Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 125. (Read 835515 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Yes we had error in our system which existed for about 30-60 minutes.
That error caused that if rig was reloaded or rebooted itself with that time, then it group changed to defualt one from your list.
Please verify if your rigs are in right groups.

Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Quote from: tytanick
Update v1183 and dashboard v3068
-aggressive undervolting (in rig RX OC settings)
-Telegram notifications now work also in telegram groups
-hovering on rig name will now show driver version and max cuda version on nvidia rigs
-t-rex miner syntax parser
-big changes in code to fix some issues in dashboard
- added bminer-v10.2.0

Just tested aggressive undervolt with one of my rigs: 6x Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB Hynix. It was 940W before and now it's 827W. OC setup is: core 1200, mem 2200, undervolt 850.

Looks like assigning to groups is not working. It's switching to default all the time.

Edit 1: looks like dashboard (groups) is fixed now.

Edit 2: Seems my rig was not stable at 850mV and core1200/mem2200/powerstage 2. I had to change to 875mV and now seems to be stable. Power from the wall - 835W.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Also, i get the big orange bar that says Error CSRF token.
I'm getting the same error from time to time.
It is now fixed, some bug in our dashboard.

Update v1183 and dashboard v3068
-aggressive undervolting (in rig RX OC settings)
-Telegram notifications now work also in telegram groups
-hovering on rig name will now show driver version and max cuda version on nvidia rigs
-t-rex miner syntax parser
-big changes in code to fix some issues in dashboard
- added bminer-v10.2.0

SOME TUTORIAL ABOUT AGGRESIVE UNDERVOLTING.
Here is How to proceed with new aggresive undervolting.
OK lets begin that your current settings could not work after you will switch your rig to aggresive undervolting.
This is becasue some GPUs do not like standard undervolting and they just did not undervolted at all.
So if you had very low values and you switch to aggresive undervolting then it will just crash rig and reboot it over and over...
Sooo let me tell you what you should do now....
Open overclocking window in your RigList.
Then if you had PowerStage at 0-4 i suggest going to powerstage 5 or 6.
Then you should start undervolting from values like 950 and test rig for few minutes if it will be working fine and not rebooting.
Ofcourse TURN ON aggresive undervolt swtich to "Blue" position Smiley
You can see uptime in minutes by hovering on rig status "ON"
If it is stable for few minutes then you can start going lower.
I suggest stepping every 25
So 950 -> 925 -> 900 -> 875 -> 850
You can start with lower value and see if it will work or not for example 850.
And rise if it is unstable.

You can also play with powerstage lets say 4

OK.
Undervolting will cause that gpu takes less wattage to work.
So temperature will drop or if you have target temperature set to some max level then you will see drop in fan speed.
You can write down temperature and fanspeed for tests.
But the real meter would be wall power meter which will show you exactly what is going on there Smiley

P.S By default aggresive undervolting is turned off on old rigs to remain compatibility.
But it is enabled on all new added rigs.
Aggresive undervolting is suggested method and it is not dangerous at all.
If something will be wrong then GPU will just crash or become unstable Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
@tytanick
can you install a SGminer that is compatible to mine Bitcore (timetravel10) with Simplemining? All i have testet will not work.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I have an question. Does SMOS require any specific CPU? Or can it be run at this computer? https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=61454 If so, you could turn that badass to a 4 graphics card mining machine Smiley

this device has an ARM processor. you would require an OS that support RISC instruction set. Simplemining OS is based on Ubuntu, and does not support this hardware.
Activity: 98
Merit: 6
I have an question. Does SMOS require any specific CPU? Or can it be run at this computer? https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=61454 If so, you could turn that badass to a 4 graphics card mining machine Smiley
I'm getting the same error from time to time.
Activity: 16
Thank you for the quick guide.

What does that mean?
Activity: 29

Hi, recently i had someone that GTX1060 powerlimit was not working and it was due to unsupported GPU by current driver.
So if thats the case then i think reflashing your pendrive will solve this problem
https://download.simplemining.net/SimpleMiningOS-NV-RX-v1182-4.17.14-amd18.20-nv396.51.img.zip
So, download, reflash, change email (now editing this file will work even under MacOS) and then save, unmount and boot on rig.
All settings should be ofcourse downloaded from server so no need to do anything else.
Just please check if this is working fine and please tell me if by any chance you had PALIT GPU - becasue that was the case last time in other user rig ? Cheesy
Also if you guys will have more issues, please write to [email protected]
We have official support by email as writing on forum is not so easy/fast/good.... etc ....

Thank you BRO!
Yes I have Palit Dual rigs Smiley))))
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Changelog:
ADDED z-enemy-v1.17-cuda9.1
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Maybe I set the question in bad way but I meant not to undervolt Nvidia cards but to make lower power limit as much as possible.
I am waiting when there will be possible to install 396 Nvidia driver in SMOS to lower -pl to 65w on my 1063 cards rigs.
And as long as its still be 390 Nvidia driver in SMOS I will NOT register my rigs here and will continue to use Ubuntu.

Sorry, Tytanick

Hi, recently i had someone that GTX1060 powerlimit was not working and it was due to unsupported GPU by current driver.
So if thats the case then i think reflashing your pendrive will solve this problem
https://download.simplemining.net/SimpleMiningOS-NV-RX-v1182-4.17.14-amd18.20-nv396.51.img.zip
So, download, reflash, change email (now editing this file will work even under MacOS) and then save, unmount and boot on rig.
All settings should be ofcourse downloaded from server so no need to do anything else.
Just please check if this is working fine and please tell me if by any chance you had PALIT GPU - becasue that was the case last time in other user rig ? Cheesy
Also if you guys will have more issues, please write to [email protected]
We have official support by email as writing on forum is not so easy/fast/good.... etc ....

@tytanick, I apologize for my ignorance, i have no idea what you are talking about or how to set up. I reviewed the help section and could not locate anything in there.
Is there someplace you can point me to to get this step completed.
Thank you.
Thats becasue i am not focusing on documentation and rather i am trying to make everyting as easies as possible and in most cases people figure everything out Cheesy
Lets call this mistery and adventure in my OS Tongue

OK, after loggin in into your dashboard, please click in right top corner in your email adress (geat icon).
Then you will have few things there : 2fa and telegram notifications.
Proceed steps there and it will be working Smiley
In future there will be more notifications than online/offline rigs but we need more time.
And i did not made email notifications on purpuse. We do not want to spam it as we can use telegram much better notifications.
Activity: 65
Maybe I set the question in bad way but I meant not to undervolt Nvidia cards but to make lower power limit as much as possible.
I am waiting when there will be possible to install 396 Nvidia driver in SMOS to lower -pl to 65w on my 1063 cards rigs.
And as long as its still be 390 Nvidia driver in SMOS I will NOT register my rigs here and will continue to use Ubuntu.

Sorry, Tytanick
Activity: 16
Is there any way that you can set a script so that if any rig that is in the list goes off line some sort of email is sent?

There is Telegram notification that will send message when your rigs did not reported in last 15 minutes.

@tytanick, I apologize for my ignorance, i have no idea what you are talking about or how to set up. I reviewed the help section and could not locate anything in there.
Is there someplace you can point me to to get this step completed.
Thank you.

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
P.S.
When we could make real undervolting of Nvidia cards with 396 Nvidia driver and Cuda 9.2 ?
Regards

Unfortunatly no, The nvidia does not support undervolting right now.
Only way to limit power usage is by setting powerlimit in watts. This will lower power consumption.
For examplke GTX1070 takes like 160 watts and lowering to 110 watts will not affect mining speed at all Smiley

Hi. I never participated in this type of investment. Is it a scam? What is the minimum capital to join and profit?
Simplemining.net is not investment. We are only service provider for easy operating system with many scripts + cloud dashboard to manage rig remotly.
Whole rig (PC computer with GPU units) is something that you need tu buy yourself and see if it will be profitable or not.
Unfortunatly i cannot advice if it is profitable or not. I am not here for that Smiley
I suggest going to those two websites and see for yourself how it was until now.
https://whattomine.com/
https://www.etherchain.org/charts/miningRevenue (from those amunts you need to substract power costs ofcourse)
I can say that right now this is worst time in profitability.
We will implement AMD aggresive undervolting option in OC modal in few days.
This will be as a "TICK".
All new rigs from release point will have it as default but all old rigs will have it as disabled to make sure that they will not crash or freeze.
Anyway the aggresive undervolting will solve once for all the undervolting issues.
Right now the Undervolting under AMD is hit or miss. It will work on some GPU bioses and will not work on others.
The Aggresive undervolting will force all states to use lower voltages and this will cause the real wanted undervolting.
This is top priority now but as we have few other things in progress - it will slow down release.
It should be ready within 7 days.
I hope you will all like it Smiley

Great news!
Thanks! Will be waiting for it to make real undervolting

P.S.

When we could make real undervolting of Nvidia cards with 396 Nvidia driver and Cuda 9.2 ?

Regards
BTW. We will implement AMD aggresive undervolting option in OC modal in few days.
All new rigs from release point will have it as default but all old rigs will have it as disabled to make sure that they will not crash or freeze.
Anyway the aggresive undervolting will solve once for all the undervolting issues.
Right now the Undervolting under AMD is hit or miss. It will work on some GPU bioses and will not work on others.
The Aggresive undervolting will force all states to use lower voltages and this will cause the real wanted undervolting.
This is top priority now but as we have few other things in progress - it will slow down release.
We really like it  Smiley Smiley Smiley Roll Eyes Finally. Can't wait for it.
Activity: 154
Hi. I never participated in this type of investment. Is it a scam? What is the minimum capital to join and profit?
Activity: 59
Merit: 11
Hi;

I have been mining for 2.5 years, I was aware of "SimpleMining OS" a few minutes ago. I haven't used Linux before, but I want to try it as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Here ya go!

https://youtu.be/JRo6RNk0WhU
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Is there any way that you can set a script so that if any rig that is in the list goes off line some sort of email is sent?

There is Telegram notification that will send message when your rigs did not reported in last 15 minutes.

Can we added Avermore`s sgminer for x16s and x16r FOR AMD?
We are only oadding MOST wanted miners that have significant votes in our voting pool.

I have been mining for 2.5 years, I was aware of "SimpleMining OS" a few minutes ago. I haven't used Linux before, but I want to try it as soon as possible.
I could say the same about bitcoin.. why i discovered it in mid 2011 while it was released at the beggining of 2009.

BTW. We will implement AMD aggresive undervolting option in OC modal in few days.
Jump to: