margin just crashes and need to be restarted. I observed this behavior when i try to adapt 2 separate orders on the same chart or cancel one and adapt another one. It seems like one should only adapt/cancel one order at a time until this process is done, where you can start with the next order.

I did not test if that might collide with automatic bot actions or with different orders from different charts, because it just costs to much time i then need having the market open.

I even can not confirm yet, that this problem exists on other exchange APIs, while still having strange random crashes in a margin instance where i have binance, bitfinex and hitbtc open.

It's a little bit annoying so i hope you will look at this. Wink

Regards,

hacky
copper member
Beware of LONG trades on Bittrex, they are closing trades over 60 days. You get to keep the coin but they won't keep it open forever like other exchanges where I still have trades open since June.

Their documentation says 28 days. Small minds..

ref.
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003004171-What-are-my-trade-limits

CTShaman

Heh well .. i know that really good .. i had a good part of my portfolio over there and it was one of my personal top exchanges overall .. mainly because they have dogecoin. Wink

But after they changed their terms of use, set up a time-limit for their orders and restricted the API i moved over to other grounds....

But well .. now with margin there is at least a chance that things might get better and more interesting again.

Right now i have binance, bitfinex, hitbtc, kraken and poloniex up and running. I hope i can get coinbase(pro?), huobi.pro and bittrex back on my screen soon..... If my portfolio might have grown enough to split over to these exchanges too.. Wink

I'm mostly prepared for the hopefully upcoming december rallies..... And curious what it will be this year. Wink

Regards,

hacky
legendary
Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001
NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕
Well last weeks I running margin 1.1.4 with two exchanges hitbtc and binance on ubuntu 16.04 server I had one issue that the trading info on binance different than on margin app such as coin/amount/price. then I was upgrade to margin 2.0 its running smoothly with same issue but since yesterday its freez and crush and evry time I re-run it's working fine with hitbtc only but when I try to add binance get crushing.

The issue you have with finance might be to do with the nonce. They use a different method for calculating it that requires your system clock to keep perfect time.

We have an article about it called "I continue to get an error my Binance Secret is registered but margin will not connect to the exchange" here: https://margin.de/resources/help-center

Could that be the issue?

If not, please collect the log and send us a mail at [email protected]

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thanks for reply. it's not that issue as I using x2go on debian9 laptop to contact the server, so I don't use windows at all.

Ok, but the time issue is not a windows issue. It's a system time issue. Please ensure that your system time is kept correct and doesn't drift.

Thanks
Jonathan

Today I started Margin application and it works in a natural way. I think the problem is due to problems in some of the Binance site 's function many days ago.
Activity: 253
Merit: 4
Beware of LONG trades on Bittrex, they are closing trades over 60 days. You get to keep the coin but they won't keep it open forever like other exchanges where I still have trades open since June.

Their documentation says 28 days. Small minds..

ref.
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003004171-What-are-my-trade-limits

CTShaman
copper member
I finally got a answer from bittrex support after the ticket was escalated to the API team.

Hi hackbyte,

Please try to keep your API calls limited to 1 public call per second and 1 private call per second.

Please see our documentation below on API.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003723911-Developer-s-Guide-API

The Bittrex websocket documentation can be found on GitHub at this URL: https://github.com/Bittrex/bittrex.github.io. Please make sure you have fail back mechanisms to the v1.1 API in the event the websocket is not available.

The Bittrex Support Team can only provide basic support for the API.

For additional API assistance at your request you can be invited to a community channel #api-developers on the Bittrex slack where you may be able to find answers to more complicated API requests. If you would like to be invited to the Bittrex Slack please let us know.

Hi [email protected],

Please try to keep your API calls limited to 1 public call per second and 1 private call per second.

Sounds like i should wait a bit before i just try to open bittrex API again?

HTH,

hacky Wink
copper member
Looks nice product.What daily, weekly,monthly ROI we can expect from this bot?

It heavily depends on the markets, pairs and how you set up a bot.

But, no there is no full auto pilot which simply makes you rich, you still need to know what you do and consider any risk carefully....

Just download the demo and try it. Wink

Hacky
copper member
Hmm.. i wonder what is the issue with the Kraken API.

Is it only for me so painfully slow that creating and or adapting an order takes up to 100 to 180 seconds to be done?

I had slight hope that mArgin might work better on this but sadly, it makes no difference.

Has anone here a different experience?

Regards,

hacky

Kraken is by far the slowest API we connect to. There are some optimisations we are implementing to make it faster for an upcoming release...

Ah ... yeah i'm happy to hear that... Wink

And seeing that huobi.pro will come back is nice too....

Now, i only wait to hear from bittrex what it is about their api... Have a support ticket open with them.

Having margin working on all exchanges in the next three months will be a _huge_ advantage. Wink

Regards,

hacky

Activity: 186
Merit: 11
Looks nice product.What daily, weekly,monthly ROI we can expect from this bot?
legendary
Really glad to re-introduce Huobi to our offering...                

Pages:
Jump to: