Pages:
Author

Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread - page 9. (Read 226647 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
January 24, 2014, 03:05:38 PM
worked for JR, should work for you !
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
January 23, 2014, 06:12:00 PM
Learned a new term, didn't know what a troll box was and had to search for it. Now I know it's the chat window I really liked on Coingrounds, the short-lived PTS exchange. I loved it. It was a lot of fun and very informative watching the real time commentary on the trading by different types of stakeholders, along with my occasional question getting quick answers.

AFAIK it really got popularity from btc-e - speaking of masses control done via manipulators there...

it's people yelling buy or sell like they would on the floor of a normal exchange, i actually found it really helpful to trading to see the sentiment.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
January 23, 2014, 03:33:55 PM
Learned a new term, didn't know what a troll box was and had to search for it. Now I know it's the chat window I really liked on Coingrounds, the short-lived PTS exchange. I loved it. It was a lot of fun and very informative watching the real time commentary on the trading by different types of stakeholders, along with my occasional question getting quick answers.

AFAIK it really got popularity from btc-e - speaking of masses control done via manipulators there...
Activity: 448
black swan hunter
January 23, 2014, 02:58:59 PM
Fully noted and everything is on the todo list Smiley

Rest assured we really want to have a trollbox on the front page xD

i'm so excited by this.

legendary
January 23, 2014, 11:29:55 AM
So I came up with this the other day after thinking about burning money and chinese new year.  

I haven't really got a lot of comments on it, but if you all think it is kind of cheesy or dumb I would at least like to know that.  And I'm not Chinese I just was given one of these red envelopes and a moon cake once.  So I thought why not bring this into the digital money era? But who knows if it would fly.

the user flow mock up is here:
http://app.mockflow.com/view/1e029bcb840fcc474732305098560e38

and most of the code to do this is here:

https://github.com/dexX7/mastercoin-faucet

maybe there is some FB api stuff missing on getting list of friends and Dexx needs some help on FB authentication to detect scammers with new/fake accounts
legendary
January 23, 2014, 11:23:19 AM

i'm so excited by this.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
January 23, 2014, 01:29:57 AM
Market prices are up 50% in three days.  Buying opportunity (at insanely low prices) is now closed.  Back to regular price soon (.25)  After the DEx is proved working, will hit .50 in two weeks. 

Is Terpin preparing a news flurry on this?  Maybe his friend can post a blog for another $18K?

well someone guess right..

MSC in the news again

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2014/01/21/bitcoin-platform/

and another one..  [Suspicious link removed]j.com/articles/BL-VCDB-13876
Nice story.  Interesting topic.  Good press coverage. 
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
January 22, 2014, 11:31:45 PM
can the exchange show on the first page the price graph, the bids and asks, and also a troll box?

I second that. The landing page is just... useless (and horrible).
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
Institute of Advance Blockchain Research
January 22, 2014, 09:15:29 PM
Market prices are up 50% in three days.  Buying opportunity (at insanely low prices) is now closed.  Back to regular price soon (.25)  After the DEx is proved working, will hit .50 in two weeks. 

Is Terpin preparing a news flurry on this?  Maybe his friend can post a blog for another $18K?

well someone guess right..

MSC in the news again

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2014/01/21/bitcoin-platform/

and another one..   http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/BL-VCDB-13876
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
January 22, 2014, 07:43:08 PM

thanks for the quick withdrawals on the exchange  Wink
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
January 22, 2014, 01:02:25 PM

legendary
January 22, 2014, 12:47:52 PM
We did another update on masterXchange.

- Improved history of trades
- Option to receive emails on trade (under "account settings")

And lots of minor changes.

i know i will get some negative comments on this feature request... i'm okay with that.  so here goes:

can the exchange show on the first page the price graph, the bids and asks, and also a troll box?

I know, I know but I have such fond memories of the trollbox on btce and i think it really helped people learn about crypto and develop a sense of community.  i got a lot of advice (good) on there how to build my litecoin miners, how to create p2pool server, etc

maybe let people who have enough trading volume post emoticons?

okay maybe not that far...
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1002
January 22, 2014, 12:39:00 PM
Very much appreciated
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
January 22, 2014, 12:30:20 PM
We did another update on masterXchange.

- Improved history of trades

And lots of minor changes.
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
January 22, 2014, 07:36:25 AM
I don't argue the importance of being listed on exchanges, by the contrary. I guess you need to ask yourself why a joke coin like Doge managed to get listed on so many exchanges while Mastercoin didn't have much success in doing so. Perhaps it's an issue that needs a quick fix.

As the maker of an exchange that accepts Mastercoin, I'd say Dogecoin is accepted on so many exchanges because, as a clone of bitcoin, it requires almost no workload to add to an exchange that already trades several Bitcoin clones. Mastercoin on the other hand, requires specific development for deposits and withdrawals, and there is no official client yet. No amount of marketing will change that at this point.

Good!  I don't want MSC being lumped in together with scam coins Dogecoin and NXT.  Only the heavy speculators are involved with that crap.  Those things are going to blow up spectacularly.  There is nothing behind those scam coins.  People who throw money at that garbage will get what they deserve.  We don't want that speculation money running the MSC prices up and down all over the place.  "pump and dump" projects are great for those people.  A different sort of people are involved with MSC.  People in MSC have a completely different goal than those with Dogecoin and NXT.  MSC people are trying to build something.  Putting lipstick on a pig only tricks those who can't see past the shiny red lips. 
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
January 22, 2014, 06:28:34 AM
I don't argue the importance of being listed on exchanges, by the contrary. I guess you need to ask yourself why a joke coin like Doge managed to get listed on so many exchanges while Mastercoin didn't have much success in doing so. Perhaps it's an issue that needs a quick fix.

As the maker of an exchange that accepts Mastercoin, I'd say Dogecoin is accepted on so many exchanges because, as a clone of bitcoin, it requires almost no workload to add to an exchange that already trades several Bitcoin clones. Mastercoin on the other hand, requires specific development for deposits and withdrawals, and there is no official client yet. No amount of marketing will change that at this point.
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
January 22, 2014, 03:54:29 AM
Exactly. Maybe you could say that 99% of people are stupid, but I for one, still want their money.

The fact they are buying coins is a very strong contribution to the development efforts.

You guys need to get a good marketing guy on board. Marketing efforts have been very poor so far.

Holy crap!  What is with the pump and dump mentality?  Dogecoin - really?  When the crash comes, that thing is going to fall to zero in two days.  There is no function in that silly 'coin'.  It is all scam. 

Hype doesn't help MSC. 'Marketing' doesn't do anything but artificially raise the price.  Who wants that?  Speculators.  I want the MSC price rise because the damn thing works and brings new function to cryptocurrencies.  Let NXT and Doge exceed MSC in market cap - that isn't a measure of success - it is a measure of hype.  Without shame, Doge has no underlying functionality.  At least NXT is pretending to be backed by a dynamic coin.  They both will burn out soon.  Even the NXT logo is on fire. 

I agree MSC does not need any marketing. In my opinion it may actually hinder development if the direction of this project is influenced by "promoters".
legendary
January 21, 2014, 06:43:13 PM

This only makes sense if you'd like to attract silly speculators and mathematical cripples to the community.  Let them migrate to NXT and Dogecoin.  Those folks make no contribution whatever.  

While I see your point and understand where you're coming from, I can't agree with you one bit.

The fact they are buying coins is a very strong contribution to the development efforts. A lost opportunity for Mastercoin. Doge Coin will soon surpass MSC market cap. What a joke that will be.

You guys need to get a good marketing guy on board. Marketing efforts have been very poor so far. Thank god for Ron's presentations otherwise very few would have heard about Mastercoin.

The reason why Doge will surpass Mastercoin is because it is actually listed on exchanges people use and there is a wide wealth distribution.  The exchange issue is the same for NXT.  When people do not have wallets and exchanges to use to actually obtain coins it is pointless to throw tons of money to marketing.  In fact just 2 months ago people were complaining about spending just 18k on a PR firm.

One can see here that the traffic to the website and social media is on par with similar coins, sometimes even higher, however none of this traffic gets converted into wallet users and therefor buyers on exchanges, because the software is till being developed.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1F0sz4g5D5RxnwJuFgTe5No1l1WDH8Qmij9Ys1rbJ9LQ/pub?w=6663&h=2874

The dogecoin tech is a straight up knockoff of litecoin code, it probably takes about 15 minutes for my mother to integrate it into any other software that's been integrated with bitcoind or litecoind JSON RPC api.

Mastercoin on the other hand is implementing new features and so it has a unique API.

We have had a few exchanges that wanted to put MSC in but we ran into a few problems 1) API was not ready 2) wallets/code had not been tested (happening now!) 3) because of 1 and 2 doing it like how masterxchange did it (Bless their hearts) would have taken a couple smart guys putting in a few weeks and testing.  See this: http://wiki.mastercoin.org/index.php/Exchange_%26_Wallet_Integration_Guide

There are a lot of people working on this and it will happen.  Unfortunately there is no quick fix unless you are willing to invest a few 100 G's into some places  https://angel.co/payward-kraken/fundraising  or just wait it out for the testing and API. 
Activity: 294
January 21, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

This only makes sense if you'd like to attract silly speculators and mathematical cripples to the community.  Let them migrate to NXT and Dogecoin.  Those folks make no contribution whatever.  

While I see your point and understand where you're coming from, I can't agree with you one bit.

The fact they are buying coins is a very strong contribution to the development efforts. A lost opportunity for Mastercoin. Doge Coin will soon surpass MSC market cap. What a joke that will be.

You guys need to get a good marketing guy on board. Marketing efforts have been very poor so far. Thank god for Ron's presentations otherwise very few would have heard about Mastercoin.

The reason why Doge will surpass Mastercoin is because it is actually listed on exchanges people use and there is a wide wealth distribution.  The exchange issue is the same for NXT.  When people do not have wallets and exchanges to use to actually obtain coins it is pointless to throw tons of money to marketing.  In fact just 2 months ago people were complaining about spending just 18k on a PR firm.

One can see here that the traffic to the website and social media is on par with similar coins, sometimes even higher, however none of this traffic gets converted into wallet users and therefor buyers on exchanges, because the software is till being developed.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1F0sz4g5D5RxnwJuFgTe5No1l1WDH8Qmij9Ys1rbJ9LQ/pub?w=6663&h=2874

legendary
January 21, 2014, 06:13:48 PM

Pages:
Jump to: