Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 426. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Yes the first thing I did was install the latest BIOS for my motherboard.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hello I am having some issues using SimplMining OS for Ethereum. I Was wondering if someone could help me with my current situation.

Fail to start Windows/SimpleMiningOS with 4 RX 480's plugged in (but 3 work)

I'm powering the USB Risers

I can boot Windows and SimpleMiningOS with 3GPUs plugged in, but not 4. If I plug in a 4th GPU, SimpleMiningOS boots, but the screen stays black, and hitting any key reboots the machine. Windows won't boot at all.

I power each USB Riser using molex connectors hooked up to the PSU.

I've tried setting each PCI-E slot to Gen1 (and every other option: Auto and Gen 2/3), tried set the PCI PEG setting to disabled (and every other option), and tried enabling/disabling 4G decoding. In fact, I've tried setting every combination of the above, but to no avail.

I can boot into SimpleMiningOS with 3 cards plugged in to the 1x PCIE slots over powered usb risers, but can not boot with a 4th card. I tried plugging the 4th into both the final PCI-E 1x slot and either of the free PCIE 16x slots, it makes no difference.

All cards are stock. I haven't flashed them with any custom BIOS, and haven't tried over/under clocking them yet.

I know it's not a bad card/riser that's causing the issue, because I tried rotating cards/risers, and each of them work just fine as long as only 3 GPUs are installed when I boot up.

What else can I try to get 4 GPUs booting? Obviously I'd like to get all 6 working, but... baby steps.

have updated your motherboard BIOS to the latest one?
Activity: 7
Hello I am having some issues using SimplMining OS for Ethereum. I Was wondering if someone could help me with my current situation.

Fail to start Windows/SimpleMiningOS with 4 RX 480's plugged in (but 3 work)

I'm powering the USB Risers

I can boot Windows and SimpleMiningOS with 3GPUs plugged in, but not 4. If I plug in a 4th GPU, SimpleMiningOS boots, but the screen stays black, and hitting any key reboots the machine. Windows won't boot at all.

I power each USB Riser using molex connectors hooked up to the PSU.

I've tried setting each PCI-E slot to Gen1 (and every other option: Auto and Gen 2/3), tried set the PCI PEG setting to disabled (and every other option), and tried enabling/disabling 4G decoding. In fact, I've tried setting every combination of the above, but to no avail.

I can boot into SimpleMiningOS with 3 cards plugged in to the 1x PCIE slots over powered usb risers, but can not boot with a 4th card. I tried plugging the 4th into both the final PCI-E 1x slot and either of the free PCIE 16x slots, it makes no difference.

All cards are stock. I haven't flashed them with any custom BIOS, and haven't tried over/under clocking them yet.

I know it's not a bad card/riser that's causing the issue, because I tried rotating cards/risers, and each of them work just fine as long as only 3 GPUs are installed when I boot up.

What else can I try to get 4 GPUs booting? Obviously I'd like to get all 6 working, but... baby steps.
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Are setx automatically set in simplemining OS?

Activity: 15
confusing if Reddit is new for you, perhaps.

On Reddit, if an announcement is made, we can comment on that announcement. If questions/complaints are made, we can comment on those in their respective place.

Having one topic to handle 100 people's questions/answers mixed in with announcements like we have here, seems more messy in every way
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
reddit is allmost the same in my eyes ... little bit less confusing but still a lot of chaos Tongue
Activity: 15
This thread is getting ridiculously huge. I'm sure there are a ton of adopters now... Isn't it about time we move somewhere better?  

This would be so much better in a Reddit sub. If someone made one, I'd join right away.

reddit.com/r/smOS is open...
just saying
Activity: 116
so when u ssh into the rig and check the core clocks (aticonfig --adapter=all --odgc) there is still the default clock active? or is it the max clock and the actual clock is 1129?

that would mean that your power target is to low i would say so the gpu is downclocking to stay stable.

I left my power target alone, so i do not think it is that.

I have never used SSH. But it does not look too difficult, but where do I find proper login credentials for each rig?
Q: what user and pass used to login on console?
A: miner/miner   ....   root/miner1324

than i dont understand what u mean. who is telling you the different clocks?

The default clock of my current bios is set to 1191. But the smOS dashboard displays the clock as 1128. It is also hashing as if the clock is ACTUALLY set to 1128. When smOS first boots, before the miner starts, when the OC profile is applied it does not say anything about down-clocking. If, instead of leaving the OC settings blank, I type "1191" in the core clock field, the OC profile is then applied on startup, outputting "1191 ----> 1191"

First boot after flashing the GPU, it hashed at 29.3 and smOS dashboard displayed 1191 as the core clock. After 10-20mins the hashrate dropped to ~27-28 and the dashboard began displaying the core clock as 1128. Every restart since, the card has hashed at 27-28h right off the bat, and the dashboard always displays core clock as 1128.

edit: I would like to ssh into the rig to check your suggestion, but I have never done that before. I have installed Putty and am tying to figure out what the proper ip/port is.

your ip you should know Smiley
is it in your local network then ask your router for DHCP leases ... port is 22 ... user and password is  miner ...

after logging in you need to type the following:
Code:
export DISPLAY=:0
aticonfig --adapter=all --odgc

Putty just tells me "Network Error: Connection Refused"

Sorry, I've done hardware repair for years, and am finally paying for avoiding networking  Sad
so when u ssh into the rig and check the core clocks (aticonfig --adapter=all --odgc) there is still the default clock active? or is it the max clock and the actual clock is 1129?

that would mean that your power target is to low i would say so the gpu is downclocking to stay stable.

I have never used SSH. But it does not look too difficult, but where do I find proper login credentials for each rig?

The default clock of my current bios is set to 1191. But the smOS dashboard displays the clock as 1128. It is also hashing as if the clock is ACTUALLY set to 1128. When smOS first boots, before the miner starts, when the OC profile is applied it does not say anything about down-clocking. If, instead of leaving the OC settings blank, I type "1191" in the core clock field, the OC profile is then applied on startup, outputting "1191 ----> 1191"

First boot after flashing the GPU, it hashed at 29.3 and smOS dashboard displayed 1191 as the core clock. After 10-20mins the hashrate dropped to ~27-28 and the dashboard began displaying the core clock as 1128. Every restart since, the card has hashed at 27-28h right off the bat, and the dashboard always displays core clock as 1128.

edit: I would like to ssh into the rig to check your suggestion, but I have never done that before. I have installed Putty and am tying to figure out what the proper ip/port is.

your ip you should know Smiley
is it in your local network then ask your router for DHCP leases ... port is 22 ... user and password is  miner ...

after logging in you need to type the following:
Code:
export DISPLAY=:0
aticonfig --adapter=all --odgc

A: miner/miner   ....   root/miner1324

Activity: 4
mhh so the rig is running actually?! maybe you have a firewall which rejects your rig sending data to smos server? (it would be outgoing rule so very uncommon)

Everything was ok, why would it start to reject my rigs sending data suddenly when no actions have been made?
Can't get there until tomorrow, thus "Last share 17-06-12, 22:46:52 (2 minutes ago)" calms me down a bit...

Last 4 hours, my last reported hashrate is going down and down..

What should I do to fix it?

Thx in advance..

are the gpu getting to hot and start throttling?
Hi folks!
The question is i have both of my rigs coloured red and showing OFF in dashboard.
But when i look at the pool's page, the shares keep coming as normal and rigs seem to work as normal.
Going to search through the thread for the similar situation anyways, would be nice to hear/know that's just a server problem on the simplemining.net side.

mhh so the rig is running actually?! maybe you have a firewall which rejects your rig sending data to smos server? (it would be outgoing rule so very uncommon)
Activity: 1

Last 4 hours, my last reported hashrate is going down and down..

What should I do to fix it?

Thx in advance..
Activity: 4
Hi folks!
The question is i have both of my rigs coloured red and showing OFF in dashboard.
But when i look at the pool's page, the shares keep coming as normal and rigs seem to work as normal.
Going to search through the thread for the similar situation anyways, would be nice to hear/know that's just a server problem on the simplemining.net side.

The Dashboard appears to be displaying a different core clock than I have as the default in the gpu bios.

my bios has a default core clock of 1191

Initially, the Dashboard displayed the correct clock of 1191, with the GPU at ~29.3mh

I noticed the hashrate dropped to ~28.1mh, which is when I saw the Dashboard displaying the core at 1128

But the terminal does not show any down-clocking

even when I set the core to 1191 in the OC settings via the dashboard, the terminal never says the clock was lowered, it just says "1191 ----> 1191"

anyone else experience this or know a solution?
I never mining but when there is my friend advise me for mining i really want to learn mining..i need explanation how to start mining to use GPU ?

http://bfy.tw/CKHz
Jump to: