Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 509. (Read 835461 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
@tytanick is it possible for the optiminer client to show just the total hashrate and when you hover over it to show individual hashrates?  I like how you have claymore eth setup but find it a bit frustrating to have to always open console to check total hashrate for optiminer.

claymore has this just because it has clean and very nice api.
I didnt check but as i renember optiminer doesnt has one so it would be very hard to do this.
You could ask optiminer developer to do that.
also is claymore zec slower than optiminer?

Optiminer v1.7 is faster and stable on Linux

Claymore v12.3 better on Windows

My rigs now are selling hash at ZEC marketplace in NH -- huge payouts.

I think ZEC and DASH are big winners, since BTC is now below 1k at 984$ and ETH dropping fast, 37$ -- as I am typing

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
@tytanick is it possible for the optiminer client to show just the total hashrate and when you hover over it to show individual hashrates?  I like how you have claymore eth setup but find it a bit frustrating to have to always open console to check total hashrate for optiminer.

claymore has this just because it has clean and very nice api.
I didnt check but as i renember optiminer doesnt has one so it would be very hard to do this.
You could ask optiminer developer to do that.
also is claymore zec slower than optiminer?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Yep has to do with powerstage (didn´t happen before).

If some of you are uncertain of using the powerstage feature... check your bios with polaris bios editor (simple..) and look out for the preferred gpu clock.. for me it´s 1073 and powerstage 3.. so I downclock my gpus through SM and use powerstage 3... everything runs fine and I save some power.

since I am already using lowpower custom mod roms, I didnt want to mess with any more savings thats why I used powerstage 7
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
Yep has to do with powerstage (didn´t happen before).

If some of you are uncertain of using the powerstage feature... check your bios with polaris bios editor (simple..) and look out for the preferred gpu clock.. for me it´s 1073 and powerstage 3.. so I downclock my gpus through SM and use powerstage 3... everything runs fine and I save some power.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi T,

I noticed some rigs now have "300" in memory in RX rigs/cards.
After a reboot, it goes away but I see up 2-3 rigs at random having this issues.
It doesn't interrupt mining however, it will drop a card (reduced hash) until reboot is performed.
Can SRR detect this and apply reboot?
Or is this a function of the miner or smOS to take action?
Or is this a HW fault at GPU side?
I think in last few updates, a fix was already applied to address this issue.
Currently I dont use smOS "powerstage" and use "7" for no undervolting.
My Sapphire RX480 GPUs rigs custom modded roms and use 1100 core, 2125 memory, no undervolt = "7"

Thanks

This is bug that i am aware of, its not faulty GPU.
Its just new powerstage bug. I will fix is as fast as i can.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi T,

I noticed some rigs now have "300" in memory in RX rigs/cards.
After a reboot, it goes away but I see up to 2-3 rigs at random having this issues.
It doesn't interrupt mining however, it will drop a card (reduced hash) until reboot is performed.
Can SRR detect this and apply reboot?
Or is this a function of the miner or smOS to take action?
Or is this a HW fault at GPU side?
I think in last few updates, a fix was already applied to address this issue.
Currently I dont use smOS "powerstage" and use "7" for no undervolting.
My Sapphire RX480 GPUs rigs custom modded roms and use 1100 core, 2125 memory, no undervolt = "7"

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Poland but i dont want borrow any GPUs.
I will need to buy it myself.

if you were closer - it would be easy ...

btw - there is NO borrowing with me Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Poland but i dont want borrow any GPUs.
I will need to buy it myself.
legendary
great ...
any help you may need - please let us know ...
if we can help - we will ...
we were looking at producing something similar - but you have made a great job with this ...
#crysx
i would need to have one nvidia gpu and right now i dont hane any

where are you located? ...

#crysx
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
hi

please help me in sitting undervolting or -mv in SimpleMining.net

how do i do?

in windows -100mv in sapphire trixx but in SimpleMining.net what are you doing /?

not understand please help me with pictures

my gpu Rx 470 4gb sapphire nitro+

what are your stock rx 470 4gb settings?

did you ever flash a bios to your card?

if you are in stock bios  follow the example

here are my settings for first rig

I flashed rx470 4gb

Flash My bios

and i get 26/400 mhz and power in here is 1 that 7

Please help in sitting bios for low power
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
great ...
we were looking at producing something similar - but you have made a great job with this ...
#crysx
i would need to have one nvidia gpu and right now i dont hane any
legendary
Right now nvidia wont work
But i have that im plans propably 2-4 months from now.

great ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Is there a way to use atiflash and Polaris bios editor with this OS?

Also a power limit setting would be nice as some gpus need it more than others (specifically for dual mining)

Also I'm getting a lower hashrate in general dual mining with this OS compared to windows.. is that normal?

A trade off as you can run a lot of rigs stable and easy to check with linux and this. software.

you can also change setting faster.

changing  afterburner on 10 rigs with 50 cards or so takes forever.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

Also a power limit setting would be nice as some gpus need it more than others (specifically for dual mining)

Also I'm getting a lower hashrate in general dual mining with this OS compared to windows.. is that normal?
Try using lower Powerstage for less wattage.
And if you mean like 2-5% slower then yes, linux is slower in this mater.
Activity: 689
Merit: 253

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
hi

how do i do?

in windows -100mv in sapphire trixx but in SimpleMining.net what are you doing /?

what are your stock rx 470 4gb settings?

did you ever flash a bios to your card?

if you are in stock bios  follow the example

here are my settings for first rig

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Just to be completely clear here.

Before others start to fly and think they can undervolt..

0 - 7 are the DPM stages for the core clock.

You don't undervolt, you just set your core differently on a specific dpm stage.

As an example.

Open up polarisbioseditor, you'll see that there are 8 stages for the core clock. 0 -> 7

As you can see here, on the left you have the preset core clock settings and on the right you have the voltage settings.
300Mh being the only one with a preset voltage offset.
The other 7 will be auto calculated by the GPU. (By adding Global VDDC Offset in the rom, this can be manipulated).

What happens here isn't really "Undervolting", the only thing that does happen is that driverwise the core clock of a specific dpm stage is being modified, therfore the voltage remains the same as it was previously on that specific dpm stage.

So you are basically forcing a specific core clock to run on a specific voltage.

It's like this example:

Which is

1. Definitely not stable in most cases as it's not being autocalculated anymore.
2. Not how it "should" be.

It's a way, i'm pretty sure it'll work okish, but i'm also very sure, if you start messing around to much, your gpu's will fail.

That's the difference between forcing voltage or adding a global vddc offset in the rom where the voltage controller starts calculating from a lower voltage offset.

Just to be very clear here, it is "not" possible to really "undervolt". This can only be achieved in the rom itself.

Oh and for the Fans, or better, the haters, i'm not bashing anything here, i'm just writing down facts.

Greetings!

Hey Heliox (kinda sounds like Hail Hydra Cheesy )
Quick question : isn't this the same as using a windows tool like watttool to set clocks and volts at each boot?
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
hi

how do i do?

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Right now nvidia wont work
But i have that im plans propably 2-4 months from now.
Jump to: