Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 512. (Read 835461 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Good no worries.

And yeah spending time and feeling like
It was wasted would piss me off.

So I spent about an hour fixing my rigs and when you asked for a roll back I got a bit cranky.

I am liking the smOS more every day.

Why wouldn't you :p It's completely free..
a quote from someone else: "Albeit at someone elses mercy".

The funny thing someone just brought up to my attention.

The overclock part for RX cards is almost identical to what EthOS offers, what ethOS offers is custom code written by Sling00 to control amdgpu-pro.
Also, i noticed wolfamdctrl being in that code, also something that has been a part of EthOS, it "could" be that Tytanic bought Wolfamdctrl as well but i doubt it, why invest in something you will offer for free?..
Same goes for Atiflash, another thing that's not something you can find "so easily" on the net..

My point being, if you "use" stuff from other distro's, the least you can do is give credit to those who wrote the code in the first place.
Yeah, i know no one gives a shit, as long as you can use it for free .. Smiley

Greetings!

I paid him  0.031211 so far and plan to continue paying him.  Even if I am the only person paying.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
No, i dont steam anything from anyone, I even dont know how ethos worked becasue i never used it and looked in theyr scripts.
Only thing i saw is their dashboard thats it.
All scripts are 100% written by me, tool is bought from wolf and when i ask him if i should mantion that this tool is from him, he said "no need to mantion it".
Anyway i bought it and not copyied it.

Also what code is identical to mine ? meaby they copied sometring from me accually ?

I highly doubt it Wink

But it's ok, no need to keep defending yourself.

I'll say it again: I couldn't care less if you did, the only thing i would appreciate, is if it was, that you would leave some credit.

But it's all good.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
No, i dont steam anything from anyone, I even dont know how ethos worked becasue i never used it and looked in theyr scripts.
Only thing i saw is their dashboard thats it.
All scripts are 100% written by me, tool is bought from wolf and when i ask him if i should mantion that this tool is from him, he said "no need to mantion it".
Anyway i bought it and not copyied it.

Also what code is identical to mine ? meaby they copied sometring from me accually ?
legendary
Huh?
My point being, if you "use" stuff from other distro's, the least you can do is give credit to those who wrote the code in the first place.
Accually you are wrong. EthOS bought this utility from wolf and i also bought from wolf0 for 0.15 BTC and i rapped up with my scripts....
Anyway you could check md5sum of this tool, its different (anyway in older ethos version).
This is why i took so long to implement while ethos had it few months before me. I was negotiating with him and i also tryied to write own tool from beginning which i am capable of but i just didnt had time for this.
I never steal if thats what you mean....

Atiflash is free to use for everyone - see "tool" in attachments
Here is the link to public atiflash for linux: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97403

Any other thoughts ?

Nope, i'm just surprised that you bought it from wolf, that explains a lot.

I know Atiflash is free to use, i never said that it wasn't Smiley

Just looking at your code and comparing it to ethos's, looked almost identical.

I don't care, but if it was, i would have loved to see some credits for the ones who initally wrote it.

Oh also never said that you're a thief, i just know that in this world/scene a lot is being "borrowed" Wink

Greetings!
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Accually you are little wrong.

EthOS bought this utility from wolf and i also bought from wolf0 different version for 0.15 BTC and i rapped up with my scripts....
Anyway you could check md5sum of this tool, its different (anyway in older ethos version it was different).
This is why i took so long to implement while ethos had it few months before me. I was negotiating with him and i also tryied to write own tool from beginning which i am capable of but i just didnt had time for this.

Atiflash is free to use for everyone - see "tool" in attachments
Here is the link to public atiflash for linux: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97403

Free OS ? - its was free becasue it wasnt finished and accually i think many things are still missing.
It is still free ? Its only becasue i didnt had time to implement "fee" feature but its on top of my list now.
So soon it will be paid about 1$ per rig per month and ofcourse there will be free period for old users and also new users.

All clear ?
legendary
Huh?
Good no worries.

So I spent about an hour fixing my rigs and when you asked for a roll back I got a bit cranky.

Why wouldn't you :p It's completely free..
a quote from someone else: "Albeit at someone elses mercy".

The funny thing someone just brought up to my attention.

The overclock part for RX cards is almost identical to what EthOS offers, what ethOS offers is custom code written by Sling00 to control amdgpu-pro.
Also, i noticed wolfamdctrl being in that code, also something that has been a part of EthOS, it "could" be that Tytanic bought Wolfamdctrl as well but i doubt it, why invest in something you will offer for free?..
Same goes for Atiflash, another thing that's not something you can find "so easily" on the net..

Greetings!

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
No worries guys Smiley
Dont eat eachother.
Bugs can happen all the time so betatesting updates is crucial as we seebecause there are bugs which can affect 10% poeple and i can just miss it.
legendary
Good no worries.

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
And. We have a problem many of us don't do bios.  And this works great.

So I say leave it.

And stop flashing your bios

Are you kidding me phillip? All our farms have custom bios for our RX 480s. More mhs, less power and less heat. Oh but oh yeah dont use this guys.. ?!

And again, without this tool its perfectly stable, we need some thing of path where that tool will not do anything unless touched by the web management or something like that.

So you paid and installed custom bios .

And you saved lots of money.

So roll back the bios set the under volt and see what is better.

This saves me 1 amp I use 16 vs 17 so it is a savings for me.

I should care that the bios you paid for which by your own admission saved you money
Stopped working.

All my pcs crashed.
 Yeah I have 11pcs you ma have 100.

So I tweaked I am stable .

Tweak your gear and make it stable again.

You want the farm to care for itself ?  They sometimes need an overhaul.

Figure out what you need to do.

How about setting volts to 5 since you are saving the power already.

We dont pay for any custom roms, we designed them ourselves for our needs. We are aiming for less heat and lower power usage as much as we can by finding the best sweet spot with the lowest Watt/mhs. Seriously making custom roms is like an art itself.

As I mentioned before, our hardware was already tweak under windows environment which I do not recommend for a big amount of rigs.

Tytanick fixed the bug we had already, awesome service and support.

Thanks again btw.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
THE 300 MHZ issue is solved for sure !
It want mater of stock or custom roms
It was a bug and touched rigs who didnt had any values written in OC fields (empty fields) and they reloaded/rebooted once v1077 update was released.
Anyway i fixed it and reloaded all rigs where i've seen 300 MHz clock in status.
All good now.

Anyway i could not sleep (its 4 a.m now,) propably you guys used telepation to wake up my mind i suppose Cheesy

i havent had an issue let like everyone else has
i have custom roms
but then again if their custom roms have mV settings already
then your undervolting setting would make the cards unstable
im running 2 rigs at 1130 core 1850 mem with 1500 strap undervolt setting of 2
and 1 rig at 1130 core 1945 mem with 1500 strap undervolt settings of 2 also
ill run some test tomorrow with mV move to see where the special numbers are for the undervolt settings in smOS

EDIT: also how does one reset the reset counter? if you said how to i completely missed it
legendary
And. We have a problem many of us don't do bios.  And this works great.

So I say leave it.

Are you kidding me phillip? All our farms have custom bios for our RX 480s. More mhs, less power and less heat. Oh but oh yeah dont use this guys.. ?!

And again, without this tool its perfectly stable, we need some thing of path where that tool will not do anything unless touched by the web management or something like that.

So you paid and installed custom bios .

And you saved lots of money.

So roll back the bios set the under volt and see what is better.

This saves me 1 amp I use 16 vs 17 so it is a savings for me.

I should care that the bios you paid for which by your own admission saved you money
Stopped working.

All my pcs crashed.
 Yeah I have 11pcs you may have 100.

So I tweaked I am stable .

Tweak your gear and make it stable again.

You want the farm to care for itself ?  They sometimes need an overhaul.

Figure out what you need to do.

How about setting volts to 5 since you are saving the power already.

Mine work at 2 .  My other post was a little harsh but we both made choices about bios flashing.

So now my choice is paying off and you want it to end for me.

I simply ask how long did your choice make extra money for you?

Months weeks days.  Or a few years?

So far I have four hours that I am better off.

About 1 kilo watt.  Or 10 cents.

I gave 38 usd to smOS so at 60 cents a day it would take 70 days of under volt for me to break even.

I ask again did you roi on the custom bios ?

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
THE 300 MHZ issue is solved for sure !
It want mater of stock or custom roms
It was a bug and touched rigs who didnt had any values written in OC fields (empty fields) and they reloaded/rebooted once v1077 update was released.
Anyway i fixed it and reloaded all rigs where i've seen 300 MHz clock in status.
All good now.

Anyway i could not sleep (its 4 a.m now,) propably you guys used telepation to wake up my mind i suppose Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
No, accualy 0 is totally unstable it is maximal undervolt Smiley
7 is no undervolting.

Yes, its "5" thats is the normal vanilla setting that I use and its stable with RX480s.

I have some RX480 rigs with "7" and "5" -- monitoring them currently.

My RX480 rigs are still stable with custom roms.

For those who have unstable rigs with this new powertool and custom roms.

Just revert to "7" -- NO UNDERVOLT.

Hmm last time I tried 7, I had rigs with 300 core clocks. I will try again that option to see the difference.

Reboot rig, even better power cycle for good measure.

With this new powertool, I have found some of my RX rigs that can take further undervolt without any impact to hash/temps/fans, so I use "5" for them. I may try "4" to push my luck. These GPUs must have better memory or components - which I didnt know before.

However, I have sensitive rigs and sure they bombed out at "5" so I just left them at "7" no undervolt and they are working as per usual (like previous state).

I recommend that RX 1077 stays and this powertool will be very useful for non-farm/non-custom rom folks.

For custom rom folks, its crucial that these rigs with custom roms work exactly what the custom rom is designed for -- save power, less heat, optimised hash/power ratio, etc. The baseline values for this RX1077 powertool should be at no changes on clocks and no undervolting. Just get those values right and you should be biz and usual. Tytanick can also troubleshoot for you, so its his incentive to make it work work you  Cheesy
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Actually Started working once I used Bugattis method. Removed all values in overclocking and restarting a couple times. Back to values the custom rom provides.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
It was bug involvin blank fields.
Already fixed iti with patch just now.
7 is no undervolting.

Yes, its "5" thats is the normal vanilla setting that I use and its stable with RX480s.

Hmm last time I tried 7, I had rigs with 300 core clocks. I will try again that option to see the difference.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
7 is no undervolting.

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

So I say leave it.

please send me to [email protected] what is your email on simplemining.net
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
7 is no undervolting.

So I say leave it.

Jump to: