Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 156. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 906
Merit: 507
I have two questions for the rig mixed r9 270,280,390 the first is can I overclock the cards separately like the Rx cards than the second claymore 11.7 won't work keeps saying something about loading drivers but etherminer works
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I have two questions about SMOS?

- What does it mean don't assign a public ip address to your rig? What if i have a static IP from my isp

-is there any other cost than $2 a month? what miner does SMOS use? Does it use Claymore? if so, what about the Dev fee?
Activity: 600
Merit: 152
I still don't understand why you always choose to answer only some of the questions, specially the ones that are not uncomfortable for you. There have been 5-6 people asking you to implement OhGodAnETHlargementPill as a button, or something else that doesn't need ssh, and you didn't even bother to answer(estimation, negative, affirmative, NOTHING)....

I simply can not understand....

He does state to email him in the event you require technical assistance or have a request. I did just this with my fan issue and received a personal response via email.

Activity: 28
I still don't understand why you always choose to answer only some of the questions, specially the ones that are not uncomfortable for you. There have been 5-6 people asking you to implement OhGodAnETHlargementPill as a button, or something else that doesn't need ssh, and you didn't even bother to answer(estimation, negative, affirmative, NOTHING)....

I simply can not understand....
Activity: 210
Tytanick,

Please update to latest bminer 7.0

https://www.bminer.me/releases/

Still not been added. What a f*** joke support. Glad I left and didn`t wait for 7.0.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
i can use A4 6300 + RX 580 for mining ? I will have bottleneck?
Any AMD cpu can cause problems on linux rigs.
Anyway there is almost no definition of bottleneck caused by CPU under windows as all computing operatons are done on GPU and cpu is needed for much easier tasks Smiley
Activity: 8
i can use A4 6300 + RX 580 for mining ? I will have bottleneck?
Hi,

I tried "OhGodAnETHlargementPill-r2" with my 6 x 1080ti, but I only went from 35Mh/s to 40Mh/s. Anyone else in my case ?

Mystery solved !
It seems I had a very old version of SimpleMining on this rig since it was running for a very long time. So I flashed a newer version and now I go from 35MH/s to 51Mh/s. Excellent !

Hello,

How did you manage to use OhGodAnETHlargementPill-r2 on smos?

Thanks

1. You need to connect to your rig with ssh.
2. Open a screen with : screen
3. Type : sudo /root/utils/OhGodAnETHlargementPill -revA 0,1,2,3 (where 0, 1, 2, 3 are the ids of the GPU)
4. Detach the screen with : Ctrl + A + D (so it can run in background in the screen)

On step 4 you say it can run in the background screen. Does this mean we need to keep the SSH window open?

Thanks
Activity: 1
Hello, i have been using SMOS for many months now. It's been awesome! Very stable and less hassle compared to using windows.

I have encountered issues recently thou. Sometimes overclocking AMD cards doesn't seem to work properly on all the cards. Let's say i set Core to 1080, Memory to 2100. Only 5 out of 8 cards will have the OC Setting.
Even if all video cards the same model/brand its causing this issue. Mixing other AMD models also causes this problem.
After rebooting rig/reload miner via SMOS Site. It still doesn't fix it. The only way to fix it is manually turning off via power supply, then turning on mining rig manually. Then all cards the cards will overclock properly.
Maybe you can check the overclock code and maybe add a "real reboot" command? make the rig restart like a real computer? hard reset (showing the bios screen like restarting on/off a normal pc then detecting the flash drive again).

Check pic:
#1 https://i.imgur.com/CCC08bH.png
#2 https://i.imgur.com/sBG6K94.png
Activity: 12
So with the new antminer z9 equihash miner coming out I think it would be a great benefit if SMOS could increase the scope of 1080 cards to improve ethereum hashrates with the ethlargement pill code built into SMOS. What are the chances that could happen? Thanks!
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
When using xmr-stak:
Code:
[2018-05-05 15:17:56] : HTTPD port is enabled but this binary was compiled without HTTP support!

Why? Please compile these with HTTP support.. it's nice for when we want additional monitoring..
Activity: 60
Hi All,

I used to mine ETH in December with about 26 Mh/s per card. I switched the rig to mine Cryptonight until few days ago and when I tried switching back to ETH, surprise - maximum 17.5 Mh/s per card!
Anybody has any idea what changed? My cards are having BIOS modded... everything worked ok until now. Cards are RX 570 ASUS Strix 4GB (ROG-STRIX-RX570-4G).
All the time I used simplemining os since the beginning, no change. current version shows 1165

Thanks a lot!

flash SMOS again, probably you have a very old version i guess

Thanks, it did the trick!
After re-flashing with the latest version all cards are back to normal!
Activity: 35
i did tests with this smos,

i mined eth with 1050 ti doing 15.5mh + mb+ cpu + ram all complete sistem was drawing from the wall 105 watt with smos and usb pendrive 16gb
then i used ssd + windows 10 using  claymore 11.7 and mining eth speed 15.8mh and drawing only 78 watt!!!
why smos consuming so much than windows 10?

Hi,

Can i have OC setting for 1050ti giving 15.5mh

As i am getting only 11.1mh

Regards,
Muthu
Anyone else having issues with the fan speeds not spinning up and sticking to their minimum speeds?  

I have 2 rigs that seem to be stuck on the minimum fan speed and are heating up considerably as the fan speeds don't seem to be adjusting as one would expect.

I have tried a reboot, different miner software, a newly flashed USB and even deleting the rig and popping a new USB in which just brings back the old settings!!!

Odd....

What cards, brand and and driver version? Also, what are you using to set the fanspeed? Could be several things going on, depending. Some driver versions had issues with fanspeeds for AMD, and I programed fan curves into the bios of my Tahitis, so something might be overriding youre settings. Also, if you're setting fanspeed in the miner group command line (with your miner args) and its getting overridden elsewhere by SMOS, it could cause this. For example if you have -minfanspeed -maxfanspeed, -tt, -ttli, etc. in Claymore's they may be interfering.

Using Claymore V11.7. on GTX 1060's haven't changed anything through SSH. But have tried to set minimum fan speeds but only through the SMOS website / gui...

You might try passing the fanspeed min. argument along with claymore's args. You could use the -ttli argument to make sure temps stay safe while you're trying to figure it out. If there are other software out there to adjust fans for 1060s, maybe give them a shot (or try different/updated or older) drivers. Also, if you've got an infrared thermometer, you might take the temp of the cards and make sure they seem to be reporting correctly. Only other thing I can think of is make sure you're hardware is all straight & you've got enough power going to the rig. As you probably know, low power can cause some strange issues.

Yeah I will try the -ttli 80 addition to keep these puppys under 80... Just scary when I see a GPU reading 96C and fan at 38....

Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Didn't work... That locked the fans in at the minimum set in the gui… Ughhh
Activity: 11
Anyone else having issues with the fan speeds not spinning up and sticking to their minimum speeds? 

I have 2 rigs that seem to be stuck on the minimum fan speed and are heating up considerably as the fan speeds don't seem to be adjusting as one would expect.

I have tried a reboot, different miner software, a newly flashed USB and even deleting the rig and popping a new USB in which just brings back the old settings!!!

Odd....

What cards, brand and and driver version? Also, what are you using to set the fanspeed? Could be several things going on, depending. Some driver versions had issues with fanspeeds for AMD, and I programed fan curves into the bios of my Tahitis, so something might be overriding youre settings. Also, if you're setting fanspeed in the miner group command line (with your miner args) and its getting overridden elsewhere by SMOS, it could cause this. For example if you have -minfanspeed -maxfanspeed, -tt, -ttli, etc. in Claymore's they may be interfering.

Using Claymore V11.7. on GTX 1060's haven't changed anything through SSH. But have tried to set minimum fan speeds but only through the SMOS website / gui...

You might try passing the fanspeed min. argument along with claymore's args. You could use the -ttli argument to make sure temps stay safe while you're trying to figure it out. If there are other software out there to adjust fans for 1060s, maybe give them a shot (or try different/updated or older) drivers. Also, if you've got an infrared thermometer, you might take the temp of the cards and make sure they seem to be reporting correctly. Only other thing I can think of is make sure you're hardware is all straight & you've got enough power going to the rig. As you probably know, low power can cause some strange issues.

Odd....

Activity: 11

Odd....

Activity: 756
Merit: 250
i did tests with this smos,

i mined eth with 1050 ti doing 15.5mh + mb+ cpu + ram all complete sistem was drawing from the wall 105 watt with smos and usb pendrive 16gb
then i used ssd + windows 10 using  claymore 11.7 and mining eth speed 15.8mh and drawing only 78 watt!!!
why smos consuming so much than windows 10?

Try using lower dpm stage (powerstage level in OC settings)

ofc i did tdp 40

Odd....
Activity: 314
Merit: 19
Hello friend,

I sent you an e-mail, can you please response? I quit mining, and have a deposit inside smos $15, may i get a refund to 0x71b959C89CA613CCE3d7B3270149D919143C1dff   ?

Thanks
Jump to: