Pages:
Author

Topic: Marriage vs. Divorce - page 4. (Read 796 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 18, 2018, 11:44:29 AM
Marriage is a sacred union between man and woman who are deeply in love with each other. But what if you come to a point that you are no longer happy with your marriage, or you feel that your love gets weaker after several years due to infidelity of your partner, or being irresponsible of his/her obligations? Would you file for a divorce or will you hold on to your marriage not because you love your partner but because it's your commitment? Just wanted to know your opinion. Thank you!

Divorce is just formality by law. In today's society, married couples take their separate ways with or without divorce. The sanctity of marriage isn't given as much importance as before. Sadly, people take these thinga lightly.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
April 18, 2018, 11:38:35 AM

If there is no more love in the relationship it's just stupid to stay together.

That's a fair point, but with that mindset - marriage is not for you. Why would you get married and pledge your life-long commitment ("for good and bad... until death do us part") if all you really mean is "until I'm 100% satisfied".

The idea behind marriage is (was?) to start a family. The person you married becomes your closest family, and you don't abandon/replace your family even when things get rough, you work it through. Can you imagine anyone abandoning their child or mother because 'things weren't very great between us lately'?

But sadly, that only worked when divorces were rare and socially unacceptable. You simply had no other way but to make things work and fix your relationship. Currently, when things go bad, the first thought is "am I better off alone?" or "would I be happier with someone else?".

Relationship dynamics are a motherfucker. With loose social/religious norms it's hard to pull off a lifelong relationships, unless both parties got it figured out and know exactly what they want. That's why marriage rates are higher (and divorce rates lower) in the upper class, when people tend to be more intelligent.

In short: Don't get married if you're not ready to commit 100%.

Activity: 117
Merit: 0
April 18, 2018, 11:26:37 AM
In marriage life trust is the most important thing to build strong relationship,without trust your marriage life well not exist ,divorce well happen if your marriage life well not  be able to rebuild again from mistake,but depend upon to situation,because some partner will be arrogant to doing divorce despite well have also mistake to each other,and when it happen,some children will also supper to their emotional aspect,so that as a parent you must consider the following aspect,
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
April 18, 2018, 11:17:30 AM
Marriage is a sacred union between man and woman who are deeply in love with each other. But what if you come to a point that you are no longer happy with your marriage, or you feel that your love gets weaker after several years due to infidelity of your partner, or being irresponsible of his/her obligations? Would you file for a divorce or will you hold on to your marriage not because you love your partner but because it's your commitment? Just wanted to know your opinion. Thank you!
my opinion is i'm going to file a divorce. because i need to be happy in a sense of my partner is being  responsible to obligations. every body wants to be happy and finding some one who is responsible and valuing relationship. 
Activity: 238
Merit: 12
I was quet but i was not blind
April 18, 2018, 11:09:51 AM
Well, you must understand each other very well Or there are problems encountered because there is not much about each other,My friend, he only watched the wife's looks and got married, and now they are separated.
Activity: 86
Merit: 26
April 18, 2018, 08:51:20 AM

If there is no more love in the relationship it's just stupid to stay together.

If one partner in a relationship is not happy anymore, the other partner will also feel it and will also become unhappy.
If you stay together just for any artificial reason like 'it's sacred' or 'we committed long time ago' you will just make everybody involved unhappy.

So, if there is no chance anymore to save the relationship, quit it. It will help you and your partner in the long turn.

Don't waste time with the wrong partner. And if the partner is right or wrong can change over time as people also change over time.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
April 18, 2018, 08:19:57 AM
Pages:
Jump to: