Pages:
Author

Topic: Maybe governments can stop bitcoin after all - page 21. (Read 11335 times)

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
September 24, 2017, 03:33:47 PM
No, that's not gonna be happen. We all know that government was categorize in centralization system while Bitcoin was categorize in decentralization were obviously the government can't able to control bitcoin because of this wonderful and great features of bitcoin.

I dont think so, bitcoin in each country is still functional because governments allow this, lets accept it, governments have their guts to atop it but they didnt yet since nowadays they are reviewing its potentials and its future contributiona that they may give for the country. Governments are planning and discovering how can thia bitcoin thing can help them be more profitable and successful and thats true, they may not stop this since they also think that as a critical investors thay may also gain here.
Knowing that there are different kind of government globally which we would able to say that decisions would really be different at all.As you speak some would consider and do still observe on what would be the contribution of bitcoin into their place and some would definitely react directly on its negative impacts or features this is why some of them decide to ban it.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
September 24, 2017, 03:25:55 PM
I don’t think so, why would they ban bitcoin, it was technically developed for good purposes, it’s just that some people took advantage of it and misused it. Also, bitcoins market capital is going to surpass that of Apple’s ,so any country will not take such a risk by banning or declaring bitcoin illegal permanently.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
September 24, 2017, 12:20:41 PM
This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.

could happen, it all depends on us how we use good or bad bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 111
September 24, 2017, 12:12:21 PM
This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
In my own opinion, the government has really the power to stop bitcoin because they are the ones who controls and commands in a single country that's why there is a possible chance that they could shutdown bitcoin for good. But i hope bitcoin will not be banned or shutdown because bitcoin is a big help for me.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 24, 2017, 10:53:44 AM
No, that's not gonna be happen. We all know that government was categorize in centralization system while Bitcoin was categorize in decentralization were obviously the government can't able to control bitcoin because of this wonderful and great features of bitcoin.

I dont think so, bitcoin in each country is still functional because governments allow this, lets accept it, governments have their guts to atop it but they didnt yet since nowadays they are reviewing its potentials and its future contributiona that they may give for the country. Governments are planning and discovering how can thia bitcoin thing can help them be more profitable and successful and thats true, they may not stop this since they also think that as a critical investors thay may also gain here.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
September 24, 2017, 10:40:53 AM
I think that the government sees a threat in the bitcoin and can destroy it with the help of bad news and prohibition, but I do not think that they will do it because most of this kind of earnings is interesting.
yes the government can try to destroy the world of bitcoins not directly because they have no control over them but the can indirectly even try to destroy them by spreading rumors against them but fortunately bit coins has such blessing over people that they would not believe the government and just go with the bit coins because they have tested them and even have a strong faith in them
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
September 24, 2017, 06:35:35 AM
I think some corrupt government official will do. Because bitcoin don't have tax at all.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
September 24, 2017, 07:20:41 AM
All countries can not simultaneously prohibit bitcoin. Many people who are in power also do not miss the chance to make money on bitcoin and can only use the ban for price correction.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
September 24, 2017, 06:51:22 AM
I think it can't be happen because most of the government in all counries are now interested to accept the bitcoin as their daily payment. My government has no plan to ban the bitcoin.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
September 24, 2017, 06:24:19 AM
The end of Bitcoin is really a possibility that could happen to it. Remember that government controls and regulates all the internet service providers in your country where they can limit and block certain sites and services that violates their law. One order to all the ISPs and it will really be the end of Bitcoin without you violating anything. Additionally all the exchanges recognized by that country can be shut down with their so called Police Power.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 24, 2017, 06:13:51 AM
Maybe they could but it will be difficult... If a government decides to make trading or possessing Bitcoins illegal, questions will be raised about how exactly it will enforce such a ban. It is impossible for a government to seize your Bitcoins, unless you decide to handover your private keys. Bitcoin has no centre to attack. There is no single organisation or person that controls Bitcoin and transactions don't go through a central clearing house there is really no way a regulator can stop people from downloading Bitcoin wallets and sending each other bitcoins. If there we to block all the websites that people can download Bitcoin wallets from, new ones will come up and some people will compile their own wallets from source code - Bitcoin is like Bittorrent is that respect. If they shut down the internet, people will send each other Bitcoin via SMS and if they shut down the electricity supply, people will use solar and battery-powered solutions.
Activity: 714
September 24, 2017, 05:41:29 AM
But you can see that the price of bitcoin is go up again,  the banning ICO actually does not directly affect bitcoin, but it affects the price of most altcoin. The government tries to stop cryptocurrencies in stage of grow it value at a crucial early stage before it becomes too valuable, has high liquidity and unable to control them.  In my oppinion is the banning ico in china could make the current crypto currency become more valuable because the investors only  can invest in the current crypto currency that make its price go up.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
September 24, 2017, 04:28:22 AM
Maybe some countries will, maybe not. China banned icos because of money laundering happening online. China wants to regulate all the crypto currency  related exchanges now, by implementing kyc and anti money laundering rules and regulations. So now we will have to wait for a couple of months maybe for china to get back in the game. Other countries probably won't do anything because they don't have anything against bitcoin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
September 24, 2017, 03:38:36 AM
after news that the Chinese government stopped all bitcoin exchange activities in their country, I am afraid it will have an impact on other countries. although the Chinese government reasoned to close the exchange of bitcoin, and would regulate the bitcoin and open the exchange of bitcoin again. but the impact of the closure, the bitcoin value directly down, but now has started to rise again. how do the masters think, about the Chinese government that stopped the bitcoin exchange activity? does it make governments in other countries do the same with the Chinese government?
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 24, 2017, 03:26:02 AM
This is just a minor setback and mind you that it's only the ICO's that were deemed illegal by the Chinese government and not Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies themselves, I really believe that these ICO's should be regulated like other securities just like the SEC said the last time because most people can raise money for GOD knows what with all these ICO's.
I totally agree about the ICO ban though cause a whole lot of people were using the ICO project to scam a lot of crypto users which if care is not taken will end up messing up the whole cryptocurrency idea.

But, people who just want to manipulate the market including some Chinese whales decided to use the media to play their tricks which it painfully worked. However, it is always a good time to make some profit as fast as I am concerned.
Activity: 422
September 24, 2017, 01:02:16 AM
I'm not sure what you are referring to but there is no way governments are stopping Bitcoin as it is a computer network with people from different computers all around the world running the software, which makes it impossible to shut down.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
September 24, 2017, 12:58:16 AM
That's one huge problem when you become more mainstream. No one gives a shit about what bitcoins are about, they just want to profit in terms of fiat. It's so wacko I can't even believe there are still people out there that will blindly follow whatever their governments do. It's a joke. Everyone needs bitcoins or something similar. If you don't realize it yet you'll be way behind.
well, and I do not think the government can stop it. even more so if a lot of people are dependent on bitcoin. I mean that their main income comes from bitcoin. well, even if the government makes it illegal, very many people are still looking for it. especially if the government makes illegal bitcoin for no reason.
I will not join anyone to believe Government can't control bitcoin again, just a scare of what the government is capable of doin by JP Morgan had slow down the growth of bitcoin in recent days. I also think bitcoin need this sometimes, news and market demand should not be the only reason for growth. A virtual currency in the hands of few growing into mighty valued currency, it can give people so much power than the governing territories. I want the growth slope not to be as steep as before.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
September 24, 2017, 12:48:50 AM
I don't care what the Chinese do with BTC, very large cryptocurrency community, they can only reduce part of the development of the BTC, but thanks to which every person is as known through the BTC news.
I believe BTC will develop and its price will increase after experiencing this crisis.
I really do not see any crisis ,the market behaves like usual,you cannot see a market that only goes up,there will be certain bumps in the road every now and then,there will be consolidation time and then another rally starts,so this recent negative market should not deter anyone,governments cannot stop bitcoin,they could regulate or stop a bitcoin exchange being running in their country but other than that they could not regulate the entire network.
In the fact, I like the market has ups and downs like now, I do not want the price of Bitcoin always increases and reach to moon price then dump to the hell. No one want that future happens, and me also one of them.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
September 23, 2017, 11:26:50 PM
That's one huge problem when you become more mainstream. No one gives a shit about what bitcoins are about, they just want to profit in terms of fiat. It's so wacko I can't even believe there are still people out there that will blindly follow whatever their governments do. It's a joke. Everyone needs bitcoins or something similar. If you don't realize it yet you'll be way behind.
well, and I do not think the government can stop it. even more so if a lot of people are dependent on bitcoin. I mean that their main income comes from bitcoin. well, even if the government makes it illegal, very many people are still looking for it. especially if the government makes illegal bitcoin for no reason.
Activity: 574
September 23, 2017, 11:15:36 PM
 The reason why Government will possibly do this is because the more people who uses Bitcoin the less they are getting from the tax.We all know that government was categorize in centralization system while Bitcoin was categorize in decentralization were obviously the government can't able to control bitcoin because of this wonderful and great features of bitcoin.Governments now is very selfish when it comes to money they want that all money will be sent to them those people who are in the government.
Pages:
Jump to: