Pages:
Author

Topic: Maybe governments can stop bitcoin after all - page 32. (Read 11335 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
September 06, 2017, 06:09:29 AM
This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.

The recent market reaction on that famous news from China is just an illustration of how powerful and far-reaching can the government be on Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency in general. In fact, you are right, it was not really banning Bitcoin at all yet the value of Bitcoin took a dive. The thing here is that we are just living  in a real world where factors are still being taken into consideration and there is no denying that the market could never act totally independent from the government.

And we have to realize that Bitcoin is supposed to be representing a system that is supposedly the opposite of what the government can do and will do. Realistically speaking, Bitcoin can never be and should never be acting like the enemy of the government because we still need the approval of the government for its continuing existence and prosperity. Just like in Japan, the legalization of Bitcoin came with some compromises on areas of regulations...something we are glad to accept in return for the opening of its vast present market.

So we wondering the same thing here: What are these developments mean to Bitcoin and should Bitcoin be seen as anti-government or it depends on the kind of government we are facing of?
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
September 06, 2017, 05:00:27 AM
In our country, the government wants to control bitcoin and collect taxes from it, but it still does not dare to accept it. I think the authorities are panicking because of the fact that it constitutes a serious competition to the banks.
Likewise in our country, because as per news bitcoin were used by the government in corruption. Some higher position in our country were put their fund in the bitcoin. But I think government of each country had no power to stop bitcoin, however if the all government of each country had unite I think they can create a power to stop bitcoin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
September 06, 2017, 04:54:36 AM
In our country, the government wants to control bitcoin and collect taxes from it, but it still does not dare to accept it. I think the authorities are panicking because of the fact that it constitutes a serious competition to the banks.
Activity: 420
Merit: 266
September 06, 2017, 04:39:30 AM
Right now the government of my country decides to recognize bitcoin as legal currency or not. But because of this bitcoin and other crypto-currencies are becoming more popular among the people of my country. More and more people learn about it and start using it despite the fact that bitcoin is not yet legal. The government can no longer control this.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 06, 2017, 03:55:01 AM
I think that the governments can put pressure on bitcoin and other crypto's, but it's too late to stuff the genie back in the bottle.

People are losing faith in their governments, and thus fiat, and need something to put their money in to try and preserve wealth. Precious metals are an age old safe haven, but they're not nearly as practical as crypto when it comes to trade.

The crackdowns may slow bitcoin down, but people will just find other, more secure/anonymous coins to preserve their privacy. See my signature for one upcoming example - Deep Onion.
Agreed. It is too late for governments to control the popularity of digital currencies. Bitcoins are now famous worldwide and people are really crazy to work with this latest technology. Since they provide very much freedom and control over your money which governments and banks lack, people are switching to crypto market.
Activity: 250
Merit: 106
September 05, 2017, 04:46:37 PM
How should governments be able to stop a decentral currency? Maybe create an own coin that is much better than bitcoin?
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
September 05, 2017, 03:22:43 PM
I guess is just a thought ruminating idea. In any case, it will be a very hard decision to see through especially because bitcoin is decentralized, hence not colonized by a single country. It benefits are numerous & one is that it is creating wealth & built back into the economy. Meanwhile, government is made up of individuals, individuals who also have blood, flash like everybody in this forum - thus, they also would like to make money.
A country at worse might regularize its usage
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
September 05, 2017, 03:04:42 PM
indeed liked it or not the government decission will have the particular effect for us as bitcoin users and i admitted that if someday my government decission to banned bitcoin which mean i must obey the rules because doesn't good to against the law because i got in jail from my illegal acts
The fact is that the whole government understands that huge amounts of money are running between their fingers that they can not control. And another special case, this is when the government can not levy taxes on financial transactions and cool people. I think that they will not leave Bitcoin in peace and all users of crypto currency will need to prepare for getting up with peace taxpayers.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
September 05, 2017, 02:31:36 PM
This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
Of a truth I was surprise by the way traders reacted to this news from China. I didn't expect bitcoin to lose over $800 because of this news in just 2 days. I think Omegastarscream you are very right it means if United States of America and United Kingdom will announce of banning of bitcoin I will expect bitcoin to become very low to the level of $50 or $20 then. We should see ico banning as a positive news instead of treat it as evil new as scammer has hijack it.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
September 05, 2017, 02:15:18 PM
I think the problem of all cryptocurrencies is not goverment, but its volatility. The Chinese wind has blown in negative way and we have seen a huge dump in one day. Today we see some positive news about cryptocurrencies in Russia and everything is stabilizing. Goverment cannot stop bitcoin, but it can truly speculate as much as they want.
Why do people still think the news from China caused the dump and not the price touching a huge borderline of $5000. People love round numbers and historically we could see $1000 to be like that. After december 2013 it took another 3 years to reach it again, so it was obvious people will attempt a selloff at $5000. The price reverted back only by a couple days, to what it was last week. It shows how irrelevant news from China were.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2017, 02:09:12 PM
indeed liked it or not the government decission will have the particular effect for us as bitcoin users and i admitted that if someday my government decission to banned bitcoin which mean i must obey the rules because doesn't good to against the law because i got in jail from my illegal acts
Activity: 378
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
September 05, 2017, 01:30:28 PM
I think the problem of all cryptocurrencies is not goverment, but its volatility. The Chinese wind has blown in negative way and we have seen a huge dump in one day. Today we see some positive news about cryptocurrencies in Russia and everything is stabilizing. Goverment cannot stop bitcoin, but it can truly speculate as much as they want.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 280
September 05, 2017, 01:12:39 PM

I really don't see the government controlling bitcoin soon due to its nature being decentralized and if it does, it probably would have a negative impact in terms of its price on the market due to imposing regulations and taxes from it. Though one disadvantage coming from its nature is being hard to track-down, and this became an avenue for illegal transactions. Due to that reason, some countries ban the usage of bitcoin but in my opinion, the various opportunities it provide to people overshadow the disadvantages of it. It really depends on the country on which poison they are willing to choose.

I think this is lame excuse to ban bitcoin by the governments as it is used in illegal transactions. Tell me one thing, before Bitcoins was USD or EURO or any other currency was not used in illegal activities or did we have a clean atmosphere which no illegality before bitcoins  Cheesy
I think Governments should think not only to collect taxes and banning bitcoins, rather they should facilitate people with both fiat and legal bitcoins
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
September 05, 2017, 01:06:39 PM
I think you are misunderstood everything about the china news. The Chinese government has made the rule against ICO to save the countries economy go into illegal or scam activities. They have not completely abondned the idea of ICO or crypto currencies. And talking about the crypto currencies getting dumped, it will always happen because any news like this comes people get very panicked and think they will lose money so they start converting everything into fiat currency. But it's not an issue I guess because once the news is diluted these people out their money back into crypto funds and the crypto currency starts pumping again.
Activity: 448
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
September 05, 2017, 12:59:04 PM
I dont think that they can stop bitcoin, but yes, they can make too much pain around bitcoin and that is true.
If there is an important bank that makes a global announce then it would make a very big FUD.
It happens everytime, but i think that bitcoin will always recover from every losses.
I am tired of the fud that governemnts/banks are trying to affect the price.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 05, 2017, 12:55:19 PM
The government uses a possible real fact (most ICOs are scam attempts) to create a law at their favour. But they exclude the legit people who want to create legit businesses and in this case, currencies. Doesn't matter if the currency will fail or not, I believe people have the right to create it. Nobody is forced to invest, there are risks, everyone in Crypto-Currency must be aware about it. With this rule they create, the innocents pay for the guilty.

It's like Disarmament law. The government takes weapons from the people saying it's dangerous for them, that this way they can stop the thieves... But the true is that they just want to have control over the population, while the thieves will keep their weapons. The same with ICOs: Thieves will keep acting on the shadows, legit developers will be pruned.

And that is just more one excuse to increase the control from government side over Crypto-Currency.
Activity: 588
Merit: 351
September 05, 2017, 12:26:03 PM
No, that's not gonna be happen. We all know that government was categorize in centralization system while Bitcoin was categorize in decentralization were obviously the government can't able to control bitcoin because of this wonderful and great features of bitcoin.
              Yeah i really agree with that opinion by the way, and i think it wont really happen because to think how much it differs and how does it run. Maybe for some reasons it would also affect the proce of bitcoin when some kind of law would be endorsed relevant to bitcoin but still i believe it will remain alive and it will rise again.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
September 05, 2017, 12:13:50 PM

In theory, they can, but there is no enough condition to do this. They have to proove something before act and take an action against bitcoin. Despite the rumors, bitcoin is not used for criminality and terrorism funding. Governments also know this and they just can't start this now.
The reason Satoshi Nakamoto create Bitcoin do not have create a community currency for UG or criminals, we know Bitcoin gives us opportunity control our money and not depends government. That is reason government do not like Bitcoin and they consider when accept it or ban all!
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
September 05, 2017, 12:06:43 PM
If we come to the moment you fear of that is very scary since lots of us had invested in cryptocurrencies but we'll just hope for the best. But it's close to impossible to stop the activity of bitcoin.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
September 05, 2017, 12:00:58 PM
GOVERNMENT can stop the CRYPTO CURRENCY is 1100% true ...
but  i hope this will never happen because of this bitcoin thing many people dedicate their selves to earn and ssave with this.. some quit theirr office jobs and focus on here.. some took time to learn and er\arn with this market.. but if all governtment around the world stop and makea a law for crypto and its all over then ...
Pages:
Jump to: