Pages:
Author

Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now. - page 7. (Read 80672 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I have seen evidence he has been involved in multiple scams in the past, several of which were perpetrated here. He really doesn't want his dox public, even if he is too stupid to know it.

Which basically means he is a scammer and he never got hacked or anything like that and he obviously didn't have financial problems, he just wanted to scam and then started with the bullshit excuses but at least he is paying back. Ruining your reputation for nothing, what a fool.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™

If he really was in financial problems why don't just ask for a loan?
Well if the problems were great enough he wouldn't have means to pay back, right?  So scamming becomes a viable option in that case.  But it looks for all intents and purposes that Master-P took out an interest-free loan from unwilling lenders.  I still can't figure out a good narrative for what happened here.  He's obviously paying the bitcoin back, albeit slowly, so he has it and has not spent it.  Maybe because he got scared?  I just shake my head at this.

He did get scared (larger payouts started only after the doxing threats) and he hasn't paid all of it back yet. So far there is no indication of this being anything other than a scam that turned sour, and he's still trying to drag this out. Perhaps hoping that some victims won't be able to sign a message for TECSHARE and get the dox.

I would also suspect that this is not his only scam so he might be inclined to pay 100% back to avoid further digging in his past.

Just my speculation of course.

Makes a lot of sense to me and i keep popping by to see how he's doing paying people back.
If he's waiting fro people to forget and wander off it's not happening.

This case is a precedent setting incident and may affect things later.. 2 cents
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
I have seen evidence he has been involved in multiple scams in the past, several of which were perpetrated here. He really doesn't want his dox public, even if he is too stupid to know it.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Well if the problems were great enough he wouldn't have means to pay back, right?  So scamming becomes a viable option in that case.  But it looks for all intents and purposes that Master-P took out an interest-free loan from unwilling lenders.  I still can't figure out a good narrative for what happened here.  He's obviously paying the bitcoin back, albeit slowly, so he has it and has not spent it.  Maybe because he got scared?  I just shake my head at this.

He did get scared (larger payouts started only after the doxing threats) and he hasn't paid all of it back yet. So far there is no indication of this being anything other than a scam that turned sour, and he's still trying to drag this out. Perhaps hoping that some victims won't be able to sign a message for TECSHARE and get the dox.

I would also suspect that this is not his only scam so he might be inclined to pay 100% back to avoid further digging in his past.

Just my speculation of course.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
The only way to be pretty sure about the character of an online character is when he had the chance to get rich by stealing but didn't do it. For example dooglus. He held, i believe, coins worth $60 Million. He never would get a bigger chance to steal but he paid it back. I think there is no better proof of character than that. And it's highly likely that such a responsible person would not sell his account.

I think there were a few of us that did 700 bitcoins at one time, for about 10,000 chips.

Ju!, stop feeding the trolls. hehe.

Guess i sometimes can't know for sure if someone is serious or only trolling since there are real people on the forum with really weird views on things. And unfortunately they are no trolls.

Yeah thinking about the big "IF's" of investment actions of the past only brings up crazy feelings. It might be better not to think about these times too often. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
The only way to be pretty sure about the character of an online character is when he had the chance to get rich by stealing but didn't do it. For example dooglus. He held, i believe, coins worth $60 Million. He never would get a bigger chance to steal but he paid it back. I think there is no better proof of character than that. And it's highly likely that such a responsible person would not sell his account.

I think there were a few of us that did 700 bitcoins at one time, for about 10,000 chips.

Ju!, stop feeding the trolls. hehe.
legendary
Maybe do a little research YOURSELF on the person you are trusting with your money. (I know, crazy talk)

Thats's not as safe as you let it sound. Even i believed master-P being a honest escrow because i saw honest behaviour from him. Something that let me believe that he has a good character. And I have to deal with many scammers as escrow. They simply are pretty good actors often enough.

The solution has been around for ages but it seems NOT A SINGLE TRUSTED ESCROW is pushing multi-sig.
Its always "You can trust this one or that one or ME with YOUR money" not a one pushing multi-sig. You just need to ask yourself why.

The reality is that out of hundreds of trades maybe one person asks if you offer multisig. And even then, what multisig will you use? 2 of 3? Then can you be sure that the seller is not the same as the escrow? You still can be scammed pretty easy.

The only safer option that was suggested by grtthegreat lately is 4of 5 or so. Where three trusted escrows are involved. It's very unlikely that all of these escrows would be scammer.

But again... who has the knowledge to handle multisig? I think that this is too complicated for the average user and most would want to use the classic way of escrow anyway.

Escrow should never be used unless for small amounts and the end result should ALWAYS be helping to teach noobs how to use multi-sig.
If your escrow is not teaching you about, and how to use multi-sig, you should find another escrow.
Its YOUR Money. and with a little extra work, you get to stay in control of it.(if you figured out how to use bitcoin, you can figure out multi-sig too)

Esp. if you are looking for "free" escrow - Why would anyone do free work unless there was a payout at the end of the rainbow.
The only Free service I offer requires YOU to do all the work. I would only get involved when arbitration is needed.

Well, only because you can't imagine helping others for free once in a while doesn't mean you can judge all escrows that offer free escrow with your mindset. In fact free means that you can get tips and in my opinion the tips often enough are higher than those escrows receive that demand a fixed fee. Because they can show their appreciation of your service that way. And it's more pleasing for the escrow when he sees a user was happy with what you did. Smiley

In fact, I wouldn't even know you used my service unless I'm contacted for arbitration.

You finally found a moneys that you are completely in control of.
When you hand this money over freely to a stranger, it is NO LONGER YOUR MONEY.
Stay in control, use 2-3 multi-sig with a trusted arbitrator.

Ah i see, your stressing about how bad all escrows are is in fact an advertising for your service. Well, ok.

But yes, i think multisig generally is more safe, only the users seems to be not ready yet. I hope you made sure with your service that the private keys of the clients are not possibly be seen by your website. Otherwise people would risk that you could forward the coins yourself. In fact it can't be made sure that your website is not altered at one point in time so that you control the coins in fact. Be it by you or by a hacker. I only speak about potential risks, no accusation of course. There simply is no 100% safety.

And do your own research.   ......or buy a big box of tissues.

The choice is yours.

...And yes, I am going to put out there that I have been doing "FREE Escrow" in bitcoin-OTC for many years.

But if you did your research, you would already know that.

Does they have their own escrow functionality or do you offer it through a website of yours? Anyway, regardless how it would be, there always would be the chance of "i was hacked". Or can you give a reason why that is impossible? I admit i did not have the time to check you out so maybe there is some way iam not aware of yet.
legendary
I sold QuantumDice to iron marvel.   Would it help anything if I dug through PM's and found information or not really?

And he did own MoneyPot too or how should the picture be seen posted one or two pages before your post?

If that is true and he really was master-P then... well... he was probably a really big scammer then. Dice Sites are pretty expensive websites. Profits are high. Strange though that he could get through with that with the amateurish scamming style he is showing.

Edit: Oh, i see, it probably was only the url or was quantumdice so unsuccessfull as a business that the price could be 0.4bitcoin only?

Could you please rephrase this to a more accurate statement?  Though he may anonymously have an app hosted with moneypot, he has absolutely no connections with or to it.

Ok, i will edit that post. It sounded like he had a deeper connection to moneypot. Wink
legendary
I just got over a way to finish this kind of things . please read it full: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326409.new#new

Hm, i wanted to give you my view on your suggestions but it seems you already closed the thread. Tongue

One thing you would need to consider is that escrowing is not really a work that is worth the time you invest monetarywise. I only know one escrow, i won't name him, who might be able to earn a considerable amount from it, but that's it.

So putting bitcoins into escrow with staff is like an investment on top, you can't access these coins. And i think that means already that a lot of escrows would stop doing escrow at all then.

I would write more but this is not the topic for it. Tongue
legendary
Cashback 15%
Scammers always have a tendency to come back and scam as much as he can although he mentioned he will not return here.
his word doesnt hold much value at this point.
less then half funds to repay  until he can come back to bitcoin forum to comtinue to do his escros services.
would you remove his negative feedback if he resolved them all? Roll Eyes

Why do you keep repeating that?

Nothing in Master-P's behavior during this debacle suggests that he's a trustworthy person.

Even if you believe his tales it would mean that the Master-P account is in possession of a hacker and negative trust should not be removed.

And finally - if you would like to use his escrow services you can go right ahead. Negative trust does not ban a user or otherwise prevent from doing business. It's just a warning. Feel free to ignore it.
also, even if he was telling the truth about being hacked, fact remains he can never be trusted with other people's money again. in the case he was hacked, theres nothing saying it couldnt happen again; him holding the funds would be a risk in itself. then again, its pretty convincing that he wasnt actually hacked, so that doesnt even matter.
Yep, exactly.   I think the hacking story has been thoroughly discredited and I don't think he'll be back at all.  What a strange and awful happenstance.   I've never seen anyone break bad like that after having been trusted for so long.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
Scammers always have a tendency to come back and scam as much as he can although he mentioned he will not return here.
his word doesnt hold much value at this point.
less then half funds to repay  until he can come back to bitcoin forum to comtinue to do his escros services.

Nothing in Master-P's behavior during this debacle suggests that he's a trustworthy person.

Even if you believe his tales it would mean that the Master-P account is in possession of a hacker and negative trust should not be removed.

And finally - if you would like to use his escrow services you can go right ahead. Negative trust does not ban a user or otherwise prevent from doing business. It's just a warning. Feel free to ignore it.
also, even if he was telling the truth about being hacked, fact remains he can never be trusted with other people's money again. in the case he was hacked, theres nothing saying it couldnt happen again; him holding the funds would be a risk in itself. then again, its pretty convincing that he wasnt actually hacked, so that doesnt even matter.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Yeah I don't think he'll be back to do escrow any time soon.   He says he's done with this community, so he'll probably not be back and even if he did come back no one here trusts him.

Do you think he will come back and do successful trade with an account with -9999 trust rating? Roll Eyes

Prolly he has already bought new accounts with those scammed funds to start his never-ending scams again as per his previous record shows.

legendary
Cashback 15%
less then half funds to repay  until he can come back to bitcoin forum to comtinue to do his escros services.

Yeah I don't think he'll be back to do escrow any time soon.   He says he's done with this community, so he'll probably not be back and even if he did come back no one here trusts him.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
Looks like he is paying everyone back...still in progressed

How Eric stole people's Christmas
1. Eric builds reputation since 2013 in order to set up the escrow scam
2. Eric buys multiple accounts to set up phony escrows with people and steals bitcoins
3. Eric claims he was hacked and wasn't him when people start finding out
4. Eric moves funds to attempt to exit scam
5. But oh shit, Eric forgot to hide his identity and people knew who he was

Seems right?
Not likely he would spend over 2 years to scam that amount, here's what I think did happen(nearly the same as yours)
1. Eric builds reputation since 2013
2. During the last couple of months , he either gets in a economic problem, or starts noticing how easy it would be to scam a huge amount
3. Eric buys multiple accounts to set up phony escrows with people and steals bitcoins
4. Eric claims he was hacked and wasn't him when people start finding out
4. Eric moves funds to attempt to exit scam
5. But oh shit, Eric forgot to hide his identity and people knew who he was

If he really was in financial problems why don't just ask for a loan? He was extremely trusted, I'm sure more than 1 person would have been willing to give him a good amount of bitcoins, he could have done many things instead of scamming, he is a scammer and he always was.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I just got over a way to finish this kind of things . please read it full: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326409.new#new

Staffs cannot get them involved in escrows and how will you just trust a staff because he has a profile tag of a staff? I will still not feel 10% secure in escrowing with an unknown staff. Even theymos also. Roll Eyes

Its better you locked that useless thread.

Sorry but i didnt wanted to put up a so called " useless thread ". I just tried up . I already mentioned that i might not be good and may miss up some points so correct me up . And i had already locked that thread at 5:34 PM around , so i guess there was no need of advising me again to lock that thread that was locked one hour ago.  You were asking for DOUBLE-LOCK  ? :p well thats not available Grin

I went to reply to this thread, only to find it locked by the time I was ready to post.
~please comment only if you read it whole
My reply:
Almost every single person scammed on this forum DID go and look at a "list" of trusted peeps.

Another list in NOT the answer and is not going to change anything. Its is just too easy for scammers to infiltrate the list and look like they are legit.(they really do create new shills every day, this way, when one 'gets caught' they have a dozens more ready to step in its place)

Why not tell people to STOP looking at these list that are NOT kept up-to-date and are mostly started by questionable people in the first place.

Maybe do a little research YOURSELF on the person you are trusting with your money. (I know, crazy talk)

I am truly amazed how much info is found out about these scammers AFTER the fact. This exact same info was available BEFORE you handed a complete stranger your money on the advice of another stranger, based on a number next to their fake name.

Anyone caught dealing with selling of accounts should be avoided completely, forever. (you cannot ban all these peeps, but you can avoid them, and mark them in your trust list)
This includes buyers, sellers and escrows.
There is absolutely NO REASON for a trusted person to keep a list of shills. No reason for a trusted person to SELL THEIR IDENTITY.
And no reason why a trusted escrow would get involved with such deceitful practices.(except profit for them at your expense later)

Giving money to admin or staff does NOTHING to fix this problem.
Do I really need to break out the list of trusted staffers and mods that have gone scammer?

To me, the problem IS the trusted lists.

The solution has been around for ages but it seems NOT A SINGLE TRUSTED ESCROW is pushing multi-sig.
Its always "You can trust this one or that one or ME with YOUR money" not a one pushing multi-sig. You just need to ask yourself why.

Escrow should never be used unless for small amounts and the end result should ALWAYS be helping to teach noobs how to use multi-sig.
If your escrow is not teaching you about, and how to use multi-sig, you should find another escrow.
Its YOUR Money. and with a little extra work, you get to stay in control of it.(if you figured out how to use bitcoin, you can figure out multi-sig too)

Esp. if you are looking for "free" escrow - Why would anyone do free work unless there was a payout at the end of the rainbow.
The only Free service I offer requires YOU to do all the work. I would only get involved when arbitration is needed.
In fact, I wouldn't even know you used my service unless I'm contacted for arbitration.

You finally found a moneys that you are completely in control of.
When you hand this money over freely to a stranger, it is NO LONGER YOUR MONEY.
Stay in control, use 2-3 multi-sig with a trusted arbitrator.

The choice is yours.

...And yes, I am going to put out there that I have been doing "FREE Escrow" in bitcoin-OTC for many years.

But if you did your research, you would already know that.

yeah i got my mistakes on the thread/post thats why i locked up the thread. And some of the points you picked up was the same.

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005
beware of your keys.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
Almost every single person scammed on this forum DID go and look at a "list" of trusted peeps.

Another list in NOT the answer and is not going to change anything. Its is just too easy for scammers to infiltrate the list and look like they are legit.(they really do create new shills every day, this way, when one 'gets caught' they have a dozens more ready to step in its place)

Why not tell people to STOP looking at these list that are NOT kept up-to-date and are mostly started by questionable people in the first place.

I am truly amazed how much info is found out about these scammers AFTER the fact. This exact same info was available BEFORE you handed a complete stranger your money on the advice of another stranger, based on a number next to their fake name.

*** ... snip ... ***

The choice is yours.
You sound like TecShare. But I agree with your advice (which to me is common sense) to do your own research before making a deal.

What a shock. People are starting to realize that the completely corrupted trust system is the source of these issues, and me pointing this out was not just a vendetta as the staff and their jackals here attempted to cast it as. It only took 3 years for people to start putting 2 and 2 together. I predicted this would increasingly become a problem, but the resident brown-nosers want to make sure that narrative is never communicated to users of this forum. All is well. Nothing to see here. Move along.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Consumed more than hour reading this thread and the posts, really shocking news about Master-P.
I used his escrow services for the near past, and don't think he was a great scammer..Just trying for years to build trust in the forum to scam people , to scam the people who trusted him, really shameful behavior and deserve Jail. I feel like the whole community here, not only me, was shocked as well, and meprising this guy and hating him for his shameful act, that's why each one try to help the other just to know and then publish the real identity of this scammer. What Eric is earning now ? he lost everything because his selfish..The money isn't everything in this world, when you earn the trust of a big community it's in my opinion best than thousands of dollars, the money will come and can be earned legally, but when you lose the trust of people you can't get it back , you lose everything.
And now he's refunding not by generousity, but because he's afraid of jail, and feel it's possible now..

I'm sure Eric is so afraid of going to jail for scamming the cryptocurrency community, joining the ranks of Charlie, Mark, Trendon and Ross. Did I miss anybody? Think about it!
Pages:
Jump to: