Pages:
Author

Topic: Message to Satoshi, please dump your 1million bitcoins - page 2. (Read 1273 times)

Activity: 438
Merit: 266
You are joking. Satoshi will keep these coins forever. It will be even worse. Maybe I understand 250000, but no more.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Satoshi, bitcoin is extremely volatile and run by organizations now, not the people. There's constant forks such as Bitcoin Cash and other garbage that shows just how jokey the coin is. The only thing worthwhile is the blockchain itself and I honestly believe this was not meant to function as a method of payment, but as a method of storage(Bitcoin's constant dramatic price changes, good and bad, show this)

My resolution? Dump all your bitcoins on the biggest exchanges and destroy the currency, then start over.
What do you want to say broo I cant understand what are you say?
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
I Am Satoshi Nakamoto
 Dumping the 985050 Bitcoins will not sort-out the major problems.
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
Well you know satoshi left the building few years ago right? Without any trace of his true identity. We don't know what is he doing right now and some of us including me, speculated that he is dead so, how can we contact him? And also if satoshi came back to bitcoin do you think he will just dump all of his coins? And if he wanted to dump all his coins do you think exchanges can pay him in terms of fiat considering the price of bitcoin is over 10000?
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
destroy?
start over?

but why newbies have this destructive ideas? They doesn't know how it was hard and difficult arrive at this point also for the btc cash fork?!?
No I think no, because it's really a crazy idea " destroy" btc dumping satoshi btc.
I suggest you some lecture about Satoshi Nakamoto, because you can understand more about the creator (creators?) of btc and why probably he (they?) are not selling any dime (or probably only a small part was moved just some time ago). https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/chain-archaeology-answers-from-the-early-blockchain-507458

Because they do not understand all what it was needed to happen for something like bitcoin to exist at all, many people imagined something like bitcoin for a very long time but it took a lot of time and a genius like satoshi to solve the puzzle and create bitcoin and now they want to start over when we have a market of 300 billion dollars, bitcoin is not perfect but it is what we have and we will have to deal with it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain
If such an event does happen it will only create a seller panic frenzy
which can significantly hurt bitcoin and cripple its price action.
Activity: 70
My resolution? Dump all your bitcoins on the biggest exchanges and destroy the currency, then start over.

Let's say satoshi listened to a newbie, and he actually destroyed bitcoin, what do you suggest to start over? What are you gonna change in bitcoin to make it better and not just repeat the whole cycle back to where we are now?

Or you just want to push an altcoin?

Or you are just jealous to those early adopters who have lots of money because of bitcoin that's why you want start over?

My original account got hacked and is legendary, I joined way earlier than you(years ago) and have been lurking even earlier. Please...

I bought over 50 btc back in early 2014, I am a "semi early adopter", but this coin is pretty useless asides from making money based entirely on speculation.

I'm also not pushing any other coin as they all suffer the same fate, though I have a bias for ones that are moreso entirely anonymous
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I really don't see what that what that will prove after all, If he dumps the bitcoins that he is supposedly holding, it is not going to be a part of the unmined bitcoins but rather, its going to go some exchanges.
Activity: 383
Merit: 161
https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627
Satoshi, bitcoin is extremely volatile and run by organizations now, not the people. There's constant forks such as Bitcoin Cash and other garbage that shows just how jokey the coin is. The only thing worthwhile is the blockchain itself and I honestly believe this was not meant to function as a method of payment, but as a method of storage(Bitcoin's constant dramatic price changes, good and bad, show this)

Almost no one on here wants this to happen. We have Bitcoin and want it to go to the moon. Bitcoin is awesome and I'm happy a lot of people are realizing it now.

I almost expected you to be a BCH shill. I'm glad you're not.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
That is not a good idea. It took almost 10 years to encourage investors to invest in Bitcoin. Why would we destroy it? Because some people have different vision of Bitcoin? There will be always some problems because it's not possible for everyone to think the same way. Some people prefer smaller blocks, some bigger. Some people don't want SegWit, some say it was necessary for further upgrading.
I even could say more! If one will destroy Bitcoin this will destroy the market of cryptocurrencies because no one will trust his money to the alts if the DAD is DEAD!
At least at this stage when we didn`t have the one crypto that is working as a world spread currency among the majour part of merchants!
Activity: 112
That is not a good idea. It took almost 10 years to encourage investors to invest in Bitcoin. Why would we destroy it? Because some people have different vision of Bitcoin? There will be always some problems because it's not possible for everyone to think the same way. Some people prefer smaller blocks, some bigger. Some people don't want SegWit, some say it was necessary for further upgrading.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
From what i know bitcoin is a decentralized currency and not run by any corporates and you need to pool talented developers to run the project smoothly and that does not mean they are organizing to be a corporate  Tongue .There are many forks from the main  chain and if you are not interested do not use those,we have more shit coins in the crypto currency market and these fork coins are much better than those shit coins.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

Let's say satoshi listened to a newbie, and he actually destroyed bitcoin, what do you suggest to start over? What are you gonna change in bitcoin to make it better and not just repeat the whole cycle back to where we are now?

Or you just want to push an altcoin?

Or you are just jealous to those early adopters who have lots of money because of bitcoin that's why you want start over?

Activity: 593
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
Bitcoin is very volatile LOL, this is unlikely because there are so many people keeping it and do not want to sell it so it is hard to evaporate.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

If you read Bitcoin white paper carefully you will learn that the main purpose of Satoshi was actually to build a method of payment. A p2p digital cash to be used for online transactions. While it's true Bitcoin could not be used without the blockchain, I would not say it is the only worthwhile invention. Bitcoin has revolutionary features, but we need to be patient to use it a method of payment for daily purchases.

Also, Bitcoin is getting more and more investors. Thus I think even if Satoshi would dump all his Bitcoin selling them on exchanges, this won't lead to the destruction of Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is just becoming to big to fail!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is now bigger than Satoshi. People believe in it.
Even if Satoshi dumps his coins now at exchanges, I believe that Bitcoin will survive. Look at the daily trading volumes, it is around $5Bn. So Satoshi's entire stash equals just 2 days of Bitcoin trading volume.
Activity: 179
Hah, not bad. Satoshi will read your message and think: "Indeed, this guy says a good idea, I think I should do as he advises me." Although in fact I would have looked at what would happen in the world, if he really thought so.
Activity: 137
Merit: 14
Yes, Satoshi! Please become the most hated individual on this planet  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Even if he dumps all his Bitcoin - after a huge drop in price - it will rise even higher very fast.

Yeah, I would think so too. After all, 1 million coins represents around 6% of the current supply - why can't the market absorb 6% more over a reasonable amount of time? And once that "threat" of a million coin dump is behind BTC, I'd also expect a serious price rise.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
lets say that Satoshi did dump his coins, 1 million is going to be eaten up by the market like there is no tomorrow! then the price recovers again in about a week, or 1 month tops and we are back where we are now. on the rise to the moon without the "fear of 1 million satoshi stash". the price would rise even faster.

now lets assume we killed bitcoin and started from scratch, what is stopping the new coin to go the same way bitcoin went? nothing! the same idiots are going to switch over and the same history will be repeated.

this only shows that you either don't understand what are the things that are going on, or you want bitcoin to drop so you can buy more!

Absolutely right. Dumping will be nonsense. If ever satoshi have a million bitcoin, what will be for him if he dumps it? Maybe it will be a huge dip for everyone to afford then it will just rise again. I think no one will want to miss that bloodbath. But surely satoshi will not dump it for someone who just wanted to get in. Of course everyone's opinion here.
And starting all over again will not make a difference. Another coins will just build up same as bitcoin and another high-priced coin exist.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Yes, Satoshi! Please become the most hated individual on this planet  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Even if he dumps all his Bitcoin - after a huge drop in price - it will rise even higher very fast.
Pages:
Jump to: