Pages:
Author

Topic: Maybe governments can stop bitcoin after all - page 10. (Read 11314 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
Maybe it would take many more years that it would happen.But for now i think they are in the process of studying how they can control the bitcoin.Or maybe government should adopt bitcoin.

No, that's not true, government can take down anything they want, provided that they use the "legality" issue and may sue everyone who use it just to make them stop. They could ban bitcoin and what more if a powerful country issue the same against bitcoin? That would be terrible, since powerful countries could influence the decision of their neighbors.
Yes its true they will adopt bitcoin because bitcoin is a digital currency and it’s going to help people around the world it reduce unemployment in countries and it is also playing a role in the economy of any country so I don’t what can be the reason that the government can stop bitcoin because bitcoin is going to help humanity so we need to support biotin.
Government would really stop bitcoin because they are seeing that it can really affect taxation which people would really have the capability to evade tax because of bitcoin and government doesnt like that thing for sure but on the other side when it comes on money making opportunity it can really help those jobless people to have an another way source of income.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Maybe it would take many more years that it would happen.But for now i think they are in the process of studying how they can control the bitcoin.Or maybe government should adopt bitcoin.

No, that's not true, government can take down anything they want, provided that they use the "legality" issue and may sue everyone who use it just to make them stop. They could ban bitcoin and what more if a powerful country issue the same against bitcoin? That would be terrible, since powerful countries could influence the decision of their neighbors.
Yes its true they will adopt bitcoin because bitcoin is a digital currency and it’s going to help people around the world it reduce unemployment in countries and it is also playing a role in the economy of any country so I don’t what can be the reason that the government can stop bitcoin because bitcoin is going to help humanity so we need to support biotin.
Activity: 253
Governments will never be able to stop something like this because it is a decentralized computer network and that is impossible to shut down since everyone relies on the internet these days.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

Government cannot estimate the power of bitcoin because bitcoin is not in there control so it's not possible for government to stop bitcoin look at china there government banned bitcoin but there people are still with bitcoin and investing into bitcoin.
This just really signifies on the capability of bitcoin when it comes on banning it which it can really sustain and resist such thing since its a decentralized stuff which even government cant really ban it all since they cant really stop on those people who do still make use of it.No matter what they do they cant completely stop it as long community support is still there then it wont really easily die.
Activity: 350
IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

Government cannot estimate the power of bitcoin because bitcoin is not in there control so it's not possible for government to stop bitcoin look at china there government banned bitcoin but there people are still with bitcoin and investing into bitcoin.
Activity: 518

The government can take down bitcoin for sure because they know that they have the power of creating a law which they can take advantage to influence the people to do this and that in order to bring down bitcoin from being the top of the trending type of currency and make a bad image for bitcoin. Governments are the powerful organization in this world so they can do what they want.
It is true that the government has a strong enough organization in the world, they could make laws prohibiting the use of bitcoin and even have the authority for bitcoin users if it continues to use it as a currency that can not be inaugurated in every country.
But they can stop the activity of Bitcoin user. Remember, no one can tracks the source of transaction in Bitcoin system, so when the government ban Bitcoin, maybe Bitcoin user will use it for private transaction and deep web. Wink
Activity: 447
Merit: 108
This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
Well since some other countries are accepting Bitcoin and trying one way or the other to study the blockchian technology so as to see way they can incorporate it into there financial system, that may make it difficult for the government world over to ban Bitcoin or declares it as illegal for no country want to be lagging behind.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 260
This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
This will never happen because of the crypto itself that is happening on the internet and its development just lurking in technology.
Activity: 896
Merit: 502
Well, I think how many people are helped with bitcoin especially for those who have lost their jobs or unemployed people, they are helped by having bitcoin to meet all their financial needs, and many positive things that bitcoin produces, of course it would be very harmful if the government forbids bitcoin, if the government prohibits the bitcoin it will affect people who hold their bitcoin, they will lose the source of income they have been living, it will certainly have an impact on the increase of unemployment in the country
every government of a country does have such a capability, like china, they even had time to make an effect on bitcoin prices. well, but I think it would be very loss if doing that. although I can, but I think it would be very much harmful to people.
I agree, Bitcoin has been once declared an illegal even by china themselves even though they came out later to say the news wasn't accurate but did that stop bitcoin from thriving. Government cannot do anything about that ,they have to take proper notes of different economy,first of all cryptocurrency is decentralized and government centralized they cant control it over.

Well for something that doesn't have any real form, it will.be hard for governments to stop it. Even in china, i don't believe that bitcoin isn't being used. There probably are still a lot of people working around that ban and continues to trade.
Bitcoin and all other crypto currencies are independent in nature which means that it does not come under the control of anyone not even under the control of government.
Governments have nothing to do with bitcoin and there is no way that government can stop usage of bitcoin and other crypto currencies. Government can only ban bitcoin if they declare it as legal currency.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
I agree with you that this is not just a simple issue to think of. we all know that government have the capacity to have it stopped espcially when they have it banned in their countries. i don’t think it’s right to have bitcoin marked as illegal for there is nothing illegal with it but it gives more jobless people a chance to earn money.
No doubt it is not simple buy it is very complicated issue and it is very important to be aware of tall this and this will help us in the future to get the bright and the good future, the value of the bitcoin is increasing and the bitcoin will give you the benefit so buy the bitcoin and try to increase the income from it, I am very sure than bitcoin power is increasing so no one can beat the bitcoin at all. In the future the bitcoin will become the legal currency.
Merit: 171
For now the easiest way to control bitcoin is through exchanges. They totally deanonymizes users. So, for now it is the weakest point of bitcoin.

Exactly,
It is not actually bitcoin by itself makes it illegal. Those person who are so greedy makes it illegal. They have been producing products which are scam that is why the name of bitcoin makes bad. There are countries who are protecting their businessman and investor. The reason why there are banning of bitcoin in different country.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 264

The government can take down bitcoin for sure because they know that they have the power of creating a law which they can take advantage to influence the people to do this and that in order to bring down bitcoin from being the top of the trending type of currency and make a bad image for bitcoin. Governments are the powerful organization in this world so they can do what they want.
It is true that the government has a strong enough organization in the world, they could make laws prohibiting the use of bitcoin and even have the authority for bitcoin users if it continues to use it as a currency that can not be inaugurated in every country.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
No, that's not gonna be happen. We all know that government was categorize in centralization system while Bitcoin was categorize in decentralization were obviously the government can't able to control bitcoin because of this wonderful and great features of bitcoin.

I agree with you there, and we saw that bitcoin was banned in china and it went down for a bit, but just after a month or two, bitcoin regained its price and now going up again. For me, it shows that bitcoin isn't something that countries or the governmen can control that easily. But I hope that they wouldn't say that bitcoin is illegal.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Well, Using bitcoin for illegal activities is something that we all condemn unanimously. Governments are banning shady activities which are taking place under the shelter of ICOs and let's be honest, we don't support such suspicious ICOs.

Now coming back to the Bitcoin or alt-coin usage, I don't think that governments will ban it completely. However, they will try to regulate or at least monitor the flow of Bitcoin from fiat currencies and vice versa. In my country, there are two registered exchanges which are doing business legally and following the guidelines. They are asking for the KYC details and no doubt that they will provide the details of the transactions to the government if asked.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Well, I think how many people are helped with bitcoin especially for those who have lost their jobs or unemployed people, they are helped by having bitcoin to meet all their financial needs, and many positive things that bitcoin produces, of course it would be very harmful if the government forbids bitcoin, if the government prohibits the bitcoin it will affect people who hold their bitcoin, they will lose the source of income they have been living, it will certainly have an impact on the increase of unemployment in the country
every government of a country does have such a capability, like china, they even had time to make an effect on bitcoin prices. well, but I think it would be very loss if doing that. although I can, but I think it would be very much harmful to people.
I agree, Bitcoin has been once declared an illegal even by china themselves even though they came out later to say the news wasn't accurate but did that stop bitcoin from thriving. Government cannot do anything about that ,they have to take proper notes of different economy,first of all cryptocurrency is decentralized and government centralized they cant control it over.

Well for something that doesn't have any real form, it will.be hard for governments to stop it. Even in china, i don't believe that bitcoin isn't being used. There probably are still a lot of people working around that ban and continues to trade.
Merit: 50
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Pages:
Jump to: