Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 513. (Read 835461 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
40 Rigs/ down with your new tool i can`t get them working anymore.

We are encountering stability issues now with this new power tool thing. ethOS has the same shit and its not stable for RX cards at all. Now I understand what was causing all that none sense stability issues.

All of us uses custom roms, we dont need any voltage tools at all. All our rigs are going crazy now (RX).

Just some of them are stable at the moment. Could you please allow us to choose if we want this or not? I am just saying this is exactly the reason why ethOS was not stable for us when we use custom roms, it's trying to play with the power when it shouldnt. Our custom roms do that already.

Please tell us what you think.

Edit: I recommend a rollback to v1076 right away to evaluate more this powertool thing. It's no good for us.

All my RX has custom lowpower roms from Heliox.

All my rigs Sapphire 480 Refs, are stable, because I use 1100/2125/05, which means no OC (7 is no undervolt as per Tytanick)

Recommend that if you have custom roms ==> no additional undervolting or aggressive OC is needed.

If you have stock 480, 470s, then you could experiment with the undervolting in RX 1077.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Uh guys.
it 3 a.m
Tell me is the problem appeared even with old values like
core 6
mem 8
?

Or is the problem showimg only when you put new values ?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
And. We have a problem many of us don't do bios.  And this works great.

So I say leave it.

And stop flashing your bios
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Yes I agree, please roll back.  I have multiple rigs unstable with custom roms.  I tried removing the values in overclocking,   I end up with clocks showing 300 and not mining.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

We are encountering stability issues now with this new power tool thing. ethOS has the same shit and its not stable for RX cards at all. Now I understand what was causing all that none sense stability issues.

All of us uses custom roms, we dont need any voltage tools at all. All our rigs are going crazy now (RX).

Just some of them are stable at the moment. Could you please allow us to choose if we want this or not? I am just saying this is exactly the reason why ethOS was not stable for us when we use custom roms, it's trying to play with the power when it shouldnt. Our custom roms do that already.

Edit: I recommend a rollback to v1076 right away to evaluate more this powertool thing. It's no good for us.

Not sure if you are having the same issue as me or not but I had to go into the dashboard and remove my Core MHz and Memory MHz to empty, thats what stabilized mine.  With 40 rigs, I know it would be time consuming and not sure if needed but I also went back in and re-flashed all my cards.

I dont get it. Why would anyone use that powertool thing? Custom roms are there for that reason. Software OC for testing, then flash with offset values. I guarantee this new feature will create a lot more problems than solving.

At least if we had the choice, this is a really big invasive powertool imo. It's screwing around with our custom roms for sure.
Activity: 154

Not sure if you are having the same issue as me or not but I had to go into the dashboard and remove my Core MHz and Memory MHz to empty, thats what stabilized mine.  With 40 rigs, I know it would be time consuming and not sure if needed but I also went back in and re-flashed all my cards.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

legendary
Thanks the pandaminer  is allowing me to clock at 1 for undervolt.

I am mining zec with it.

All the undervolts  on  the 10 rigs  dropped me 1 amp at 240 volts

that is about 240 watts.

I really push my 2 cards rigs since they all were 4 card riser less rigs for the most part.

So they are all able to do higher intensity for eth + decred  I am doing

-ethi 10 -dcri 56  with no issues so far.  all of those rigs are at 2 for undervolt.

I may add some more gpus but I am done for the most part.  until the new models come out.
Activity: 463
Merit: 301

yeah i did that..

mine are all back up.

can you access the rigs?

I powered all of mine off.

turned on one and set new settings.

I have 9 rigs various gpus

I have  1 rig  pandaminer

I use 2 emails

all is well now.  took an hour to fix.

nine rigs most set to 2 for undervolt and stock core  stock me clocks

rig Philipma1957Asus3 is flakey just a bit

rig Philipma1957E  wants 3 for underplot not 2

this is my multi rig email my panda miner  email with 1 panda miner is a bit weird but pool side it hashs correctly.

did you forget to put the img for the pandaminer?  I fixed it.
legendary

yeah i did that..

mine are all back up.

can you access the rigs?

I powered all of mine off.

turned on one and set new settings.

I have 9 rigs various gpus

I have  1 rig  pandaminer

I use 2 emails

all is well now.  took an hour to fix.

nine rigs most set to 2 for undervolt and stock core  stock me clocks

rig Philipma1957Asus3 is flakey just a bit

rig Philipma1957E  wants 3 for underplot not 2

this is my multi rig email my panda miner  email with 1 panda miner is a bit weird but pool side it hashs correctly.

https://i.imgur.com/khKwWjh.png
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
Ok so taking out the mhz in core and mem fixed the issue, leaving the default to 5 in undervolting.  I went back in and reflashed all cards to be safe also
So you accualy changes something and then booted those rigs ?
Tell me how did you proceed.
What was wrong and how you fixed ?

First I ssh'd in and reflashed all the cards with my rom, after you replied with your thoughts, I went in the OC settings on the dashboard and took out core mhz and memory mhz and left them blank.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Ok so taking out the mhz in core and mem fixed the issue, leaving the default to 5 in undervolting.  I went back in and reflashed all cards to be safe also
So you accualy changes something and then booted those rigs ?
Tell me how did you proceed.
What was wrong and how you fixed ?
Hey tytanick, I redid my rack a different way today.  After plugging all 3 rigs back in i seem to be getting alot of low memory errors, gpu hangs in opencl.  I have not changed anything with my cards and I am running anoraks OC rom.  It was all working fine before I turned everything off so the only difference is I see I went to 1077 and I see alot of talks about the OC stuff.  Could the voltage be causing problems with my already clocked cards?
I dont think so,
You have in mind RX OS right ?
IF you had old values like dpm level + memory  OC in % then you shoudl be getting exactly the same thing as before update.
The new system is only active when you enter core and memory in MHz so
core: 300-1500
memory: 300-3000
Only then if calues are in this range , the new overclocking system kicks in.

So if you have old values then nothing should changed.

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I'm already seeing improvements to my rigs!
Here is a very small donation for what is the best crypto-mining management, monitoring system in existence! Based on the your receptiveness and capabilities, tytanick, I imagine it will the best system out there for some time to come, if not forever. Thank you!
Best ? And why not ethos Tongue  ?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hey tytanick, I redid my rack a different way today.  After plugging all 3 rigs back in i seem to be getting alot of low memory errors, gpu hangs in opencl.  I have not changed anything with my cards and I am running anoraks OC rom.  It was all working fine before I turned everything off so the only difference is I see I went to 1077 and I see alot of talks about the OC stuff.  Could the voltage be causing problems with my already clocked cards?
I dont think so,
You have in mind RX OS right ?
IF you had old values like dpm level + memory  OC in % then you shoudl be getting exactly the same thing as before update.
The new system is only active when you enter core and memory in MHz so
core: 300-1500
memory: 300-3000
Only then if calues are in this range , the new overclocking system kicks in.

So if you have old values then nothing should changed.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
What's your btc address I'll help offset that price.

My BTC address is this DONATIONS GOES HERE:
1ERRVbvV23h51ScH73nQr6TDmaieKNuuVD

If anybody will send me some cash, please write me email to [email protected] with tx info and amount with your email that you are using in simplemining.net .
It would be not so good if you guys send me some cash now and i will implement in some near time fee system, you would pay double, thats why please send me email.

I'm already seeing improvements to my rigs!

Here is a very small donation for what is the best crypto-mining management, monitoring system in existence! Based on the your receptiveness and capabilities, tytanick, I imagine it will the best system out there for some time to come, if not forever. Thank you!

txid:
5d39bb2b0af38f108a4069276413ae7605ba03edccfb30a40025e6e86a23c6a7
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
tytanick,
What program are you using to undervolt offset (112-1150mV) in VBIOS? Is it Poloaris Bios Editor or something else?
HxD Hex Editor

Ok that is a new one to me. Thank you!  *Correction* (112-150mV)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
tytanick,
What program are you using to undervolt offset (112-1150mV) in VBIOS? Is it Poloaris Bios Editor or something else?
HxD Hex Editor
Jump to: