Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 124. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

Nice work with the new Voltage update , keep up the good work.

Any reason to update if i am mining ETH only , everything is rock stable for me with the same old image for 8 months now .
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Can you please add the new BTMiner Nebutech V9.0 as there is a 30% improvement in hashrate?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Activity: 78
You're a legend for doing this. Hats off to all your hard work and support throughout this thread!
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
No, its not broken! It works perfect!
1063 Palit Dual = 23 Mh/s and 67w  Cool Cool Cool
For nvidia it works but for AMD it does not Smiley
Anyway fixed image will be today Smiley

Dear Sirs,
Is it possible to use third party USB Watchdogs in SMOS?
Thank you
Right now we are not planning to implement this feature as we need to implement most wanted features first.
Activity: 29
Dear Sirs,

Is it possible to use third party USB Watchdogs in SMOS?

Thank you
No, this one is broken.
Most probably today we will upload newer fixed image.
Right now you can use older image or wait for new.
I will write in changelog when i will upload new one Smiley

No, its not broken! It works perfect!
1063 Palit Dual = 23 Mh/s and 67w  Cool Cool Cool
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
No, this one is broken.
Most probably today we will upload newer fixed image.
Right now you can use older image or wait for new.
I will write in changelog when i will upload new one Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1112
LLP Programming & Electronics
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hello Tytanic. Is something changed with the fan control, when using undervolting? Maybe I,m wrong, but the fan speed changing much slower then before?
If they are running slower and you have the same temperature then this is desired property of fixed undervolting.
But if someone had bad values like 800-850 uv or lower than 6 powerstage level then in deed he could have some problems.

If anyone have problem with his rig please just ask on chat.simplemining.net
We are here to help Smiley
Activity: 6
It's been almost a day downtime for me, and my clocks that have been stable for over a year no longer work. The only stable voltages I can get are over 100w more per rig and the fans are screaming... Thinking of just switching back to windows. I've tried everything with the new "aggressive undervolting" enabled and disabled.
Activity: 14
Hello Tytanic. Is something changed with the fan control, when using undervolting? Maybe I,m wrong, but the fan speed changing much slower then before?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Also i noticed that newest image is causing on some rigs 4MH/s
So if someone have this problem i suggest using older image while we will investigate whats wrong.

We are investigating, the overclocking did not worked on this newest image so i suggest using older one.
We are looking why is this happening right now.

We also have another small bug that rigs saying at the boot that they cannot connect to simplemining.net
It is false positive but we will fix that in about 1 hour.

EDIT: false positive message about connection problem solved
And new image will be released soon with even newer drivers than before , we found problem Smiley
Activity: 5
After flashing new image, ethminer-v0.15.0 works as it should. Thanks Tytanick!

So if someone have this problem i suggest using older image while we will investigate whats wrong.

https://download.simplemining.net/SimpleMiningOS-NV-RX-v1176-4.17.1-amd18.10.img.zip

Indeed i confirm the same on RX 580 12x, it is the same with aggressive undervaluing on and off. But this is more than normal in such major release to have some bugs Wink
Congrats for the hard work and all the efforts invested to make this bloody undervolting happen under linux!!
Activity: 15

SOME TUTORIAL ABOUT AGGRESIVE UNDERVOLTING.
I suggest stepping every 25
So 950 -> 925 -> 900 -> 875 -> 850

Very thanks for new undervilting, all work fine on RX 588 SE!

For fine tuning i'm using polaris bios standart voltages: 800 812 825 837 850 862 875 887 900 912 925 937 950
And lock PowerStage to 0
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

https://download.simplemining.net/SimpleMiningOS-NV-RX-v1176-4.17.1-amd18.10.img.zip
Activity: 7

New OS image
If you have newer Nvidia GPUs you can reflash your rig with that image but if it is working fine then it is no need to reflash
- newest kernel 4.17.14
- newest amd driver 18.20
- newest nvidia driver 396.51
- image is available for RX/NV in the About OS menu
- drivers are never updated in auto-updates becasue it would broke your rig ofcourse.

Guys. few posts back you will see

I suggest looking at it Smiley

and also:

New OS image
If you have newer Nvidia GPUs you can reflash your rig with that image but if it is working fine then it is no need to reflash
- newest kernel 4.17.14
- drivers are never updated in auto-updates becasue it would broke your rig ofcourse.

Nice job BRO! Nice job!
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Guys. few posts back you will see

I suggest looking at it Smiley

and also:

New OS image
- newest kernel 4.17.14
Activity: 127
Just tested aggressive undervolt with one of my rigs: 6x Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB Hynix. It was 940W before and now it's 827W. OC setup is: core 1200, mem 2200, undervolt 850.
Looks like assigning to groups is not working. It's switching to default all the time.
Hi, right now it is working.
Yes we had error in our system which existed for about 30-60 minutes.
That error caused that if rig was reloaded or rebooted itself with that time, then it group changed to defualt one from your list.
Please verify if your rigs are in right groups.

Seems to be ok now. Thanks.
Jump to: