Author

Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion - page 369. (Read 646767 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
July 24, 2015, 01:09:17 PM
[1] the reason I say that is because the Euro is preparing to gap down starting roughly in September or October. Or you short the Euro. I didn't run the numbers on that. I had BTC and needed to make a decision on my BTC. I don't have a brokerage account any more.

Go to stockcharts.com and run a 1 year chart on $EURUSD, then $GOLD, then $BRENT. Then go run a 1 year chart of BTC.

You see all dumped at the same time starting in August 2014.  All these assets are correlated at this time.

Kiss

Good point. I still stand on my thesis though Smiley

In the meanwhile I stumbled upon this article from Armstrong:

China Moving Closer to Taking the Yuan International
Posted on July 24, 2015 by Martin Armstrong
Shanghai-2

China’s move to create a yuan based contract for gold was portrayed by the gold promoters cheering this as their savior, but for all the hype, the mere fact that gold will trade in yuan was neither bullish for gold nor any means of displacing the dollar. What this development does is effectively provide a way to hedge the yuan, for playing a yuan contract on the same commodity expressed in dollars is a de facto currency futures contract. You can buy in dollars and sell in yuan if you are bearish in the yuan or vice versa. As long as it is the same underlying commodity then the net difference becomes a way of just trading the currency.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/34314
Activity: 420
Merit: 257
July 24, 2015, 01:05:36 PM
China is reverting to credit stimulus after attempts to engineer a stock market boom failed horribly. The day of reckoning is delayed again

It is too late. CONFIDENCE has been broken and the Chinese are moving short. The Minsky Moment is here.

When the government bans short selling, you know CONFIDENCE is gone. The shorts will pile on using proxies.

The government made it worse by pumping up bubbles, so now being short is much more profitable than being long by any probability. The Chinese are like dogs who can smell which way the leverage blows.
July 24, 2015, 12:58:01 PM
[1] the reason I say that is because the Euro is preparing to gap down starting roughly in September or October. Or you short the Euro. I didn't run the numbers on that. I had BTC and needed to make a decision on my BTC. I don't have a brokerage account any more.

Go to stockcharts.com and run a 1 year chart on $EURUSD, then $GOLD, then $BRENT. Then go run a 1 year chart of BTC.

You see all dumped at the same time starting in August 2014.  All these assets are correlated at this time.

Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
July 24, 2015, 12:09:44 PM
^^Surely hope you're not targeting me Tongue

Capital exodus from China reaches $800bn as crisis deepens
China is reverting to credit stimulus after attempts to engineer a stock market boom failed horribly. The day of reckoning is delayed again

China is engineering yet another mini-boom. Credit is picking up again. The Communist Party has helpfully outlawed falling equity prices.
Economic growth will almost certainly accelerate over the next few months, giving global commodity markets a brief reprieve.
Yet the underlying picture in China is going from bad to worse. Robin Brooks at Goldman Sachs estimates that capital outflows topped $224bn in the second quarter, a level "beyond anything seen historically".

The Chinese central bank (PBOC) is being forced to run down the country's foreign reserves to defend the yuan. This intervention is becoming chronic. The volume is rising. Mr Brooks calculates that the authorities sold $48bn of bonds between March and June.
Charles Dumas at Lombard Street Research says capital outflows - when will we start calling it capital flight? - have reached $800bn over the past year. These are frighteningly large sums of money.

Interesting article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11756858/Capital-exodus-from-China-reaches-800bn-as-crisis-deepens.html
July 24, 2015, 11:57:21 AM
It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Some people here will eat their words as usual.

We may get another bounce up for a double-top at $320 ($315 realizable trade)?

By borrowing BTC and selling on bitfinex. The leverage you can get is dependent on how much % over your selling price you want to hold a reserve to prevent a margin call.

I almost did it, but decided I have better upside in what I am working on. So it wasn't worth the risk to me (not only unexpected volatility to the upside, also bitfinex solvency or the market price moving faster than bitfinex can execute margin calls), but in your case depending how desperate you are, it might be worth the risk if we bounce up again before declining.

I am fairly certain we will decline, but I can't be sure we won't see prices above $320 and below $400 before going down. Above $400, I would declare myself incorrect and eat the losses.

Some people said you can trade on bitfinex and even sell for $usd without doing KYC as long as you don't withdraw fiat. I didn't want to risk that, because it appears it is a discretionary policy.
July 24, 2015, 09:34:47 AM
I am reasonably confident all Bitcoin will be expropriated ex post facto (past, present, and future trades all recorded for later analysis by the G20).

Do readers remain in their fantasy world?

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35308

Well if you ever needed PROOF that gold is not money but rather simply an asset class, all we need do is look at what governments are doing. They are hunting for anything of value. We are likely going to see a migration of assets from Europe to the USA as took place prior and during World War I and World War II. Even Germany is now altering laws under the pretense that they are suddenly concerned about protecting cultural heritage. Under the pretense of updating legislation on the Protection of Cultural Heritage (Cultural Property Protection Act), they are targeting collectors RETROACTIVELY.

Germany’s new proposed legislation is radical and highly destructive. It is going much further than FDR’s confiscation of gold.

July 24, 2015, 08:17:30 AM
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
July 24, 2015, 03:41:50 AM
Interesting point Armstrong makes in a recent interview - the debt holders during the great depression were the banks and the wealthy, and many were subsequently wiped out with the sovereign defaults at the time (see US banking holiday and failure of thousands of banks). This time around it's pension funds who hold a large portion of debt, so if there is another round of sovereign debt defaults, people will realise that the 'work all your life to save for your retirement' mantra has been a fraud and their retirement money has evaporated. Then then there will be riots in the streets.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
July 23, 2015, 07:11:20 PM
personally i believe this is the extreme oversold price we are at today... and it is a buying period RIGHT now. It hit my target and started to range... now just waiting for LTC to give the clear.. LTC represents ALTs as I believe most good ALTS shoudl rise this time with BTC

Oversold relative to what?

Relative to the egregiously overbought $1000 price (where the insiders cashed out with 10,000% gains, leaving the fools holding the bag as usual) when shorting wasn't possible and Bitcoin was plastered on every mass media front page because TPTB want to move us to digital money and eliminate cash.

Oversold can be measured by the despair amongst those who bought Bitcoin in 2013 and later. Once they hate Bitcoin and never want to buy it again, then it will be oversold (so the insiders can reacquire positions for the next greater fool bull run).

Speculative investing is all about CONFIDENCE. Measure everything relative to that.

An expert investor is cold as stone when he speaks. No emotion. No BS. Just the reality of investing.

Based on the fact that many people gave up on btc.. infact in my office many people who got interested in btc and wanted to buy a few scoffed at it at current prices.. makes me think its ripe to turn around.. my TA pointed to the prices for targets and the HERD mentality once it got there confirmed my call.
Activity: 723
July 23, 2015, 06:54:11 PM
Macgsa provided convincingly probabilistic evidence. I linked to it. You replied to the reply about it. Why can't you read it? The odds of him being wrong are akin to winning the lottery, unless we've missed something in the analysis.

I read it. I just wanted your personal demonstration or some exemples you had in mind as I value your insight a lot.

I don't have time. When I do quantitative work, I don't want to look too sloppy. Sorry. I am coding. I think I've said enough. Good luck to all.

Edit: you are asking for investigative journalism. I don't have the resources to go researching that right now. Look what happened to Gary Webb.

Edit#2: if you demand everything in life to proven beyond any doubt and you can't reason with fuzzy logic to clearly see the motives, then you will forever be a slave to TPTB, because they design their methods and protection systems to make sure you can't have the "proof" you want.

True, but the false hegelian dialectic was the ultimate conspiracy theory. Now, thanks to your conceptual framework and Macgsa arguments, I have less trouble accepting its reality. And now, I'm just realizing what you hammered on us : there is no safe haven. We need your coin asap, go to work. Dont bother with me Tongue
July 23, 2015, 06:50:54 PM
Macgsa provided convincingly probabilistic evidence. I linked to it. You replied to the reply about it. Why can't you read it? The odds of him being wrong are akin to winning the lottery, unless we've missed something in the analysis.

I read it. I just wanted your personal demonstration or some exemples you had in mind as I value your insight a lot.

I don't have time. When I do quantitative work, I don't want to look too sloppy. Sorry. I am coding. I think I've said enough. Good luck to all.

Edit: you are asking for investigative journalism. I don't have the resources to go researching that right now. Look what happened to Gary Webb.

Edit#2: if you demand everything in life to proven beyond any doubt and you can't reason with fuzzy logic to clearly see the motives, then you will forever be a slave to TPTB, because they design their methods and protection systems to make sure you can't have the "proof" you want. Remember the Proverbs, "Do not be surety to another", "Do not make promises, for that makes you responsible for the future (do you think you are God?)". Those who want absolute surety here on earth, get absolute slavery.
July 23, 2015, 06:28:07 PM

July 23, 2015, 06:24:32 PM
personally i believe this is the extreme oversold price we are at today... and it is a buying period RIGHT now. It hit my target and started to range... now just waiting for LTC to give the clear.. LTC represents ALTs as I believe most good ALTS shoudl rise this time with BTC

Oversold relative to what?

Relative to the egregiously overbought $1000 price (where the insiders cashed out with 10,000% gains, leaving the fools holding the bag as usual) when shorting wasn't possible and Bitcoin was plastered on every mass media front page because TPTB want to move us to digital money and eliminate cash.

Oversold can be measured by the despair amongst those who bought Bitcoin in 2013 and later. Once they hate Bitcoin and never want to buy it again, then it will be oversold (so the insiders can reacquire positions for the next greater fool bull run).

Speculative investing is all about CONFIDENCE. Measure everything relative to that.

An expert investor is cold as stone when he speaks. No emotion. No BS. Just the reality of investing.
July 23, 2015, 06:17:57 PM
July 23, 2015, 06:00:06 PM
Now, here comes the question: Do you believe ALL the above happened by pure luck or coincidence? What are the odds?

Please email Armstrong. He has coded his model with a myopia that isn't detecting such statistical anomalies. Thus his myopia.

My fuzzy logic engine had worked out probabilities over years of observation, but your example is much more incisive. Kudos.

@TPTB, have you made a post demonstrating through proofs or at least exemples why you think the axis of powers of today are merely smoke and mirrors and they are actually working together? I've read several of your posts when you mention it but never saw deductive demonstration. If I recall correctly, what you said is more of the lines : they are engineering a NWO so if they really want t make it happen, they need to work together and engineer problems to seduce the people into the solutions they wanted.
legendary
July 23, 2015, 05:53:49 PM
The dot com bubble didn't stop the internet from expanding in an exponential pattern.

Right.

The development of the infrastructure continues. I know I haven't stopped coding  Wink (and others as well of course, I am just a cog in the wheel)

I read the dot.com burst caused many unemployment software engineers to go work on their own startups in their garages. So the infrastructure development accelerated with the burst of the bubble.

Also find that venture capital chart (in my archives) that shows that investment capital in Bitcoin has been rising to offset the falling price.

The extreme short oversold price will be the buying opportunity of a lifetime.

Btw, I was offered $1.2 milion in stock options in year 2000 for my CoolPage.com software business and I would become the CTO or VP. I declined because I predicted the dot.com burst (I saw it coming because of the unprofitable banner ad rates, which I see again now for Google Adsense!) and I took $205,000 in non-exclusive license instead and continued to generate sales from CoolPage for a decade.

July 23, 2015, 05:41:06 PM
The dot com bubble didn't stop the internet from expanding in an exponential pattern.

Right.

The development of the infrastructure continues. I know I haven't stopped coding  Wink (and others as well of course, I am just a cog in the wheel)

I read the dot.com burst caused many unemployment software engineers to go work on their own startups in their garages. So the infrastructure development accelerated with the burst of the bubble.

Also find that venture capital chart (in my archives) that shows that investment capital in Bitcoin has been rising to offset the falling price.

The extreme short oversold price will be the buying opportunity of a lifetime.

Btw, I was offered $1.2 milion in stock options in year 2000 for my CoolPage.com software business and I would become the CTO or VP. I declined because I predicted the dot.com burst (I saw it coming because of the unprofitable banner ad rates, which I see again now for Google Adsense!) and I took $205,000 in non-exclusive license instead and continued to generate sales from CoolPage for a decade.
legendary
July 23, 2015, 05:33:33 PM
We have some news regarding Greece. IMF spokesman declared today that without a haircut, IMF won't be a part of the loan that Greece has asked. Maybe we will have some news until mid August about this matter.

TPTB_need_war: I REALLY am curious if you're correct on your BTC dump prediction (in sync with gold low). For the sake of argument, (and because I like to be the Devil's advocate) I'd say it would be difficult to see a new low for BTC. Here's a thought: I believe what we're now experiencing as 'capitulation' is the effect of this "dump" you're probably expecting. BTC is en route to higher levels.

Let's see who wins. Wink

There is that Hegelian dialectic again (good vs. bad car salesmen trick) that TPTB employ religiously. They are squeezing Greece in between EU/Russia/IMF/China axis powers as you recently incisively (and somewhat quantitatively) demonstrated upthread.

The reason I am (very likely) correct is because speculative capital chases speculative capital, thus fundamentals do not matter.

The speculative capital will shift when it sees the stampede out of the Euro to the dollar and thus the negative for gold and other smaller cap private assets. Shorts chase shorts, until the smart (early) money starts to cover.

Sorry you will lose this bet. It is part of your learning experience. You are very smart, but I am age 50 and have paid my learning curve dues.

July 23, 2015, 05:30:18 PM
We have some news regarding Greece. IMF spokesman declared today that without a haircut, IMF won't be a part of the loan that Greece has asked. Maybe we will have some news until mid August about this matter.

TPTB_need_war: I REALLY am curious if you're correct on your BTC dump prediction (in sync with gold low). For the sake of argument, (and because I like to be the Devil's advocate) I'd say it would be difficult to see a new low for BTC. Here's a thought: I believe what we're now experiencing as 'capitulation' is the effect of this "dump" you're probably expecting. BTC is en route to higher levels.

Let's see who wins. Wink

There is that Hegelian dialectic again (good vs. bad car salesmen trick) that TPTB employ religiously. They are squeezing Greece in between EU/Russia/IMF/China axis powers as you recently incisively (and somewhat quantitatively) demonstrated upthread.

The reason I am (very likely) correct is because speculative capital chases speculative capital, thus fundamentals do not matter.

The speculative capital will shift when it sees the stampede out of the Euro to the dollar and thus the negative for gold and other smaller cap private assets. Shorts chase shorts (just as longs chase longs...greater fool reality), until the smart (early) money starts to cover.

Sorry you will lose this bet. It is part of your learning experience. You are very smart, but I am age 50 and have paid my learning curve dues.
Jump to: