Pages:
Author

Topic: Mine new coin: VoteCoin - equihash, very low difficulty now - page 9. (Read 34621 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 10
How is the coin doing now in term of profitability?
Activity: 265
Merit: 105
I will try this on Windows 7 x64. When will you release GUI wallet for x64?
The text-mode wallet runs in 64bit windows too.
GUI wallet for Windows will be developed and released only after our last milestone is reached.
If we never reach it, we will try to find other funding sources, but no guarantees.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
This is fine. Just close it with Ctrl+C and start again. It is properly synced, just wrongly displayed.
thanks for the answer, yes it's got
Now my question is Can I even mine with a CPU? How do I actually start mining? Do I need to download any other miner software and point it to some pool?
Windows wallet does not support mining. Nevertheless, you can't use the wallet to mine on the pool anyway. So, your solution is this:
find a third party software which can mine equihash algorithm on CPU. It doesn't matter what coin, all equihash-based coins will work, including VoteCoin. Simply download that software and run it with appropriate parameters to connect to the pool.
Hey, guys? what happening with pool? i turned on some workers.. about 320ksol, and cant see my statistic :-)
We noticed this too. The cause of the problem is unknown. All miners were still registered successfully, mining was OK, just the website didn't load so fast. After restarting z-nomp the problem was fixed. Really not sure why was that. It is always a problem to debug things on a third party software...
What is the synchronization error in my wallet?  Huh

This is fine. Just close it with Ctrl+C and start again. It is properly synced, just wrongly displayed.
There are some issues, due to migration of the coinserver.

After rescanning unshielding still didn't work. So balances are kinda locked.

I'd like to transfer all the funds, that are pending to be paid. But some balances keep being immature for some reason. (And I really don't want to transfer everything manually, as you might imagine.)

Could someone confirm if the pool still works if an amount is just unshielded without the pool administering it?
Basically, all balances should be mature now, since your last block found was long time ago. Maturing block takes 100 more blocks only. I guess those are just marked as immature, but are OK to be sent.

There are several problems with the z-nomp software which needs to be addressed for proper operation.
First of all, you need to fix unshielding limit, it is hardcoded in z-nomp to 100 VOT, but block reward is 125, so that stupid limit doubles the time needed to unshield coins. Setting the limit to 1000 works just fine.
Next thing is that minConf is set to 10 in config, which seems too high to me, so each shielding then waits 10 blocks before unshielding, and each unshielding then wait another 10 blocks before money can be paid. So you may consider lowering minConf to 3.
Finally, z-nomp is sometimes experiencing problems while waiting for z-transaction to complete (while it already completed long time ago). So this needs to be addressed too. You may need to restart z-nomp from time to time or fix it permanently by modifying sources to disable waiting for finished tx (not recommended in your particular case)

I am not sure if the z-nomp software continues properly sending out the payments even if the pool has no miners. But it should since the payouts are scheduled by time.
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
lux8.net
Hey, guys? what happening with pool? i turned on some workers.. about 320ksol, and cant see my statistic :-)
what a bastard, you almost shutdown official pool
our pool has another diff adjustment, well suited for nicehash rent, you'll get less orphans.
It will be interesting experiment to split your power in two pools and check reward after 24h of mining.

votecoinmine.site

But is it worth at that diff?
Don't you consider to buy coins from devs on ICO?
Especially if ICO will not sold out, you'll get a huge bonus.
Activity: 1021
Merit: 324
Anyone can show us for nvidia the bat file how it`s need to be ?
If you use EWBF miner:
miner.exe --server pool.votecoin.site --user YOUR-WALLET --pass z --port 3333 --pec

Also, if you want to control each GPU and mine on say just 3 GPU's out of 6.
Code:
miner --server pool.votecoin.site --user wallet.worker --pass x --port 3333 --cuda_devices 0 1 2 --pec

Switch pec with api to use the web browser stats.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
If you use EWBF miner:
miner.exe --server pool.votecoin.site --user YOUR-WALLET --pass z --port 3333 --pec
Activity: 165
Activity: 35
If you gonna mine with one cpu that runs your node, put
Code:
gen=1
line at the end of your .conf file. Its not officially stated, but i believe you can also put
Code:
genproclimit=X
line in it to set X number of threads (cpu cores) to mine with, -1 for max.

Restart your node, and that should do it. Note that i havent tested this because, as others said, its very inefficient to mine Votecoin with cpu.

For mining with two or more cpus, you need to pick mining pool and CPU mining software for Equihash - these are maybe more optimized.
Activity: 246
----- Noob Alert -----

Preface: I'm new to mining, have never used anything other than NiceHash which is just meh

Question: I have a CPU which is just lying around with free electricity so I thought I'll give VoteCoin a try - the idea looks interesting Smiley I've downloaded the wallet, unzipped it, generated wallet address and so on. Also kept running votecoind in the background.

Now my question is Can I even mine with a CPU? How do I actually start mining? Do I need to download any other miner software and point it to some pool?

Thanks in advance.

Practically, no! 2-7 sol is often quoted (votecoind can mine but ..)- the network hash is currently > 700 K - you might get 1 coin every now and again

Thanks for your reply. Lets say if not for earning but for education - how do I go from here? Do I need to download any other miner?
Activity: 109
----- Noob Alert -----

Preface: I'm new to mining, have never used anything other than NiceHash which is just meh

Question: I have a CPU which is just lying around with free electricity so I thought I'll give VoteCoin a try - the idea looks interesting Smiley I've downloaded the wallet, unzipped it, generated wallet address and so on. Also kept running votecoind in the background.

Thanks in advance.

Practically, no! 2-7 sol is often quoted (votecoind can mine but ..)- the network hash is currently > 700 K - you might get 1 coin every now and again
Activity: 164
I will try this on Windows 7 x64. When will you release GUI wallet for x64?

Hello miners. I would like to encourage you to mine VoteCoin, to get some free coins.
It is using equihash algo (like ZCASH, Komodo, Hush, etc.)
There is currently network hashrate of only 100Ksol/s
Currently VoteCoin is not listed at any exchange yet. So it is unclear what the price will be.
But we're running ICO and there are already some users who buy VOT for 0.00002 BTC.
Download Windows wallet here:
https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases/download/v1.0.11-win32/VoteCoin.standalone.Win32.zip
More infos at VoteCoin website:
https://votecoin.site/
Official mining pool (0% fee) is here:
http://pool.votecoin.site/
Activity: 246
----- Noob Alert -----

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 35
I think the official pool still works, but statistic site have some trouble or just take ages to load.
Activity: 4
Activity: 173
What is the synchronization error in my wallet?  Huh

Activity: 146
If votecoin will be listed in any exchange, you can apply to coinmarketcap.
One more step forward.

Why not list Votecoin at kraken.com exchange? Smiley
Is listing price too high?
Pages:
Jump to: