Pages:
Author

Topic: Massive spike to $7 (then $15.9499) sunday 3PM BST at MtGox - page 5. (Read 9352 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
we all hope that its a bug, but I hope mtgox make a statement addressing the situation, or Im off to bitmarket
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Yep, bitcoin monitor has the 43BTC @ 15

Edit: hard to screencap and hover over the trade at the same time, just look.

Edit2:  Looking back, they're so scrunched up now (due to scale), I can't locate it again.  But it was there.
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
It's hard to trust MtGox if they let trades happen at $15 and not process $10 trades.  It completely distorts the market and is like a lottery win for the lucky guy at $15 and not a market.  If MtGox wants itself to be taken seriously it must address issues like this.

There was probably no trade at 15.

Yeah... just a display bug I guess

Display bug on MtGox Live and Bitcoin Monitor?  I saw the trade on both.  MtGox is displaying the trade as valid. 

Last Price: 5.53 High:15.9499
legendary
Not really bad news for BTC, just bad for MTgox. 

The biggest and most important exchange by far has serious instability issues.  It's not directly a BTC bad news story, but that's not the way it'll be read by most lay people.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
It's hard to trust MtGox if they let trades happen at $15 and not process $10 trades.  It completely distorts the market and is like a lottery win for the lucky guy at $15 and not a market.  If MtGox wants itself to be taken seriously it must address issues like this.

Yeah... just a display bug I guess
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
hmmmm...smells like there is priority sellers club  on Mtgox...
legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

Activity: 127
Not really bad news for BTC, just bad for MTgox. 
legendary
I had a few sells set up at $10.2 that never got touched.

legendary
Activity: 1011
Merit: 1006
Another bad news for bubble named "BTC".
Activity: 237
WTF? now its showing multiple spikes over 8, the price hasnt gone above 6 in the past few mins, mtgox needs to go down for maintenance now!
legendary

it did show 1.99 on my screen , I couldn't believe it also. Must be Mt. Gox hack then since nobody orders got filled.

It could be a display bug. It wouldn't be the first time.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I had a few sells set up at $10.2 that never got touched.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Even my below order wasnt filled:

Buying 5 4.51235 USD Active 22.56 USD 09/11 06:28
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Did anyone notice at one point the LOW on mt.gox was 1.99.

I am surprised nobody mentioned that one.

It must be faulty data because now it shows the low of 4.6001

I didn't see it.  I have buys at $2.90 that didn't get filled.  If MtGox really did show a low of $1.99 I'd be pissed.

it did show 1.99 on my screen , I couldn't believe it also. Must be Mt. Gox hack then since nobody orders got filled.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
This spike to 6 usd is not good. Same thing happened a few days ago. from 6.4 to 7.8 or so... Then crashed bigtime!
Activity: 237
I had a sell order at around 7 when the spike to 15 showed up. Didn't get filled. Bug.

Thank you!
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
This must be the cosby coins hack, they probably got lots of mt.gox passwords and are using people's cash to buy bitcoins. I moved my money out of mt. gox last night because I was worried about this.
legendary
I had a sell order at around 7 when the spike to 15 showed up. Didn't get filled. Bug.
legendary
Did anyone notice at one point the LOW on mt.gox was 1.99.

I am surprised nobody mentioned that one.

It must be faulty data because now it shows the low of 4.6001

I didn't see it.  I have buys at $2.90 that didn't get filled.  If MtGox really did show a low of $1.99 I'd be pissed.
Pages:
Jump to: