Pages:
Author

Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018 - page 31. (Read 8427 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 359
December 02, 2017, 04:13:08 AM

It is kinda hard to digest this news. Because of all things going around right now, such as :
1. The fees of transaction. It is quite high right now if compared to your meal price at mc donald.
2. The transaction time. To make it fast, you need to pay more fees then.
In my opinion, bitcoin transaction is better for a big transaction for now. But i do hope for someday that bitcoin can be used in everyday transaction like this.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
December 02, 2017, 03:32:23 AM
yes in some countries bitcoin will be legal and it will be used for each and every transaction insturd of the money by 2018 the McDonalds  will will give the option of paying the bill useing the bitcoin
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
December 02, 2017, 03:28:14 AM

All the news i have read from crypto daily seem fake to me. I wouldnt trust that website
Me too, a Lot Rumors has coming and in the past Amazon is accepting Bitcoin and opening Blockchain, but nothing has happened. I won't trust until they start accepting in real life and also the fee is too high than a breakfast so MC Donald have to give food for free.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
December 02, 2017, 03:25:05 AM
very interesting new  Smiley
but soon they may be will create MCtoken, and this token will compete with bitcoin  Roll Eyes
Activity: 84
December 02, 2017, 03:20:38 AM
Great Cheesy

I would like to see if they accept bitcoin in their business.
I just wonder how they advertise their products like

Todays Offer
Buy Burger at Just for 1 BTC

LOLz   
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
December 02, 2017, 03:14:03 AM
It is a wise plan for Mcdonalds to come up with this kind of transactions that accepts bitcoin as payment. I'm pretty sure if this is legit news Mcdonalds will be going to get more profit from it. And every fastfood chain around the world would definitely follow this trend. As for the bitcoin holders it is hassle free. I can't wait for this to happen while eating at Mcdonalds and no more fiat needed.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
December 02, 2017, 03:02:52 AM
I think it is just some fake news. The site has no credible source to back its article. Also it will just make us pay more because of the hefty transaction fees than paying cash. So it is not convenient.
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 02:24:10 AM
Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.

Definitely customer pay more because transaction charges if he/she chose payment medium bitcoin.
But doing this McDonalds get​ more profit by holding and then selling Bitcoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 02, 2017, 02:20:40 AM
It may be true news but I don't think that merchant like McDonald will get any crypto customers. The thing is our 2-5 USD worth of burger would get costly with 1-2 USD of fees that we are paying for such small transactions. Lolz.

So we need to clear some facts first as like whether it is worth doing it or not. This could work out in the mall chain of groceries or may be where the transaction are at least more than 50 USD, then we can afford the fees behind that traction. But again we know very well how hard that would be to know that this kind of fees are being paid for every shopping that we are doing. It should be really very minimal to be accepted in the merchants stores like McDonald etc.

Also, I know with 100% confidence that they will not pay for the fees and whatever it is will be upto us.
copper member
Activity: 772
Merit: 500
December 02, 2017, 02:16:14 AM
Wow this could be the first step when all food chain will accept bitcoin as another way for payment. This is a good development for holders of bitcoin if this thing can happen because they will have option now to pay with bitcoins. It can give too additional exposure because mcdonalds is a big company. If they initiate this maybe some well known food chain could follow their lead. I hope if this happen, i hope it will success in the future and they find how can we benefit from this transactions.
Activity: 353
Merit: 101
December 02, 2017, 01:56:58 AM
I can't see this working in reality which is probably why the betting company is taking bets on this because all the people betting will lose there cash to them. As some people said earlier in the thread , it just takes too long and is too expensive to send btc for small transactions like maccas. I did think of an alternative though, mcdonalds could release there own coin and people could trade btc for it on exchanges than use the MC (mcdonalds coin) to buy there meal!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
December 02, 2017, 12:53:34 AM
Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.

Amen. Mickey Dees entire model is based off of the fact that the average customer spends less than 10 bucks on a meal, and spends less than 5 minutes through the entire ordering/payment process. bitcoin is so unsuited for this purpose it hurts. the average order would have the customer paying 50% of the purchase price as fees, additionally. It would be impossible to order a Big Mac, the freaking fees would actually be more than the Mac itself.

the times dont help too much either. this could possibly work with DOGE, or LTC (retarded fast confirms), but BTC, ETH even, I dont think so.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
December 02, 2017, 12:48:40 AM

This may not happen next year, if ever it does happen. Mcdonalds is a fast food chain that serves on the spot. I don't think btc features, at it's current state, will fit the requirements for a fastfood kind of transaction. They can't change the price of their products everytime to go with btc's fluctuation
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
December 01, 2017, 11:39:35 PM
Its good to hear from that, if McDonald's accept btc next year it is a good idea because if I have enough money i want  to use btc to buy a some food.

I do not think that buying burgers and fries with bitcoin is a wise idea transaction fees are really high. Getting an option to use btc is okay. The real good thing about this is  if a giant company like mcdonalds accepted btc surely other will follow.
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
December 01, 2017, 11:25:10 PM
Why they dont accept altcoins? they even can make the McD Tokens  Grin
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3
December 01, 2017, 11:19:44 PM
This is really not a surprise, sooner or later restaurants especially fast food chains will soon accept bitcoin as payments but I do think that the right time that they will accept it is when the price of bitcoin becomes stable. Bitcoin is still unstable and it can be volatile, it's hard to say when will all of the fast food chains will accept it but bitcoin is gaining a lot of attention especially, with just the recent pump of the price. More business will invest and get interested in bitcoin. The news was just a speculations and that they accept bitcoin but there is still no definite news.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
December 01, 2017, 11:14:09 PM
I don't think it can be possible immediately next year. If that is true maybe in the US, not in our country, we have just a low technology here and not all of us known about bitcoin. They are still ignorant about bitcoin and don't know exactly what is it. Some people regret to know more about bitcoin. Maybe because they are not interested with it.

Activity: 140
December 01, 2017, 10:41:28 PM
Its good to hear from that, if McDonald's accept btc next year it is a good idea because if I have enough money i want  to use btc to buy a some food.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
December 01, 2017, 10:37:59 PM
I hoe this is true  or if not will come to reality in the near future, one of the ways to trade cashless to any merchants, this concept will open the doors for bitcoin to penetrate the open market, online and offline merchants alike, the idea is great.
One big company will start off with what's new to receive bitcoin payouts. if in this sense can increase sales certainly more and more follow
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
December 01, 2017, 10:32:08 PM
I hoe this is true  or if not will come to reality in the near future, one of the ways to trade cashless to any merchants, this concept will open the doors for bitcoin to penetrate the open market, online and offline merchants alike, the idea is great.
Pages:
Jump to: