Pages:
Author

Topic: Maybe governments can stop bitcoin after all - page 19. (Read 11335 times)

legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
September 27, 2017, 07:00:36 AM
hold your horses now. china is regulating BTC exchange not banning bitcoin though. I can see a lot of chinese exchanges are still up. the government of China is just going to go into some laws to regulate and not allowing millions of CNY get out of their country as its like laundering by using the CNY pairs.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
September 27, 2017, 06:13:46 AM
Of course they can. They are the government, it's not that they are pursuing personal interest but basically because of other reasons like protecting their own citizens. We may not agree with our governments but there is a reason most of the time why they do what they do. Specially if all the governments collectively do something about bitcoins, that will be a problem.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
September 27, 2017, 05:59:25 AM
if I think we should anticipate it by making it just like bitcoin but adopting the system is not the whole. so, make a new currency or switch to another bianist Undecided Roll Eyes
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
September 27, 2017, 05:12:55 AM
They can't stop btc what china did was ban the way people bought or sold btc they can ban mining or even disrupt the btc network in there country but no matter what there will still be countries which won't do this, doing all this might slow down the transaction speed and cause panic selling but btc will still continue.
It's strange only china has a problem while other countries it functioning normally maybe the government is secretly investing or there is something which they are hiding. Just think on a fine day they decide to ban exchanges.
How can we prevent mining? I don't believe it. You can prohibit the exchange and sale of goods for bitcoins. It will have no effect. We can always exchange bitcoins outside of the country your Bank account is not prohibited by the legislation of the currency.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
September 27, 2017, 05:05:39 AM
They can't stop btc what china did was ban the way people bought or sold btc they can ban mining or even disrupt the btc network in there country but no matter what there will still be countries which won't do this, doing all this might slow down the transaction speed and cause panic selling but btc will still continue.
It's strange only china has a problem while other countries it functioning normally maybe the government is secretly investing or there is something which they are hiding. Just think on a fine day they decide to ban exchanges.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 26, 2017, 06:40:27 PM
The government wants to control bitcoin and soon if several more countries ban it, the price may drop significantly. Bitcoin has grown very well and is a huge competition for the banking system.
I just want to remind you that each spade must surely preceded by a weak reverse it or strong, to do that the ban will surely decrease the value of the bitcoin but we never know what it will take place in the future because each ban peesente a communication and media company for the bitcoin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 26, 2017, 04:48:43 PM
This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
There's a difference between stopping bitcoin and making it worth much less than it is now.  I don't think governments could actually stop bitcoin.  There's no way they can effectively police the internet and block the network.  However, they could still ban bitcoin and put the exchanges out of business, which, like you said, would cause investors who are in bitcoin to make money to dump everything.
Activity: 182
September 26, 2017, 02:21:57 PM
Yeah sure maybe they could if they would shutdown the whole internet,
Also I think if they are just going to ban it in their country people could find a way to be anonymous and use it again.
The price and the value of the bitcoin are so high now isn’t? So I think it is not yet possible to stop the bitcoin. It is now being accepted by a lot of new users and it is really making the bitcoin popular worldwide. The currency bitcoin is the best investment today and so the government knows so they will never gonna stop it in my country.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
September 26, 2017, 09:35:46 AM
For now the easiest way to control bitcoin is through exchanges. They totally deanonymizes users. So, for now it is the weakest point of bitcoin.
As soon we will pass scaling problems anonymizing solutions will be implemented.
In Japan and Korea bitcoin is officially recognized, other countries planning to do their own cryptocurrencies. So, even some countries will ban bitcoin it will not have huge influence. Price does not matter at all, bitcoin became bitcoin only because of it unique properties. If you are considering bitcoins success through it price you are wrong. Market is very thin and it is relatively easy to dump or pump. What matters - decentralized properties, independence, security, immutability.
Forget about price, about governments and other bullshit, follow it development and properties that is what tell you what to do with it.

I do agree. Governments can only control exchanges but it cannot stop bitcoin from being a bitcoin after all. But based on a certain law, "every action has an opposite reaction" If that happens, when government starts to control local exchanges. I think it will also affects it's price which made bitcoin special and unique. So I disagree that price doesn't matter after all. I believe price always matter, even at all things.

But I think other countries won't follow what kind of idiotic things China did. But if that happens, we just have accept it. We can't do anything else, but to follow.
I agree with you that governments can’t stop bitcoin overall. Governments can just approach to exchanges not more than this. Bitcoin is a digital and decentralized cryptocurrency and no one in the world can stop bitcoin business that’s why people are independently participating in bitcoin business and like bitcoin business due to decentralized feature. I think bitcoin will keep continue his journey fluently.
Activity: 168
September 26, 2017, 09:35:27 AM
No, that's not gonna be happen. We all know that government was categorize in centralization system while Bitcoin was categorize in decentralization were obviously the government can't able to control bitcoin because of this wonderful and great features of bitcoin.
I don't agree with you. It's the goverment we're talking about here that means that they have the power and the permession to do it if they have to. They can hide the sites that you can talk about or buy bitcoin from, they can confiscate mining machines. But, the only reason that holds them from doing this is that bitcoin is no danger on the economy and used by few people around  the world.
Activity: 397
September 26, 2017, 09:20:46 AM
The government wants to control bitcoin and soon if several more countries ban it, the price may drop significantly. Bitcoin has grown very well and is a huge competition for the banking system.
I agree , the government  more likely  wants to control bitcoin rather than to kill it or to let it gone in the future. Be asue they also know that bitcoin has a good future ahead. It just depends on how people would support bitcoin in the future for it to attain once again the development  and the innovation it could achieve.
Government can’t just stop a thing just because of its own will. If this will happen investor of every region will be on road and will create a miserable situation. So thinking like that doesn’t work invest and enjoy the blessing of bitcoin so that believe in bitcoin will come into you.
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
September 25, 2017, 11:16:20 AM
Actually government can do that, as we observed now more countries are making this legal and the time will come that government will take controlled with bitcoin. Once it is abuse by the authorities, a big possibilities that it could affect bitcoin investors and crypto changers relationships with the government and war begin, possibilities that will it make crypto world down.
It is sounds good to hear only that bitcoin was being legalized in some other country. But for me it is not good due to once bitcoin become legal in the country from Decentralization of bitcoin it can possibly change into centralization and if that happened it will be a bad news for us to hear that.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
September 25, 2017, 11:16:09 AM
They dont have to completely stop bitcoin to kill it.

Introduce a new law where anyone caught using bitcoin gets 20 years in jail and watch the userbase shrink overnight and the price plumet as the majority dump.

You would always get the few that continue to use but but not enough people to maintain current price point.

Government could easily give and implement a law in regards to bitcoin system regulation or other things , yet for me government can used Bitcoin in a more great thing in regards to its system on transaction or even a time of investments that they could used for them to earn to have sustain the economical state. Hence, if we will continue our support to Bitcoin we can help it to experience development and growth in terms on its price and value on the market.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
September 25, 2017, 11:09:40 AM
Sometimes I feel strange with the state that bitcoin banned when bitcoin proven to reduce unemployment. I think we should be realistic that bitcoin banned is not the best solution.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
September 25, 2017, 09:55:46 AM
government can not do anything ,they have to take proper notes of different economy,first of all cryptocurrency is decentralised and government cant control over it.yup price dumps we have seen due to recent ban on ico but its only new holder who got impatient of selling it and nothing else,back in 20110-2011 ,bitcoin was consider as illegal still price soar to great height.

Let us just hope that the governments of the rest countries of the world do not tow the line that China has taken against Bitcoin. If they do, Bitcoin and the other cryptos will all be gone no matter what we rationalise. Yes, we believe Bitcoin is decentralized but that has not prevented China outlawing it and succeeding. I really don't want to see Bitcoin made illegal. If that happens, this forum will cease to function too.
Activity: 106
September 25, 2017, 08:24:22 AM
Bitcoin can not be destroyed by the government as many countries are interested in developing the economy with the help of crypto currency. Those who want to ban it simply do not yet understand all the advantages.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
September 25, 2017, 08:17:56 AM
They can't stop bitcoin only can stop companys for using them. Thats all don't panic.
I do agree with you that the bitcoin currency is growing very fast and it is being so famous in a lot of areas the process of the bitcoin is making the the people aware of the real profit so people are believing in bitcoin more than before.  Currency of the bitcoin is gaining fame in some backward areas as well people are trying to connect with internet for the sake of the bitcoin so it is impossible to stop the bitcoin now.
A lot of countries are trying to ban bitcoin but they cannot stop the growth of the bitcoin permanently. At the start they will ban bitcoin or may be try to do this but later on they will see that banning bitcoin has no affect on the strength of the bitcoin and they are not capable to stop the Bitcoin River to grow more so government cannot stop bitcoin and the bitcoin will keep on growing more and more.
Very well said! I think Governments may not succeed in stopping the trading of Bitcoin, but they may be successful in supporting and taking positive steps for the promotion of Bitcoin. There is hardly anything about Bitcoin for which the Governments needs to be worried about. I think Governments will never stop it.
Not all the governments are against bitcoin because if you think that is the mindset of the government then just look at the government of the country of Japan they made bitcoin legalize and they are the proof that bitcoin will never become a threat for a country and bitcoin will become a huge help for them and that is why not all the government will ban bitcoin and some of the government that decided to do that then they will not succeed.
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
September 25, 2017, 04:43:54 AM
They can't stop bitcoin only can stop companys for using them. Thats all don't panic.
I do agree with you that the bitcoin currency is growing very fast and it is being so famous in a lot of areas the process of the bitcoin is making the the people aware of the real profit so people are believing in bitcoin more than before.  Currency of the bitcoin is gaining fame in some backward areas as well people are trying to connect with internet for the sake of the bitcoin so it is impossible to stop the bitcoin now.
A lot of countries are trying to ban bitcoin but they cannot stop the growth of the bitcoin permanently. At the start they will ban bitcoin or may be try to do this but later on they will see that banning bitcoin has no affect on the strength of the bitcoin and they are not capable to stop the Bitcoin River to grow more so government cannot stop bitcoin and the bitcoin will keep on growing more and more.
Very well said! I think Governments may not succeed in stopping the trading of Bitcoin, but they may be successful in supporting and taking positive steps for the promotion of Bitcoin. There is hardly anything about Bitcoin for which the Governments needs to be worried about. I think Governments will never stop it.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 523
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 25, 2017, 04:33:46 AM
The regulatory pressure will be huge, and to a certain point necessary. For our structure of society taxes are still needed, and i don´t see people willingly paying them i there is no obligation.  What i think is huge in crypto is not the fact that states can or can´t stop it is the fact that some states/governments are waiking up to the fact that some form of parallel economy is developing outside their regulations. The fact that an increasing number of people is believing is some form of currency that isn´t issued and back by state/government trust.

Where it will lead us? it is still to be seen...
But my opinion is the government will not stop the bitcoin in this society.Now bitcoin is slowly get into society. Now Many people in my country also start to  use bitcoin. So Upto now it's not all possible for bitcoin is removed from the society by the government. Soon bitcoin replace the currency.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
September 25, 2017, 04:12:12 AM
The regulatory pressure will be huge, and to a certain point necessary. For our structure of society taxes are still needed, and i don´t see people willingly paying them i there is no obligation.  What i think is huge in crypto is not the fact that states can or can´t stop it is the fact that some states/governments are waiking up to the fact that some form of parallel economy is developing outside their regulations. The fact that an increasing number of people is believing is some form of currency that isn´t issued and back by state/government trust.

Where it will lead us? it is still to be seen...
Pages:
Jump to: