Pages:
Author

Topic: Mine new coin: VoteCoin - equihash, very low difficulty now - page 11. (Read 34621 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
The swing wallet is ugly as hell.
We have plans for much nicer GUI wallet.

Hah! Great, get moving then - I just gave you incentive Smiley

Nah seriously i just wanted something to run now so am happy just for myself - i just wanted the quickest way to satisfy that need

Am really interested in the real thing
Activity: 265
Merit: 105
Do we know if there has been any applications to exchanges / which ones if so?

So far we've send applications to these exchanges:

Poloniex - applied for enhanced account verification, which is needed to submit new coin for consideration. Still no reply from support
Bittrex - applied for enhanced account verification, which is needed to submit new coin for consideration. Still no reply from support
Coinexchange.io - there is 1 BTC listing fee and 7 days waiting time -> acceptable fee, but very low volume on this exchange
cryptopia.co.nz - listing fee as of now is 5000000 DOT (approx. 5 BTC) -> too expensive
hitbtc.com - 6 months listing - fee 6 BTC /per market -> too expensive
yobit.com - 0.1 BTC listing fee and a few days waiting time -> good terms, but very low volume on this exchange

Our top priority is to get listed on Poloniex or Bittrex. If we are not able to get listed on these exchanges in reasonable time, we will consider listing VOT on some smaller exchanges. So if you guys have any favourite exchanges, send us your tips and we will get in touch with them.
Could you open a port with higher difficulty in the official pool?
The minimum difficulty is set to 0.04 and max to 4096 (1 Difficulty is actually 8192, so 4096 difficulty is actually 33554432).
Is this still low for you? Is your mining software able to negotiate the right difficulty?
We've added port 4444, you can test it.
The swing wallet is ugly as hell.
We have plans for much nicer GUI wallet.
Transfer to and from Shielded addresses seem to work as well - i might consider making this a full customisation and releasing.

It works with the "official" votecoin windows binaries (should also work in Linux as well but have not tested) - you just run it over the top of the windows official version
@votecoin.site

Maybe you should fork: https://github.com/MyHush/hush-swing-wallet-ui the swing wallet when your source depends on zcash it could be a better solution then command line options and running two command prompts.

It seems to work with a few changes - everything is "HUSH" of course but basically its a VoteCoin wallet now - not tested sending yet - just sent a coin from the votecoin-cli to this running over the windows wallet as supplied by the official devs

Result Smiley
Activity: 431
Merit: 102
@votecoin.site

Maybe you should fork: https://github.com/MyHush/hush-swing-wallet-ui the swing wallet when your source depends on zcash it could be a better solution then command line options and running two command prompts.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Could you open a port with higher difficulty in the official pool?
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
lux8.net
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
Do we know if there has been any applications to exchanges / which ones if so?
Is there a copy of this in the alt coin announcement section of the site?
If not there probably should be.

I see 2, but only 1 post on each ANN.

Ohwell, seems to be getting some notice already.
Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

I see 2, but only 1 post on each ANN.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
provide us the windows wallet and miners and definitely we will be in..

John1010, we've just released Official VoteCoin wallet for Windows (850MB):

https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases/download/v1.0.11-win32/VoteCoin.standalone.Win32.zip
Why is the wallet 853MB?
provide us the windows wallet and miners and definitely we will be in..

John1010, we've just released Official VoteCoin wallet for Windows (850MB):

https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases/download/v1.0.11-win32/VoteCoin.standalone.Win32.zip
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE
This post should be on Announcement
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
votecoin-cli when i try to run it it always closing instantly.
You need to open a console, for example run "cmd" or "command" in windows, then you can type votecoin-cli with arguments ...

Thanks a lot.

Works like a charm now.  Smiley
votecoin-cli when i try to run it it always closing instantly.
You need to open a console, for example run "cmd" or "command" in windows, then you can type votecoin-cli with arguments ...
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
lux8.net
there are already windows miners for equihash
any ZEC miner will work - claymore or EWBF for example
Pages:
Jump to: