Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining Equipment Manufacturers - page 5. (Read 55638 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
September 09, 2013, 03:29:35 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3115839

I don't think everyone needs to.abandon.  For the sake of community development. I'd say we finish the project.  If a handful exist  that's okay. I understand people are MIA as well as nerve racked.  That is why I believe wr need fresh hands and eyes on this project.  

Absolutely! I'm not advocating we abandon the project. But there's no point in continuing the design using first-generation Avalon chips. They are obsolete. At this point, with an assembled board in hand, if you mine forever, you will not make back the cost of the miner. However, we can retarget for a different chip and, at the very least, break even.

The design is fully functional, the only thing that needs to be finished is firmware.
I have two boards hashing with only one side (with 8 chips) at about 3Ghps, ~3% ER (without USB ferrite beads), chips overclocked to 375MHz with no overvolt. Other side on each board has few chips that do not respond, but this is because those chips were poorly soldered. And on every board it's different side. Tried to fix it yesterday, but was unsuccessful, and now waiting for solder wick and isopropylalcohol.
I've also tried some modifications in firmware for 16 chips, but it wasn't really usable. The board with that did hash faster, but had around 20% ER - which is a firmware and poorly assembled chips problem, not the design one. Now waiting with this until I fix the other side, then will continue working on FW.
Tried also to contact one of the companies, that claimed to have fully working board (with firmware that hash with all 16 chips), but they did not respond. Anyone here can guess why.
About the ROI, it really is gone now, but you have to take into account, that BTC price will likely go up, so even if you lose now, you can gain later. Especially if you've already made an investment in the HW, chips etc.

Edit:
And about changing the HW for next gen Avalon chips (or any other chips), who is going to make this? Bkk seems to be gone (probably get sick of all the events regarding chips delivery, companies taking advantage of opensource project and giving nothing back) and there is noone (even in the group of those companies, which started their business on this) who is able to make this change.

Is it not possible for you guys to use TerraHash's stuff? They said they have working k16's with less than 1% error rates.

What Terrahash stuff? They have used stuff that Bkk made as opensource. To be absolutely clear on this, I've wrote to them about mine board with 4 chips assembled hashing at 400MHz with around 0.6% ER, when they were asking me via PM about the changes in HW I made to get it working. They were not able to fix even this for the whole time. They claimed even here on this forum, that the design is wrong.
Later, when they did claimed at 5th of September, that they do have a working board, and the only issue there is I2C, I've wrote them again, asking what firmware changes do they made to hash with all 16 chips and that low error rate.
They didn't even bother to wrote me back.
So what do they actually have? Nothing? Lies?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
September 09, 2013, 02:27:32 PM
This was the original post, and a countdown timer was also listed in the thread. However, in order to be fair, we'd need a proof of shipment and give TH an opportunity to respond, which they are very poor at doing.

Where is Terrahash? They are not responding to emails, tickets, voice call (mail box still not setup).
They are obviously monitoring the forum though.

Let it be known that Terrahash has my chips today. So the two weeks clock starts now.
I need to know what size and spec of fan to buy but I can't find the info as terrahash is not responding to anything.

Where is Terrahash? They are not responding to emails, tickets, voice call (mail box still not setup).
They are obviously monitoring the forum though.

Let it be known that Terrahash has my chips today. So the two weeks clock starts now.
I need to know what size and spec of fan to buy but I can't find the info as terrahash is not responding to anything.

Looks like someone called TH's bluff.
Now we will see...

Timer removed. End time: 2013-09-13+24:00:00EDT

hey Thanks for that Wink I don't know if I should consider myself lucky or not. At one hand it feels like I'm the last one thru this "yifu-gate" and that hopefully difficulty would not rise as much with this mass refund, on the other there is no going back for me now and I might not make ROI with all other big guys shipping....To top it off, Terrahash might not have initiative or ability to manufacture my order anymore and I will stuck with shiny little chips with no refund.

To all the naysayer, Terrahash has been communicating through PM but please don't flood him with pm; he's a busy man Wink

I just want to reiterate to Terrahash to help me help you prove the naysayer wrong by sticking to your two weeks promise.
But be frank I'm a bit worry because from potential working prototype tomorrow (08/29) to full shipping production in two  weeks doesn't sound too realistic to me. But I hope you prove me wrong. Thanks.
Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
September 09, 2013, 01:03:39 PM
I watched TerraHash since the day they announced.  I know there have been some rough times, but I haven't seen anything to convince me that they aren't honest.  
That being said, is there any reason to not have a video?  I think sensei and burnin have posted theirs a while back.

I agree with you, however I think they are really trying to work towards getting their K64 working (BKK never finished the firmware for linking the boards and he hasn't been on the forums for a while so they are on their own).

I'll try to reach out to them to try and get a video (They are very bad at communicating, I'll give the Terrahash Haters that one).
Thanks, that would make everyone more comfortable.  Well..  as much as possible in an awful situation.

Instead of listening to the "haters" and the biggest cheerleader of TH, please note, they were sent Avalon chips by someone on their thread, and TH has promised to turn around that order in 2 weeks.

You can ignore all the past promises broken, along with the poor communications, if they don't meet this promise, I would remove them.

That leaves it very simple.
True, we do need a neutral metric that we can hold mining equipment manufacturers to.  I'll watch for the result of this, should be very telling of what will happen in the future.
-edit Who is getting the unit?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
September 09, 2013, 12:48:58 PM
Instead of listening to the "haters" and the biggest cheerleader of TH, please note, they were sent Avalon chips by someone on their thread, and TH has promised to turn around that order in 2 weeks.

You can ignore all the past promises broken, along with the poor communications, if they don't meet this promise, I would remove them.

That leaves it very simple.
decentralizedhashing.com
September 09, 2013, 11:54:59 AM
I watched TerraHash since the day they announced.  I know there have been some rough times, but I haven't seen anything to convince me that they aren't honest. 
That being said, is there any reason to not have a video?  I think sensei and burnin have posted theirs a while back.
September 09, 2013, 11:31:25 AM
Terrahash is not tested... please update your charts.. they cant even get a k16 hashing correctly
Really?  Damn.  I was sure that I read they had at least one working unit.

Please be careful who you listen to on here. Kkooks is not a very reliable source.

Please see the following post from Terrahash.

One of the assembled K64s, that I am trying to get running. Individual K16s are working with less than 1% error rate. There is some issue with I2C (board to board) communication, that I am hoping to iron out by tonight.

"Individual K16s are working with less than 1% error rate"

No proof of this at all, video please or it didnt happen.
decentralizedhashing.com
September 08, 2013, 11:19:11 PM
Ok, fixed.  Thanks!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
September 08, 2013, 10:48:13 PM
Terrahash is not tested... please update your charts.. they cant even get a k16 hashing correctly
Really?  Damn.  I was sure that I read they had at least one working unit.

they got one hashing... but running poorly...IMO development fail.
decentralizedhashing.com
September 08, 2013, 05:18:40 PM
Really?  Damn.  I was sure that I read they had at least one working unit.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
September 08, 2013, 04:20:31 PM
decentralizedhashing.com
September 08, 2013, 03:31:35 PM
Changed many lead times to reflect a more accurate picture.  Difficulty range is higher.

pls add coincraft desk&rig to list
Thanks for the tip!
When I go to add them, though, I'm not seeing definitive information with the price and GH together.  They state a few numbers, but they are disconnected.  If there is a spot that shows this I would be grateful for a link. 

I suppose they do have some pretty definitive numbers up, but they're just a little disconnected, I hate to guess and be wrong.
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
September 08, 2013, 01:01:29 PM
Changed many lead times to reflect a more accurate picture.  Difficulty range is higher.

pls add coincraft desk&rig to list
decentralizedhashing.com
September 08, 2013, 12:31:18 PM
I wouldn't bother with a year projection.  Just do 6 months and have the lowest rung be 20%.  I think even very unlikely we will see under 20% again for the next 6 months.  Right now your charts are doing a disservice to miners with difficulty curve stuck in the GPU days.
Yup, working on it.  Also fixing my house to sell, unfortunately.  Actually 4 month is a little more accurate for most.  Rather than just have a set # of months, though, I'm planning on showing when each miner should be turned off depending on electricity cost.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 08, 2013, 11:36:27 AM
Yeah, I'm keeping them on for a while so people know what the deal is.
I was thinking recently that I'm going to split the table into machines that can pay for their selves at a 20% rise in difficulty.  Problem is there would only be 2 or 3 on the table at this point.

I wouldn't bother with a year projection.  Just do 6 months and have the lowest rung be 20%.  I think even very unlikely we will see under 20% again for the next 6 months.  Right now your charts are doing a disservice to miners with difficulty curve stuck in the GPU days.
decentralizedhashing.com
September 08, 2013, 11:21:25 AM
Yeah, I'm keeping them on for a while so people know what the deal is.
I was thinking recently that I'm going to split the table into machines that can pay for their selves at a 20% rise in difficulty.  Problem is there would only be 2 or 3 on the table at this point.
September 08, 2013, 12:56:45 AM
FCTaiChi,
Why are the avalon based miners still in the table?
Based upon the chip orders being refunded in full and BKKCoins going dark, its not looking good at all.
decentralizedhashing.com
September 07, 2013, 11:10:17 PM
decentralizedhashing.com
September 07, 2013, 01:19:51 AM
Hey FCTaiChi,

If you know of any good ones, could you point out some sites where we can chart the historical & annual network difficulty? [Same question goes to forum members that may know]

Also, I'm sure you've ran the numbers but at what annual difficulty percentage does *everyone's* ROI fall into the red? 30%? 35%?

Cheers!
I think you have to go up to about 35% to kill the October delivery BitFury model.  The rest seem to drop off below 30%

Any reason you are showing November KnC Products but not End of September/October KnC Products?
Didn't they stop that pricing?
I do intend to increase the time span into the past soon, though, so that the tables are useful for people who have already bought their machines.  Also I have some graphs that I'm working on that should make this more clear.
Activity: 364
September 06, 2013, 11:45:18 PM
Hey FCTaiChi,

If you know of any good ones, could you point out some sites where we can chart the historical & annual network difficulty? [Same question goes to forum members that may know]

Also, I'm sure you've ran the numbers but at what annual difficulty percentage does *everyone's* ROI fall into the red? 30%? 35%?

Cheers!
decentralizedhashing.com
September 06, 2013, 10:46:21 PM
HashFast sent notice that they have completed the first tape out.

http://decentralizedhashing.com/2013/09/hashfast-tape-golden-nonce-chip/
Pages:
Jump to: