Pages:
Author

Topic: [Minera v0.9.0] Your next mining dashboard - S9/L3+/D3/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer - page 42. (Read 850409 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
@michelem

Do you perhaps maybe have an estimate on a release date.. ?
am waiting anxiously for the new release.. ?
also wanted to find out if the Silverfish will be supported in the next release as it is a network miner
although it uses SFMiner.

Great work.
Thanks.

issue with silverfish miners is that they can only be recognized by the sfminer software.  That software if you get an older version is actually rather nice.. You can do profit switching based on difficulty of the coin its mining if you know how to set it up.  Ver 2.1.  if you get later version they pulled it out. think last one was ver 3.  As far as i know there is no api access on sfminer and i dont think minera would be able to operate it.  Reason i asked on antminer was that i know back in version 0.4 it included cgminer 3.7.2 for scrypt as i used it to run my gridminer towers.  Ill do some digging for the link for software but the company that produced miners along with software are no longer in business.. was f2pool that ran silverfish.

Best Regards
d57heinz

Don't they also have to have  some kind of network port that needs to be active some place or it stops mining , i want one or all most bought one till i saw something about a port had to be active or it stopped mining if it couldn't renew a address or the miner some how ?. unless some one fixed it.I think  all you can do in minera for this is monitor it as a network miner, some one else on the forums told me sf don't use cgminer or bfg etc it uses it's own custom made software miner, how true that is can't say.  
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
@michelem

also wanted to find out if the Silverfish will be supported in the next release as it is a network miner

Great work.
Thanks.

issue with silverfish miners is that they can only be recognized by the sfminer software.  That software if you get an older version is actually rather nice.. You can do profit switching based on difficulty of the coin its mining if you know how to set it up.  Ver 2.1.  if you get later version they pulled it out. think last one was ver 3.  As far as i know there is no api access on sfminer and i dont think minera would be able to operate it.  Reason i asked on antminer was that i know back in version 0.4 it included cgminer 3.7.2 for scrypt as i used it to run my gridminer towers.  Ill do some digging for the link for software but the company that produced miners along with software are no longer in business.. was f2pool that ran silverfish.

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary
Activity: 1015
@michelem

Great work.
Thanks.

I'm really near to complete a usable version of it, but there are still some things to do/fix, so I hope in some weeks to release the beta version (September/October).
For the SFminer I don't know it, could you point me to an official website? But I don't think it will be usable with Minera. This version is done basically to parse only Cgminer API (by now).
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
@michelem

Great work.
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
@michelem

Great progress on your software.  I havent used it in quite some time. back in 2014 when i had gridminers. I believe was ver 0.4.. Anyway glad to see your still hard at work... Would you be interested in this or know of someone that can get this done for us.  Please see this thread.  Thanks in advance  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15771902

BEst Regards
d57heinz
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
i tried to edit the file but no luck..

i think the issue is i cant use the restart command in bfgminer, S-B-Y
if i do that a random amount of usbs will be detected.. sometimes zero..

if close bfgminer and restart it, then all 8 are back working again.

legendary
News about the new Minera project

Hello guys, we are in the middle of the summer and the new Minera is progressing very well, there is still some missing features I really want to add before the first public release, so it's not time to celebrate yet but the things are moving and the direction is right Smiley

These are some of the features implemented and how it will work:

- There will be 3 main resource with relative repository: System, Miner and Pool. A system is any Linux system (probably Windows too in future) you want to use to control your mining devices. A miner is a local (USB) or network miner device. A pool, you know what is a pool Smiley
- You will be able to have infinite systems/miners/pools saved on your account (in beta test)
- There will be a single global and public URL with secure authentication to access your resources, control, manage and monitor them
- There will be a unique pools repository where you can save your favorite pools to add them to your miners easily without retyping them every time.
- There will be a tiny client software to be installed in each system you want to use to monitor and control your mining devices. This client will be "close source" to increase security, so you will download a binary file. When you start your client it will connect to the central Minera server and it will keep everything synchronised.

In your new Minera dashboard you will find a lot of info about your systems and miners:

- you will be able to move your miners (virtually) from a system to another one
- any miner will throw errors in a fancy way to notify you instantly for problems
- you will be able to view the history logs and notifications
- you will be able to choose to be notified by email too for specific events
- there will be many events like system offline, system online, miner unreachable, miner errors, pool last share, etc...
- you will be able to completely manage pools on fly without restart the miners
- you will be able to manage some miner configuration on fly like the frequency
- you will be able to schedule specific tasks like frequency and pool switching
- you haven't anymore to refresh the page or the data to get the fresh info from your miners, everything will be shown in REAL-TIME with different delays for different user levels (in beta the default delay will be 3 seconds, this means the data will be automatically refreshed every 3 seconds)
- there will be charts completely drawn in real-time for online resources, you will see the charts moving and there will be also charts for historic data
- there will be different views for each resource, Systems list, Miners list, System view and Miner view, each view has its own specific data displayed to have generic and detailed views of your systems/miners

This is almost everything I developed or I'm going to do. Initially you will be able to add only Network devices and particularly Antminers.
The beta program will start for Antminers only (or any similar network device, it must run cgminer).
After the initial beta release I will start working on USB/local devices.

Beta program will be free for everyone, but probably with some ads without the ability to remove them. After the beta you will be able to buy a premium service without ads. I don't know how many premium plans will be available with what prices, etc... This will be announced later.

I think you will love it and I hope to release something asap but not before a couple of months, so be patience you will be prize Smiley

I'll update you on this, in the meanwhile have a great summer!
legendary
i found an issue, i am using minera with bfgminer to run 8 futurebit scrypt miners..

i have it set to restart when one goes offline for more then 600 seconds..

when it happens.. this happens.

Code:
 [2016-07-28 02:21:08] Started bfgminer 5.2.0-147-gff6ef5b
 [2016-07-28 02:21:08] Loaded configuration file /var/www/html/minera/conf/miner_conf.json
 [2016-07-28 02:21:09] /dev/ttyUSB7 is already in use by another process
 [2016-07-28 02:21:09] /dev/ttyUSB6 is already in use by another process
 [2016-07-28 02:21:09] /dev/ttyUSB3 is already in use by another process
 [2016-07-28 02:21:09] /dev/ttyUSB2 is already in use by another process
 [2016-07-28 02:21:09] /dev/ttyUSB5 is already in use by another process
 [2016-07-28 02:21:09] /dev/ttyUSB4 is already in use by another process
 [2016-07-28 02:21:09] /dev/ttyUSB0 is already in use by another process
 [2016-07-28 02:21:09] /dev/ttyUSB1 is already in use by another process
 [2016-07-28 02:21:09] No devices detected!

perhaps something needs to be added to the restart command that kills the process first?

You can try to change this line: https://github.com/michelem09/minera/blob/6fa79a07255b4d432c015cf309e6c1684cd7a634/application/models/util_model.php#L1758

From sleep(1) to sleep(10) (seconds)

ok changed, let you know if it worked.

thanks.

legendary
i found an issue, i am using minera with bfgminer to run 8 futurebit scrypt miners..

Code:
 [2016-07-28 02:21:08] Loaded configuration file /var/www/html/minera/conf/miner_conf.json

perhaps something needs to be added to the restart command that kills the process first?

You can try to change this line: https://github.com/michelem09/minera/blob/6fa79a07255b4d432c015cf309e6c1684cd7a634/application/models/util_model.php#L1758

From sleep(1) to sleep(10) (seconds)
legendary

Code:

legendary
i just got this all installed on my raspberry pi b model how do i start it now

Look at your Raspberry IP and use it in your browser: http:///minera
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need
i just got this all installed on my raspberry pi b model how do i start it now
legendary
any idea yet on prices ?. I don't mind paying for a level of use i need like i did for awesome miner etc ... Just want to plan for it .

It's too early to speak about prices, I don't want those too high and probably they will be a monthly subscription or something like that, but initially everything will be open and free for everybody.
Unfortunately there is still a lot of work to do (A LOT) but I really hope to release something by the end of the summer.

Please if you'd like to see some specific features in the new version of Minera, tell me that now, so we can discuss about it.
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
I'll check S3/S5 and will keep you posted (prob next week)
legendary

Very good, I will bother you to join the beta program when I will be ready, by now you could start change your Antminers config to accept API requests from your controller (raspberry of what else it will be), check this outdated reference https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Network-mining-devices
This will be required by the new Minera too.

I think that's the default now on S3/S5/S7 (I don't have a S9 to try)

here's the /config/cgminer.conf on a default S7:

Code:
"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-groups" : "A:stats:pools:devs:summary:version",
"api-allow" : "A:0/0,W:*",
"bitmain-use-vil" : true,
"bitmain-freq" : "700",
"bitmain-voltage" : "0706"

Ooooh great, I didn't know that. Thanks
zOU
★ these are stars ★

Very good, I will bother you to join the beta program when I will be ready, by now you could start change your Antminers config to accept API requests from your controller (raspberry of what else it will be), check this outdated reference https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Network-mining-devices

I think that's the default now on S3/S5/S7 (I don't have a S9 to try)

here's the /config/cgminer.conf on a default S7:

Code:
"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-groups" : "A:stats:pools:devs:summary:version",
"api-allow" : "A:0/0,W:*",
"bitmain-use-vil" : true,
"bitmain-freq" : "700",
"bitmain-voltage" : "0706"
legendary

Thank you !

I'm planning to install my S3+ and S5's in the following at a place with free/very cheap power, so I would definitely be interested in that tool.
The person who's going to host the miners can't manage them and it's 500km away...

And just to let you know, the new Minera will require at least one system/controller to work like now, there will be a binary file (the Minera Client) and some packages to install but you will not need anymore a web server and complex configurations to run it because it will be included in the client itself.
zOU
★ these are stars ★

Yes here are some updates:

* unfortunately the project will take more than expected so I think we have to wait the end of the summer to see something (September? October? I hope)
* the project initially will have the ability to monitor ONLY network miners (Antminer and so on), but I hope to extend it to local miners (USB) soon
* it will have a beta program with full and free access for everybody
* at the end of the beta program there will be some plans to choose, from free plan to premium one, each plan will have different features and limits

I'd like to share some screenshots with you but it's too early and I don't want to ruin the surprise ;-)

So something cool is coming but we need more time to see it.
In the meantime enjoy the summer!

Thank you !

I'm planning to install my S3+ and S5's in the following at a place with free/very cheap power, so I would definitely be interested in that tool.
The person who's going to host the miners can't manage them and it's 500km away...
legendary
Hello my friends,
what do you think about a new way to manage your miners?

I mean a way to use multiple miner softwares in the same system, without the need to connect locally to your system but having all your systems and miners in a public website where you can access from everywhere and every device with your user and give access to other users and have email/sms notification when something goes wrong and a lot of new other stuff like this.

Would you like it? Would you spend a bit for it?

Well, stay tuned guys, things are moving :-)

Hello Michelem,

July has come and I for one certainly hope this project is going to happen !

Do you have any update to share ?

Thank you !

Yes here are some updates:

* unfortunately the project will take more than expected so I think we have to wait the end of the summer to see something (September? October? I hope)
* the project initially will have the ability to monitor ONLY network miners (Antminer and so on), but I hope to extend it to local miners (USB) soon
* it will have a beta program with full and free access for everybody
* at the end of the beta program there will be some plans to choose, from free plan to premium one, each plan will have different features and limits

I'd like to share some screenshots with you but it's too early and I don't want to ruin the surprise ;-)

So something cool is coming but we need more time to see it.
In the meantime enjoy the summer!

zOU
★ these are stars ★
Hello my friends,
what do you think about a new way to manage your miners?

I mean a way to use multiple miner softwares in the same system, without the need to connect locally to your system but having all your systems and miners in a public website where you can access from everywhere and every device with your user and give access to other users and have email/sms notification when something goes wrong and a lot of new other stuff like this.

Would you like it? Would you spend a bit for it?

Well, stay tuned guys, things are moving :-)

Hello Michelem,

July has come and I for one certainly hope this project is going to happen !

Do you have any update to share ?

Thank you !
Pages:
Jump to: