Pages:
Author

Topic: Merits Tree 2021 - Who gives merits to whom - page 4. (Read 956 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
January 03, 2022, 07:09:51 AM
so it's unrewarding work

This is not always true, based on human psychology.
I've noticed that since I'm merit source I also receive more merits. And it can't be that my post have become that much better Cheesy
There was a topic (I won't search now) about people getting inclined to give merits back from where they've received it. Back then I didn't think that's possible, now I tend to agree that it does happen.

So it can become rewarding as position (merits received). Which some will care about and some won't.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 4255
January 03, 2022, 07:05:37 AM
Patterns will always exists. People do browse the forum by their interests and this has a high potential of creating merit circles/"gangs".

it always depends on the situations
a person with Legendary rank has no advantages in receiving merits, as much as in spending them to incremental the pool of reliable users (with high rank)
we always remember the reason why merits were born, they were born to avoid account farming
their role stops at that (in fact in the forums dedicated to account farming they have stopped considering bitcointalk as a playground)

This is pretty normal. I guess that some very high value posters simply don't spend that much time on the forum or don't care much on meriting others. They still help.
I think I've read even about merit sources no longer being that much active. It happens...

It's also about standards. I expect some have higher standards after which they consider posts valuable, hence they probably have hard time spending their merit.

here too, I want to remind you that distributing merits is on a voluntary basis
so it's unrewarding work

Theymos also said that it is subjective and not questionable how the merits are spent, indeed .. according to him it is better to spend them than to keep them

since keeping merits is useless

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 4687
**In BTC since 2013**
January 03, 2022, 07:05:09 AM
Very interesting.
You can see some patterns here.
What really bugs me is users receiving many merits and not sending enough.
As a merit source, I often question myself about this.

It's true, I noticed that a lot when I was building this topic. It is also curious that usually a good part of merits go back to the first donor.

But there it is, as @NeuroticFish said, this circular of merits turns out to be normal because of common interests.

Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
January 03, 2022, 07:00:28 AM
^^ Just to clarify, 100 merits were given to me by Nutildah under The Bitcointalk Urban Achievers Merit Scholarship Program

Regarding sMerits, if something worthy comes across I spend but don't go out of way.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
January 03, 2022, 06:44:15 AM
Very interesting.

Patterns will always exists. People do browse the forum by their interests and this has a high potential of creating merit circles/"gangs".

This is pretty normal. I guess that some very high value posters simply don't spend that much time on the forum or don't care much on meriting others. They still help.
I think I've read even about merit sources no longer being that much active. It happens...

It's also about standards. I expect some have higher standards after which they consider posts valuable, hence they probably have hard time spending their merit.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
January 03, 2022, 06:35:37 AM
Very interesting.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
January 03, 2022, 06:21:16 AM
Reserved
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
January 03, 2022, 06:21:10 AM
Reserved
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
January 03, 2022, 06:21:01 AM
I thought it would be interesting to see the path that merits take, that is, to observe who receives merits for who sends them next.

So, with the help of the data provided by LoyceV here, he built this tree of the most generous users' merits (based on the Coin-1 table, here).

How it works?
Let's look at three levels of sent de merits. The first level refers to the generous main user. On the second level we will see the 3 users who received the most merits from the main one. And on the third level, we will see the 3 users who received the most merits from the generous second.

The data are for the year 2021. Later I will be able to do it for previous years (according to acceptance of this analysis).

I will present the top 10 of the most generous users to give merits. Anyone who wishes can request their "tree" in this topic.

Description:
FIRST USER > TOP THREE OF FIRST USER (NO. MERITS RECEIVED FROM PREVIOUS LEVEL) > TOP THREE OF SECOND USERS (NO. MERITS RECEIVED FROM PREVIOUS LEVEL)

Top 1-10

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
► libert19 (104)
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org