Pages:
Author

Topic: Massive spike to $7 (then $15.9499) sunday 3PM BST at MtGox - page 7. (Read 9352 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Holy shit, don't blink

legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
It jumped to 9 when I wasn't looking

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
Aaannd, back to $5.93!
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
In Bot we trust!!!!  Grin
legendary
My explanation for the completely irrational price activity:

- A faulty bot.  Sunday afternoon/night and someone isn't keeping an eye on their script.
- Someone is doing this for shits and giggles.  It's fun.  They have free money they didn't work for (early bitcoin mining).  Why not do something silly.
- Hacked account.  Maybe Bill Cosby is giving us a free present.  Sell while you can.

I'm going to go with:

- People buying low, hoping to sell high.

And they all decide to put up bid walls at the exact same price, with 10,000BTC, then instantly remove those walls at the same time to make the price bounce like a yoyo.  It's obvious it's not a natural market.  Anyone can see that.

I changed it while you were still typing.

Yeah, I noticed once the page refreshed after I clicked Post  Smiley

- A faulty bot.  Sunday afternoon/night and someone isn't keeping an eye on their script.
- Someone is doing this for shits and giggles.  It's fun.  They have free money they didn't work for (early bitcoin mining).  Why not do something silly.
- Hacked account.  Maybe Bill Cosby is giving us a free present.  Sell while you can.

I'm going to go with:

And they all decide to put up bid walls at the exact same price, with 10,000BTC, then instantly remove those walls at the same time to make the price bounce like a yoyo.  It's obvious it's not a natural market.  Anyone can see that.

I changed it while you were still typing.
legendary

I'm going to go with:

legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
oops! I meant $7! Wink

- A faulty bot.  Sunday afternoon/night and someone isn't keeping an eye on their script.
- Someone is doing this for shits and giggles.  It's fun.  They have free money they didn't work for (early bitcoin mining).  Why not do something silly.
- Hacked account.  Maybe Bill Cosby is giving us a free present.  Sell while you can.

Edit:

Nvm.  The movement makes 0 sense.  Going with a bugged bot
legendary
Legen -wait for it- dary
Bought every coin up to $70, and has a $75,000 bid wall @$6.77!
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
10000 BTC wall at 7 now, haha. Grin
legendary

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
It is the manipulator! Just put up 2000+ BTC wall at 7! Save us manipulator!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Back to 7
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Someone bought a lot of btc

Must be like some 60,000$  Shocked
I saw it too.  It looked like ~$100k.
Activity: 127
Hee hee - yes, I guess, ask an obvious question....
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Someone bought a lot of btc
Activity: 127
Wow, just seen a massive spike up to $7 on Mtgox.  Anyone know what happened?  Gone back to $5.70ish at the time of writing but that was a huge upward move.
Pages:
Jump to: