Pages:
Author

Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address” - page 9. (Read 448418 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Counterparty vs. Mastercoin: I am invested in both, and I think the space is big enough that we don't have to pick sides. But calling Counterparty a "copycat" isn't a good criticism, since Mastercoin is open-source (which is very important!) and it's not really about who came up with the ideas first, but who is implementing them more quickly and effectively.

I agree it's very good that Mastercoin has institutional investors, but it's not only about how much money you have backing the project, it's also how many features you have, and Counterparty objectively has more features right now. Actually, you don't want the money to get too far ahead of the project, or else there will be a more drastic reaction if the project fails to make good on what it promises.

Calling Counterparty a "copycat" is calling it as it is. They've copied Mastercoin down to smallest details and Mastercoin's idea of using BTC blockchain.

I agree that space is big enough to allow for more competitors to emerge and competition is healthy.

Please name these specific features Counterparty has right now.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
This comes off as very defensive and your competitors obviously don't have a long way to catch up with you: Counterparty already has features which you don't intend to have for another 3-6 months. Your attacks just sound ad hominem, and since Mastercoin still has consensus issues and never actually did any testing on testnet, it seems pretty absurd to call their stuff "half baked".

It looks very bad from a PR perspective to be so inflammatory in your "criticisms" of other projects.
I strongly disagree. Ad hominems actually target the person/entity not specific facts relevant to the discussion, to which dacoinminster pointed out.

I strongly disagree about your assessment and the way you see the PR.

As an investor, don't like to see a bunch of softy weasel like pussies in charge of a project. I like to see strong determination and self confidence. I also like to see devs taking charge and calling out cheap copy-cats like Counterparty. This is what investors like to see: leadership, confidence and a clear vision.

Mastercoin, has at the moment, huge advantage over most of the other coins. I actually think it was somewhat a mistake to keep such low profile for these past few months, because many investors got scammed into investing in these 2.0 so called alternatives that won't be going anywhere. This money could have gone into Mastercoin to generate more growth.

The other projects, like Ethereum and others, have taken turns at discrediting Mastercoin in various way a number of times. This has to be addressed heads on, without beating it around the bush. If you don't, they'll walk all over you, taking money that could find a place in Mastercoin. Thank god that institutional investors, like the ones dacoinminster  mentioned are not as easily fooled as casual retail investors, that would fork money for any BS that has a bit of glam and no substance.

I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and maybe more people agree with you than with me about how the devs should talk about other projects, I honestly don't know.

As for Counterparty vs. Mastercoin: I am invested in both, and I think the space is big enough that we don't have to pick sides. But calling Counterparty a "copycat" isn't a good criticism, since Mastercoin is open-source (which is very important!) and it's not really about who came up with the ideas first, but who is implementing them more quickly and effectively.

I agree it's very good that Mastercoin has institutional investors, but it's not only about how much money you have backing the project, it's also how many features you have, and Counterparty objectively has more features right now. Actually, you don't want the money to get too far ahead of the project, or else there will be a more drastic reaction if the project fails to make good on what it promises.
This comes off as very defensive and your competitors obviously don't have a long way to catch up with you: Counterparty already has features which you don't intend to have for another 3-6 months. Your attacks just sound ad hominem, and since Mastercoin still has consensus issues and never actually did any testing on testnet, it seems pretty absurd to call their stuff "half baked".

It looks very bad from a PR perspective to be so inflammatory in your "criticisms" of other projects.
I strongly disagree. Ad hominems actually target the person/entity not specific facts relevant to the discussion, to which dacoinminster pointed out.

I strongly disagree about your assessment and the way you see the PR.

As an investor, don't like to see a bunch of softy weasel like pussies in charge of a project. I like to see strong determination and self confidence. I also like to see devs taking charge and calling out cheap copy-cats like Counterparty. This is what investors like to see: leadership, confidence and a clear vision.

Mastercoin, has at the moment, huge advantage over most of the other coins. I actually think it was somewhat a mistake to keep such low profile for these past few months, because many investors got fooled into investing in these 2.0 so called alternatives that won't be going anywhere. This money could have gone into Mastercoin to generate more growth.

The other projects, like Ethereum and others, have taken turns at discrediting Mastercoin in various way a number of times. This has to be addressed heads on, without beating it around the bush. If you don't, they'll walk all over you, taking money that could find a place in Mastercoin. Thank god that institutional investors, like the ones dacoinminster  mentioned are not as easily fooled as casual retail investors, that would fork money for any BS that has a bit of glam and no substance.

Even though, we've heard sweet talk about collaboration between projects, at the end of the day all these 2.0s are strong competitors for same amount of market share and from what I've seen so far the other projects are not afraid to pull any punches.
You all know (or should know) that venture capital groups have lined up millions of dollars to pour into MSC-based initiatives. The Houstan hack-a-thon was completely dominated by Mastercoin projects. Probably 90% of the projects being worked on were targeted at MSC. Our competitors consist of several systems which have a long way to go to catch up with us, and one knock-off which literally forked our spec and rushed some half-baked stuff out the door.

I'm not saying that our project can rest on our laurels, but rather that we have the momentum right now, and we don't intend to lose it.

Got a warm fuzzy feeling reading this post. It really made my day. This is the type of "master" attitude you want to see from someone in charge of the project.

Now you need to focus/direct this moment of clarity towards changing a few minds out here, because many people drank the Kool-aid of these copy-cats, including Let's talk bitcoin, among others.
Activity: 70
Regarding UI:

Yes, you need to read the instructions (tutorial) to use Masterchain web wallet. Sorry, it simply works differently than what you may be used to. This is mostly because Masterchain chose an unusual security model. However, within a few minutes, you'll have an "a ha!" moment and be off to the races. I have personally found it to be quite usable once I understood what was going on.

Please DO open issues on each of the github repos. We're devoting the remainder of March to making these wallets easier to use. Like Ron, I hope that omniwallet will be easier for casual users to use (won't require you to skim a tutorial before you can get started).

Regarding dEX:

Bitcoin/MSC trading is one-sided because posting a MSC buy order means nothing (it is unenforceable at best, spam at worst). Sure, you can signal your intention to buy MSC with BTC, but nobody can actually make you do it.

Once you are in the MSC ecosystem, order books are two-sided, and are automatically matched as you would hope.

Regarding speed of progress:

We've chosen to be more decentralized, with more implementations, and that means more time. Consequently we have a lot of beneficial cross-checking and redundancy (both technical and legal redundancy). However, we are narrowing down our number of officially supported implementations as we go forward to one PC wallet and one web wallet, as we have realized that the time sink of maintaining all these implementations is just too high.

I'm personally very happy with our progress. I realize it looks slow from the outside, but we are simply doing more, and our final product will be better for it.

You all know (or should know) that venture capital groups have lined up millions of dollars to pour into MSC-based initiatives. The Houstan hack-a-thon was completely dominated by Mastercoin projects. Probably 90% of the projects being worked on were targeted at MSC. Our competitors consist of several systems which have a long way to go to catch up with us, and one knock-off which literally forked our spec and rushed some half-baked stuff out the door.

I'm not saying that our project can rest on our laurels, but rather that we have the momentum right now, and we don't intend to lose it.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance
Regarding UI:

Yes, you need to read the instructions (tutorial) to use Masterchain web wallet. Sorry, it simply works differently than what you may be used to. This is mostly because Masterchain chose an unusual security model. However, within a few minutes, you'll have an "a ha!" moment and be off to the races. I have personally found it to be quite usable once I understood what was going on.

Please DO open issues on each of the github repos. We're devoting the remainder of March to making these wallets easier to use. Like Ron, I hope that omniwallet will be easier for casual users to use (won't require you to skim a tutorial before you can get started).

Regarding dEX:

Bitcoin/MSC trading is one-sided because posting a MSC buy order means nothing (it is unenforceable at best, spam at worst). Sure, you can signal your intention to buy MSC with BTC, but nobody can actually make you do it.

Once you are in the MSC ecosystem, order books are two-sided, and are automatically matched as you would hope.

Regarding speed of progress:

We've chosen to be more decentralized, with more implementations, and that means more time. Consequently we have a lot of beneficial cross-checking and redundancy (both technical and legal redundancy). However, we are narrowing down our number of officially supported implementations as we go forward to one PC wallet and one web wallet, as we have realized that the time sink of maintaining all these implementations is just too high.

I'm personally very happy with our progress. I realize it looks slow from the outside, but we are simply doing more, and our final product will be better for it.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

Alright, it's pretty disappointing that after so many months that still isn't an easy to use wallet. What's the ETA for an alpha release of Omniwallet?
I'm dissapointed too. I was hoping for more.

I think that one of the key wins we have after these months is ... we finally got a development rythm going, and understand a lot better where we want to be in 1 week, 3 months, 6 months.

The development speed of the Omniwallet has been incredible, and we're going to pick up speed and consistency in the upcoming weeks. We are finally starting to enter a weekly scrum cycle, are focusing our development efforts into 2 wallets instead of 4, and have a clear idea of where we're headed.

True, it would have been nice to have better wallets at this point in time. However please remember it's a marathon, not a sprint, and we learned a ton from the last months ... and that the key product of a startup is validated learning (read 'validated learning' in The Lean Startup).

That's all well and good, but you're still starting from scratch... again. If it takes Mastercoin over 7 months just to "get a development rythm going", how can it possibly compete?

No one said anything about "starting from scratch".

v0.0.1 of Omniwallet was released 10 days ago. How many projects (wallets, parsers, explorers) has the Mastercoin project begun and suddenly abandoned? But I'm sure this one will be awesome.

The more variations of things out there and experimented with, the better. Give it time, everything is getting better and better.
zbx
Activity: 64

Alright, it's pretty disappointing that after so many months that still isn't an easy to use wallet. What's the ETA for an alpha release of Omniwallet?

I think that one of the key wins we have after these months is ... we finally got a development rythm going, and understand a lot better where we want to be in 1 week, 3 months, 6 months.

The development speed of the Omniwallet has been incredible, and we're going to pick up speed and consistency in the upcoming weeks. We are finally starting to enter a weekly scrum cycle, are focusing our development efforts into 2 wallets instead of 4, and have a clear idea of where we're headed.

True, it would have been nice to have better wallets at this point in time. However please remember it's a marathon, not a sprint, and we learned a ton from the last months ... and that the key product of a startup is validated learning (read 'validated learning' in The Lean Startup).

That's all well and good, but you're still starting from scratch... again. If it takes Mastercoin over 7 months just to "get a development rythm going", how can it possibly compete?

v0.0.1 of Omniwallet was released 10 days ago. How many projects (wallets, parsers, explorers) has the Mastercoin project begun and suddenly abandoned? But I'm sure this one will be awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Master Sub Zero
When the price will increase?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024
Grin thank you very much
      that mean is: i need more bitcoin in my address,about 0.000341 BTC...
      thank you again . very very much ..you are good man , l love you Grin

Haha thanks... Grin Cheesy

Please tell, if you need anything else. We are here to help. Smiley
Activity: 285
Hehe, I see you used the faucet! Wink

Okay, the problem here is that you need some Bitcoins there, because you actually send a Bitcoin transaction which includes the Mastercoin data. If it's a simple send, then you'd need about 0.000341 BTC (probably a little less) in that address, if I'm not mistaken.

This is how a simple send transaction would look like:

https://blockchain.info/tx/5d78eeace44ed05d6cc1642c00ba1d6be4cd666d5dce870b9cff15a624929b48

Here is some explanation about the involved amounts. What we are dealing with is a "class B" transaction:

https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec#appendix-e---understanding-the-cost-of-master-protocol-messages
Grin thank you very much
      that mean is: i need more bitcoin in my address,about 0.000341 BTC...
      thank you again . very very much ..you are good man , l love you Grin

zbx
Activity: 64

legendary
Hehe, I see you used the faucet! Wink

Okay, the problem here is that you need some Bitcoins there, because you actually send a Bitcoin transaction which includes the Mastercoin data. If it's a simple send, then you'd need about 0.000341 BTC (probably a little less) in that address, if I'm not mistaken.

This is how a simple send transaction would look like:

https://blockchain.info/tx/5d78eeace44ed05d6cc1642c00ba1d6be4cd666d5dce870b9cff15a624929b48

Here is some explanation about the involved amounts. What we are dealing with is a "class B" transaction:

https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec#appendix-e---understanding-the-cost-of-master-protocol-messages
when i Create sell offer, i input public key"044aac0598ebeb77c9ded3962de1369a8dc0938e97a62186dd863f01a6c135f8ceb4c9eba705176 f624026602cbc42d015bc98dae54717252a3fdee10c3d1f8382" ,it is ok .but "prepare" is :invalid address

Do you have a blank char/space within this address?

Try to copy this line:

Code:
044aac0598ebeb77c9ded3962de1369a8dc0938e97a62186dd863f01a6c135f8ceb4c9eba705176f624026602cbc42d015bc98dae54717252a3fdee10c3d1f8382

i have not a blank char/space within this address.

when i "Send coins"(send msc), i input public key"044aac0598ebeb77c9ded3962de1369a8dc0938e97a62186dd863f01a6c135f8ceb4c9eba705176 f624026602cbc42d015bc98dae54717252a3fdee10c3d1f8382" ,it is ok . but "prepare" is :Not enough bitcoin funds on address.
 Shocked
whatever,thank you again. very much!

i have 0.0000546btc (or 0.0025msc) at this address. Grin
when i Create sell offer, i input public key"044aac0598ebeb77c9ded3962de1369a8dc0938e97a62186dd863f01a6c135f8ceb4c9eba705176 f624026602cbc42d015bc98dae54717252a3fdee10c3d1f8382" ,it is ok .but "prepare" is :invalid address

Try to copy this line:

Code:
044aac0598ebeb77c9ded3962de1369a8dc0938e97a62186dd863f01a6c135f8ceb4c9eba705176f624026602cbc42d015bc98dae54717252a3fdee10c3d1f8382

i have not a blank char/space within this address.

when i "Send coins"(send msc), i input public key"044aac0598ebeb77c9ded3962de1369a8dc0938e97a62186dd863f01a6c135f8ceb4c9eba705176 f624026602cbc42d015bc98dae54717252a3fdee10c3d1f8382" ,it is ok . but "prepare" is :Not enough bitcoin funds on address.
 Shocked
whatever,thank you again. very much!
legendary

Try to copy this line:

Code:
Can you tell me what you put in the fields or make a screenshot? Of course per PM is fine. I'll take a look and try to help.

Did you already see this video tutorial? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_gOu566EOU

You can probably skip the first half of the video and start at 5:33. Edit: this video is about sending MSC.

Edit: there is also one about buying and selling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJyQATQx3Y

legendary
Can you tell me what you put in the fields or make a screenshot? Of course per PM is fine. I'll take a look and try to help.

Did you already see this video tutorial? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_gOu566EOU

You can probably skip the first half of the video and start at 5:33. Edit: this video is about sending MSC.

Edit: there is also one about buying and selling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJyQATQx3Y
thanks. i use blockchain-wallet,can i use this wallet? only btc-qt?

I don't use the blockchain.info wallet, but I think I found a way: Can you go to your blockchain.info wallet - "Receive Money" and then click on "Actions" right from your address? There should be an option called "Show Public Key". A line like this should appear:

Code:
Public Key of 15Aw7uyrpqchpA8oQbNAYAgRUsE4AyzFPD is 04d2d0fc5e3454bf657ae18af06538e0b00907d760c080a5461dee53cfef0a5e79f6e98b552bc463c5be7f639d38ab9eca07541257f1a97d916a38210ac7b776eb

The last long thing (which will start with 02, 03 or 04) is your public key! Smiley

yes,it is. i get it .than ? how i use this at msc-web-wallet?
 thank you  very much.

Grin it is ok!! i input public key(not add)

but "prepare" :invalid address  !   Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: