Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 425. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Guys I have the following issue:

My asus strix rx 470 Mh/s fluctuate wildly (20-27) under smOS, if I run them on windows they hash stably, why is this happening?
question would be on which hashrate they stay stable ... are u benefitting of SMOS cause it runs from 20-27 instead of stable 20? Tongue
Activity: 72
Guys I have the following issue:

My asus strix rx 470 Mh/s fluctuate wildly (20-27) under smOS, if I run them on windows they hash stably, why is this happening?

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I'm trying to use the alternate z170 version of the smOS image, but I can't correctly write it to a usb stick using HDDRawCopy.

This one: https[Suspicious link removed]0ANDips0.imgc

It writes very slowly, and I get an error before its finished. Afterwards, I can't see/read anything on the disk in Windows, and I can't boot from it either. I've tried with several usb sticks.

What am I doing wrong? I tried a 32GB, 16GB, and 8GB usb stick with HDDRawCopy. Do I need to try writing using another tool?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
single image smOS for R and RX would nice.

bootup check: if Polaris = true load RX image else load R image fi ?

is it that simple!?

There wil be nvidia+amd-gpu pro single image but i wont be integrating old fglrx into it Smiley
Dont see point right now, i need some free space also for future new miners programms.

Nvidia + AMDGPU-PRO single image? Will this be able to mine on both an Nvidia GPU and an AMD GPU in the same rig?

If so... ohboy, I need some popcorn, cause this is gonna be a funny show.

I like tytanick and his OS but I'm with you wolf0 this is going to be a show with both in one!

It would be best to separate them

is it that simple!?

There wil be nvidia+amd-gpu pro single image but i wont be integrating old fglrx into it Smiley
Dont see point right now, i need some free space also for future new miners programms.

u mean R-OS is not longer supported when nvidia comes?! that would be a killer!
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

is it that simple!?

Eagerly awaiting Nvidia SmOS Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin

is it that simple!?

is it that simple!?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
ahhhhh i understand ... mostly u find these params in context of windows ... so probably setting them on linux is really useless.

Not the case - read what I said more closely: If you're on Linux and using the fglrx driver, they do indeed have an effect. Only on AMDGPU (which MUST be used for RX cards) ignores them entirely, IIRC.
oh ... im using "old" HD7990

so on the R-OS Image they would effect mining? and also it should be possible to set temps and fans with claymore than? (not that i would need it but just for understanding)

and on the RX-OS everything is not happening at all?

When i understood it, i would take it on my FAQ section Smiley cause this undervolt/overclock/fansetting stuff is really a FAQ Tongue

Yes - I don't use smOS, but his R-OS image pretty much certainly runs fglrx, while the "RX-OS" image would run AMDGPU. Since fglrx still has the ADL interface (which is common to Windows (all) and Linux (fglrx-only)), I believe Claymore's clocking & fanspeed options should function as advertised, yes - the voltage ones, I *highly* doubt it.

Also, what's with the seperate images? Just... dynamically select driver @ boot...

ahhhhh i understand ... mostly u find these params in context of windows ... so probably setting them on linux is really useless.

Not the case - read what I said more closely: If you're on Linux and using the fglrx driver, they do indeed have an effect. Only on AMDGPU (which MUST be used for RX cards) ignores them entirely, IIRC.
oh ... im using "old" HD7990

so on the R-OS Image they would effect mining? and also it should be possible to set temps and fans with claymore than? (not that i would need it but just for understanding)

and on the RX-OS everything is not happening at all?

When i understood it, i would take it on my FAQ section Smiley cause this undervolt/overclock/fansetting stuff is really a FAQ Tongue
kac
Activity: 1
i have 6 same cards in my Miner and one card makes problems (no good Hashrate and many invalid shares)

i will check the bios settings on this cards, but how can i find out in witch slot on the Mainboard is this cards pluged?
How can I identify the GPU1

Code:

ETH: GPU0 29.215 Mh/s, GPU1 19.996 Mh/s, GPU2 29.212 Mh/s, GPU3 29.222 Mh/s, GPU4 29.177 Mh/s, GPU5 29.189 Mh/s
GPU0 t=74C fan=41%, GPU1 t=59C fan=27%, GPU2 t=75C fan=34%, GPU3 t=73C fan=30%, GPU4 t=76C fan=28%, GPU5 t=59C fan=27%

I seem to have his exact issue and its only apparent when dual mining. As soon as i mine just ETH its all good.
I also found it seems to be isolated to the primary pcie 16x slot, i changed the slots on all the cards and the fault is always on GPU1.
 -dcri has a direct impact on the speed of this card when dual mining, the others are far less effected.

Also if you check the gpu clock speed it will probably be significantly lower than the rest. When setting the clock speed for all my cards in the web interface GPU1 always comes back as 910mhz regardless of the speed i set.
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Are setx automatically set in simplemining OS?

this is, what SMOS sets on bootup (i have no clue, what the params do)
Code:
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PRECENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=0
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

did some research and still have no clue what each param is doing Sad but it seams that most of them are obsolete on modern systems

Very true - honestly, you'll probably find a lot of shit like that. The dev of this OS probably doesn't know the AMDGPU driver doesn't even look for these environment vars - let alone take action based on them.

so its completly crap to set em? ... i read something about the miner software is using em ... that could be a reason why claymore is recommending them
i have 6 same cards in my Miner and one card makes problems (no good Hashrate and many invalid shares)

i will check the bios settings on this cards, but how can i find out in witch slot on the Mainboard is this cards pluged?

Code:

ETH: GPU0 29.215 Mh/s, GPU1 19.996 Mh/s, GPU2 29.212 Mh/s, GPU3 29.222 Mh/s, GPU4 29.177 Mh/s, GPU5 29.189 Mh/s
GPU0 t=74C fan=41%, GPU1 t=59C fan=27%, GPU2 t=75C fan=34%, GPU3 t=73C fan=30%, GPU4 t=76C fan=28%, GPU5 t=59C fan=27%

the most logical way would be to only use one card at once until you know the bad one Wink

a maybe easier way is setting claymores param -di which sets the active GPUs
Code:
-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   Use "-di detect" value to detect correct GPU order for temperatures management (requires non-zero "-tt" option); note that it will not work properly if you do not want to assign all GPUs to miner (add "-gmap" option to fix it).
- good if you only have remote access - didnt tried -di detect, maybe this is even easier...
if you have access to the keyboard and monitor you also can use this option:
Code:
You can also turn on/off cards in runtime with "0"..."9" keys and check current statistics with "s" key.

oh ... erm ... since u see the stats in SMOS u allready know the index of the GPU ... so u only need to stop all other cards by -di 1 (gpu1 is at low hashrate) or "0"..."9" and check the card, which is hot and loud in the rig.
Activity: 2
Hey everyone

can anyone confirm, that the new RX 550, 560, 570, 580 works with the current version of RX OS?

my 580 runs like a charm, however with the 550 i get GPU faults. i should get 560 and 570 this week too.

What expirience did you got so far with the newer RX cards?

BR
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service

Code:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Are setx automatically set in simplemining OS?

this is, what SMOS sets on bootup (i have no clue, what the params do)
Code:
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PRECENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=0
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

did some research and still have no clue what each param is doing Sad but it seams that most of them are obsolete on modern systems
Activity: 7
Hello I am having some issues using SimplMining OS for Ethereum. I Was wondering if someone could help me with my current situation.

Fail to start Windows/SimpleMiningOS with 4 RX 480's plugged in (but 3 work)

I'm powering the USB Risers

I can boot Windows and SimpleMiningOS with 3GPUs plugged in, but not 4. If I plug in a 4th GPU, SimpleMiningOS boots, but the screen stays black, and hitting any key reboots the machine. Windows won't boot at all.

I power each USB Riser using molex connectors hooked up to the PSU.

I've tried setting each PCI-E slot to Gen1 (and every other option: Auto and Gen 2/3), tried set the PCI PEG setting to disabled (and every other option), and tried enabling/disabling 4G decoding. In fact, I've tried setting every combination of the above, but to no avail.

I can boot into SimpleMiningOS with 3 cards plugged in to the 1x PCIE slots over powered usb risers, but can not boot with a 4th card. I tried plugging the 4th into both the final PCI-E 1x slot and either of the free PCIE 16x slots, it makes no difference.

All cards are stock. I haven't flashed them with any custom BIOS, and haven't tried over/under clocking them yet.

I know it's not a bad card/riser that's causing the issue, because I tried rotating cards/risers, and each of them work just fine as long as only 3 GPUs are installed when I boot up.

What else can I try to get 4 GPUs booting? Obviously I'd like to get all 6 working, but... baby steps.

Hi!

What kind of motherboard do you have?

1. check the motherboard BIOS updates - if there's a newer one, update it
2. 4G - always must be enabled if you want to use more than 3 cards

Because you turned on/off nearly everything, my proposal is to set the bios back to default, enable only 4G, disable the motherboard VGA and run the OS. I hope it'll help...
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Yes the first thing I did was install the latest BIOS for my motherboard.

I would investigate PSU next and ensure those riser cables and connections are secured
Activity: 124
Merit: 11
Jump to: