Pages:
Author

Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread - page 22. (Read 226671 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance
January 08, 2014, 01:21:52 PM
I REALLY wish I had made this thread self-moderated Sad

Here's another PM exchange:

I want to buy 1000 MSC, ask what you can offer to the price?

That's a large buy! For under 100 BTC I'm quoting 0.2 BTC/MSC. For an order that large, I'd do 0.17 BTC/MSC.

Thanks!
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
January 08, 2014, 01:19:12 PM
You've quoted yourself you twat. I didn't post that. You really are a manipulative ass.
Check again you moron - I didn't post the original content quoted.  Dumbass.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
January 08, 2014, 01:17:16 PM
only selling 3-6% of his stake; a move which will benefit Mastercoin a lot.
6% of JR's holdings amounts to far more than the entire markets sales for the last two months.  It is a HUGE amount.  The price crash is going to be very deep.  I doubt he'd be able to get .07 for 1000MSC.

He just said he wants around 0.2 for his coins. 0.07? Please. Dream on.

It's pretty obvious what you're trying to do here. Fuck off!
January 08, 2014, 01:15:16 PM
only selling 3-6% of his stake; a move which will benefit Mastercoin a lot.
6% of JR's holdings amounts to far more than the entire markets sales for the last two months.  It is a HUGE amount.  The price crash is going to be very deep.  I doubt he'd be able to get .07 for 1000MSC.
January 08, 2014, 01:14:20 PM

Those who were involved in the project were too busy to fool people based on their skills in Google's SEO (buymastercoin.org).
Yeah, that fucking buymastercoin.org was a serious blight on the whole project.  Fuck those guys.  Takes one filthy pig to shit in the food trough and fuck it up for everyone.  

You've quoted yourself you twat. I didn't post that. You really are a manipulative ass.
January 08, 2014, 01:13:26 PM
I'm getting a ton of PMs from interested buyers. This is very good Smiley
Then sell your lot and end the madness.  This slide will take forever to recover.  Now get to work as the CEO and ORGANISE a decent plan to success.  You have the most to lose and the most to gain.  Quit fucking about.
January 08, 2014, 01:12:10 PM

Those who were involved in the project were too busy to fool people based on their skills in Google's SEO (buymastercoin.org).
Yeah, that fucking buymastercoin.org was a serious blight on the whole project.  Fuck those guys.  Takes one filthy pig to shit in the food trough and fuck it up for everyone. 
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
January 08, 2014, 01:07:49 PM
Sorry to send the market bouncing around guys! Most of you seem to get what is going on here, but for those who have any question about my commitment to the project, here is a clarification I just posted on reddit:

Edit:

I'm sorry that the post above did not adequately convey my excitement to get a chance to work on Mastercoin full-time! Ripper is completely correct in his posts below. I have taken a lot of criticisim for not diversifying in the past, and now I am finally doing so, with the added benefit of getting to work on my passion full-time.

As for the concern that people would dump coins on the market and then try to buy them back cheaply from me, I will not sell in such a situation. The price would have to stay down for a long time before I would accept it as a new market equilibrium. I'm very sensitive to the lack of volume on our exchanges, so I'm prepared to wait a long time for the right buyer(s) to come along. There will be no "dumping".

Please keep in mind that this is only a tiny fraction of the Mastercoins I have, and the ONLY reason I'm selling them is to pay pressing bills and get more time in on Mastercoin. I am so excited to be a part of this, and I MUST get more involved!

Thanks!

I strongly support your decision. As i said, the more people get MSC, the more success MSC will be. I missed the MSC Eoxdus time, I do not want to miss this selling time from you. We are gathering a group to buy from you, be patient, it will not affect the market price, we can make a deal in a very good price for all of us, it is a win-win method which will stable the market.

Group buying start here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=405171.new#new
legendary
Rational Exuberance
January 08, 2014, 01:06:47 PM
I'm going to start posting my answers to PMs here for transparency:

Hi,

What price do you have in mind for less than 100 btc trades?

I'm sticking with 0.2 BTC/MSC for now, since the price was there for a long time. If the price stays lower for a few days, I'll go lower.

Hi Mr Mastercoin

I am the guy who -------. I want konw if I want to buy some of your mastercoins which worth 100 BTC,what is the price in MSC/BTC?

cheers

-----

(first I sent same answer)
Then:
Oh sorry, you said 100 BTC. I'd probably give a 20% discount for an order that large, so 0.18 BTC/MSC, assuming you are buying for the long term! Smiley
Then:
Sorry, in too much of a hurry. I meant to say a 10% discount, not 20%. 0.18 BTC/MSC for a 100 BTC order.
legendary
Rational Exuberance
January 08, 2014, 01:00:31 PM
I'm getting a ton of PMs from interested buyers. This is very good Smiley
January 08, 2014, 01:00:03 PM
Sorry to send the market bouncing around guys! Most of you seem to get what is going on here, but for those who have any question about my commitment to the project, here is a clarification I just posted on reddit:

Edit:

I'm sorry that the post above did not adequately convey my excitement to get a chance to work on Mastercoin full-time! Ripper is completely correct in his posts below. I have taken a lot of criticisim for not diversifying in the past, and now I am finally doing so, with the added benefit of getting to work on my passion full-time.

As for the concern that people would dump coins on the market and then try to buy them back cheaply from me, I will not sell in such a situation. The price would have to stay down for a long time before I would accept it as a new market equilibrium. I'm very sensitive to the lack of volume on our exchanges, so I'm prepared to wait a long time for the right buyer(s) to come along. There will be no "dumping".

Please keep in mind that this is only a tiny fraction of the Mastercoins I have, and the ONLY reason I'm selling them is to pay pressing bills and get more time in on Mastercoin. I am so excited to be a part of this, and I MUST get more involved!

Thanks!

+1
legendary
Rational Exuberance
January 08, 2014, 12:56:15 PM

Edit:

Thanks!
January 08, 2014, 12:52:51 PM
I don;t get the panic, all this means is that JR will own less, and masteroin is gradually being less decentralised, this is great!

Too little, too late.
If mastercoin achieves what it could based on the idea. RIght now isn;t late, right now is really early for JR to be releasing the coins,
In normal investment deals, founders are 'locked out' from selling founder shares for a very long time after start up to prevent this sort of crash.  Looks like MSC WAS actually nothing more than a 'pump and dump' all this time.  What a shame.

Are you trying to buy on the cheap? Smiley I'm sorry you've missed the boat at 0.1. Get on with it.

p.s: he's only selling 3-6% of his stake; a move which will benefit Mastercoin a lot.
January 08, 2014, 12:50:34 PM
I don;t get the panic, all this means is that JR will own less, and masteroin is gradually being less decentralised, this is great!

Too little, too late.
If mastercoin achieves what it could based on the idea. RIght now isn;t late, right now is really early for JR to be releasing the coins,
In normal investment deals, founders are 'locked out' from selling founder shares for a very long time after start up to prevent this sort of crash.  Looks like MSC WAS actually nothing more than a 'pump and dump' all this time.  What a shame.
January 08, 2014, 12:49:12 PM
DarkEmi i like the change you made to https://masterxchange.com/market.php
keep up the good work!

What change is that?
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
January 08, 2014, 12:46:57 PM
DarkEmi i like the change you made to masterxchange
keep up the good work!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
January 08, 2014, 11:43:33 AM
My Mastercoin friends,

Given all the competition we've seen in this field lately, I no longer feel I can afford to wait for a sky-high price I like before selling some Mastercoins and jumping into the fray full-time. (As you all know, I've never sold a single one of my own Mastercoins, and I've been persistently disdainful of the market price so far).

I had a meeting with my tax advisor, and I'm going to have a HUGE tax bill due in April, so even if I wanted to wait longer, I cannot. So, I'm going to commence selling small amounts on the exchanges and see how it goes. Over the next few days, I will be placing small sell orders above the market price on various exchanges. I'm not in a hurry, and you won't see me dumping a lot of coins onto the bids or anything like that.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A LARGE CHUNK OF MASTERCOINS WITHOUT MOVING THE MARKET, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Please PM me if you would like to get a large chunk of MSC around current market prices. For very large purchases (100 BTC+), I may consider selling slightly below market if you can convince me you are making a long-term investment. Several of you have reached out to me in the past asking to make large purchases of this sort, and I told you I wasn't selling. Now I am.

Please don't PM me about small orders (< 5 BTC). You can easily buy those quantities on the exchanges if you like.

I hope to sell 3-6% of my total MSC holdings (5000-10000 MSC). If there is a big buyer right now, I may do it sooner, otherwise it may be later in the year. If I haven't sold them by August 1st 2014, I'll sell more aggressively, as I will have held them for a year and I'll only have to pay long-term capital gain taxes.

I believe very strongly in Mastercoin, but something like 99% of my personal net worth is currently in Mastercoin, and Ron has convinced me that I have to do SOME diversification, especially since that will allow me to quit my dayjob and throw myself headlong down this rabbit hole Smiley

Thanks!

-J.R.

Also posted this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/mastercoin/comments/1uo0ft/buy_mastercoins_directly_from_jr_founder_of/

If there are people can buy all the Mastercoins by a group, I think it will not impact the market price. If you are crazy to MSC, join in the group buying MSC from J.R., let's buy MSC one time from him to solve J.R.'s personal financial problem. And make the MSC in a stable price, this is a win-win method. Let's discuss. Group buying start here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=405171.new#new
January 08, 2014, 11:24:17 AM
About full time Devs - Protoshares top dev and co-founder/CEO was tricked out of his stake and thrown out from his own project. He's now starting Protoshares from scratch as "Ethereum".  
You mean Vitalik Buterin?

What's the story with him and PTS? I always thought Dan and Stan Larimer were the only founders.

Charles Hoskinson http://www.linkedin.com/pub/charles-hoskinson/29/983/662

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4273181

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4285810

Activity: 669
Merit: 500
January 08, 2014, 11:06:47 AM

Not really.

They've offered a cash bounty to first exchange to adopt Mastercoin. That stimulated devs to create it.

Not at all. We were not awarded any bounty for creating the exchange, as there was none at this time. But hey, I still like the foundation Smiley

The foundation did however hand us a 400$ bounty for reporting an issue with the simple send, thanks to ron & his team.

I have seen Dominik do a lot of awesome communication as well, so there's that also.

Meanwhile, the price has been going from 0.2 to 0.08 back to 0.16 during the same day. Exciting times Smiley

Someone got some 0.063 coins.
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010
January 08, 2014, 11:03:10 AM
About full time Devs - Protoshares top dev and co-founder/CEO was tricked out of his stake and thrown out from his own project. He's now starting Protoshares from scratch as "Ethereum".  
You mean Vitalik Buterin?

What's the story with him and PTS? I always thought Dan and Stan Larimer were the only founders.
Pages:
Jump to: