Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 423. (Read 835499 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Okay I got the nvidia beta to work on claymore 9.5

at the moment there are bugs but it is a start.

I can run windows 7  with the 2x 1080ti's and 1x 1070

win 7
36.5 = 1080ti
36.5 = 1080ti
30.0 =  1070

smOS
32.0 =1080ti
32.0 = 1080ti
26.0 = 1070

what about clocks, temps and watts? Smiley i guess they run at the same miner settings?!

well I moved from one pc to another  since I could not change not with a macmini and 10.11 os    but on a mac mini with 10.10.5 os I could go the the site and change  stuff.

Also I want ewbf_  for zec  not sure if this beta has any software for zec

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Hello Tytanick,

Please investigate the issues mentioned before with the rigs from today (etc. Cards crashing to 0 Mh/s randomly).
Thanks.

Probably seems to you have inapropiate voltage set.. which powerstate do you use?
Which card model  and what settings etc? Please give more info about your rig config.

I'm using powerstate "7", I have my gpu core and memory clocks coded to BIOS directly and they are stable.
Cards are Sapphire RX 480 8 GB.
I'm using smOS from 2 months with same settings with no issues so maybe this is not the case.

P.S since 4 hours they are stable and didn't make a single restart. Before that i had more than 30 restarts on each rig.
Activity: 1
Hello! I have the problem that Mother does not want to boot with 4 gpus. I activated the 4g, and updated the bios. But nothing, if I connect 3 they work, I tried them all separately and they work as well.

My specifications;
H270 Plus
G4560
4GB Ram DDR4
Psu evga Supernova 1000w
4x rx 570

I saw 2 topics on reddit but I tried everything they said . Im using smos, the rig dont have hdd or sdd with Windows, may that be?  Thanks for the help and sorry my english!!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win 7
36.5 = 1080ti
36.5 = 1080ti
30.0 =  1070

smOS
32.0 =1080ti
32.0 = 1080ti
26.0 = 1070

what about clocks, temps and watts? Smiley i guess they run at the same miner settings?!
legendary

win 7
36.5 = 1080ti
36.5 = 1080ti
30.0 =  1070

smOS
32.0 =1080ti
32.0 = 1080ti
26.0 = 1070
You're correct, SM OS is pretty awesome, but...  Undecided

1) His frustration isn't an isolated incident. FOr someone new getting into mining, or trying out an advanced miner like this one, the broken english in the miner can be very confusing. That coupled with the seemingly arcane commands that one needs to enter to get a pool lined up can become quite frustrating. Seriously, look at the following text: "Default config: -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333." For the uninitiated that can be intimidating, especially when there are virtually no comprehensible explanations for what each command does, and how it has to be structured.

That's insane. You can't ask the guy who is making the OPERATING SYSTEM to teach you how to setup your MINER. Each miner has a different syntax and if the user isn't willing to learn the basics on how to connect to a pool then he's just lazy.

What did you expect from the operating system? You want the OS to create a wallet for you as well? Do you want it to register an account on the exchange as well? Do you want it to create a bank account for you and deposit money in it? If anyone expects to plug an USB in the computer and have everything else done automatically he's crazy.

Don't forget the button to order RX580 cards which arrive by drone delivery tomorrow…
oh i did not saw that button Sad

but ... really!? ... is there really no service!? ... why can't tytus get over here and install those RX580'? i have no clue how to do that!
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Hello Tytanick,

Please investigate the issues mentioned before with the rigs from today (etc. Cards crashing to 0 Mh/s randomly).
Thanks.

Probably seems to you have inapropiate voltage set.. which powerstate do you use?
Which card model  and what settings etc? Please give more info about your rig config.
legendary
BETA NVIDIA RELEASE:
Hi guys, to those who want to try nvidia here is an image.
Keep in mind that it is BETA so you will propably need to reflash it someday.
I guess all nvidias should be supported ( i tested on my GTX1070 gpus).
Anyway the Overclocking IS NOT WORKING NOW !
There is one thing you can accually set.
Its PowerLimit.
If you want to use powerlimit feature then write values 70-170 into Overclocking into CORE section.
This value will be used to set watt limit. I can say that value 95 is limiting wattage in my case from 900 watt to 620 watt
So this is temporary solution but it works Smiley

https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1096-kernel4.11.4-amd16.60-nvidia375.66-i915fw.imgc

will try this thank you
Activity: 29
Hello Tytanick,

Thanks.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Looks like I'll need to use Windows instead of this great idea.  Sad
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Progress NVIDIA update:

Hi guys Smiley Today i made nvidia OS which works out of box Smiley
I will make first OC features and i guess i will release first alpha version which could be usable !
I will inform you via email once image will be released.
Anyway its going good Smiley
BTW. This image will be the same for AMD and Nvidia (installed both drivers into one OS image)
Wow It is really great info!
Looking forward to release to build nVidia rigs :d
Thanks for your hardwork Tytanick! You are the master
Activity: 349
Merit: 102

1) His frustration isn't an isolated incident. FOr someone new getting into mining, or trying out an advanced miner like this one, the broken english in the miner can be very confusing. That coupled with the seemingly arcane commands that one needs to enter to get a pool lined up can become quite frustrating. Seriously, look at the following text: "Default config: -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333." For the uninitiated that can be intimidating, especially when there are virtually no comprehensible explanations for what each command does, and how it has to be structured.

That's insane. You can't ask the guy who is making the OPERATING SYSTEM to teach you how to setup your MINER. Each miner has a different syntax and if the user isn't willing to learn the basics on how to connect to a pool then he's just lazy.

What did you expect from the operating system? You want the OS to create a wallet for you as well? Do you want it to register an account on the exchange as well? Do you want it to create a bank account for you and deposit money in it? If anyone expects to plug an USB in the computer and have everything else done automatically he's crazy.

Don't forget the button to order RX580 cards which arrive by drone delivery tomorrow…
Activity: 26

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
BETA NVIDIA RELEASE:
Hi guys, to those who want to try nvidia here is an image.
Keep in mind that it is BETA so you will propably need to reflash it someday.
I guess all nvidias should be supported ( i tested on my GTX1070 gpus).
Anyway the Overclocking IS NOT WORKING NOW !
There is one thing you can accually set.
Its PowerLimit.
If you want to use powerlimit feature then write values 70-170 into Overclocking into CORE section.
This value will be used to set watt limit. I can say that value 95 is limiting wattage in my case from 900 watt to 620 watt
So this is temporary solution but it works Smiley

https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1096-kernel4.11.4-amd16.60-nvidia375.66-i915fw.imgc
only problem i got was when i used the new claymore-eth-9.5 which u have to enable manually by the options tab on dashboard ... on my side it seemed to work less stable than claymore-eth-9.4 ... so i switched back and now it is stable again.

if your rig crashes really often you probably should ssh into the machine and tail -f the log which is generated by claymore and see what happens when the rig hangs up or restarts ... on my side there was the line "miner thread hang up" or something similar ... (im using the option -logfile ./logfile.log on claymore to get more detailed debug log on a specific file name but for any reason its getting deleted after restart of the miner/rig)
Activity: 8
Hi,
Is there any update from today because from 1 hour my rigs are super unstable restarting a milion times , and different GPUs are hanging non-stop.
They were super stable and i doubt its a hardware problem on both of them at the same time.
Its for sure the OS.
nothing changed ... thunderstorm?!

I'll go check them at place, because i'm away now.
Lets hope not Smiley just wanted to be sure if any driver/kernel version changes are not presented.

As i can see there is 1098 version so something is changed. Maybe my rigs restarted and applied newer version and then problems started.

I also got lots of restarts today, I had to change the overclocks values to get that stable again... I'm still testing.
Activity: 568
umachit.fund
I got same crashing issue here. after update to 1098 (still no change log details).

Later you need to give us some option to update rigs or not, when new updates available.
Last 1097 give me the best OC result, i can OC higher than older OS version.
mhh very strange ... on my side everything is working as intended Sad
Activity: 17
Problem start today in 8-30 am  (Moscow time +3 gtm). New version released today??   My rig with 9  rx 480 start (z270a with 7 card in pci-e+ 2 card in m2) drop hashrate on one card to 0 mh/s and then reboot many times in row. He work flowless 2 month...

I dismount 1 random card and now its work (15 minute stable). I update post if find some new info. But i think that its problem with new version of smOS
Activity: 194
Hi,
Is there any update from today because from 1 hour my rigs are super unstable restarting a milion times , and different GPUs are hanging non-stop.
They were super stable and i doubt its a hardware problem on both of them at the same time.
Its for sure the OS.
nothing changed ... thunderstorm?!

I'll go check them at place, because i'm away now.
Lets hope not Smiley just wanted to be sure if any driver/kernel version changes are not presented.

As i can see there is 1098 version so something is changed. Maybe my rigs restarted and applied newer version and then problems started.

I have the same problems, also without obvious cause. From day to day, reboots started to appear, after a complete restart it will stop for a couple of hours.
Jump to: