Pages:
Author

Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018 - page 32. (Read 8427 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 253
Property1of1OU
December 01, 2017, 10:21:37 PM
get your food(tx) with cypher punks would be something like

GUY GOES CRAZY AT DRIV-THRU!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXYf8eJZNj8
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
December 01, 2017, 10:15:34 PM
I think this is very true and will happen in the future, because already many are interested in bitcoin world and then invest in bitcoin.
Activity: 770
December 01, 2017, 09:58:22 PM

This was only odds and this news is not yet final. We all know that big news have a great impact on crypto. We must always carefully analyze the news if its somehow true or not. Because in our world there is a lot of fake news and uncertainties.

But good thing that they are open for the possibility that they will accept bitcoin by next year, good news for everyone as well for them because they will have an investment in bitcoin as well. If that happens, a lot of people will get curious about bitcoin and for sure other fast foods will follow this idea and routine.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 01, 2017, 09:55:28 PM
Even if they did, and they won't, and transaction fees were viable for this, they're not going to get any custom with it.

I literally could not think of a more frivolous use for your BTC than buying some filth that'll fly out of your anus before you've had the time to draw out what few nutrients there are in there.

Hahaha!  Grin

Well, there are people already using their BTCs on fast foods, but via fiat conversion for now. I agree people wouldn't become McDonald's customers just because BTC adoption, but the usual customers will surely use Bitcoins, maybe not always, but sometimes. Crypto-Currency is full of fat guys that love fast-foods. People who wants to live from Crypto-Currency income need to spend their Bitcoins on daily life, and many of those people don't cook at home, so...
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
December 01, 2017, 09:36:37 PM
Lets see the positive side, if this will happen in the future then it will be a great achievement for the cryptoworld since it will gain more popularity around the world..

Now the negative side. I will cite a situation. Do you like to pay for a low priced meal for example a burger with the transaction fee more expensive than the price of the burger?? Will you wait for how many hours in order to get your burger because of the slow transaction of bitcoin?

Of course not. Who wants to right? So for me if they will use digital currency as another way of payment, I would not suggest BTC instead use LTC or other fast transaction coins.
Activity: 196
Merit: 103
December 01, 2017, 09:21:21 PM

This was only odds and this news is not yet final. We all know that big news have a great impact on crypto. We must always carefully analyze the news if its somehow true or not. Because in our world there is a lot of fake news and uncertainties.

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
December 01, 2017, 09:15:52 PM
Its good to accept that bitcoin at mc donald is for online so you can pay them and the good will speed up the transaction for their purchase,if thats true if the news really there
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
December 01, 2017, 08:42:07 PM
im happy to hear that mcdonalds accept bitcoin. but i will not pay for small amount using bitcoin. always remember the transaction fee for paying bitcoin. if you pay just for a fries and softdrinks it cost double. regular price plus transaction fee so better to use fiat rather than bitcoin
Activity: 546
Merit: 107
December 01, 2017, 08:41:02 PM
Adoption from the big fast foodchain is good in bitcoin, how can they handle for the expensive transaction fees?
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
December 01, 2017, 08:37:44 PM
if this is true then this is good news, we do not have to bother to spend fiat money to buy food, simply scan the barcode then the transaction is complete. this is simple and fun to me.
Activity: 378
I LOVE ADABS
December 01, 2017, 08:36:09 PM

This would be an easy life if bitcoin lessen the fee or remove the fee at all. It would be a great opportunity also to introduce bitcoin to people as they become more interested. Hoping for other shops to do it also.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
December 01, 2017, 08:33:07 PM
Even if they did, and they won't, and transaction fees were viable for this, they're not going to get any custom with it.

I literally could not think of a more frivolous use for your BTC than buying some filth that'll fly out of your anus before you've had the time to draw out what few nutrients there are in there.
Activity: 198
December 01, 2017, 08:30:06 PM
I can´t belive that. Crypto in general has a high volatitily that makes it not suitable for direct payment. Imagine you buy something at McDonalds with btc but one week later you can buy the exact same thing with the half of the btc price. This can´t be an appropiate way to buy low priced goods in future unless btc price stablilize it´s price.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
December 01, 2017, 08:28:59 PM
It's said McDonald accepts OMG token in Thailand to buy burger a few months ago. Now I guess the industry giants want to be really involved in the BTC field now after the token test try.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Privacy is freedom!
December 01, 2017, 08:26:51 PM
lol,that would be a big a big supporter of bitcoin worldwide!but i would never use my btc to waste them for MC Donalds!
i will now keep hodln my coins to the end.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
COMBONetwork
December 01, 2017, 08:23:49 PM
Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.
I think it is time that everyone stop dreaming these kind of things with bitcoin,you cannot make a small transaction with  bitcoin and never expect to make when the price of bitcoin keeps climbing to new all time highs,it would be a great addition when they accepted bitcoin earlier but now i am not interested anymore simply because of the transaction charges.
There is an easy option, why not convert btc to fiat to buy foods. Just because of the transaction charge is much too high. Their objective are good to accept btc as mode of payment, but they must first solve on how to decrease the transaction fee.
Converting Bitcoin to the fiat money is also need a fee. I think with the payment via Bitcoin can make it easier for people who use cryptocurrency to buy something without bothering convert to fiat money.
Activity: 88
Merit: 11
December 01, 2017, 08:20:47 PM
This will have a good affect in bitcoin, a lot of people will gonna know about bitcoin but i think there will be a lot to discuss about this bitcoin's price is volatile and i think they're gonna do something about the price going up and down, and does it have some kind of TF if this is true i mean there's a lot of hole if this kind of thing happens.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
December 01, 2017, 08:20:32 PM
This is true? so i can purchase any foods in mcdonals by using bitcoins? Cheesy i hope that this is true and the bitcoin become more popular to all and i can say that bitcoin will going increase more if it happens. Smiley
Activity: 364
December 01, 2017, 08:15:17 PM
How will that be affordable, a McDonald's meal costs around $5, the transaction fee is roughly $5 making your meal double the price.

Say McDonald's absorb some of the transaction fee they would still need to charge a minimum of $5 per transaction to just cover their costs which is more than what they would charge now.

There would have to be something very clever off blockchain to make this actually work, defeating the whole purpose of Bitcoin in the first place
Activity: 322
Property1of1OU
December 01, 2017, 08:09:35 PM
McDonalds could give a discounts to electric cars coming on drive thru  ...
Pages:
Jump to: