Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 429. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 128
Merit: 11
Ah, got it.  Thank you for the info.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I have a question.  I Have a Sapphire 290X 4GB & a Sapphire 290X Tri 4Gb and wanted to try this.  However, the RX version does not appear to support them.  Am I mistaken?

download the "R" image

The "RX" image is only for RX/Polaris cards
Activity: 128
Merit: 11
I have a question.  I Have a Sapphire 290X 4GB & a Sapphire 290X Tri 4Gb and wanted to try this.  However, the RX version does not appear to support them.  Am I mistaken?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
You guys need to lower your GPU temps and up the fans.

If you keep running it pegged and be above 75C , it'll fry itself in a few months and/or the fan will stop working.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello,

I switched to SMOS yesterday.  My 570 x6 rig is having GPU hang issues under Claymore 9.4.  These errors are causing the system to restart and after the reboot, it gets repeated pool connection failures.  Does anyone have experience with or know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Tony

P.S. The GPU hangs occur at irregular intervals.  The rig boots and mines between error occurrences if I do a full power cycle.
Activity: 37
Progress NVIDIA update:

Hi guys Smiley Today i made nvidia OS which works out of box Smiley
I will make first OC features and i guess i will release first alpha version which could be usable !
I will inform you via email once image will be released.
Anyway its going good Smiley
BTW. This image will be the same for AMD and Nvidia (installed both drivers into one OS image)

Thank you for the hard job 😂
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
8 cards running on simpleminingos.
470*6+570*2
Asus z270-p pci-e gen auto enable 4g disable sound/serial port

226.03 MH/s 3616.45 MH/s
57 76 67 67 70 70 70 78 ℃
63 63 63 63 63 63 63 85 %    
1150 1150 1150 1150 1150 1150 1150 1150 (2)
2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000

707+977=1684watt on wall

I cant lower power stage more.
Maybe I should lower VDDC in bios?

This does not work if done in PBE (Polaris BIOS Editor), and must be done properly (custom.)
Sometimes lowering PowerStage helps but now always (only some GPUs work with lower powerstage level, and this is rather experimental Tongue)
If it isnt working then you need custom rom, wolf0 is also doing those.
Activity: 49
Progress NVIDIA update:

I will make first OC features and i guess i will release first alpha version which could be usable !
BTW. This image will be the same for AMD and Nvidia (installed both drivers into one OS image)

it's very good.
waiting very much.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Progress NVIDIA update:

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Important questions:

I get the message that GPU #no found an incorrect share and that I should look if my o/c is stable, but then the share is not counted as rejected?

Which shares are counted as rejected?

Is there a way to count all incorrect shares to see if our overclocks are ok?

Your OS seems to be taking off too.  I understand the appeal and if I had the time and space for another box in this office I would be all over that, but we are packed to the brim with mining boxes and other computers

Really, the idea of the OS is less concerning in some ways than installing a software wallet, since the OS is independant of your daily OS, where you are constantly sending data.  Enough said, paranoid people cannot be explained with rational thought.  I love the project and I am glad you haven't gotten attacked too much.

Disable Integrated Audio Serial Port and LTP Ports,  up to 3 card no 4G decoding need it , if you go over 3 gpu you need it  boot with 3 cards only wait until mine after that reboot enable 4G decoding power off plug the others GPUs boot wait  for detection in my case need to enable pci latency timer at 96 not 32 (default value)
Activity: 11
8 cards running on simpleminingos.
470*6+570*2
Asus z270-p pci-e gen auto enable 4g disable sound/serial port

226.03 MH/s 3616.45 MH/s
57 76 67 67 70 70 70 78 ℃
63 63 63 63 63 63 63 85 %    
1150 1150 1150 1150 1150 1150 1150 1150 (2)
2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000

eth+sia 690+950=1640watt on wall
eth only 580+770=1350watt on wall

I cant lower power stage more.
Maybe I should lower VDDC in bios?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024
Important questions:

I get the message that GPU #no found an incorrect share and that I should look if my o/c is stable, but then the share is not counted as rejected?

Which shares are counted as rejected?

Is there a way to count all incorrect shares to see if our overclocks are ok?

Your OS seems to be taking off too.  I understand the appeal and if I had the time and space for another box in this office I would be all over that, but we are packed to the brim with mining boxes and other computers

Really, the idea of the OS is less concerning in some ways than installing a software wallet, since the OS is independant of your daily OS, where you are constantly sending data.  Enough said, paranoid people cannot be explained with rational thought.  I love the project and I am glad you haven't gotten attacked too much.
Activity: 2
Hello Smiley

I got issues with have all the GPU working
So i did some testing, and i found that the 2 of of 6 slots was not working, i try to modify the Bios and i did almost all the on the list
and now only 3 out of 6 slots are working, i test the slots one by one, to make sure that there is no mistake

Here is what i have done so far

1) i update the bios DONE !
2) i could not find where to enable the 4G (not sure how important its is)
3) i enable the on board GPU to start first PGE

the rest i did right

I have TB250 BTC Biostar motherboard and 6x580 cards

There is anything else that i have to check or modify ?

Thank you do much for the support
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
Yes for the first rig (the one in the screenshot)
But I notice the -r 1 was missing in the 2nd one, so I corrected it.
Maybe it will help to reduce trouble in the network, but won't fix it all.

But how a hanging rig can make issues on the whole internet network ? (everything on the same router 192.168.x.x)
Activity: 98
are you using -w 1 -r 1 ? for restarting automatically on gpu hang up?
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
Hi all,
someone know what is the cause of that error ?

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=589159bug.jpg

I get this rig freezed to that page, and it leads to bring all my local network down. No internet anywhere until I unplugged the RIG's ethernet cable or power down the RIG.
It happened few times, and mobo has been replaced with no improvement.
Any idea ?

This problem is really annoying as I loose internet for all rigs until I notice it and stop this faulty RIG.

erm ... that sounds weird ... maybe change the ethernet cable? network down can be happen if you plug both ends of a cable in a switch. maybe something like that is happening on your side ... try another cable ... or try to plug it into another port on ur switch.

Thank you for the advice.
I'm currently testing with new cable and different switch.
But I wonder what is the freeze cause.
Anyone understand the error text in the screenshot ?

by any chance.... are you using SRRv1 in this environment?

Not yet !

I had the issue again , all network down , but due to another RIG failing.
This time I did not have the same error as in screenshot.
I only had the claymore error saying a GPU was hanging, and the RIG freezed + network down.

Both RIGS have brand new ASUS Z270 mobos ..
Activity: 98
Hi,

Im already running simplemining with 5 rx480 8GB boards.

I got from a friend a spare r9 390 8GB, can I run it with my other rx480 boards? I saw the SM version is different, maybe an alternate version could run these cards together?

thanks

what should be the reason, why it shouldn't work?! you can mix cards for sure.
Activity: 7
hello all, im new here with this Os.. i have a few miners working fine with windows 10 but i want to give this a try because it seem much simple.. most of my rigs have 6 RX480 8Gb cards, one of them is giving me some problems and i think is the motherboard, im using msi Z270-A pro and is only working with 4 cards, everytime i try to enable the 4g decoding in the Bios the miner hangs.. the other rigs have biostar TB85 and they work fine. any ideas??  Huh the other issue is with the OC, i change the values but it seem like is not working for me..

Hi!

I had the same problem with my asus motherboard. I've updated the bios to the last release and now everything works fine. Check the BIOS version and if it's possible update it.
Activity: 7
Hello guys!

I need some help: I have a rig with 6x rx460 2 Gb cards. With simple mining OS the Zcash mining is running like a dream (650-750 S/s), but I cannot set up the simple minning OS to mine ETH. I know that my cards have only 2 Gb, but under win10 they are able to mine ETH with some special settings (10,5 - 11 Mh /s pro card).

My question is: how could I set the simple mining os with this rig to mine ETH?

Any idea?

Thank you in advance! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi all,
someone know what is the cause of that error ?

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=589159bug.jpg

I get this rig freezed to that page, and it leads to bring all my local network down. No internet anywhere until I unplugged the RIG's ethernet cable or power down the RIG.
It happened few times, and mobo has been replaced with no improvement.
Any idea ?

This problem is really annoying as I loose internet for all rigs until I notice it and stop this faulty RIG.

erm ... that sounds weird ... maybe change the ethernet cable? network down can be happen if you plug both ends of a cable in a switch. maybe something like that is happening on your side ... try another cable ... or try to plug it into another port on ur switch.

Thank you for the advice.
I'm currently testing with new cable and different switch.
But I wonder what is the freeze cause.
Anyone understand the error text in the screenshot ?

by any chance.... are you using SRRv1 in this environment?
Jump to: