Pages:
Author

Topic: Membergroups; or: Why do some users get colored coins under their names? - page 13. (Read 22992 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
Nice post.

Could you add information about how the coins turn into other symbols in non-default themes? All standard (non-donator, non-staff) coin symbols turn into stars in the Core theme I am using.
Only the main default theme is supported, the others do not get regular maintenance and may be slightly broken.
I realize that, but there are many people who use other themes. This information might be useful.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Nice post.

Could you add information about how the coins turn into other symbols in non-default themes? All standard (non-donator, non-staff) coin symbols turn into stars in the Core theme I am using.
Only the main default theme is supported, the others do not get regular maintenance and may be slightly broken.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
Nice post.

donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Why is it that the secret donator/VIP forum has me more motivated to donate than my altruism...we all know this site is great, why haven't more of us donated? A lot of people would spend a similar amount on something less fun, entertaining, or long lasting...
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
I've been coming around for a while, and I never knew you could get a tag for donating...silly me!
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Don't some boards have the ability for the reputation to be a value that is generated from other members +1 their reputation?  That was for some MMOG I played and seems more applicable here than there.

-Kaji
R-
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Pasta
From what I hear, it is a graveyard there...
That wouldn't be surprising. It's not as if donors are more interesting or more intelligent than non-donors. So there's no real reason to frequent the secret place.

Except when Satoshi posts there. Then, the place buzzes for days.

Satsohi's online. Quickly come join the AmA.
donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1041
From what I hear, it is a graveyard there...
That wouldn't be surprising. It's not as if donors are more interesting or more intelligent than non-donors. So there's no real reason to frequent the secret place.

Except when Satoshi posts there. Then, the place buzzes for days.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Now I'm curious as to what those secret subforums are, heh.
It's just a place where donors can conduct private trades, plan future businesses, reveal the latest scandals, spread gossip, and post photos that are much more interesting than the "count to 21 million with images" series.

On the other hand, just because we can, doesn't mean that we do Smiley
From what I hear, it is a graveyard there. However, it seems like a superb place to discuss things such as scammers where you don't want the whole forum to be able to read what's being said.
donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1041
It's just a place where donors can conduct private trades, plan future businesses, reveal the latest scandals, spread gossip, and post photos that are much more interesting than the "count to 21 million with images" series.

On the other hand, just because we can, doesn't mean that we do Smiley
R-
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Pasta
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
For a place where trust is everything, and where the destiny of not only quite a lot of money, but, in part, of bitcoin itself is decided, shouldn't we have at least a rating system like eBay's?

I don't know of many forums that actually do that. Unless it's a forum that requires personal information/payment just to register an account. How do you stop people from making alternate accounts just to downvote competitors? Most of the forums I know offload that to a third source. Like heatware, but here we have the OTC and web of trust.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
We do, it's called the Web of Trust. Personally, I have no problem trading with donators / VIP's in small amounts: that colored coin will disappear behind 5 X's if they scam me, and then that's 10/50 BTC "lost" on their side.
Activity: 252
Mhh ...so the "reputation" system is quite fluff. Thanks for warning me before I give too much credit to someone only based on this, especially the five coins (and half colored) for donors is definitely misleading.  Tongue

For a place where trust is everything, and where the destiny of not only quite a lot of money, but, in part, of bitcoin itself is decided, shouldn't we have at least a rating system like eBay's?
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
Nice and clear explanation - one question (to the mods) - is there some technical reason why the colored *half* cannot apply to less than 5 coins (especially in regards to donators)?

(I think it might be just a bit more helpful if members who have only posted a few times but did donate BTC don't sport 5 coins)

I agree that that would be better, but SMF doesn't support it.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
Is there a link/stats page to see how many people have donated and at what level?

50BTC.  Little expensive.  :/    Hopefully it will become more expensive (not via raising the number of BTC)   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
Nice and clear explanation - one question (to the mods) - is there some technical reason why the colored *half* cannot apply to less than 5 coins (especially in regards to donators)?

(I think it might be just a bit more helpful if members who have only posted a few times but did donate BTC don't sport 5 coins)

You'll have to ask theymos on that.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

Activity: 495
Merit: 500
I want some cookies...
Pages:
Jump to: