Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 159. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 10
Do some research. It seems to not be that good. Check youtube. Some are getting high hash rates but but very low on shares submitted!! So that's not good.

Hi citronick,

Are we able to run "OhGodAnETHlargementPill-r2" on SMOS for 1080ti's ETH mining?

Regards,
ltos
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi citronick,

Are we able to run "OhGodAnETHlargementPill-r2" on SMOS for 1080ti's ETH mining?

Regards,
ltos
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi citronick ,

I read that you are using xmr-stak, mining XMR, for your farm.
Could you tell me what is your SMOS setting on xmr-stak for RX580 or RX570 rig?

I would appreciate if you could.

This miner is quite good - all in one - AMD and NVIDIA.

xmr-stak-v2.4.3

Nanopool
-o xmr-asia1.nanopool.org:14444 -u .$rigName --currency monero7 -i 0 -p "" -r ""

Nicehash
--currency monero7 -o cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u .$rigName -p x --use-nicehash
Activity: 17
Hi citronick ,

I read that you are using xmr-stak, mining XMR, for your farm.
Could you tell me what is your SMOS setting on xmr-stak for RX580 or RX570 rig?

I would appreciate if you could.
Activity: 55
Is there a way to run 2 threads with xmr-stak-v2.4.2-cuda8 or set intensity like I can with SGMiner?

I had to change to XMR Stak from SGMiner when everything went to Monero7 and XMR Stak hash rate is really low, I think it must be doing a single thread.

Did you try Claymore instead? I'm getting about 900 with it.

I need something that can do Monero7. Claymore can't unless something changed I'm unaware of. I'm stuck between xmr-stak and xmrig, SGMiner used to work but not since everything forked to Monero7.
SGMiner I could pull 800-900 with my cards but using XMR-stak Im getting 650, I couldn't even get XMRig to work right.

So yeah for like a week I guess, I've been doing XMR-Stak at 650 per card. I just hate I'm missing out on 200+ per card. It runs great but the hash rate sucks. Im guessing its a single thread... I have no idea what to put in the script to get it to run 2 per card. Nothing with my overclock has changed, with SGMiner on cryptonight it would do ~850.

hHASHRATE REPORT - AMD
| ID | 10s | 60s | 15m | ID | 10s | 60s | 15m |
| 0 | 651.1 | 651.3 | (na) | 1 | 646.9 | 647.0 | (na) |
| 2 | 651.4 | 651.3 | (na) | 3 | 650.6 | 650.1 | (na) |
| 4 | 651.3 | 651.5 | (na) | 5 | 649.4 | 650.8 | (na) |
| 6 | 650.0 | 650.1 | (na) | 7 | 650.0 | 650.1 | (na) |
Totals (AMD): 5200.8 5202.1 0.0 H/s

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been using Claymore for Monero7 since the fork. you just have to add the "-pow7 1" option to the rig group config. here's my setup:

xpool stratum+tcp://xmr-us-west1.nanopool.org:14444 -xwal BAHBLAH.BAHBLAH.$rigName/[email protected] -xpsw x -mport -3333 -r 1 -pow7 1
Activity: 32
Quote from: vadimtt722
@vadimtt722
@vadimtt722

So I put this in my script    

Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt --currency intense -o stratum+tcp://pool.fakepoolfakecoin.com:7777 -u walletaddressgoeshere -p x

it created the file, I edited the file with PuTTy, now do I have to leave
Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt
in my script once I have created it, edited it, and saved it, or can that be removed after you load the miner once to create the file? Leaving it in the script won't make it like redownload/replace the edited amd.txt with a non-edited or something?

For now, I left the script like
Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt --amd /home/miner/amd.txt --currency intense -o stratum+tcp://pool.fakepoolfakecoin.com:7777 -u walletaddressgoeshere -p x
and reloaded the miner, a couple cards didn't want to work right so I powered down the system and powered it back up and hash rate went from 5200 H/s to 6811.3 H/s!

Thank you!

Activity: 8
anyone know if there is any project in progress to run simplemining on ps4 jailbreaked?

Activity: 1
Hi, how long does it normally take for SMOS to activate your login?
Activity: 107
Is possible mining IPBC with some miner in SMOS?

IPBC is cryptonight algo, so you can use any of the cryptonight miners like xmrstak by fireice-uk

IPBC is a fork of cryptonight, different from cryptonight7 or cryptonight heavy.
Activity: 8
@tytanick Dashboard shows 4.99MH/s as a total result for my rig 6xRX580 mining Monero7 using Claymore 11.3.
https://image.ibb.co/dJ9jDc/xmr_issue.png
Should be 4.99KH/s Huh

i got the same problem, is fixed?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

IPBC is cryptonight algo, so you can use any of the cryptonight miners like xmrstak by fireice-uk
Activity: 141
How come there is no indepth error logging with SMOS?  like to find out why a rig keeps resetting by looking at the errors or last console message(s) on why it had restarted etc..  This has been main reason why i use windows over SMOS lately because at least i can find out why its crashing.

So there's no way to do this?  I've tried Googling for help, nothing on youtube or anything.  Would assume that being able to check why miners crash and logs would be #1?

https://www.cryptocurrencyfreak.com/2017/09/15/enable-logging-simplemining-os/
Activity: 107
Activity: 32
Hey bud, thanks for the help. I've never done that so you're saying I add this to the start of the script.
Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt and --amd /home/miner/amd.txt
And then I will have to start it in autoconf. Is that the same as just normal assigning a group to a rig and starting it? I run everything remotely through SMOS never done anything more than just make a script and reload miners. You then said to edit the files after it starts and add those commands, I can do that remotely somehow or do I have to take the USB stick I have SMOS on and edit a config file in it somehow, or hook up a keyboard to my rig and edit it?
Yes, you should login to rig using ssh client, like PuTTY (imho best client). Use user: "miner" password: "miner".
Start file manager - "mc" (Midnight Commander).
Select dir /home/miner, highlight "amd.txt" and press F4 (edit file command)
Modify this file and save it (F2).
Then restart miner or reboot rig.
Any hints: gain root(full) access - execute "sudo su"
Reboot rig (only after gain root priv) "reboot now"
View current miner screen "screen -x miner" (only under user miner, not root)
To access to rigs from another network use computer with TeamViewer and ssh-client or configure router for port forward (dnat or netmap, dont forget lock ip's for rigs in dhcp server), last operations is potencially dangerous, but normal for short time use.

Thank you much, I will look into this over the weekend. Very valuable info, mucho gracias.
Activity: 9
How come there is no indepth error logging with SMOS?  like to find out why a rig keeps resetting by looking at the errors or last console message(s) on why it had restarted etc..  This has been main reason why i use windows over SMOS lately because at least i can find out why its crashing.

So there's no way to do this?  I've tried Googling for help, nothing on youtube or anything.  Would assume that being able to check why miners crash and logs would be #1?
Activity: 94
Merit: 1
can you share your smos overclock settings for your 1060? with ethash
-100 core +1600 mem 75W
claymore-eth-v11.7 -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://europe.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17020 -ewal username.$rigName -epsw x -eworker username.$rigName -esm 2 -allpools 1

Higher mem makes it unstable (meaning 1-2 reboots a week). And for kicks it's most probably hanging at startup now, when I'm away for 4 days...

Why do I get the bootup to stop with the screen filled wth all these [OK] lines and at the bottom "Please use ^D to try to continue boot" ?
The only way past this is the ctrl-alt-del and try again, and after a couple of tries I get into Simpleminer.
I have KVM over IP on the way, just to be able to bypass this remotely.

And this rig is not on a smartplug, but that does not always help either, since some MoBos go into Bios instead, so the KVM over IP is needed anyway...
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
So what combos are people finding most profitable right now?
9x 1060 3G Etherium 205 MH/s at pool (24.5 peaks reported on all cards at 75W)
2x 1050 (yeh really) on QC5000M (AMD APU) with XMR-Stak for Monero 678 h/s at 50W

I'm a lazy bum using miningpoolhub (autotransferring to LTC and then to FIAT) which seems to hurt Equihash since the coin flippityflop switching is too slow, sensitive or something.
And the 1060 3G i have seem to have decent memory (no windows in sight to check which), not the 19MH/s crap.
A 1080Ti needs a boner pill to beat a pair of these 1060 on Etherium Smiley

can you share your smos overclock settings for your 1060? with ethash
Activity: 94
Merit: 1
So what combos are people finding most profitable right now?
9x 1060 3G Etherium 205 MH/s at pool (24.5 peaks reported on all cards at 75W)
2x 1050 (yeh really) on QC5000M (AMD APU) with XMR-Stak for Monero 678 h/s at 50W

I'm a lazy bum using miningpoolhub (autotransferring to LTC and then to FIAT) which seems to hurt Equihash since the coin flippityflop switching is too slow, sensitive or something.
And the 1060 3G i have seem to have decent memory (no windows in sight to check which), not the 19MH/s crap.
A 1080Ti needs a boner pill to beat a pair of these 1060 on Etherium Smiley
Activity: 15
Hey bud, thanks for the help. I've never done that so you're saying I add this to the start of the script.
Code:
--config /home/miner/config.txt and --amd /home/miner/amd.txt
And then I will have to start it in autoconf. Is that the same as just normal assigning a group to a rig and starting it? I run everything remotely through SMOS never done anything more than just make a script and reload miners. You then said to edit the files after it starts and add those commands, I can do that remotely somehow or do I have to take the USB stick I have SMOS on and edit a config file in it somehow, or hook up a keyboard to my rig and edit it?
Yes, you should login to rig using ssh client, like PuTTY (imho best client). Use user: "miner" password: "miner".
Start file manager - "mc" (Midnight Commander).
Select dir /home/miner, highlight "amd.txt" and press F4 (edit file command)
Modify this file and save it (F2).
Then restart miner or reboot rig.
Any hints: gain root(full) access - execute "sudo su"
Reboot rig (only after gain root priv) "reboot now"
View current miner screen "screen -x miner" (only under user miner, not root)
To access to rigs from another network use computer with TeamViewer and ssh-client or configure router for port forward (dnat or netmap, dont forget lock ip's for rigs in dhcp server), last operations is potencially dangerous, but normal for short time use.
Jump to: