Pages:
Author

Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address” - page 6. (Read 448418 times)

Activity: 285
Merit: 250
@ Mastercoin

Price is tanking,

Investors need confidence

Please try aspire confidence of this project, in any way possible

Countdown/ revealing secret progress/ who knows,

Sooner than later

Thanks

The obvious advantages Mastercoin has are not clearly presented in a digestible format. The list of upcoming Dex is really impressive and will make Mastercoin the best 2.0 to be on. Most investors are not really aware. You have to skim the blog entries and piece a lot of information together to make sense of that.

The main .org website doesn't say any of this, in a clear cut sort of way. I'd say a new consolidated website is in order. One they have for the moment is still based on the pre-release stuff with some new additions but it doesn't present people the full picture.

This makes Mastercoin a very undervalued coin because for many people the presentation is important. Mastercoin suffers in this area. The package sells the product as they say.

Main website needs to be much more appealing. Now it looks like an academic website rather than one meant for actually living, breathing everyday users. Highest focal point of website should be smart property. When people click that they are sent to a mastercoin wiki page. Dedicated sections like white paper and such should be removed. No one cares about "whitepapers" and even knows wtf that is except some radical geeks which is not target audience. Keep stuff like "whitepaper" in consolidated wikis where casual users don't get to see this dorky pimpled face ugliness plastered all over the place. Mastercoin needs to be more like Apple and less like Microsoft in its presentation. At the moment looks more like NASA, so it's not even close to Microsoft.

If you have good cash reserve, which Counterparty and others don't have, make full use of it and don't use some crappy basement dweller web designer that does it cheap. Get some good talent to design the website, preferably someone with artistic inclinations with proven track record. You want polished and effective website that draws people in, not some geeky made crappy website like Counterparty has for example that looks like Github. Just commission a kick-ass website to blow the others out of the water. This should boost Mastercoin valuation like crazy and bring it closer to its real value.

+10000!!!!
Ron Gross :Thanks for this Herp,

Redoing the website is in our Q2 plans.

https://trello.com/b/DzHG5qJY/roadmap

We are already starting to think about this. There is plenty of good stuff in the works, most of that is public, but we can always improve in the way we present things.

Dominik Ży, Yuval Bergman, care to reply?

I will remind you again that Mastercoin is a long term project. We are truly making tremendous progress each week that passes by. I am so proud to be a part of this team.

http://blog.mastercoin.org/.../a-note-about-the-price-of.../

Roadmap
trello.com
Activity: 476
Just like NXT, XCP and so many other altcoin communities, you became too greedy too fast.

Whereas you were greedy too slow?
You entire post seems to be a wail that no-one will see you really cheap coins so you can start making 1000% profit as well.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
Way too little people are into Mastercoin right now and I don't see that changing unless price adjusts downwards, to allow new investors to get on
the train at some reasonable levels. Not so long ago one could get MSC at 0.01 (burn period) and price was already at levels where 1000% profits
were possible so how much more money you early adopters wanna make? By insisting on still high price and thus not allowing new investors to get
some MSC at price levels where you'd make decent profits anyway you are shoting yourself in the leg, really. The same goes for NXT, XCP and most
other altcoins where there is no justification for high price except your greed. With PoW coins there is a strong relation between price and energy
used for mining, if one invests X dollars then it makes no sense to sell mined coins for (much) less dollars but with PoS altcoins, MSC and XCP what
exactly is the cost to run the show? Practically zero. Utility alone does not justify high price neither at least not at this stage but you people act like
Mastercoin already is something of epic proportions. No, it is not. Dozen of you holding coins and refusing to take profit unless you'd make 1000%
or higher profit will isolate yourself from everyone else except maybe stupid investors and speculators. Anyone else who missed burn period just
don't have a good reason to invest in MSC. Of course, you can stay stuborn and trade MSC inside your small group but keep in mind you are not
going anywhere with such approach because no one outside of your group really gives a shit about your prescious overpriced coins. You can add
whatever new feature you want to Mastercoin but, as proven by recently added decentralized exchange and as proven by prices of NXT and XCP,
there will be no price explosion.

Just like NXT, XCP and so many other altcoin communities, you became too greedy too fast.
Activity: 294
@ Mastercoin

Price is tanking,

Sooner than later

Thanks

The obvious advantages Mastercoin has are not clearly presented in a digestible format. The list of upcoming Dex is really impressive and will make Mastercoin the best 2.0 to be on. Most investors are not really aware. You have to skim the blog entries and piece a lot of information together to make sense of that.

The main .org website doesn't say any of this, in a clear cut sort of way. I'd say a new consolidated website is in order. One they have for the moment is still based on the pre-release stuff with some new additions but it doesn't present people the full picture.

This makes Mastercoin a very undervalued coin because for many people the presentation is important. Mastercoin suffers in this area.         The package sells the product, as they say.

Main website needs to be much more appealing. Now it looks like an academic website rather than one meant for actually living, breathing everyday users. Highest focal point of website should be smart property. When people click that they are sent to a mastercoin wiki page. Dedicated sections like white paper and such should be removed. No one cares about "whitepapers" and even knows wtf that is except some radical geeks which is not target audience. Keep stuff like "whitepaper" in consolidated wikis where casual users don't get to see this dorky pimpled face ugliness plastered all over the place. Mastercoin needs to be more like Apple and less like Microsoft in its presentation. At the moment looks more like NASA, so it's not even close to Microsoft.

If you have good cash reserve, which Counterparty and others don't have, make full use of it and don't use some crappy basement dweller web designer that does it cheap. Get some good talent to design the website, preferably someone with artistic inclinations with proven track record. You want polished and effective website that draws people in, not some geeky made crappy website like Counterparty has for example that looks like Github. Just commission a kick-ass website to blow the others out of the water. This should boost Mastercoin valuation like crazy and bring it closer to its real value.

I am so glad this resulted from my comment

@Mastercoin, please take note and act on Herp analysis and improvement, he's on the ball here

Yes, your comment triggered it.  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
@ Mastercoin

Price is tanking,

Sooner than later

Thanks

This makes Mastercoin a very undervalued coin because for many people the presentation is important. Mastercoin suffers in this area.         The package sells the product, as they say.

I am so glad this resulted from my comment

@Mastercoin, please take note and act on Herp analysis and improvement, he's on the ball here
@ Mastercoin

Price is tanking,

Sooner than later

Thanks

legendary
@ Mastercoin

Price is tanking,

Investors/Mastercoin holders need confidence

Please try aspire confidence, in any way possible

Sooner than later

Thanks
Almost ready? When they've only released screenshots? Not sure I would call that almost ready.
An Alpha stage wallet you can actually use beats the hell out of screenshots.

Yeah, Omniwallet is a web wallet.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
I personally have zero BTC invested in Mastercoin, and several BTC invested in Counterparty. I'm not rich by any mention of the word, from what I've seen Counterparty appears to be ahead specifically where it counts, but I have nothing against Mastercoin. Who knows maybe I'm wrong. Have you seen the screenshots of the Counterparty Web Wallet ? Good God, it looks like it was crafted by someone with some serious skills. I've seen a few complaints about the usability of the Mastercoin web wallet. I would invest in Mastercoin at least a little, but the price seems high to get decent ROI; however I assume that would be moot point if the meat of Mastercoin plans come to fruition.

You're confused. Complaints you've seen were about the off-line wallets like Masterchest and this online wallet https://masterchain.info/ People (myself included) were complaining about these two for not being user friendly enough.

However, you're praising Counterparty for their web wallet that no one got their hands on, screenshot only, while Mastercoin has a user friendly wallet called Omniwallet in alpha stage https://test.omniwallet.org/ which you can already try out.

Alpha stage test wallet(web?) vs almost ready independent web wallet. + 80% lastyear Q3-this year Q4 hype stage with some working functions vs almost ready working protocol.
legendary
Activity: 1324
Merit: 1007
I personally have zero BTC invested in Mastercoin, and several BTC invested in Counterparty. I'm not rich by any mention of the word, from what I've seen Counterparty appears to be ahead specifically where it counts, but I have nothing against Mastercoin. Who knows maybe I'm wrong. Have you seen the screenshots of the Counterparty Web Wallet ? Good God, it looks like it was crafted by someone with some serious skills. I've seen a few complaints about the usability of the Mastercoin web wallet. I would invest in Mastercoin at least a little, but the price seems high to get decent ROI; however I assume that would be moot point if the meat of Mastercoin plans come to fruition.

You're confused. Complaints you've seen were about the off-line wallets like Masterchest and this online wallet https://masterchain.info/ People (myself included) were complaining about these two for not being user friendly enough.

However, you're praising Counterparty for their web wallet that no one got their hands on, screenshot only, while Mastercoin has a user friendly wallet called Omniwallet in alpha stage https://test.omniwallet.org/ which you can already try out.

You can still use all features of Counterparty using the reference client. The wallet is just to improve user experience.

Is omniwallet a web wallet?

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com
NWO
Activity: 392
Counterparty vs. Mastercoin: I am invested in both, and I think the space is big enough that we don't have to pick sides. But calling Counterparty a "copycat" isn't a good criticism, since Mastercoin is open-source (which is very important!) and it's not really about who came up with the ideas first, but who is implementing them more quickly and effectively.

I agree it's very good that Mastercoin has institutional investors, but it's not only about how much money you have backing the project, it's also how many features you have, and Counterparty objectively has more features right now. Actually, you don't want the money to get too far ahead of the project, or else there will be a more drastic reaction if the project fails to make good on what it promises.

Calling Counterparty a "copycat" is calling it as it is. They've copied Mastercoin down to smallest details and Mastercoin's idea of using BTC blockchain.

I agree that space is big enough to allow for more competitors to emerge and competition is healthy.

Please name these specific features Counterparty has right now.

With Counterparty you can create assets, make bets and contracts for difference, and you can trade all assets, not only XCP and BTC, on the distributed exchange. According to Mastercoin's timeline, they only expect to have user-created assets by the end of Q2, and I don't know when they plan to have bets and contracts for difference implemented.

Congratulations to Counterparty for implementing those features so quickly but there is no denying that they are a copycat. As you said, this space is open source so it's all about getting there first and doing it well but JR is right when he says they're a copycat.

Either way, I think the time has passed to remain anonymous in this game. It was very understandable for Satoshi to do so being the first, but the cat is out of the bag now and govs know there's little point on putting pressure on anyone or any group of persons in an open source environment. If they don't like what's happening they will resort to other measures. Those that remain anonymous such as the NXT and XRP people, will find it difficult to compete with teams that can network and attract VC money like JR has already done and what appears like a large scale. This space is real industry now. Institutional money is ready. Projects need real names, real faces, these institutions can reach out to. I think this is an important point.  

Do you have the slightest idea of what you are talking about? Or are you just trying participate in something for the sake of increasing your post count?

RippleLabs is not anonymous and they have attracted funding.

Here's the team: https://www.ripplelabs.com/team/
Here's the VC money they have attracted: https://www.ripplelabs.com/investors/

I think I could take a pretty good shot at guessing most of your portfolio allocations just based on comments in this thread Smiley

@ Mastercoin

You need to create another count down,
such as for

the Metacoin distributed exchange,

or  smart property

or distributed e comerce (my favourite)  

Yeah, we definitely should do a countdown to the Smart Property launch. That was fun!
+1
Let's get another countdown to build the excitement.

You can also add a count down for that user friendly Omniwallet. Many people can't use current wallets due to difficulty requirements. Omniwallet should be a very important stepping stone that could bring lots of new users on-board. It definitely deserves a countdown of its own.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I think I could take a pretty good shot at guessing most of your portfolio allocations just based on comments in this thread Smiley

@ Mastercoin

such as for

or  smart property

Yeah, we definitely should do a countdown to the Smart Property launch. That was fun!
+1
Let's get another countdown to build the excitement.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance

@ Mastercoin

such as for

or  smart property

legendary
@ Mastercoin

such as for

or  smart property

Guys, take it to the dev thread please. Be nice! Don't bore the audience.

Just wanted to express some concern about those involved with Counterparty. There's too much Counterparty risk there. Get it? Counterparty risk?  Grin
Activity: 248
Merit: 252
And what about smart contracts and smart properties?
Mastercoin guys spoke about theses a lot in the early days, but not anymore. Does that mean they have abandonned the idea?
I have not heard Counterparty guys speaking about smart contracts and smart properties, does that mean there is not plan to implement them even in the mid-long term?

'Smart property' isn't really something that Mastercoin, or Counterparty, has anything to do with directly. The Mastercoin Project just loves throwing around such buzzwords. 'Smart property' is hardware (like a car) that might itself, for instance, parse Bitcoin, or Mastercoin, or Counterparty transactions, and behave differently depending on what it sees (e.g. unlock itself only for someone with a particular private key). The only real prerequisite technology at the protocol level is virtual assets, which Counterparty has totally working and Mastercoin hasn't even begun to implement.

A 'smart contract' is a more general idea, and really applies to any contract enforced by a protocol. Bitcoin, Mastercoin and Counterparty all have these to varying degrees. Counterparty undeniably has the most sophisticated and diverse smart contracts at the moment, though. The only smart contracts implemented in Mastercoin that I know of are those of its mostly-still-in-the-planning-stages distributed exchange.

You're using Mike Hearn's narrow definition of smart property. It has become a far more general term that encompasses deeds, titles and shares.

In that case "smart property" is a misnomer, as that implies that the property itself is somehow "smart", like "smartphone".

"Digital proof of ownership", perhaps.
Pages:
Jump to: