Pages:
Author

Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now. - page 2. (Read 80672 times)

Activity: 764
Merit: 500
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
Why not pay a small amount to let someone visit him for the start? His living address was not yet checked, right?

It should not cost alot if someone living near him will do that and film the visit silently.

I am ready to pay the amount if it's small. Considering the risk involved, the amount would never be small.

Don't let anyone know who's visiting.
master-p might still be luring around the forum to erase any further traces with his alts.

The best way would be to swat him.

Yeah, that would surely instantly recover all losses and not get you in any kind of trouble. /sarcasm.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009
Why not pay a small amount to let someone visit him for the start? His living address was not yet checked, right?

It should not cost alot if someone living near him will do that and film the visit silently.

I am ready to pay the amount if it's small. Considering the risk involved, the amount would never be small.

Don't let anyone know who's visiting.
master-p might still be luring around the forum to erase any further traces with his alts.

The best way would be to swat him.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Nearly two months again now. So that was it? The step by step for scammers worked fine?

Well, it probably is the amount that is not so high. But still... damaging escrow services on bitcointalk in general and then living happily with some K USD more than before.  Angry

Yeah, that was it. Many people came in here to say that they live in Canada near him and can go and ask him, but no one helped out. Probably even those accounts were alts of master-P.

Alright, so no updates?

Guess not and Master-P is still happily playing games on steam and also probably on another bitcointalk account trying to execute another scam...

2.5 BTC lost. And there's absolutely nothing that I can do.

legendary
Nearly two months again now. So that was it? The step by step for scammers worked fine?

Well, it probably is the amount that is not so high. But still... damaging escrow services on bitcointalk in general and then living happily with some K USD more than before.  Angry

Yeah, that was it. Many people came in here to say that they live in Canada near him and can go and ask him, but no one helped out. Probably even those accounts were alts of master-P.

Alright, so no updates?

Guess not and Master-P is still happily playing games on steam and also probably on another bitcointalk account trying to execute another scam...

2.5 BTC lost. And there's absolutely nothing that I can do.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Alright, so no updates?

legendary

Alright, so no updates?
legendary

legendary

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
Who said I expected to get paid? This is what I am talking about, just a line of uninvolved neckbeards making up shit so they can take potshots. Just because you are too ignorant to figure out why this strategy worked doesn't mean it was ineffective. What I did, the way I did it resulted in people getting a significant portion of their money back which is virtually unheard of
Thanks for the help, I guess once you get your money back you pretty much forget about who helped you get it back. Here's to hoping I wasn't the only person who thanked you for the effort you put into helping the community, having no selfish reasons

Forgetting HOW this guy Master-P made his money ?
By fostering a "good" reputation..

No agenda ? Oh really ?

Neckbeard Prime has spoken.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Who said I expected to get paid? This is what I am talking about, just a line of uninvolved neckbeards making up shit so they can take potshots. Just because you are too ignorant to figure out why this strategy worked doesn't mean it was ineffective. What I did, the way I did it resulted in people getting a significant portion of their money back which is virtually unheard of
Thanks for the help, I guess once you get your money back you pretty much forget about who helped you get it back. Here's to hoping I wasn't the only person who thanked you for the effort you put into helping the community, having no selfish reasons

Forgetting HOW this guy Master-P made his money ?
By fostering a "good" reputation..

No agenda ? Oh really ?
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Anything that anyone does that is detrimental to scammers is going to be an essentially thankless job. People you help will likely not truly understand that they were close to loosing their money (or in this case, how unlikely they were to receiving their money back), and the scammer you hurt will have an axe to grind against the person who outed them.

Yes... it starts of taking the side of someone who is treated unfair by other members, maybe harrassed or similar things. There are some people on the forum who have an army of altaccounts and it seems, ALOT of time. They seem to have nothing other to do than turning other persons lives to hell. Checking out users that speak against them, searching errors they can use against them and harrassing even them then on threads.

And it ends with people who saved their money from being scammed away by using an escrow and they do not get the idea to tip the escrow for saving their money. Cheesy I mean that outcome is even better than the deal being successfull.

Guess it is simply a case of not having thought about that. Cheesy
I would not call trolling someone speaking out again them, that is harassing them.

I would not call stealing money and refusing to accept responsibility a mistake, that is theft.
legendary
Anything that anyone does that is detrimental to scammers is going to be an essentially thankless job. People you help will likely not truly understand that they were close to loosing their money (or in this case, how unlikely they were to receiving their money back), and the scammer you hurt will have an axe to grind against the person who outed them.

Yes... it starts of taking the side of someone who is treated unfair by other members, maybe harrassed or similar things. There are some people on the forum who have an army of altaccounts and it seems, ALOT of time. They seem to have nothing other to do than turning other persons lives to hell. Checking out users that speak against them, searching errors they can use against them and harrassing even them then on threads.

And it ends with people who saved their money from being scammed away by using an escrow and they do not get the idea to tip the escrow for saving their money. Cheesy I mean that outcome is even better than the deal being successfull.

Guess it is simply a case of not having thought about that. Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
legendary
So he moved from canada to london and is actually employed... well, another police that is in charge. Maybe another chance in another countries laws.

Maybe he though he is safe by moving. Really matching the amateurish scam that happened.

He has so much to lose now. Being found in england, checking out his companies boss, finding his facebook and so on there, checking out relatives and friends.

Man... how could he think that this will end well for him.

And i still don't get why no other victims show up. It seems he did a lot of scams already. Why not clean up this community from scammy rubbish? I think they don't grow back like hydra heads. Maybe it would make the community a step safer?
legendary
That is not completely true.If you contain some evidence but wish not to disclose it and which might help the scammer run away then it shows your selfishness.I don't think it took you more than an hour to dig the pm's and post his dox.
However, what you did should be appreciated or thanked at least but you are exaggerating a lot.

I think what he complaints about is that he was pushed to post the doxx publicly, which at the end did not serve much effect since he gave the doxx to the victims before already.

I know from experience that having a way to push an issuer or something is worth a lot. People fearing to lose their anonymity is a great push worth for scammers to pay back most of the time.

If you give that away without a real purpose or effect, remember the victims already had the doxx, then you lose alot of power.
legendary
The fact is that escrow is no better than a blind faith loan.  Either way you are giving your coins to another person, that you very likely do not know.  Are loan websites better?  Website escrows?  No matter what, you are trusting a total stranger to return something you have given them.  It either will or will not happen.

It is better to go for multi signature escrows like bitrated because no one can get a chance to scam there.
Even if the scammer does not sign the transaction, the mediator will and I am sure the mediator will not ruin his reputation for a one time bribe from the scammer.

Or... the mediator gets reputation, then establishes alot of selling trades as being a seller with another account, then delays everything a bit and at the end he, as the mediator and he as the buyer... releases the bitcoin to his scammy address.

No, as long as I do not miss a point the same thing like with master-P could have happened there.

I admit I did not check bitrated out so I might miss something.
legendary
But honestly, i somehow doubt a bit that his doxx is real. I know there are ways to fake all of this, even when receiving goods at this address. And till now no one has checked him out it seems.

If i would be involved and would have invested alot. Then i would go after him even on a personal level. Visiting him, private investigator and so on. Just to get the coins back or send him to justice.

I posted the dox directly sent to me by his account in the past. I confirmed those dox with Blazed, who confirmed them directly with the same Master-P who verified his signature using an old signing address. The only way it is possible the information is incorrect is if he in fact did give up control of his wallets, accounts, and passwords to a 3rd party, in which case he is still responsible for facilitating fraud. Additionally if the dox were not real why would he make repayments to prevent their release?

It's possible that it is correct. I only think most scammers would have been smart enough to fake this. Should have been not so hard since I can imagine many ways, some are used by carders too to receive their stolen goods without revealing their identity.

Might very well be that he paid some back just to lower the amount of risk of being sued. And because he knows no one will track him down. So at least some info would have been correct.

If he really scammed knowing their real address was out there then this was a pretty stupid scam. Maybe he was badly in need of money though when he has time to play counterstrike all day then this need surely would have the wrong reason.
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
The fact is that escrow is no better than a blind faith loan.  Either way you are giving your coins to another person, that you very likely do not know.  Are loan websites better?  Website escrows?  No matter what, you are trusting a total stranger to return something you have given them.  It either will or will not happen.

It is better to go for multi signature escrows like bitrated because no one can get a chance to scam there.
Even if the scammer does not sign the transaction, the mediator will and I am sure the mediator will not ruin his reputation for a one time bribe from the scammer.

There's your problem tecshare, you act like you are doing the work to be selfless and help people out, but then you say.. oh they recovered 50% and never paid me a penny! It's great if you're trying to out scammers, just stop doing it in hopes of a reward. Also, if you're going to dox someone because you have concrete proof, then do it - don't drop teasers of information or publish then revoke the detail.

tecshare has done a lot in helping the community or else that coward would not have sent a portion of his scam amount to the victims staying near him. Wink
I completely agree that some cases are less likely to be taken advantage of.  I agree that websites and escrows help.  I am just stating that any case can end in ruin.
Pages:
Jump to: