Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 510. (Read 835461 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Hello guys,

Having some problems with the image. After i did all the steps on website, i boot from the flash drive and after the message that ubuntu is loading and after that i get the message from the picture.

Can anyone tell me what i`m doing wrong? i have the image downloaded a couple of days ago from simplemining.net.

Thanks
Try inserting into USB2.0 port in motherboard. (be sure you dont have ony more drives in system)
Try reflashing image again different USB drive.

The USB with the blue tab inside usually is the USB3.0 port.
While the black tab inside is the USB2.0 port.
Personally, I use SSD instead of USB.
But USB2 or USB3 doesnt seem to have any issues with smOS too.

ok - im going out on a limb here ...

and ask a question that may have been asked a million times before - but its too late for me to read too much right now ...

is smos built for nvidia? ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hello guys,

Having some problems with the image. After i did all the steps on website, i boot from the flash drive and after the message that ubuntu is loading and after that i get the message from the picture.

Can anyone tell me what i`m doing wrong? i have the image downloaded a couple of days ago from simplemining.net.

Thanks
Try inserting into USB2.0 port in motherboard. (be sure you dont have ony more drives in system)

The USB with the blue tab inside usually is the USB3.0 port.
While the black tab inside is the USB2.0 port.
Personally, I use SSD instead of USB.
But USB2 or USB3 doesnt seem to have any issues with smOS too.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Thanks a lot! it`s working!
OK, can you make another test ?
when you rig will be up to date, can you make BETA UPDATE kernel ? - you can select it in dashboard.
After reboot can you tell me if problem will be back or is it fine ?

I have either corrupted newest image or the new kernel (that is default in this new image) is generating your problem ?
I would appreciate if you could make this test.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Just the RX version. Thanks a lot!

OK ltry this image, download, flash it, and then see if it will boot.
It will be downloading MANY updates like 30+ until it will end on 1047->1081 Tongue
Anyway we can check if issue is in image or something else.

Beware (those are old images , they will download about 30 auto updates Smiley
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1046.imgc
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-R-v1046.imgc

Thanks a lot! it`s working!
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

OK ltry this image, download, flash it, and then see if it will boot.
It will be downloading MANY updates like 30+ until it will end on 1047->1081 Tongue
Anyway we can check if issue is in image or something else.

Beware (those are old images , they will download about 30 auto updates Smiley
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1046.imgc
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-R-v1046.imgc
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I will upload another (older) image of the system _ autoupdates ofcourse.
You will check it this version will help.
Give me 15-30 min to upload.
Also is this R or RX version of the OS ?
Hello guys,

http://imgur.com/a/Pyn5O

Thanks

I don`t have any USB 3.0 slots Smiley i`ve tried different flash drive, different USB slot, downloaded the image like 5 times, reinstalled HDD Raw copy and different PC from wich i burned the image... same error Sad
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hello guys,

Thanks
Hey Guys!
 Do you know any good affiliate programs?
Hello guys,

http://imgur.com/a/Pyn5O

Thanks
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
forgot to change 8.0 to 8.1 in the frontend "meaby"?  Wink
Yup, fixed Cheesy
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
forgot to change 8.0 to 8.1 in the frontend "meaby"?  Wink
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Update v1081:
- updated claymore-eth to v8.1
note: you need to reload rig to start using this version
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Yeah i saw it but it was already to late to implement because 1a.m
Ok i will get to it in about 3-8 h from now
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Claymore Dual Miner ETH v8.1:

- added Ethereum+Pascal mode for NVidia cards.
- improved "-di detect" option: now after GPU order detection miner starts mining with the detected order.
- now remote management is working in read-only mode by default.
- improved "-mport" option, now you can specify network adapter IP for incoming connections for remote management.
- added "-benchmark" option.
- fixed issue with "-retrydelay" option.
- added  "-v" option.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.
- EthMan: added option for font color selection.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Just dropping a note of thanks to Tytanick for his smOS and SRR.

Today is a big day for me because, just completed SRR for all my rigs, housekeeping of rom mods for all rigs, standardized all USBs/SSDs, upgraded my old hubs to gigabit switches, cleanup the network cabling, etc.....  for the past week nearly 100% uptime daily and full speed 45K sol/s total hash for ZEC (3.6GH ETH, 115Khs XMR) - thanks to SRR keeping each rig alive.  I can say, my small farm is almost lights out operation now and I remotely manage the farm from home more often now. More time with family, more sleep time and working comfortably from home.

smOS and SRR are really a good combination and have generated me good income - hope we will see the best mining OS becoming even better with useful features to help miners be successful in mining. This is one of my best investment and ROI.

Also, would like to add a word of thanks to Eliovp for his amazing custom roms for my RX480s, R9-Nanos and Pandaminer.

Congratz on your farm and setup Smiley Yep indeed SRR smOS together are something really solid.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Just dropping a note of thanks to Tytanick for his smOS and SRR.

Today is a big day for me because, just completed SRR for all my rigs, housekeeping of rom mods for all rigs, standardized all USBs/SSDs, upgraded my old hubs to gigabit switches, cleanup the network cabling, etc.....  for the past week nearly 100% uptime daily and full speed 45K sol/s total hash for ZEC (3.6GH ETH, 115Khs XMR) - thanks to SRR keeping each rig alive.  I can say, my small farm is almost lights out operation now and I remotely manage the farm from home more often now. More time with family, more sleep time and working comfortably from home.

smOS and SRR are really a good combination and have generated me good income - hope we will see the best mining OS becoming even better with useful features to help miners be successful in mining. This is one of my best investment and ROI.

Also, would like to add a word of thanks to Eliovp for his amazing custom roms for my RX480s, R9-Nanos and Pandaminer.
Jump to: