Author

Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion - page 195. (Read 647054 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
June 04, 2017, 06:02:16 PM

To re-iterate my own position, I am in BTC as a speculation, and all else I hold is for capital preservation (or with luck, growth).

Gold is an important part of my holdings, and likely always will be.

Yet I respect what Armstrong writes.  If gold does go way down (soon-ish), no problem. It WILL go up big as .gov starts its fits of hyper-control and eventual failure.

That little birdie is one sharp observer.  May he grace us someday in freedom...
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
June 04, 2017, 02:25:25 PM
from our favorite birdie

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-civil-unrest-war/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/how-does-gold-respond-with-war-for-real-why-it-should-be-part-of-a-portfolio/

As the short dollar vortex drives a stampede of international capital flows into the dollar likely 2018ish, gold will continue to rally in Euros but decline to make a double-bottom at $1050 (or lower). When the short dollar vortex peaks and the USA falls over the cliff, then gold might rally in USD but the problem is that will be the time for a monetary reset and such intense totalitarianism capital controls that gold will be essentially useless and illiquid. If we instead went all the way into Mad Max wherein TPTB lose control, then only food is liquid money. Either way, those buying gold and expect outsized gains relative to USD, are likely to be very disappointed relative to Bitcoin which is likely to exceed $50,000. Gold might be priced at $5000 then, but only for those who are compliant with capital controls, which means all of you will be selling it in black markets at 50% discount thus only $2500 (or perhaps even less if TPTB have very good control over black markets which they should in this new electronic age where paper cash will be phased out). I warned you all about this 7 years ago (and repeated it incessantly since), but you tinfoil hats never listen. The perceived surety of gold is an illusion designed to teach those who refuse to understand the Proverbs in the Bible, which instruct you to never rely on surety, and the parable of the talents where the Lord punishes those who bury the talents in the ground, where the Bible says plant a whole acre not invest only for yourself, and finally where the Bible says in numerous places that your wealth will grow wings and fly away.

Warren Buffet has explained in great detail why only idiots stack a lot of gold.

Regarding the exchanges, my Bitnet project is going to solve that problem.

Quote from: sloanf on June 02, 2017, 01:06:50 PM
Martin The Charlatan Armstrong flip-flops again. Just a couple of weeks ago he, in desperation to sell his empty conference, wrote about a big correction in the dow till 2018 (which was in turn another flip-flop from yet another flip-flop etc). Now as everyone sees his usual failure he says the Dow will go up. If you thought he could not fall any lower, guess what? He now openly tells you that he does his bs forecasts by drawing lines on a chart. Whatever happened to his non-existing supercomputer, AI crap and capital flow model which collects data from all over the world in real-time mode?

Again, Martin Armstrong is just an uneducated con artist, bullshitter and a cheap salesman, completely ignorant, delusional and broke. Anyone here still buy his supercomputer-ECM-AI-Socrates-etc bs?

@r0ach lies because he does not have a paid account and thus is not aware of Armstrong's reasoning reserved for paid subscribers. Armstrong is pointing out the possibilities, and @roach is conflating short-term possibilities with long-term predictions. Armstrong has not been incorrect on the long-term themes. Some idiots will cherry pick words out-of-context to try to mislead readers on Armstrong's past performance, but that is what idiots do and idiot readers believe. The majority must always be wrong and @r0ach has been getting progressively poorer ever since he doubled-down on stupid to defend his pride as he sold most all of his crypto when BTC was $700 and bought the worst possible investment of silver. Hahaha. What a fool.

Quote from: r0ach on June 02, 2017, 08:07:44 PM
Just like he will soon flip flop on metals and his claims gold is going "below $1000" LOL:

Quote from: r0ach on June 02, 2017, 08:00:55 PM
Have no fear, the wedge on real money (silver) is about to break upwards.  The banks naked short metals down to barely above cost of production, but it's already so close to cost of production it doesn't really have anywhere to go but up:

Of course, anything is possible and they could naked short it some more just for the hell of it, but it would create scarcity from going below cost of production and fuel an even larger rise.  So it's a good medium/long term hold no matter what they do.

A symmetric wedge is usually a continuation pattern. Silver will likely break down out of that wedge and deservingly embarrass the fuck out of @r0ach and impoverishing him.

Armstrong has not ever flipped on the $1050 (or below) theme. He has stated to paid subscribers that gold is in a deadcat bounce and we still are awaiting the blast off of the strong dollar vortex. He has stated that although it is possible that gold is preparing to liftoff but it would have to exceed $1363 on a monthly closing basis to eliminate the $1050 scenario, and to paid subscribers he has clarified that the most likely outcome is still that gold will do a slingshot with a decline first to fake everyone out and because of the strong dollar vortex stampede likely coming.
legendary
June 03, 2017, 12:37:43 AM
Cryptocurrency is a giant rat trap designed to ensnare your money and prevent you from being able to access it.  Every single one of these exchanges is like this now, and since Bitcoin is not the unit of account of anything, it's value is entirely derived from it's ability to convert to fiat:

There are a number of risks in Bitcoin, many of which I do not understand, and likely other risks that NO ONE understands.  The exchanges seem to be a huge risk.  I hold just enough in my blockchain.info wallet for trx (like occasional Au and Pt purchases), but the rest in hardware wallets.  Even there, there are risks.

Gold is simple.  It just sits there, it endures (does not corrode).  It even likes the dark hidey-holes...   Smiley

And, there is always someone around who will take your gold as payment.  You may have to look a bit, but anywhere you go, someone will accept your gold.

I look at BTC as a great speculation.  So far, so good.  If it goes to, say, $3500 (who knows?), then I'll cash more in for gold.   $5000?  Cash in some more.

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
June 02, 2017, 09:25:17 PM
Cryptocurrency is a giant rat trap designed to ensnare your money and prevent you from being able to access it.  Every single one of these exchanges is like this now, and since Bitcoin is not the unit of account of anything, it's value is entirely derived from it's ability to convert to fiat:

Except when dexs come your entire argument defeated
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
June 02, 2017, 08:31:33 PM
Cryptocurrency is a giant rat trap designed to ensnare your money and prevent you from being able to access it.  Every single one of these exchanges is like this now, and since Bitcoin is not the unit of account of anything, it's value is entirely derived from it's ability to convert to fiat:

legendary
June 02, 2017, 08:07:44 PM
Martin The Charlatan Armstrong flip-flops again.

Just like he will soon flip flop on metals and his claims gold is going "below $1000" LOL:

Have no fear, the wedge on real money (silver) is about to break upwards.  The banks naked short metals down to barely above cost of production, but it's already so close to cost of production it doesn't really have anywhere to go but up:

Of course, anything is possible and they could naked short it some more just for the hell of it, but it would create scarcity from going below cost of production and fuel an even larger rise.  So it's a good medium/long term hold no matter what they do.
legendary
June 02, 2017, 02:38:46 PM
Martin The Charlatan Armstrong flip-flops again. Just a couple of weeks ago he, in desperation to sell his empty conference, wrote about a big correction in the dow till 2018 (which was in turn another flip-flop from yet another flip-flop etc). Now as everyone sees his usual failure he says the Dow will go up. If you thought he could not fall any lower, guess what? He now openly tells you that he does his bs forecasts by drawing lines on a chart. Whatever happened to his non-existing supercomputer, AI crap and capital flow model which collects data from all over the world in real-time mode?

Again, Martin Armstrong is just an uneducated con artist, bullshitter and a cheap salesman, completely ignorant, delusional and broke. Anyone here still buy his supercomputer-ECM-AI-Socrates-etc bs? 
No stop reading his crap
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
June 02, 2017, 01:06:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
May 31, 2017, 08:38:32 PM
found this post from a little birdie:

The key theme is that the Left only knows how to parasite on the productive sector. The productive sector will try to assert sovereignty and the Left will go bezerk trying to force the oppression so they can continue to be funded with redistribution of other people’s money. That is what will cause the civil war. The Left is complicit with the permanent government (aka DEEP STATE) and mass media. They are ideologically committed and will be induced to vigorously support the coming civil war. The economy must crash first to set off the fireworks. I know it sounds crazy, but this is the reality coming. And btw, this is why physical gold will not work out well, because the governments are going to cut off all the domestic markets for it, blockade its transfer, and confiscate. If there are any conservative jurisdictions where open trade is protected (e.g. breakaway States or counties), they will choose to use crypto-currency and not gold, because it is much more efficient and efficiency will be a necessity as they are fighting a war. Maybe if you have your gold stored in Asia, you might be okay but even so the controls are becoming tighter. I have warned you all many times not to be overweight in precious metals. The illusion of safety in precious metals, is precisely an illusion.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/europes-current-economy/catalonia-to-separate-from-spain/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/civil-unrest/if-you-want-to-know-why-civil-war-is-possible-just-look-at-this/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/products_services/products/2017-cycle-of-war-civil-unrest-revolutions-now-available/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/press/will-the-next-revolution-include-the-press-and-journalists-as-part-of-the-corruption/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/sovereign-debt-crisis/when-does-buying-govt-bonds-support-corrupt-governments/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/taxes/beware-the-muni-bond-bubble/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/pension-crisis/details-on-pension-crisis/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/politics/the-plot-to-overthrow-trump-is-very-real/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/interest-rates/interest-rate-up-bond-up/
R
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
May 29, 2017, 11:43:19 PM
pinched from the blog :

Believe it or not, I was at a family gathering and some were talking about the Triple Crown and said no one has won since 1978. I did the wave math in my head and said this year the horse will win. I do not follow horses. They just looked at me and asked you can forecast that too. I said this is the year. Pharoah won.

What was the math? The first wave group was 11, 5 and 2, 1919, 1930, 1935 and 1937 completing 18 years or (17.2). Then there was the typical 3 reaction followed by breaks of increments of 2 completing 11 bringing it 1948. Then we have a 25 year separation until 1973 (25.Cool. Then the next reaction phase of 3 and 2 years bringing us to 1978. So why now? The next build up would be 37.33 (8.6 * 4.3). Hence the pattern 17.2, 25.8, and 37.33. Groups forming in alignment with 8.6.

Just a footnote to curiosity.

PS: I didn’t bet. It would not be fair to take their money.

He completed the calculation and in fact he can take away the money and become richer if he bet with it. However i like it how he thinks that it would be an unethical thing for him to do(which for me is not because he did the calculation and was able to solve it)
legendary
May 29, 2017, 11:37:32 PM
Can Print paper money
Can produce Bitcoins
Can't manufacture Gold/Silver
Dont know much supply exists for metals.. astroids might increase supply. Bitcoin has 21 million max

Asteroids may indeed have a lot of precious metals (especially my favorite one: iridium).  But the real question is how much it would cost to extract and transport back here to use them.

There is no known energy efficient process (not even within an order of magnitude) for producing gold & silver out of anything beyond ores and recycling.

Bitcoin has huge risks the further into the future you look.  The system might be cracked (note that very little is "impossible", Fermat's Last Theorem was finally solved a few years ago).  A better "Alt" may come along.  .gov may find a way to block the entrance and exit ramps into the Bitcoin Ecosystem.  Other government intervention.  Bitcoin Forks......

100% agreed, however the thought of further expansion of supply would limit growth for demand. The risk of bitcoin not working (going to zero) is far less than gold shooting moon and not looking back while bitcoin goes to zero. Might be good to hold some allocation in gold but not as much as bitcoin imo at this stage unless your dealing with billions then gold still provides liquidity necessary for that size of a trade.
legendary
May 29, 2017, 11:25:36 PM
Can Print paper money
Can produce Bitcoins
Dont know much supply exists for metals.. astroids might increase supply. Bitcoin has 21 million max

Asteroids may indeed have a lot of precious metals (especially my favorite one: iridium).  But the real question is how much it would cost to extract and transport back here to use them.

There is no known energy efficient process (not even within an order of magnitude) for producing gold & silver out of anything beyond ores and recycling.

Bitcoin has huge risks the further into the future you look.  The system might be cracked (note that very little is "impossible", Fermat's Last Theorem was finally solved a few years ago).  A better "Alt" may come along.  .gov may find a way to block the entrance and exit ramps into the Bitcoin Ecosystem.  Other government intervention.  Bitcoin Forks......

legendary
May 29, 2017, 10:35:33 PM
Can Print paper money
Can produce Bitcoins
Activity: 158
Merit: 16
May 29, 2017, 10:32:10 PM
Can Print paper money
Can produce Bitcoins
legendary
May 29, 2017, 08:42:56 PM
The bars stored in the basement of the fed are not fungible. The exact deposited bars are withdrawn and thus unlike any other bars. Extrapolate this to all of the bars during repatriation and you will see why gold bars are not fungible.

LOL, yes, it's so unfortunate that gold and silver - which required two neutron stars colliding to create - are not malleable and are instantly destroyed by a puny human attempting to alter their bar state...oh wait.
Yes tell that to the feds and central bankers.. the reason bitcoin was born. Oh wait...
legendary
May 29, 2017, 08:23:44 PM
The bars stored in the basement of the fed are not fungible. The exact deposited bars are withdrawn and thus unlike any other bars. Extrapolate this to all of the bars during repatriation and you will see why gold bars are not fungible.

LOL, yes, it's so unfortunate that gold and silver - which required two neutron stars colliding to create - are not malleable and are instantly destroyed by a puny human attempting to alter their bar state...oh wait.
legendary
May 29, 2017, 08:21:14 PM
legendary
May 29, 2017, 08:11:21 PM
Not true ive explained to you how gold is not fungible.

legendary
May 29, 2017, 08:03:40 PM
Gold is simply not fungible because of this.

Please stop lying.  Gold and silver are fungible, bitcoin is not.

Not true ive explained to you how gold is not fungible. With CT bitcoin becomes fungible without shuffling services
legendary
May 29, 2017, 07:12:43 PM
Gold is simply not fungible because of this.

Please stop lying.  Gold and silver are fungible, bitcoin is not.
Jump to: