Pages:
Author

Topic: Mine Bitcoin with your TV! - page 6. (Read 1801 times)

Activity: 178
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 07:59:30 AM
I think that is not power and cost efficient. The screen Will draw power, so the wattage Will higher than regular bitcoin miner.
Activity: 81
August 16, 2018, 07:58:34 AM
Absolutely waste of energy and resources. It's not profitable mining Bitcoin again. Maybe mining other Altcoins maybe be feasible. But BTC, it is a no no. Good thinking anyways.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
August 16, 2018, 07:54:27 AM
It's cool for offices that need televisions always on such as for maps or something and have extremely cheap power.
Activity: 61
August 16, 2018, 07:57:46 AM
I don't know how this is going to work. I'm sure if this works, your electricity bill will skyrocket. Ordinarily mining costs a lot in terms of electricity, plus you need sophisticated types of equipment for mining. So while I'm in doubt about the feasibility of mining with your TV, I think if it works, it wont be sustainable. My opinion though.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
August 16, 2018, 07:52:43 AM
Watching TV is a waste of time.Rich people read books,poor people watch TV.
Rich people have big libraries,poor people have big TVs. Grin
Perhaps it would be possible to mine some altcoins with this technology.I really doubt that it will possible to mine btc.By the way,this thread should be moved to some other sub-forum,maybe the "Mining" sub-forum.
Activity: 106
Merit: 6
August 16, 2018, 07:48:56 AM
doesn't seem like mining is even worth it these days.  Even with free electricity you barely make any profit./
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
August 16, 2018, 07:44:22 AM
The TV will actually have mining equipment installed. It's quite impressive what they're trying to accomplish, although not sure how much your electrical bill will go up with this :p
I just watched the video and yes they will do this.

If its dedicated to mine bitcoin how long will the TV stay. We know that televisions aren't created that way and it won't lasts like the older TV sets.

Well for the electricity bill...  Undecided
Activity: 224
August 16, 2018, 07:37:40 AM
I just hope that they can minimize the power consumption. The hash rate looks good and the overall hashrate of bitcoin mining is increasing already. With only 4 million bitcoins left to mine I guess almost crypto enthusiast would like to join the race. With other household products to be launched with mining equipment, only time will tell how good they perform.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
August 13, 2018, 05:45:59 AM
The TV will actually have mining equipment installed. It's quite impressive what they're trying to accomplish, although not sure how much your electrical bill will go up with this :p
You are absolutely correct. It is good to mine in a much wider screen. It is also a good feeling using new way in mining. It is really an impressive invention. But as to how much electric bill to be paid, it will be soon to be tested.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
August 13, 2018, 05:42:24 AM
Activity: 384
Merit: 100
August 13, 2018, 03:59:48 AM
does this mean that the coins/tokens we get are rewards because we have used their services? if you say that is a mining, i don't think so. mining needs so much equipments like reliable graphics card
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Pages:
Jump to: