Pages:
Author

Topic: Mine Bitcoin with your TV! - page 5. (Read 1801 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
August 16, 2018, 11:36:36 AM
I don't think that it is possible really to get btc with the TV help. it seems to be a kind of another scam, but who knows maybe it is not. i think that i will learn about this more and maybe will even try
It has an Asic chip built in, bitfury had Asics in lightbulbs. This is just another implementation of Asics in everyday products to generate btc passively.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
August 17, 2018, 07:55:01 AM
you are right, though it sounds been odd but it is true that you could use your TV for doing mining but yes you must have to installed the necessary equipment for doing it properly, it very wonderful that we are happening this kinds of developed facilities
Activity: 230
August 17, 2018, 06:04:07 AM
An interesting project indeed. But the question is what will be the electricity bill after using this. If the bill is moderate than very good.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
August 16, 2018, 05:33:23 PM
So, at current prices it would allow you to mine 250 USD per year, provided that the tv would be on all the time. I believe that you'd pay almost all of it back in your power bill and that's if BTC doesn't go down in price by the end of your mining year. If BTC would go up though you could make some money. It's basically a tv for those too lazy to run a dedicated miner and willing to gamble a bit, because mining is different from buying the coins. If you buy and hold you can wait for the right time to sell. Even if it takes 2 or 3 years your money will remain frozen. The power company won't give you an extension. They will want the bill to be paid on time.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
August 16, 2018, 05:13:34 PM
Sounds pretty cool, You are completely right. It regards mine in a considerably more extensive screen. It is additionally a nice sentiment utilizing new path in mining. It is extremely a noteworthy development. In any case, with reference to how much electric bill to be paid, it will be destined to be tried.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
August 16, 2018, 10:58:28 AM
I don't think that it is possible really to get btc with the TV help. it seems to be a kind of another scam, but who knows maybe it is not. i think that i will learn about this more and maybe will even try
Activity: 122
August 16, 2018, 10:57:38 AM
Oh yeah ... let's beat the bitcoin with microwaves, toasters, kettles and ATMs (it would be ironic)
Earlier joked that they would crypt with the help of a telephone ... it was no longer funny.
So yeah, let's get him through everything that just lets you do it. Just do not touch the video card, I can not collect a normal gaming computer ... and I do not want to pay twice as much
Activity: 40
August 16, 2018, 10:54:19 AM
I am not sure about it but I had read a news on some site which said as the popularity of virtual currencies has grown, hackers are focusing on a new type of heist: putting malicious software on peoples' handsets, TVs and smart fridges that makes them mine for digital money.

These are called crypto-jacking attacks. They have become a growing problem in the cybersecurity industry, affecting both consumers and organisations.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
August 16, 2018, 10:34:45 AM
that is nonsense, and considering the source is just a worthless website with a cheap domain and design, I'd say it is just a click bait article!

I'd be very skeptical too, but it's real:

https://www.scmp.com/tech/article/2157818/canaan-launches-worlds-first-bitcoin-mining-tv-set

It's certainly absurd, but:

In addition, the device can calculate bitcoin mining profitability in real-time.

...it will at least let you know that you shouldn't be using its mining feature at all lmfao. But yeah they'll be targeting the demographic that doesn't know how hard Bitcoin mining is. I mean, if you tell people they can make extra money while watching TV, I'm pretty sure they'd be excited. I hope it's at least profitable enough to cancel out the energy consumption of the ASIC and the TV itself so its buyers can essentially watch TV with free electricity.
August 16, 2018, 08:56:40 AM
I love watching TV, Well if this could really work that way you can sure open your TV 24 seven but I really think it will just consume a small amount of hash that is why it will never compete with a good miner that has greater hash rates, But still it can mine you Cryptocurrency while you are just watching it still used your electricity and internet if your TV is connected to one, I think there is other articles that I have red on the forum about other appliances mining crypto while you are using it, I really think other than TV just a small move on the house and using your other appliances can gain you decent amount of cryptocurrency that will be great than TV alone.
Truth is they should really be GPU based and run a slim Linux os that can connect via web panel to control. GPU based allows to mine new and changing algorithms and a slight possibility of upgrading.
Activity: 267
Merit: 11
August 16, 2018, 10:15:55 AM
mining requires a much higher cpu in computers and using tv as monitor for cpu minings is a great gear.This may result for a much sufficient and convienient enough for miners to monitor their minings.It should be comprised a much higher gpu for mining and a well ventilated cpu that makes a mining of bitcoin well job done.
Activity: 126
August 16, 2018, 10:01:28 AM
It is literally a great invention. Mining in a bigger screen will add a new dimention in the bitcoin mining. But we have to see how much efficient it is.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
August 16, 2018, 08:57:00 AM
First of all, fuck these website that have videos play automatically when you're just trying to read an article.

According to cryptocompare.com, a machine with a hashing power of 2.8 trillion hashes per second could mine BTC 0.04319 (USD 331 at current prices) per year. However, the report did not specify power consumption numbers.
Source: https://cryptonews.com/news/your-tv-set-may-become-a-mining-rig-2374.htm

LOL, so with this TV, you would be able to mine 0.043 BTC per year, I'm willing to bet that you would indeed spend more on power.
Okay, you might be able to make a small profit, depending on your electricity prices, but this just doesn't seem sorth it.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
August 16, 2018, 08:34:42 AM
I love watching TV, Well if this could really work that way you can sure open your TV 24 seven but I really think it will just consume a small amount of hash that is why it will never compete with a good miner that has greater hash rates, But still it can mine you Cryptocurrency while you are just watching it still used your electricity and internet if your TV is connected to one, I think there is other articles that I have red on the forum about other appliances mining crypto while you are using it, I really think other than TV just a small move on the house and using your other appliances can gain you decent amount of cryptocurrency that will be great than TV alone.
August 16, 2018, 08:21:26 AM
Absolutely waste of energy and resources. It's not profitable mining Bitcoin again. Maybe mining other Altcoins maybe be feasible. But BTC, it is a no no. Good thinking anyways.
Going to have to either just throw it on nicehash and forget it or put time in it and mine new launching coins that use Sha (which isn't too common ) and jump on them and hope for the best.
Activity: 116
Merit: 3
August 16, 2018, 08:31:19 AM

That's quite Innovative but your TV might not do the actual processing like the other hardware miners and GPU's which might result in a much less profits and keep in mind, your electricity is the key here, If that's going to spike up high then you're going to run into a loss.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
August 16, 2018, 08:27:44 AM

Only by watching TV will we get bitcoin? Is it possible? In my opinion, it is better that TV is reporting various information related to Bitcoin such as prices, markets, trade, trusted sites, advertisements about bitcoin and so on, in my opinion that is more useful.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
August 16, 2018, 08:07:46 AM
that is nonsense, and considering the source is just a worthless website with a cheap domain and design, I'd say it is just a click bait article!
for mining anything you need a strong processing unit (CPU, GPU, ASICs in order of their power) and the processors used in a television set is the minimum thing that you can find because they are not supposed to do anything big! it is your TV, it is doing some very basic things, probably your phone is much stronger than your TV! and mining anything (not just bitcoin) is a competitive thing, the hashrate that weak ass processor would generate is nothing in comparison.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
August 16, 2018, 08:07:30 AM
I doubt this will be worth your while, it sounds pretty cool though, but if someone wants to really mine and make a profit he'll have asics.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
August 16, 2018, 08:01:47 AM
What should be the reason to have an ASIC built into a TV ?

If you are only watching a few hours TV per day and aren't running your hardware 24/7 you are wasting possible income.
If you are running it 24/7 you are wasting electricity since you can't be watching TV the whole day & night.

Additionally the ASIC has to be cooled. Thats way too loud to enjoy watching TV.

We have TVs and we have ASICs. But i really don't see a single reason to combine them. Thats most probably just a money grab.
Pages:
Jump to: