Pages:
Author

Topic: Message to Satoshi, please dump your 1million bitcoins - page 3. (Read 1273 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Might not be obvious, but what if Satoshi lost his private keys?

If I were the founder and lost my private keys i'd also stay low profile  Roll Eyes
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Yes, Satoshi! Please become the most hated individual on this planet  Cheesy Roll Eyes
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
Satoshi, bitcoin is extremely volatile and run by organizations now, not the people. There's constant forks such as Bitcoin Cash and other garbage that shows just how jokey the coin is. The only thing worthwhile is the blockchain itself and I honestly believe this was not meant to function as a method of payment, but as a method of storage(Bitcoin's constant dramatic price changes, good and bad, show this)

My resolution? Dump all your bitcoins on the biggest exchanges and destroy the currency, then start over.

Your giving us a proposal with no definite action plan. How do you plan to start over once we dump all our Bitcoin on the biggest exchange sites? I believe that Bitcoin is good as it is right now. In fact, it is already making an impact in the world. Maybe Bitcoin's current price is too much for you and you can't afford to have it so you are encouraging us to dump our coins so that you can buy it on a cheaper price.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
this only proves that you don't understand what bitcoin is. you think that if the price of bitcoin drops, bitcoin will die! but what you fail to understand is that bitcoin is not alive to have a price. there currently are many in bitcoin just because of the price and because it has been rise madly this year but there still are a lot more in it because it is a "decentralized currency" and they will remain even if the price fell down to $1 tomorrow. they will just buy more of it in that case.

Satoshi is part of that group, he didn't create bitcoin for it to have a rising value nor in order to become rich. he created a payment system that hopefully nobody can control. so far we have been true to this definition more or less. and that's what keeps bitcoin alive.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Satoshi, bitcoin is extremely volatile and run by organizations now, not the people. There's constant forks such as Bitcoin Cash and other garbage that shows just how jokey the coin is. The only thing worthwhile is the blockchain itself and I honestly believe this was not meant to function as a method of payment, but as a method of storage(Bitcoin's constant dramatic price changes, good and bad, show this)

My resolution? Dump all your bitcoins on the biggest exchanges and destroy the currency, then start over.
Start over? And do what with it? It'll just be a Bitcoin 2.0 scenario because now everyone is aware of the concepts and the blockchain and it would be no better for a new crypto. They would still do the same things over and over again. There is nothing to go back to; forks can be made by anyone and only people who use the forks assign value to it. It's not like it is Bitcoin's fault for something like that happening. What is Satoshi supposed to do after smashing the primary crypto? Just make another and pretend like everything will be fixed?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger
We can loose anything if Mr. Satoshi would do that. You should say prayers that he never do that.. He has 700 million dollars in his pocket, so why he would even do something like this Smiley

Raed here: http://uk.businessinsider.com/satoshi-nakamoto-owns-one-million-bitcoin-700-price-2016-6

The way i see this topic is what we call a catch 22 or a double edged sword. First of all if Mr or Mrs Satoshi are still alive or free " as in not prisoners " them selling all those bitcoins would cause a panic. I think we would see a massive sell off and a price drop up to 50%. The good thing about it is that there would no  longer be that elephant in the room. So we could continue buying without that worry so it might be a good thing in my opinion.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
You guys know, that every Satoshi that Satoshi would sell, would have a buyer? Price would rather go up, because people knew Satoshi is alive. Huge promotion for Bitcoin.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
Isn't Dumping 1 million Bitcoins would contribute more to its volatility rather than help us? Because it would hurt us more and ruin the image of Bitcoin. All the developments it have and the acceptance from new people will be gone in just one big dump. You know that 1 Million Bitcoin being sold in the market would create a massive panic selling in which we have never seen before. Be careful on what you wish for because you might not like it in the end as it is really a bad idea.
Activity: 145
destroy?
start over?

but why newbies have this destructive ideas? They doesn't know how it was hard and difficult arrive at this point also for the btc cash fork?!?
No I think no, because it's really a crazy idea " destroy" btc dumping satoshi btc.
I suggest you some lecture about Satoshi Nakamoto, because you can understand more about the creator (creators?) of btc and why probably he (they?) are not selling any dime (or probably only a small part was moved just some time ago). https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/chain-archaeology-answers-from-the-early-blockchain-507458

Activity: 70
lets say that Satoshi did dump his coins, 1 million is going to be eaten up by the market like there is no tomorrow! then the price recovers again in about a week, or 1 month tops and we are back where we are now. on the rise to the moon without the "fear of 1 million satoshi stash". the price would rise even faster.

now lets assume we killed bitcoin and started from scratch, what is stopping the new coin to go the same way bitcoin went? nothing! the same idiots are going to switch over and the same history will be repeated.

this only shows that you either don't understand what are the things that are going on, or you want bitcoin to drop so you can buy more!

If Satoshi dumped 1 million coins Bitcoin would die. That's over 3billion usd, no one could/would buy past that(if someone did btc would also die because all those coins would be in the hand of someone else who could also dump it)
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
At this point it doesn't matter anymore. I think the private key of the 1M coins are lost and will never be moved.
But even if they do, would only create a momentary fuss and some media attention. In the long term might indeed be beneficial.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
It seems to be you either sold your BTC too early and were not able to buy back or you wanted to but and did not get in on time. So now you claim Bitcoin s shit and should be dumped.

You change the way you think into a proactive one, start thinking how can you make some BTC, not how to destroy it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Sound great but I am 101% sure that it's not going to happen. Bitcoin is no more a cryptocurrency now, a huge number of traders/investors are using it for the speculation purpose and now institutional investors have jumped in so as far as these giant whales are manipulating the market with the pump, I don't see even a slight possibility of the dump. Even if I am not sure about it, I think that Satoshi has lost his private keys and hence it is already inaccessible to him and anyone else.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Could you show me where satoshi holds these 1 million bitcoins?  Cheesy I'm so curious to see it and I'm so glad you can finally prove it unlike many others in the past. Thanks so much. I really appreciate all the years of work that must have gone into this.

Cheesy

But really, what do you suppose would happen if he or she dumped this? Assuming he or she still has it or has not done multiple actions to it
Obviously the market will crash as well as the other altcoins who are dependent on bitcoin price but that would be a temporary scheme, FUD's will spread around the internet promoting their own coin, what is 1 million stashes of Satoshi to the total numbers of btc owned and mined by people that is approximately 12 million bitcoins scattered all over the world, It will recover again by a month or two to its promising price, Satoshi's bitcoin's treasury is surely divided into a thousands of wallets addresses from the first blocks that mined, his wallet is also anonymous.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Have you ever read Bitcoin's whitepaper? It seems like you're massively uninformed regarding a lot of topics that surround cryptos and blockchain. I'd start by doing that before asking for satoshi to dump his coins, lol.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502

If satoshi did not came forward with the scaling debate and many other forks that have been attempted in the past then I think it is safe to say he is never going to come back or to do anything with his coins, while I'm speculating I think he just moved on with his life, he did what he wanted and leaved when he thought it was the right time, he is probably doing something completely different and probably more stimulating to his mind.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
lets say that Satoshi did dump his coins, 1 million is going to be eaten up by the market like there is no tomorrow! then the price recovers again in about a week, or 1 month tops and we are back where we are now. on the rise to the moon without the "fear of 1 million satoshi stash". the price would rise even faster.

now lets assume we killed bitcoin and started from scratch, what is stopping the new coin to go the same way bitcoin went? nothing! the same idiots are going to switch over and the same history will be repeated.

this only shows that you either don't understand what are the things that are going on, or you want bitcoin to drop so you can buy more!
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

If this is not an attempt in FUD, I don't know what it is - so many random statements that this is just absurd. There's nothing inherently wrong with the forks - Bitcoin is an open source project, like Linux, for example, and anyone is free to create their own versions. Sadly, it is sometimes misused to attack Bitcoin by declaring that forks are "the real Bitcoin", but this is not a threat to Bitcoin - 99% of the community is not buying it and see that it's a scam. Now, about the blockchain - it's simply a database, a ladger and without mining it's worth nothing - and Bitcoin is the most successful application of it, unlike all those corporate blockchains. Satoshi is free to do with his coins whatever he wants, and the fact that he hasn't touched them may very well indicate that he approves Bitcoin's direction or at least not going to oppose it.
Activity: 70
Could you show me where satoshi holds these 1 million bitcoins?  Cheesy I'm so curious to see it and I'm so glad you can finally prove it unlike many others in the past. Thanks so much. I really appreciate all the years of work that must have gone into this.

Considering that there were hundreds of thousands of coins mined when only satoshi and a few other knew Bitcoin existed at the time, we can obviously speculate that either this satoshi or someone else then owns the roughly 1,000,000 BTC. Either way, someone mined it
Activity: 443
Merit: 110
Could you show me where satoshi holds these 1 million bitcoins?  Cheesy I'm so curious to see it and I'm so glad you can finally prove it unlike many others in the past. Thanks so much. I really appreciate all the years of work that must have gone into this.

Cheesy

But really, what do you suppose would happen if he or she dumped this? Assuming he or she still has it or has not done multiple actions to it
,as the others say, it will be a huge disaster to all of us. it could be bad for all of us. think about so many forks that had come out and for the future and upcoming forks, did you ever think that if it is true that he or she has 1 million bitcoins, then its expected that from the previous forks he got something from it right? and what if he would dump it all at once? then its pointless.
Pages:
Jump to: