Pages:
Author

Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread - page 25. (Read 226671 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
January 07, 2014, 09:56:28 PM
Nice to see you going into Mastercoin full time. It's the right call.
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
January 07, 2014, 08:52:31 PM
He is in deeper shit than you & me bro leave him alone - dacoin is the best guy in this forum, I mean it...
ya i'm not giving him a hard time, I am just pointing it out.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance
January 07, 2014, 08:52:14 PM
Again, this is only 3-6% of what I have, and I'm only selling to pay a big tax bill

3-6% at todays prices gives you back your initial ~1500btc investment.

So basically, all the other 141k MSC is pure profit for you.

Hey, when you put it that way, it doesn't seem quite so painful. Thanks!

My problem has been comparing the current price to what I think it WILL be worth, which makes me want to cry, but that is a much better way to think about it.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
January 07, 2014, 08:50:41 PM
He is in deeper shit than you & me bro leave him alone - dacoin is the best guy in this forum, I mean it...
legendary
January 07, 2014, 08:47:29 PM
Again, this is only 3-6% of what I have, and I'm only selling to pay a big tax bill

3-6% at todays prices gives you back your initial ~1500btc investment.

So basically, all the other 141k MSC is pure profit for you.
legendary
January 07, 2014, 08:30:28 PM
Thank God I made my investment back and I had invested in NXT.
This is doomed...
And I still hold >300MSC and have many friends convinced to invest @0.25
Again NXT saved them (I invested for them there too).

This is probably the end...

(NXT, eMunie and most of all XCP).

The end of what?
The distributed exchange will be launched in a few weeks, this will be the start of Mastercoin.
Selling through the Dist. Exchange would be a better idea for everyone.
Dream on - I have 15 years experience in software houses as a developer (not competent for sure but I know how projects are professionally build).

This is a dead end clusterfuck - I hope I will be proven wrong because I have hundreds MSC at stake...
legendary
Rational Exuberance
January 07, 2014, 08:28:55 PM
It may be a few days before I actually do anything. However and whenever this happens I do NOT plan to dump lots of coins unless I find a big buyer for them. I have no desire to crash the market. I hope that only a few of them will go through the exchanges.

Again, this is only 3-6% of what I have, and I'm only selling to pay a big tax bill and hopefully enable me to spend more time on Mastercoin, because it's such an awesome project!
legendary
January 07, 2014, 08:21:26 PM
This is doomed...

The end of what?
The distributed exchange will be launched in a few weeks.

Not if theres no buy support. The dist exchange is only to buy mastercoin and sell mastercoin. It doesn't make much of a different from centralized exchanges besides the fees. Also, the dist exchange was supposed to come out like a month ago.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
January 07, 2014, 08:19:53 PM
This is doomed...

The end of what?
The distributed exchange will be launched in a few weeks, this will be the start of Mastercoin.
legendary
January 07, 2014, 08:16:43 PM
This is doomed...

Activity: 669
January 07, 2014, 08:13:19 PM
JR, why don't you just sell them through buymastercoin like Ron?
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
January 07, 2014, 08:11:05 PM
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A LARGE CHUNK OF MASTERCOINS WITHOUT MOVING THE MARKET, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Please PM me if you would like to get a large chunk of MSC around current market prices.

Just an idea - maybe think about doing something like an "Exodus selling" - for example - a week sell that anyone can register to buy 10-50 MSC @ 0.1.
this way more new people will be exposed to the MSC community and the MSC "wealth" will be more distributed.
Your making more than X 10 your investment while giving back to the MSC community who put their faith in your project.
legendary
January 07, 2014, 08:02:08 PM
Interesting. I guess the bitmessage sells on mcoin.io are dacoinminster's.

I actually haven't started yet Smiley

oh ok. maybe you should delete the post and just sell silently. It might cause panic. My friend said, "please at least wait for the client to come out"

Right now there is not much buy support. It might be smarter to develop some features, get some buy support, and then sell so the market doesn't get shocked. But of course, ultimately you can do what you want.
legendary
Rational Exuberance
January 07, 2014, 07:59:57 PM

I actually haven't started yet.  Smiley
legendary
January 07, 2014, 07:57:07 PM
legendary
Rational Exuberance
January 07, 2014, 07:35:36 PM
My Mastercoin friends,

Given all the competition we've seen in this field lately, I no longer feel I can afford to wait for a sky-high price I like before selling some Mastercoins and jumping into the fray full-time. (As you all know, I've never sold a single one of my own Mastercoins, and I've been persistently disdainful of the market price so far).

I had a meeting with my tax advisor, and I'm going to have a HUGE tax bill due in April, so even if I wanted to wait longer, I cannot. So, I'm going to commence selling small amounts on the exchanges and see how it goes. Over the next few days, I will be placing small sell orders above the market price on various exchanges. I'm not in a hurry, and you won't see me dumping a lot of coins onto the bids or anything like that.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A LARGE CHUNK OF MASTERCOINS WITHOUT MOVING THE MARKET, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Please PM me if you would like to get a large chunk of MSC around current market prices. For very large purchases (100 BTC+), I may consider selling slightly below market if you can convince me you are making a long-term investment. Several of you have reached out to me in the past asking to make large purchases of this sort, and I told you I wasn't selling. Now I am.

Please don't PM me about small orders (< 5 BTC). You can easily buy those quantities on the exchanges if you like.

I hope to sell 3-6% of my total MSC holdings (5000-10000 MSC). If there is a big buyer right now, I may do it sooner, otherwise it may be later in the year. If I haven't sold them by August 1st 2014, I'll sell more aggressively, as I will have held them for a year and I'll only have to pay long-term capital gain taxes.

I believe very strongly in Mastercoin, but something like 99% of my personal net worth is currently in Mastercoin, and Ron has convinced me that I have to do SOME diversification, especially since that will allow me to quit my dayjob and throw myself headlong down this rabbit hole Smiley

Thanks!

-J.R.

Also posted this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/mastercoin/comments/1uo0ft/buy_mastercoins_directly_from_jr_founder_of/

edit:

Hey guys,

Rather than post updates here, I've decided to keep a public document with my current prices: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eYI_R8leBvV5-UhsTuDi3WqhpMAxiTRvTw8e2m2jpKY/edit?usp=sharing

Check that document out if you are looking to buy a large block of MSC without moving the market.

Thanks!
Activity: 669
January 07, 2014, 07:20:54 PM
I'd like to thank masterxchange for allowing btc deposits with 1 confirmation.
legendary
January 07, 2014, 07:17:12 PM
nice 700 MSC buy wall - wise investment Grin

Wow check this:

Latest orders
Size (msc)   Price (btc/msc)   Date
178.58129353   0.16   08 Jan 00:15:06

Someone is buying lots, lots of MSC =)
Please...
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
January 07, 2014, 07:11:50 PM
nice 700 MSC buy wall - wise investment Grin
Activity: 644
January 07, 2014, 06:57:33 PM
Still selling [email protected]. If anyone is interested, please contact me.
Firesale!  Ol' rottenchris has been dropping prices last two weeks.  What's up rottenchris?  Does your mom have cancer?

WTF?
Keep his crazy ass on ignore. I think he is bi-polar or something.

1NQSMowgQVWprE1dwdbzTwCfFrVXK6sUh2

This guy has really lost faith in mastercoins.

Or is just trying to get a good ROI. Mastercoin seems like a sinking ship lately compared to competitors. You will notice when eMunie presale starts this week, exodus investors are going to be cashing out alot to cash in on eMunie. The price will drop more eating any bid there is.

How much they pay you to post here?

Pages:
Jump to: